Odisha Staff Selection Commission has officially announced the Odisha Police Sub-Inspector Recruitment application through online advertisement. The commission is inviting applicants to fill in total 218 vacancies for the Posts of Sub-Inspector of Police, Assistant Jailor, Sergeant of Police and Station Officer (Fire Service) under Home Department, Government of Odisha. The application process will be online. The activation of the application will start shortly and candidates are advised to visit the official website to know the updates. Details of OSSC Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2018 application form, selection process, salary structure are given on this page.
Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2018
The OSSC has invited applicants for the Posts of Sub-Inspector of Police, Assistant Jailor, Sergeant of Police and Station Officer (Fire Service) under the Home Department, Government of Odisha. Candidates who are interested to apply for the specified posts can begin with the online application process once the commission announces it on their official website. Candidates must go through the detailed advertisement once announced on official website www.ossc.gov.in.
|Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2018|
|Commencement of Application Form||30 Jan 2018|
|End date of Application Form||28 Feb 2018|
|Admit Card||To be announced|
|Preliminary examination||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
|Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2015|
|Main Exam Admit Card||14 May 2018|
|Main Examination||19, 20 May 2018|
|Main Exam Answer Key||22 Jun 2018|
|Main Exam Result||To be announced|
Odisha Police SI 2018 Vacancies and Pay Scale
The candidate must be aware of the number of vacancies declared by the OSSC for the SI posts.
- S.I of Police – 184 NOs. (SC-30 (W-10), ST-41 (W-14), SEBC-21 (W-7), and UR-92 (W-30).
- S.I of Police (Armed) – 20 (Sc-3, ST-5, SEBC-02, and UR-10)
- Assistant Jailor – 04 Posts (SC-01, ST-01, UR-02)
- Station Officer (Fire service) – 10 Posts (SC-02, ST-02, UR-06)
- Reservation for special categories – Ex-servicemen- 06 posts and Sports Person- 02 posts
The Pay Scale of the selected candidates will be as follows-
- The appointment will be initially on the contractual basis.
- Rs 9300/- to Rs 34,800 Grade pay ( revised from time to time by the Government).
Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The commission has invited the applicants for various Sub-Inspector post and announced some eligibility criteria as well. It is suggested that candidates must go through in detail regarding the eligibility criteria before applying for the post. Given below are the Age, Education, and Physical eligibility criteria required before applying online.
- Must not be below 21 years and above 25 years of age as on January 01, 2017.
- 5 Years upper age relaxation for SC, ST, SEBC, and women.
- 5 years upper age relaxation for the period of service rendered in the armed forces in case Ex-SM.
- There is no age relaxation for In-Service Contractual employees.
- Must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Must have a graduate degree in Science or Engineering if applying for the post of Station Officer.
- The candidates who have not taken Odia as a subject in H.S.C standard must possess a requisite certificate of passing ME standard in Odia as a language subject.
- PWD candidates are not eligible to apply for the post.
- The female candidates are eligible to apply for the post of S.I of Police and Assistant Jailor.
- The male candidates are eligible to apply for the post of S.I of Police Armed and Station Officer ( Fire Service).
- Rest of the details will be available in the official advertisement by the commission.
Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2018 Application Process
The OSSC has notified in respect to the 218 posts availability for Sub-Inspector. The application process commencement will soon be notified by the commission on their official website www.ossc.gov.in. The complete application process will be done online.
Examination Fee- Rs 100/- can be transferred through the Odisha Treasury Portal (E-challan) or Treasury challan in any treasury or Sub Treasury under the Head of Account “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees”. The candidates belonging to SC or ST category are exempted from any fee.
Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2018 Admit card
Candidates will have to download the Admit card from the official website of the commission. The candidates will require the call letter on various stages of the examination. Candidates can download it by providing the application number and password as done during the registration process. It is suggested that the candidate must keep the admit card soft copy and hard copy both. The call letter will not be sent to the students individually via email or post. Call letter can only be downloaded from the official website of the OSSC www.ossc.gov.in.
Odisha Police SI Recruitment 2018 Result
Candidates can download the result from the official website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in. Odisha Police SI Examination 2018 will be conducted in Stages as mentioned below.
- Preliminary Examination
- Physical Measurement and Physical Test – No Marks, qualifying in nature.
- Main Written Examination
- Viva-Voce and Psychological Test
Final selection will be made on the basis of the combined result of all the above exams.