Kerala Judicial Service Exam 2020 – The High Court of Kerala has extended the last date for closure of step 1 and step 2 process of application Kerala Munsiff Magistrate till August 04, 2020. However, candidates can pay the fee through offline mode between August 06 to 14, 2020. The application process for Kerala Judicial Service has started from July 02, 2020, onwards. Candidates must visit the official website of the conducting body to apply for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate, hckrecruitment.nic.in. Those who have a degree in Law from a college recognized by Bar Council of India are eligible for the post. Read on to know information related to Kerala Judicial Service Exam 2020.
Latest: The last date for closure of the application process for the Kerala Judicial Service Exam 2020 is August 04, 2020. Apply now!
Kerala Judicial Service Exam 2020
Refer to the table below to know the important dates related to the Kerala Judicial Service examination 2020.
|Date of commencement of Step 1 and Step 2 of application process||02 Jul 2020|
|Last date for Step 1|
|Last date for Step 2 and submission of the application fee|
|Date of commencement to pay the fee through offline mode|
|Last date to submit fee through offline mode|
|Release of Admit Card||03 weeks before the exam date|
|Kerala Judicial Service Exam Date||To be announced|
Kerala Judicial Service Notification 2020
The official notification for Kerala Judicial Service exam is out. Candidates can download the notification by clicking on the image below.
Kerala Judicial Service Vacancy 2020
High Court of kerala has released the vacancies for direct and transfer recruitment. Candidates can refer to the image below to know more
Kerala Judicial Service Eligibility Criteria 2020
While apply for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate recruitment, candidates should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. As the recruitment to the announced vacancies is done through transfer and direct recruitment, candidates must refer to the eligibility criteria for both the mode of recruitment below.
- A candidate should be a citizen of India to be eligible to apply for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate recruitment.
- They must hold Law degree recognized by the Bar Council of India to get enrolled as an Advocate.
- The eligible aspirant must be of good character and sound health.
- Candidates should not exceed the upper age limit of 35 years of age as on January 01, 2020.
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 05 years for Scheduled Caste candidates.
An in-service candidate is eligible for the announced posts only if he/she has a law degree. A person is declared qualified if he/she is holding/held any of the posts stated below-
- Assistant Public Prosecutor Grade I & II
- Under Secretaries, Section Officers and Librarian in the Advocate General’s Office.
- Section Officers and Librarian in the Law Department, Government Secretariat.
- Assistant Registrars and other officers of the High Court in the same salary of Assistant Registrar, Accountant, Section Officers, Personal Assistant or Additional Personal Assistant to the Chief Justice, Librarian, Reference Librarian, Court Officers, Accountant, Filling Scrutiny Officers, Head Translator, Private Secretary to Judges including Higher Grade, and Personal Assistant (Selection Grade) to Judge in the High Court of Kerala.
- Sheristadars of District Courts, Special Courts, Additional District Courts, the Office of the Motor Accidents Family Court and Wakf Tribunals and Sub Courts, Claims Tribunals, the Office of the State Transport Appellate Tribunal, Senior Superintendents of the District Courts and Additional District Courts and Selection Grade Confidential Assistants in the Subordinate Civil Courts.
- Sheristadars of Chief Judicial Magistrate’s Courts and Selection Grade Confidential Assistants in the Subordinate Criminal Courts.
- Full-time Assistant Professors of Government law Colleges.
- Principal Counsellors of Family Courts in the state of Kerala
Age Limit: A candidate shall not have completed 54 Years of age.
Kerala Judicial Service Application Form 2020
The application process for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate 2020 is conducted in two steps- Step-I & Step 2. A candidate’s online application form was considered as completed only if he/she completes both the steps. Candidates must have a valid mobile number and valid E-mail ID for the registration process. Before applying, keep the images of the photograph and the signature ready.
Application fee: Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode or offline mode.
|Category of Applicant||Fees Amount|
|SC/ST/Unemployed Differently Abled||Nil|
|All Others (For regular and NCA vacancies)||Rs. 1000/-|
Guidelines for Photograph and Signature:
|Size should be between 20 and 40 KB.|
Dimensions should be 200 pixels height & 150 pixels width.
|Size should be between 10 and 20 KB.|
Dimensions should be 100 pixels height & 150 pixels width.
Kerala Judicial Service Exam Pattern 2020
The direct recruitment examination refers to the commencement of the competitive examination. Candidates have to appear for the prelims and mains examination for which the scheme of examination is provided below.
