Rajasthan Post Office Recruitment 2017 – Department of Posts India, Rajasthan Circle has published a notification to fill up the vacant posts of Postmen and Mail Guards in the Postal Divisions and RMS Divisions of Rajasthan Postal Circle. Interested candidates can check all the information related to Rajasthan Post Office Recruitment 2017 for Postman & Mail Guard like important dates, application process, eligibility criteria, etc on this page.
Rajasthan Post Office Recruitment 2017
Interested candidates can apply online for the posts of Postmen and Mail Guards as per the given schedule. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying which is available on the official website or on this page.
|Online Application starts||27 Oct 2017|
|Last date of Online Application||27 Nov 2017|
|Last date of fee deposition||29 Nov 2017|
|Date of Aptitude Test||18 Feb 2018|
- Postman (in Postal Divisions)
- Mail Guard (in RMS Divisions)
Total No. Post: 129
- Postman (in Postal Units) – 126 posts
- Mail Guard (in RMS Units) – 3 posts
Pay Scale: Rs 21700/- in Level 3 + Admissible allowance
Educational Qualification: Matriculation from any recognized Board or University.
Age Limit: Between 18 years to 27 years. Permissible relaxation of upper age limit for other categories is as per Govt. of India orders.
Selection Process: The selection will purely on merit basis which will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Aptitude test separately for each category.
Rajasthan Post Office Exam Pattern
According to last years information, the Applicants shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test with a total 100 marks covering the following subjects/ topics. Aptitude Test will be comprising four parts [Part-A, Part-B, Part-C(i), Part-C(ii)]. The total duration of the Aptitude Test will be 2 hours (120 Minutes). There is no negative marking.
|Parts||No. of Questions||Marks|
|A – General Knowledge||25||25|
|B – Mathematics||25||25|
|C (i) – English||25||25|
|C (ii) – Regional Language||25||25|
Selection of the candidates will be based on the performance of the candidates in the written examination.
1. Minimum Qualifying Marks
The minimum Qualifying Marks to be obtained in each part of Aptitude Test:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|UR||10 marks in each part & 40 in aggregate|
|SC / ST||8 marks in each part & 33 in aggregate|
|OBC||9 marks in each part & 37 in aggregate|
The selection will purely on merit basis which will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Aptitude test separately for each category. It is further stated that if two or more candidates secure equal marks in Aptitude test and they are standing in the last position in the merit list than it is clearly stated that the candidate senior in age will be considered for selection.
2. Preparation of merit list
A common merit list for the whole Rajasthan Postal Circle shall be prepared in respect of all categories of post put together. For the said purpose candidates shall indicate their preferences of the Post (Postman or Mail Guard) and also indicate 10 preferences of Divisions for Postman and 2 preferences for Mail Guard, while applying online. Thereafter the candidates will be allotted to the posts and the divisions as per their preference based on their position in the merit list and availability of vacancies.
Such candidate, who is not able to get the allocation in any of the Division as per preference because of his/her performance, such candidates might be allocated to the division, where the vacancy exists. The candidates who did not give preference of division during submission of the form, it will be presumed that they have equal preference for all the divisions and may be allocated to the division where the vacancy exists at the discretion of the competent authority.
- The posts of Postman and Mail Guards are categorized under ‘General Central Service, Gr.C (Non-Gazetted Ministerial)’. The aptitude test for the post of Postman and Mail Guard will be held at the same date & time. Hence, a candidate can appear in aptitude test either for the post of Postman or the post of Mail Guard. The candidates are advised to apply for the one post only.
- The applicant should fill all required details/inputs during applying online at the appropriate place very carefully. Before submission of application form, applicants are advised to verify the correctness of data/information filled/given by him/her. Name of applicant, Father & Mother’s name etc. should also be spelled correctly in the application, as it so appears in the matriculation certificate/mark sheet. No changes will be allowed after submission of online application form.
- The applicants may note that particulars mentioned in the online application will be considered as final and no change/ alteration/ modification will be allowed/ entertained after submission of the application under any circumstances.
- The applicants are advised not to enclose/upload copies of any certificates/documents except images of his/her photograph and signature.
- The application registered by the applicant will be treated as PROVISIONAL and the selection/appointment is subject to Verification of respective Original Certificates/ Documents.
- No TA/DA is admissible to any candidate for appearing in the Aptitude Test.
- The date of examination/aptitude test will be informed to eligible candidates later on. The Department has right to cancel the recruitment process or modify the selection process with the reasons recorded in writing at any stage.
- The applicants are advised to visit the website www.doprajrecruitment.in from time to time for further information regarding date of examination, admit card, result and other information.
Postman (in Postal Divisions)
Mail Guard (in RMS Divisions)