RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2018 Final Result declared. Reserve Bank of India released a notification for 270 posts of “Security Guards” in various offices of the Bank. It invites applications from eligible ex-servicemen candidates for the post. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive Test (Online Test) followed by Physical Test. The online test conducted on December 27, 2018. After the online test, RBI also conducted the Physical Test. Furthermore, the bank also conducts biometric verification, check medical condition and documentary evidence. Candidates can get all the information like application form, important dates, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, etc related to RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2018 here in this post.
RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2018
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria regarding age, qualification, reservation (if applicable), etc could apply for the post. Candidates can check all the dates related to the events of RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2018 from the table below.
|Commencement of online registration of application||09 Nov 2018|
|Closure of registration of application||30 Nov 2018|
|Closure for editing application details||30 Nov 2018|
|Last date for printing your application||30 Nov 2018|
|Online Fee Payment||09 to 30 Nov 2018|
|Date of online exam||27 Dec 2018|
|Result of online exam||28 Jan 2019|
|Declaration of final result||27 May 2019|
RBI Security Guard Recruitment Details
- Post Name: Security Guard
- Total No. of Vacancy: 270
- Selection Process: Online Test and Physical Test
|Mumbai||6 (1)||21 (9)||15||38||80|
- Basic Pay: ₹ 10,940/- per month
- Gross emoluments: ₹ 24,052/- including House Rent Allowance @ 15 %
- Guarding Bank’s property (official/Residential), other watch and ward duties round the clock.
- Operating X-Ray machines/DFMD for checking baggage at the entrance and other allied duties which may be assigned by the Bank.
- The Security Guards will have to work in shifts, including night shifts.
The above list is only indicative, not exhaustive. The Bank reserves the right to assign any other work in case of requirement.
RBI Security Guard Eligibility Criteria
Before applying, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post. First of all, only ex-servicemen with a proper military background are eligible. Furthermore, the candidates should have experience in handling arms and ammunition in the military.
The candidate should have passed 10th Standard (S.S.C./Matriculation) from recognized State Education Board or equivalent. Ex-servicemen who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the recruitment zone either before or after leaving the military service are eligible. In addition to this,
- The candidate should be a resident of the State/UT coming under the Regional Jurisdiction of the Recruitment Office to which he is applying.
- The candidate should be an undergraduate as on November 1, 2018. Graduates and candidates possessing higher qualification are not eligible to apply.
- Although matriculate Ex-servicemen with 15 years of experience are considered as “Graduates” but they are eligible to apply.
- The qualification as claimed by the candidate must be present in Soldier’s Discharge Book and supported by necessary documents.
Bank reserves the right to call for any document in support of the residential status of the candidate.
Age Limit (as on November 1, 2018):
- Lower Age Limit: 25 years (28 years for OBC and 30 years for SC/ST)
- Upper Age Limit: 45 years ( Applicable to all categories inclusive of reserved candidates)
In case of a dispute regarding age, the date of birth as recorded in the school leaving certificate shall be final. Also, candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of Physical Test.
RBI Security Guard Application Form
RBI Security Guard Application Form was available on the official website of the RBI ‘www.rbi.org.in’. Interested eligible Indian (Ex-Servicemen only) candidates could apply online only. No other means/ mode of application is acceptable. The applicants are advised to submit only single application. However, if a candidate submits another/multiple applications, then the Bank accepts only the last completed application with higher Registration ID (RID). The candidate must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects including applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph and signature, fee, etc. Direct link to fill the application form given below.
Intimation Charges: An Non- Refundable Intimation Charges of ₹ 50/- shall be payable. Staff candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
Pre-requisites for applying online:
Before applying online, candidates should
- Photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make online payment of the requisite intimation charges
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no. which should be kept active till the completion of the recruitment process.
Guidelines for Scanning & Uploading the Photograph & Signature:
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels (4.5 x 3.5 cm)||20 to 50 kb|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||10 to 20 kb|
- The photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is of light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Call Letter and wherever necessary.
- Signature in capital letters shall not be accepted.
