MPSC PSI Recruitment 2020 – Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) has announced the dates of preliminary examination. The prelims exam for Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-gazetted Group-B (Advt. No. 05.2020) is scheduled to take place on October 11, 2020. Candidates can check the official notice from this article. The recruitment for MPSC Subordinate Services is conducted for Police Sub Inspector (PSI) – Group B, Assistant Section Officer (ASO)- Group-B and State Tax Inspector (STI)- Group-B. This year, MPSC has advertised a total of 806 vacancies for MPSC Subordinate Services (Group B) recruitment. Read on to get complete information for MPSC PSI recruitment 2020.
Latest: The prelims exam for MPSC PSI recruitment is scheduled to be held on October 11, 2020.
MPSC PSI Recruitment 2020
Note down the important dates for MPSC PSI recruitment 2020 from the table provided below.
|MPSC PSI Recruitment||Important Dates|
|Start of application form||28 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||19 Mar 2020|
|Last to submit fees through offline process||20 Mar 2020|
|Preliminary exam date|
11 Oct 2020
|Release date of admit card||To be announced|
|Mains exam date(Combined paper – 1)|
To be announced
|Main Exam Paper 2 for Police Sub-Inspector|
To be announced
|Main Exam Paper 2 for State Tax Inspector|
To be announced
|Main Exam Paper 2 for Assistant Cell Inspector|
To be announced
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
MPSC PSI Exam 2020 – Exam Date Announced!
MPSC has decided to conduct the prelims exam for Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-gazetted Group-B (Advt. No. 05/2020). The preliminary examination of MPSC PSI is scheduled to be conducted on October 11, 2020. Check out the notice below.
MPSC PSI Admit Card 2020
The admit card for MPSC PSI recruitment releases through the official website, mahampsc.mahaonline.gov.in. Aspirants can download their MPSC PSI admit card with the help of username and password. Read on to know some key details about the MPSC PSI admit card.
- MPSC activates the link to download the admit card a few days before the examination.
- On the official website of the commission, MPSC provides the link to download admit card without login credentials. Candidates only require their application ID to log in for this facility.
- Aspirants are only allowed to carry their MPSC PSI admit card, photo identity proof and a pen to the exam centre.
- The following details are present on the MPSC PSI admit card –
- Timings for the examination
- Exam Centre
- Reporting time
MPSC PSI Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2020
The exam pattern and syllabus for Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-gazetted Group- B (prelims and mains) are released. Candidates can check these resources from the official website. We have also provided the direct link to download the MPSC PSI recruitment exam pattern and syllabus below.
- Prelims Exam –
- The prelims exam is conducted for 100 marks
- Objective type questions are asked in the combined prelims exam.
- Questions are asked in Marathi and English.
- Mains exam –
- The mains exam is conducted for 200 marks
- There are 02 papers – Paper 1 (combined) and Paper 2 (post wise).
- The medium of Paper 1 and Paper 2 is Marathi and English language.
MPSC PSI Recruitment 2020 – Selection Process
The selection for MPSC recruitment is done through 04 stages – prelims, mains, physical test and interview round. Candidates have to appear for all the stages to be shortlisted for the Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-gazetted Group-B. Check out the post wise selection procedure below.
Assistant Section Officer and State Tax Inspector
- Combined Preliminary Exam – The stage of the selection procedure is prelims. This round is conducted for 100 marks. After securing the qualifying marks, candidates are shortlisted for the main round.
- Mains Exam: Paper 1, Paper 2 (for respective posts) – The mains exam is conducted for 200 marks. There is Mains Paper 1 exam which all the aspirants have to take before appearing for Paper 2. Separate Paper 2 exam for Assistant Section Officer and State Tax Inspector is conducted. The selection is done based on these two stages only.
Police Sub Inspector
- Combined Prelims Exam – As discussed above, a combined prelims exam is organised by the MPSC. This prelims round is conducted for 100 marks. Candidates qualifying the prelims round are invited to appear for the MPSC mains exam.
- Mains Exam: Paper 1, Paper 2 – A combined Paper 1 exam is conducted before PSI Paper 2 exam. The MPSC PSI mains exam is conducted 200 marks.
- Physical Test – Qualifying mains exam allows candidates to appear for the physical test round. Aspirants must fulfil the physical requirements to qualify this round. Also, PST round is conducted for 100 marks.
- Interview Round – The last stage is the interview round. MPSC organises PSI interview session for 40 marks.
Know more about MPSC PSI recruitment selection procedure by referring to the image below.
MPSC PSI Recruitment Vacancies 2020
Maharashtra Public Service Commission has advertised a total of 806 vacancies for the Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-gazetted Group-B. These vacancies are further divided amongst three posts. Know the post wise and category wise distribution of MPSC PSI recruitment from the image below.
- State Tax Inspector (STI) : 89 Posts
- Assistant Section Officer: 67 Posts
- Police Sub Inspector (PSI) : 650 Posts
MPSC PSI Answer Key 2020
A few days after the exam, MPSC releases the answer key for Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-gazetted Group-B. Candidates can download their MPSC PSI answer keys from the official website, mpsc.gov.in. Know more about the MPSC PSI recruitment answer key below:
- Candidates are not required to log in and download MPSC PSI recruitment answer keys.
- MPSC allows candidates to send representations against the provisional PSI answer key.
- The procedure to raise objections is conducted as an offline process. Candidates have to download the ‘objection form’ from the website and submit it to the commission.
MPSC PSI Recruitment Result 2020
The conducting body declares the result based on the final answer key. The link to check the MPSC PSI result activates on the official website of the commission, mpsc.gov.in. For each stage of the selection procedure, the commission uploads separate result PDF. In these MPSC PSI result pdfs, roll number of the selected candidates are specified with their names.
MPSC PSI Recruitment Application Form 2020
Candidates have to send their application for Maharashtra Subordinate Services Non-gazetted Group-B recruitment online. Follow the procedure discussed below to submit the MPSC PSI application form.
How to apply?
- Candidates have to register themselves before beginning with the application process.
- During the registration, aspirants are asked to set their username and password on their own.
- Once the registration is done, use the user name and password to login and create a profile.
- Fill up all the details asked in ‘profile creation’ form and upload the images of the photo and signature.
- On click on ‘click here to apply’ and choose the post they wish to apply.
- Pay the application fee and submit the form.
MPSC PSI Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility Criteria
Read the eligibility criteria prescribed by the conducting body before filling the application form.
STI & ASO: 18 to 38 Years
PSI: 19 to 31 Years
- Degree from a recognized University or any other equivalent qualification declared by the Government.
- Candidates appearing in their final examination are eligible for the preliminary examination. But at the time of the Main Examination, they must be graduated.
- Knowledge of Marathi Language required.
- Candidates who apply for PSI post must fit into the physical standard prescribed.
Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) is a state-level PSC that is created by the constitution of India. MPSC has its headquarters at the capital city of Maharashtra, Mumbai. The commission was set up with the aim to recruitment eligible candidates for civil service jobs in Maharashtra. The eligible candidates are recruited based on their merit and rules of reservation.
Official website: mpsc.gov.in
To get more details about the MPSC PSI recruitment 2020 (05/2020), download notification.
For more details about MPSC PSI Recruitment 2019 / Duyyam Seva / Subordinate Service Check – Official Notification