Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is recruiting Executive Trainee through GATE. The score of GATE 2018, as well as, GATE 2017 are valid for NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018. However, the candidates must have studies Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, instrumentation or Civil discipline in graduation. The official detailed notification for NPCIL Executive Trainee recruitment was available a few days before the announcement of GATE 2018 result. Check more details on NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 from this page.
- Interviews for the post of Executive Trainee 2018 are scheduled from 02.07.2018 to 06.07.2018 at CETTM, MTNL, Powai, Mumbai.
- The List of selected candidates or cutoff marks has been released, check it from the link given below.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The official notification for NPCIL Recruitment through GATE is displayed below. As the detailed notice released, we have updated it on this page.
Important Dates for NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The candidates may have a look at the table below to know all the important dates for GATE and NPCIL recruitment through GATE.
|Important Dates for GATE 2018|
|Availability of online application form||01 Sep 2017|
|Last date for submitting online application||05 Oct 2017|
|GATE 2018 exam date||03, 04, 10 and 11 Feb 2018|
|Result declared on||17 Mar 2018|
|Important Dates for NPCIL Recruitment 2018|
|Application Form Starts||04 Apr 2018|
|Application Form Ends||18 Apr 2018|
- Check Result cum Cutoff: Click here to check the cutoff list or list of shortlisted candidates.
- Result for shortlisting for interview: Click here to check the list.
|Related Links – For GATE 2018|
|GATE 2018||Click Here|
|GATE 2018 Application Form||Click Here|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card||Click Here|
NPCIL Application Process
All the eligible candidates who will qualify GATE 2017 and 2018 were able to apply from the official website by submitting their GATE registration Number until April 18, 2018. The link to apply had also been provided on this page and the candidates had to submit their personal, educational, and communication details in the form.
Application Form: The Application process if over now.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2018 Selection Process
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of GATE 2017 and GATE 2018 scores. The shortlisted candidates might also have to go through a Personal Interview round. The details selection criteria will be announced soon by the PSU.
- The selection process will comprise of the following:
- Shortlisting of candidates for personal interview for the posts of Executive Trainee 2018 will be done by applying ratio of 1:8 and in the order of merit drawn on the basis of valid GATE 2017 and GATE 2018 Scores.
- Candidates obtaining valid GATE 2017/GATE 2018 scores shall only be eligible. The score is valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the respective discipline in GATE 2017/GATE 2018. Please note that only GATE 2017/GATE 2018 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in NPCIL under this advertisement. GATE score of 2016 or of previous GATE examination shall not be entertained.
- Equal weightage will be given to GATE 2017 or GATE 2018 Scores.
- ‘Persons with Benchmark Disabilities’ (PwBDs), will be shortlisted for interview by applying the least cut off amongst all reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC). Thus, PwBDs having GATE score equal to least of the cut offs may get shortlisted for interview irrespective of their category (UR/SC/ST/OBC). Number of PwBDs shortlisted with this method shall be over and above the number of candidates shortlisted by applying 1:8 ratio.
- Discipline and category wise cut off shall be displayed on recruitment web portal of NPCIL. Result of shortlisting for interview shall be made available to candidates under ‘Application Status’ link through individual login on www.npcilcareers.co.in.
- Intimation on interview timing/venue shall be communicated to shortlisted candidates through Email/ SMS. Call letter for appearing for interview will be made available for shortlisted candidates in the website for downloading.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for interview as detailed above. Final selection will be done solely on the basis of performance in the Personal Interview. No weightage will be given to GATE Score during the final selection. The qualifying marks for interview are as follows: UR-70 %, SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwBD-60 %
- Final merit list will be prepared based on marks secured in the interview and will be limited to number of vacancies notified.
- In case of candidates with equal interview marks, credit will be given for the GATE 2017/GATE 2018 Score. Wherever both interview marks, as well as GATE Scores, are equal, credit will be given to seniority in date of birth. Therefore, candidates scoring marks equal to cut off marks for interview, may not get selected owing to other candidates scoring same interview marks getting empanelled due to higher
GATE 2017 or GATE 2018 Score, as the case may be or seniority in date of birth.
- Result of the interview shall be made available to the candidates through individual login on recruitment website of NPCIL www.npcilcareers.co.in.
- Outstation applicants attending interview will be paid to and fro Second Class Sleeper train fare by shortest route from the Railway Station nearest to the correspondence address indicated in the online application plus the reservation charges, Superfast Express charges etc or actual fare, whichever is less on production of original tickets/boarding passes. For any other mode of travel, the reimbursement will be restricted to the extent of Second Class Sleeper rail fare by shortest route or actual fare, whichever is less on production of original tickets/boarding passes. The amount towards reimbursement of TA will be remitted to the bank account of the candidates electronically. No cash payment shall be made. Accordingly, candidates called for interview will be required to submit their bank account details in the prescribed format as provided.
i) Verification of Original Documents at the time of interview:
The following original documents will be verified at the time of interview. Non production of original documents will debar the candidate from appearing for the interview and no travelling charges will be reimbursed to such candidates.
a. Date of Birth (DoB) proof:
(i) Xth Standard Passing Certificate indicating Date of Birth
(ii) School Leaving Certificate
(i) Mark sheets indicating date of declaration of result.
(ii) Final Degree Certificate
(iii) Provisional passing Certificate (in case Final Degree Certificate is not issued).
(iv) Applicants, who have been awarded CGPA/GPA/SGPA or letter grades, should follow the conversion table of the Institute/College/University from wherever they have passed. Applicants called for interview will be required to produce the authenticated conversion table from the Institute/College/ University. If not, standard formula provided by AICTE will be applied to derive the percentage of marks.
(v) GATE 2017/GATE 2018 Admit Card and GATE 2017/GATE 2018 Scores Card.
c. Applicants working in Central/State Government/PSUs/Aided Institutions should bring “No Objection Certificate” from the organisation.
d. In case of PwBD candidates, Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority as per the Act.
e. Caste Certificates:
(i)SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates must produce caste certificates, as per the format prescribed by the Government of India.
(ii) The OBC applicants have to indicate their status as “Creamy Layer” or “Non-Creamy Layer” as the case may be while filling online application. The applicants who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled to relaxations & concessions admissible to OBC Category (Non-Creamy Layer). The OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants are required to submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a competent authority issued after 01.04.2017. Further, OBC applicants, if called for interview will have to give an undertaking indicating that they belong to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Category at the time of reporting for an interview.
(iii) If the SC/ST/OBC/PwBD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, then the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same in either English or
ii) Language for Personal Interview: Candidates appearing for interview will have a choice of answering the questions either in Hindi or English.
iii) Medical Fitness: The appointment of the selected candidate as Executive Trainee will be subject to she/he being found Medically Fit by the Authorised Medical Officer of NPCIL.
iv) Offer of Appointment: Candidates finally selected for the post applied for will be offered traineeship as per the Policy of the Corporation in vogue. On successful completion of training, the selected candidates will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C. They will be on probation for a period of one year and shall be confirmed in the post on successful completion of the probationary period.
GATE Paper Code for Respective Disciplines
|Electronics and Communication||EC|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||ICE|
One of the premier Public Sector Undertaking organisation “Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)” is responsible for operating the Nuclear Power Plants in different parts of the country. The organisation will be inviting the online applications from the eligible students for the post of Executive Trainees in all the disciplines of engineering through GATE 2018.