The notice for Combine Graduate Level (CGL) 2017 exam has been released. Dates and Details about the exam have been announced through it. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has also disclose the exam pattern of SSC CGL 2017.
The SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 is the same as the previous year. Those of you, who are planning to the take the examination this year must check it. Knowing the SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern will provide a direction to your preparation. The detailed SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 is given in the article below.
SSC CGL 2017
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
It important to note that the exam pattern of SSC CGL 2017 is different for all the four Tiers of the exam, which are:
- Tier I
- Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
We will discuss the exam pattern of CGL 2017 one by one.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Exam Pattern
– This Tier will be a Computer Based Test, win which all the questions will be of Multiple Choice Type (MCQs).
– Candidates will have 60 minutes to solve the question paper. However, candidates VH candidates (or those suffering with Cerebral Palsy also known as CP) will get 80 minutes to solve the exam.
– Each question will be of 2 marks and negative marking of 0.5 marks will be implemented.
The table below will help in understanding the paper pattern better
|Subjects||Number of Questions
||Total Marks of Each Subject|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 Exam Pattern
– Tier II is also a Computer Based Test which will have 500 questions of 800 Marks.
– Even in this section, the VH/CP candidates and will get extra time. All the candidates will get 120 minutes to solve the paper but VH and CP suffering candidates will get 180 minutes to solve the paper.
– In this Tier, Section I, III, and IV will have questions of 2 marks each on which negative marking of 0.5 marks will be done. However, the question in Section II will be of 1 mark only and the negative marking of 0.25 marks will be done.
From the table below, candidates can check the SSC CGL exam pattern of Tier II
|Subjects||No. of MCQs||Total Marks of Each Subject|
|Paper I – Qualitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper II – Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics (For Statistical Investigator Post)||100||200|
|Paper IV – Finance & Accounts and Economics & Governance(For Assistant Audit Officer in C & AG)||100||200|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier III
– Candidates will also have to appear for a Descriptive paper in Hindi or English Language.
– Duration of the exam will be 60 minuted but for VH and candidates suffering from CP, it has been extended upto 80 minutes.
The table below help in understanding the exam pattern
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of SSC CGl Tier III||Total Marks of Exam|
|Pen and Paper / Offline||Candidates will have to
write Essays/Precis/Letter/Applications etc.
SSC CGL Tier IV Exam Pattern
This is a Skill Test, in which the typing Data Entry and Computer Proficiency Skill of the candidates will be checked.
Schedule of SSC CGL 2017
For the reference of the candidates, the dates on which SSC CGL Tier I, II, III, and IV will be held are as below:
|Tier I exam will be held on||August 1 to 20, 2017|
|Tier II||September 10 and 11, 2017|
|Tier III||January 21, 2018|
|Tier IV (Skill Test)||February 2018|
Exam Preparation Guidelines
Key to success in any entrance exam: Practice. Improve speed. Clear the concepts. Exam preparation require dedication, preservance, hard work and best guidance. The competition for SSC is stiff as lakhs of students apply for them every year. A SWOT analysis is necessary before an exam.
Preparation Strategy (Work Hard & Work Smart)
- Be selective about GK
- Practice past years’ papers
- English: Focus on one word substitution and idioms & phrases.
- Reasoning is the most scoring section.
The competition is fierce but once you practice in the right direction, the chances of your success is high. One must focus on 4 key points
- General Awareness
- English Grammar
- Reasoning Ability
General Awareness: This can be the one of the high scoring sections, if you have prepared it well. This Section has Questions and are generally asked in varied Topics Like General Science, Polity, Geography, Computers, Current Affairs etc.
As far as aptitude is concerned it requires practice. You can easily solve the questions of paper 1 ( tier- I) but for paper 2 you must have a good speed and accuracy. Try to solve previous years’ papers and see what are your weak points and accordingly practice from any standard book. Take online test series to check your performance.
English paper contains 65-70% questions on grammar only. One should start learning key concepts in grammar like subject verb agreement, active passive voices, use of preposition, direct indirect speech, etc. idioms and phrases are also asked in the paper for about 10-15 marks. Test series are also helpful for English .
The questions of reasoning are very easy and by little or no practice (depending upon your reasoning ability) one can score 95% marks in this. One can just go through the previous year’s papers to have an idea.
- The first thing one needs to do is study the whole syllabus and exam pattern of the examination. Identify the topics and sections in the syllabus which are easy and which are tough. Note down weak topics and make plans and strategies to overcome it.
- Study regularly. Divide the preparation time on daily hours’ basis Give more time to weaker areas. Plan your study time to manage a balanced preparation for all the sections and topics.
- Download previous year question papers and practice regularly.
- Read Newspaper daily.
Books recommended for SSC CGL
|Solved Papers SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre. Examination Tier-I||Buy Online|
|Kiran’s SSC CGL Question Bank 48 Solved Papers Of Previous Year Exams||Buy Online|
|40 Sets SSC Graduate Level Exams Solved Papers (SSC CGL TIER I & II,SSC CPO SI PAPER I & II)||Buy Online|
|Kiran’S SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question Bank (49 Solved Papers Of Previous Year Exams) – Hindi||Buy Online|
|30 Practice Sets SSC Combined Graduate Level Pre. Examination||Buy Online|
Some Key Points
- Effective guidance: In a cut-throat competition, how to study in effective way and what to study becomes important. For that, effective guidance is required. Continue consulting with your expert subject teachers.
- Be Assertive: Do a realistic review of where you stand and in which area improvement is required.
- Make a study plan: Map out a study plan. Budget your time realistically and take baby steps to achieve them.
- Practice Previous Years’ Papers
- Time Management: Follow a study routine and remain focused. Take small breaks in between to keep your mind fresh.
- Be positive and confident: Your mental balance and ability to withstand stress will help you in achieving your goal.
- Maintain your Health: While preparing for exams, aspirants should keep a balance between the preparation time and relaxation time. Follow healthy food habits and few exercises.