Kerala Judicial Service Prelims Exam
- Type of questions – Objective type
- Number of paper: One paper
- Number of questions – 100 questions
- Maximum Marks- 200 marks
- Duration of examination: 02 hours and 30 minutes
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 02 marks.
Kerala Judicial Service Mains Exam
- The minas examination consists of a written examination and interview round.
- The Mains (Written) exam consists of 04 papers.
- Each paper carries 100 marks at a total of 400 marks.
- Each paper is conducted for 03 hours duration.
Kerala Judicial Service Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for the prelims and mains written examination out along with the notification. Refer to the Kerala Munsiff Magistrate Syllabus below.
- Part A
- Code of Civil Procedure, Negotiable Instrument Act, Indian Contract Act, Specific Relief Act, Transfer of Property Act, Kerala Building (Lease and Rent Control) Act.
- Part B
- Indian Penal Code, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Evidence Act
- Part C
- Constitution of India, Reasoning and Mental Ability, Legal GK
Mains (Written) Syllabus
Kerala Judicial Service Admit Card 2020
The admit card for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate releases at least 03 weeks before the commencement of the examination. Kerala Judicial Service admit card can be downloaded from hckrecruitment.nic.in. Candidates have to login to their profile to download their call letters for prelims and mains written and interview examination. The information related to the release of the admit card is conveyed to candidates through peer releases on the website and SMS/E-mail to the registered contact details. Also, candidates should regularly visit the official website at least once in two weeks before the exam to know recent updates for the recruitment.
Kerala Judicial Service Exam 2020 – Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates for the post of Munsiff Magistrate is done through direct recruitment and transfer. Under transfer recruitment, candidates have to fulfil the eligibility norms. In this section, we have discussed the selection procedure for Judicial Service through direct recruitment. So, the direct recruitment mode majorly consists of Prelims Exam and Mains Exam.
- Prelims Exam – The prelims examination is a screening test. This stage is conducted to shortlist the eligible candidates for the mains exam.
- Mains Exam – As we have already mentioned that the mains examination consists of mains written examination and interview round.
- Written exam – Based on the marks secured in the mains written exam, candidates are shortlisted for the viva voce round. The number of candidates is shortlisted for next round does not exceed three times the number of notified vacancies.
- Interview Round – The interview round is conducted for 50 marks. Candidates have to secure minimum 40% marks for general and OBC category and 35% marks for SC/ST in this round to qualify.
Kerala Judicial Service Answer Key 2020
After the commencement of the examination, the conducting body releases the answer key of the Kerala Judicial Service Exam. Candidates can download the Kerala Judicial Service answer key 2020 from hckrecruitment.nic.in. The answer key for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate releases in PDf format. Also, complaints against the provisional answer key are invited through the offline process only along with the valid proof. Candidates have to make are that they submit the objections at least 07 days from the date of publication of the answer key.
Kerala Judicial Service Recruitment Result 2020
Hugh Court of Kerala releases the result for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate through the official website hckrecruitment.nic.in. The final result is declared based on the marks that a candidate secure in mains written exam and interview round. The newly selected candidates are on probation for a period of 02 years within a continuous period of 03 years. Every candidate that is appointed has to pass an Accountant Test for Executive Officers or Account Test (Lower).
High Court of Kerala
The High Court of Kerala is the highest court of the state of Kerala and in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, India. This court has a sanctioned strength of 27 permanent judges which also includes Chief Justice and 20 Additional Judges. The High Court of Kerala was set up on November 01, 1956, that is 63 years ago. The state high court has its locations in Kochi, Kerala. Currently, S. Manikumar is serving as the Chief Justice of Kerala High Court.
Official Website: hckrecruitment.nic.in
To know more details about Kerala Judicial Service 2020, download notification.
- Click here to check the Kerala Judicial Service Answer Key 2018.
Kerala Judicial Service Exam 2020 FAQs
Q1. What is the eligibility criteria for Kerala Judicial Service Exam?
Ans 1. Candidates who have degree in law from recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate recruitment.
Q2. Can I pay the application fee through challan?
Ans 2. Yes. Candidates can pay the application fee through offline mode that is challan.
Q3. What is the selection procedure for Kerala Munsiff Magistrate recruitment?
Ans 3. The recruitment to the said post is done through direct recruitment and transfer mode. The direct recruitment involves the prelims exam and mains examination. The final result is declared based on the mains exam (written + interview) only.