RBI Online Test Centres
Online test conducts in various centres of the states. The list of test centres is as follows:
There is no provision for a request to change of test centre. Also, Bank reserves the right to add/cancel any of the test venue/Centre, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
RBI Security Guard Online Test
The Bank conducts a country-wide competitive Test (Online Test). Get details in brief from below.
|Name of the Subject|
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Test of Reasoning||40||40||30|
- Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability is in bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Negative Marking: 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates have to pass with a minimum prescribed mark in each subject.
RBI Security Guard Admit Card
Reserve Bank of India issue the admit card for RBI Security Guard on the official website. It issues the call letter to those candidates who submit their form completed in all respect on or before the last date. Candidates can also able to download the RBI Security Guard Hall Ticket from this page. The Bank releases the call letter for both online as well as physical test.
RBI Security Guard Physical Test
Physical Test will be of qualifying nature.
|Sr. No||Event||Measurement as per age group|
|Age 30-40||Age 41-45|
|1||2.4 Km Run||10 Min 31 Sec to 11 Min 15 Sec||11 Min 31 Sec to 12 Min 15 Sec|
|11 Min 16 Sec to 12 Min||12 Min 16 Sec to 13 Min|
|12 to 15 Min||13 to 16 Min|
|Over 15 Min||Over 16 Min|
|2||5 Meter Shuttle in One Min||14 to 15||12 to 13|
|12 to 13||10 to 11|
|10 to 11||8 to 9|
|Below 10||Below 8|
|16 to 19||13 to 16|
|Below 15||Below 12|
|28 to 29||23 to 24|
|26 to 27||21 to 22|
|24 to 25||19 to 20|
|22 to 23||17 to 18|
|20 to 21||15 to 16|
|Below 20||Below 16|
Candidates appearing for Physical test have to produce a medical certificate from a medical officer, not below the rank of Civil Surgeon/Asst. Surgeon certifying that the candidate is medically fit to undergo a physical test. Further, the candidates also have to give an undertaking.
Biometric Data-Capturing and Verification
Biometric data (thumb impression or otherwise) and photograph of the candidates captures during Online Test and verified/recaptured subsequently during and even after the Physical Test. The Bank reserves the right to capture/recapture/verify bio-metric data multiple times. The decision of the Biometric data verification authority as regards its status (i.e. matching or not-matching) shall be final and binding upon the candidates.
Please take note of the following points:
- If fingers are coated (stamped ink/mehndi/coloured etc.), ensure to wash them thoroughly so that coating is completely removed before the exam.
- If fingers are dirty or dusty, ensure to wash them and dry them before the capturing of the fingerprint (biometric).
- Ensure that the fingers of both hands are dry. If fingers are moist, wipe each finger to dry them.
- If the primary finger (left thumb) is injured/ damaged, immediately notify the concerned authority at the test centre. In such cases impression of other fingers etc. may be captured.
Announcement of Result
Reserve Bank of India declares the RBI Security Guard Result on their official website i.e., rbi.org.in. Candidates who appear in the exam can able to check their result from the official website. First of all, RBI announces the result of Online Test. Then after the Physical Test, it also announces the result for the same. Roll Numbers of those candidates who are shortlisted for Physical Test on the basis of Online Test as well as who are selected for the post releases on the official website.
RBI Security Guard Selection Process
Selection for the post of RBI Security Guard will be through a country-wide competitive Test (Online Test) followed by Physical Test, Biometric Data-Capturing and Verification. First, candidates shortlist on the basis of marks in Online Test. Then the shortlisted candidates have to appear for a Physical test which is of qualifying in nature. From the candidates who qualify in the physical test, a merit list based on the marks scored in the online test prepared.
Furthermore, these provisionally shortlisted candidates have to successfully complete document verification, biometric verification and any other procedure as may be decided by the Bank. They also have to undergo the pre-recruitment medical test. RBI takes all these mandatory procedures for the final selection of candidate for appointment.
Official Website: rbi.org.in
For more details regarding the RBI Security Guard Recruitment 2018, download Advertisement.