NIELIT Scientist A & B Recruitment 2017 – National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT). An Autonomous Scientific Society of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has published a notification for the recruitment of the Scientist-‘B’ and Scientific/Technical Assistant ‘A’ in National Informatics Centre (NIC). Interested candidates can check all the information related to NIELIT Scientist B Recruitment 2017 on this page like application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, etc.
NIELIT Scientist A and B Recruitment 2017
Interested candidates can apply online as per the given schedule. Candidates applying for NIELIT Scientist ‘B’ and Scientific/Technical Assistant ‘A’ Recruitment 2017 are advised to check the eligibility criteria at least once which is given on the official website or on this page.
Important Events for NIELIT Scientist A and B Recruitment 2017 is given below:
|Last date to apply||22 Sep 2017|
|Availability of admit card||02 Dec 2017|
|Date of exam||17 Dec 2017
Scientist B – 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Scientific/Technical Assistant-A – 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
|Written Exam Result||20 Feb 2018|
Total No of Vacancies: 81+259
Post Name :
- Scientist-‘B’ – Group A – 81
- Scientific /Technical Assistant ‘A’ – Group B – 259
The no. of vacancies indicated above are tentative and may increase or decrease, depending upon requirements of the respective organizations.
Pay Scale :
- Scientist-‘B’ – Level – 10 , (Rs. 56100 – 177500)
- Scientific /Technical Assistant ‘A’ – Level – 6 , (Rs.35400- 112400)
- BE/ B.Tech./M.Sc./MS/MCA in various fields
Age Limit: Not more than 30 Years as on Last Date for submission of online application
Selection Process: Written Examination + Interview (No interview will be held for Scientific/Technical Assistant ‘A’ post)
- General and all others – Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates – Nil
How to Apply
- First, candidates have to fill the application form before the last date of the submission of the application form.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature
- Candidates have to pay the application fee
NIELIT Application Form 2017
The application form is available on the official website of the NIELIT. Interested candidates can apply online from the official website. Candidates can also use the direct link, which is mentioned on this page to fill the form.
Application Process is over now.
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying which is given below on this page. Candidates are also advised to fill the application form before the last date of the submission of the application form.
Application Fee: The applicant shall pay the Application Fee at the rates indicated in the below through online payment mode via application software only :
- General and all others – Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates – Nil
The processing charges towards remittance of Application Fee and service tax, if any, will have to be borne by the candidate. Fee through any other mode like Demand Draft, Pay Order, Cheque or Challan will not be accepted.
- BE/ B.Tech. in Computer Science or Computer Engg OR
- BE/ B.Tech. in Information Technology OR
- BE/ B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication OR
- BE/ B.Tech. in Electronics & Telecommunication OR
- M.Sc. (Physics) with one year of relevant experience OR
- M. Sc. (Electronics /Applied Electronics) with one year of relevant experience
Scientific /Technical Assistant ‘A’
M.Sc./MS/MCA/B.E/B.Tech in any one or in a combination of below-mentioned fields:
Field (Single/Combination) : Physics, Electronics, Applied Electronics, Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Electronics and Telecommunications, Computer and networking security, Software System, Information Technology, Management, Informatics, Computer Management, Bio-informatics, Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System(GIS), Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computational linguistics, Information Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Design
- Not more than 30 Years as on Last Date for submission of online application
- The upper age limit in respect of SC, ST, OBC, Persons with Disabilities and other special categories of persons shall be relaxable as per Govt. Rules and orders issued from time to time.
- The upper age limit in respect of Government Servants, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons are relaxable in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government, from time to time, in this regard.
- Age relaxation:
- Upto 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates for the posts reserved for them
- Upto 03 years in case of OBC(Non Creamy Layer (NCL)) candidates for the posts reserved for them
- Upto 10 years for PWD (15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBC candidates).
- For ex-servicemen, as per rules
- 5 years for serving Central Civilian Govt. employees working in posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient
discharge of the duties of the advertised posts. Decision in this regard will rest with NIC.
Choice of Centre for Written Examinations and Interview
Candidates shall indicate their choice for Centre for Written Examination from the cities listed below. No change of Centre will be permissible at a later date. NIELIT, however, reserves the right to direct the candidate to appear for Written Test at any location irrespective of his indicated choice depending upon the number of applications received and the administrative convenience.
1) Agartala 2) Ahmedabad 3) Aizwal 4) Bhopal 5) Bangalore 6) Chandigarh 7) Chennai 8) Dehradun 9) Delhi 10) Gangtok 11 ) Guwahati 12) Hyderabad 13) Imphal 14) Jammu 15) Jaipur 16) Kohima 17) Kolkata 18) Lucknow 19) Mumbai 20) Naharlagun 21) Patna 22) Port Blair 23) Raipur 24) Ranchi 25) Thiruvananthapuram 26) Shillong
Interviews shall be conducted only at Delhi
- The Written Examination shall be Objective type and OMR based.
- There will be total of 120 objective type Questions consisting of 60 questions from Computer Science and 60 questions on Generic Area. The Generic Area will comprise of Logical, Analytical Reasoning Capabilities, Quantitative and Qualitative abilities and General Awareness and Aptitude.
- Every Question will carry 1 (one) mark and there will be negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer.
- For Syllabus of Written Exam – Scientist- ‘B’ | Scientific/Technical Assistant -‘A’
- The minimum percentage to qualify the written examination will be 50% for General, 40% for OBC and 30% for the SC/ST categories.
Selection process of NIELIT Scientist Recruitment consisting of :
- Written Examination
The final selection of eligible candidates for appointment to the post of Scientist-‘B’ will be based on the combined performance of the candidates both in the written examination and in interview. The weight-age of marks for written examination and interview will be in the ratio of 85:15. It is mandatory to appear in the interview for selection
Only the shortlisted candidates for the post of Scientist B (based on merit position and reservation policy etc.), who have qualified the written examination, will be called for interview.
For the post of Scientific/Technical Assistant ‘A’ there will be no interview.
Verification of requisite documents will be done at the time of the interview for the post of Scientist-‘B’. For the post of Scientific/ Technical Assistant ‘A’ verification of documents will be done before joining.
For More Details regarding NIELIT Scientist A and B Recruitment 2017 – Download Notification