Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) is a central public sector enterprise (CPSE) under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. It is located in a beautiful hilly terrain, north of Mangaluru city, in Dakshina Kannada District of Karnataka State (India). The company operates under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas and with its parent company Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), owns and operates ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals Limited (OMPL). OMPL is a petrochemical unit capable of producing 1 Million Tonnes of Para Xylene.
MRPL is a schedule ‘A’ Miniratna, Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE). Before it was purchased by ONGC, in March 2003, it was a joint venture Oil Refinery promoted by Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL). MRPL was set up in the year 1988 with an initial processing capacity of about 3.0 Million Metric tonnes per annum which was later expanded to the capacity presently at 15 Million Metric tonnes per annum.
Job Prospects at MRPL
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The company considers its employees as its assets. It operates the Refinery with the optimized manpower. Also, the company trains its employees for various subjects, as per requirement. MRPL has set up a well-developed Training center where Training initiatives are carried out.
Recruitment is conducted for various posts such as:
- Senior Engineer (Mech Planning)
- Crane Operator
- Technical Assistant-B (Mechanical)
- GM(Internal Audit/Finance)
- Deputy General Manager (HR)
Ongoing MRPL Recruitment
Candidates can check all the ongoing recruitment of MRPL from the table below:
|MRPL Recruitment through GATE|
|MRPL Recruitment through GATE – Announced!||Click Here|
Vision and Mission of MRPL
The company has a vision to be the world-class Refining and Petrochemicals Company. MRPL strongly emphasises on Productivity, Customer Satisfaction, Safety, Health and Environment Management, Corporate Social Responsibility and Care for its Employees.
Mission of MRPL
The company has set its mission and is slowly leading towards it. The MRPL has mission to be able to maintain global standards in health, safety and environmental norms with a strong commitment towards community welfare, to maintain the leadership in energy conservation, efficiency, productivity and innovation, meet the customer’s’ requirements to their satisfaction, imply highest standards of business ethics and values.
Awards and Recognition
Over the years, the company has been rewarded for its contributions and recognised by various awards.
- Export Excellence Award, 2015
- Shrada- Top Rankers Award
- Certificate of recognition of ‘Highest Ever Central Excise Duty payment’
- Niryat Shree” Gold Trophy in the Residual sector
- Won the “Export Excellence Award, 2014” in Best Exporter Award (Medium/large category) from the Federation of Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI).
- Won the Silver at “Niryat Shree Award -2014” in the residual sector of the MSME at FIEO (Federation of Indian Export Organisation)
- The company also won the first prize for outstanding performance in the area of Hindi Implementation for the year 2014-15 for fourth consecutive year by TOLIC, Mangalore.
1. Capacity Revamp of CCR2
- The existing CCR-2 unit is being modified to produce the higher quantity of Reformate, yielding the higher quantity of MS.
- The company currently operates two numbers of NHT/ CCR (Platformer Unit). Both the units are of identical capacity and licensed by M/s UOP.
- The basic objective of the unit is to upgrade the low octane heavy naphtha to High octane reformate. In MRPL the feedstock to the Platformer unit is heavy naphtha from crude distillation units and Hydrocracker units.
- The project is licensed by M/s UOP and M/s L&T, Chiyoda are appointed as EPCM consultant for the project.
- The Project is expected to be completed by end of Sep-2018.
2. Flare Gas recovery System (FGRS)
- The objective of the project is to recover gases that are lost to the flare and to utilize it as fuel, thereby saving cost. However, it also helps to reduce the Carbon footprint of the company by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- EPCM consultant for the project is M/s Mecon.
- The Project is scheduled for completion by October 2017.
3. Additional Tankages
- With the implementation of this Facility, the Operation efficiency will be improved and enhance the product portfolio.
- This Project includes construction of the following tanks:
- Naphtha storage tanks at Aromatic Terminal (OMPL)-2 no’s
- VG-40 storage tanks-2 no’s
- Inlet receiving tanks at WWTP3-2 no’s
- M/s Mecon are appointed as EPCM consultant for the project.
- The Project is scheduled for completion by November 2017.
4. Civil Projects
Other than the one mentioned above, the following projects mentioned below are at various stages of construction/ Floating of Tender/Tender Preparation:
- Construction of 124 no of Flats at MRPLTownship
- Security Compound Wall near Fire water Tanks and Phase3 Flare Area.
- Design and construction of New PFCC Catalyst Shed
- Hazardous Waste Storage Shed
- PPU ware house loading shed
- Construction of Additional office space at 2nd floor of Administrative Building
- Construction of operators Cabins at DCU, PFCC & CPP-3 and Rest Shelter with Toilet facilities at PPU Ware House
- Construction of DM plant Neutralization Pit
- PP petcoke evacuation road