NPCIL Executive Trainee (ET) Recruitment through GATE 2020: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) has released an advertisement, with advt. no NPCIL/HRM/ET/2020/01 for Executive Trainee recruitment. The selection against 200 advertised vacancies of ET is going to be made on the basis of GATE Scores of 2020/2019/2018 and personal interview. Online applications can be submitted March 24, 2020 onwards through npcilcareers.co.in. The selected candidates have to undergo a 1-year training before final placement to the post of Group “A” Scientific Officer/C. Check complete details regarding NPCIL Executive Trainee (ET) Recruitment 2020 through GATE from this page.
NPCIL Executive Trainee (ET) Recruitment 2020 through GATE
Applications are being invited to fill posts against 188 current vacancies and 12 backlog vacancies. The applicants must make read all the instructions carefully before applying. Check the schedule table below for all important dates regarding NPCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020 through GATE.
|Online Applications commence||24 Mar 2020 (10 AM onwards)|
|Application Fee Payment commences||24 Mar 2020|
|Last date to apply online||02 Apr 2020 (till 5 PM)|
|Last date to pay application fee||02 Apr 2020|
|Shortlist declaration for Interview||to be announced|
|Interview||4th week of Apr 2020|
Vacancies for NPCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020
A total of 200 vacancies have been advertised by NPCIL. Check Discipline-wise vacancies from the table given below.
|Industrial and Fire Safety||05|
Application Form for NPCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020
The application form is available online on the website of NPCIL. Applications sent through any other mode are not entertained. Also, there is no need to send a hard copy of the application form to the NPCIL.
Apply Online: Application form, once out, can be submitted on npcilcareers.co.in.
How to Apply?
The application process can be broken down into following 4 stages/parts.
- Registration– It is mandatory to register first before filling the application form. Applicants need to provide following information while registering: Registration Number of GATE 2020 / GATE 2019 / GATE 2018, Name, DOB, Email Id etc.
- Activation- After registration, an activation link is sent to the email id of the candidate. The candidate has to click on the activation link to proceed further.
- Fill Details and Submit Application- Here, candidates have to provide educational, personal, work-related information and choose a centre for interview. Also, scanned copies of photograph and signature must be uploaded.
- Pay Application Fee- Finally, one has to pay the application fee amount using “State Bank Collect” link. The candidate must print the application form after successful payment of application fee for NPCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020.
Application Fee: Only male candidates from General, EWS, OBC have to pay application fee of Rs 500. All others are exempted from payment of application fee.
Eligibility Criteria for NPCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020 through GATE
All the candidates must establish their eligibility for the recruitment before applying. Check important aspects related to NPCIL Recruitment 2020 below.
Nationality- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
Age Limit- Minimum age must be 18 years. However, upper age limit differs for various categories. Check the table provided here concerning upper age limit.
|Dependents of people died in 1984 riots||31|
|Ex-servicemen, Commissioned Officers||31|
- Candidates must have either of the following degrees in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks: BE/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech.
- A valid GATE 2020 / GATE 2019 / GATE 2018 is required in the same discipline as that in the qualifying degree (except Industrial and Fire Safety)
- For Industrial and Fire Safety discipline, valid GATE score is required in Chemical/Mechanical discipline. Check the image below to know about the engineering degree required to apply for a certain discipline.
Candidates who are appearing for final exams or are awaiting results, can also apply. Such candidates must complete their degree before November 30, 2020.
Reservation for NPCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020 through GATE
A total of 8 vacancies are to be filled from amongst the PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disability) candidates only. Check the table below to know more.
|PwBD Category||Reserved Vacancies|
|Hearing Impaired (HH)||03|
|One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL)||02|
|Multiple disabilities from identified categories||03|
Selection Procedure for NPCIL Executive Trainee Recruitment 2020 through GATE
Selection of the candidates consists of 2 phases:
Shortlisting based on GATE scores: On the basis of scores in GATE, a merit list is drawn by NPCIL. Candidates 12 times the number of vacancies are invited for Personal Interview. Candidates belonging to PwBD category are shortlisted separately in the ratio of 1:12. Candidates can check the shortlist through Candidate login.
Personal Interview: The interviews are going to be conducted in the following 4 cities:
Final selection of candidates is made on the basis of interview round only. GATE score is only used to screen candidates for the interview round. Merit list is drawn on the basis of interview marks. Note that a separate merit list is drawn for PwBD candidates.
Qualifying Marks in Interview
- General – 70%
- SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD – 60%
Tie-Breaker: There may be a tie amongst 2 or more candidates after securing equal marks in PI. In such a case, priority is given in the following order:
- Higher GATE score
- Seniority in age
Documents Required at the time of Interview
Following documents have to be carried by the shortlisted candidates in original.
- DOB Proof (Class 10 Passing Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate)
- Qualifying degree marksheets
- Degree Certificate
- Provisional Passing Certificate (if Final Certificate not issued)
- CGPA conversion table of concerned University/Institute (if applicable)
- Admit Card of GATE 2020 / GATE 2019 / GATE 2018
- Score Card of GATE 2020 / GATE 2019 / GATE 2018
- NOC for candidates working in PSUs / Central Government / State Government bodies
- Change of Name Certificate, if applicable
- Ex-servicemen Certificate, if applicable
- Caste Certificate
After getting selected as Executive Trainee in NCPIL, candidates have to undertake 1-year training at one of the following facilities:
- PHWR (Pressurised Heavy Water Reactor) Stream: 1-year induction training at one of the Nuclear Training Centres (NTCs) of NCPIL
- LWR (Light Water Reactor Stream): 1-year training at NTC situated at KKNPP site, Nagarcoil, Tamilnadu.
Candidates other than from Civil discipline have to indicate their ‘Reactor Stream’ choice in online application.
Stipend during training:
- Monthly – Rs 55,000
- One time book allowance – Rs 18,000
- Mandatory lodging and boarding
About NPCIL Executive Trainee
Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is a premier PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) organization which is responsible for operating Nuclear Power Plants in various parts of the country. Executive Trainees, after completing the training period, are appointed to the post of “Scientific Officer/C” in Group ‘A’ and are entitled to Level 10 pay in the Pay Matrix, i.e. Rs 56,100 per month. In addition to it, following allowances and benefits are also provided.
- DA (17% of Pay)
- HRA / Leased Accommodation / Housing
- Professional Update Allowance
- Performance linked incentives
- Post-retirement medical care
- Group Insurance
- Reimbursement of charges related to cable TV, mobile phone, electricity, news paper etc.
Official Website: npcilcareers.co.in