SSC CGL 2020 – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has revised the exam date of the Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier-II and Tier -III). The Tier -II exam is tentatively scheduled to take place from November 02 to 05, 2020 whereas the Tier-III exam is scheduled to be held on November 22, 2020. Earlier, SSC published the results of the CGL 2020 Tier I result on the official website. Qualified candidates of SSC CGL Tier -I exam are eligible to appear for the tier-II and tier-III examination. Get complete information related to SSC CGL 2020 including, admit card, answer key, result, and other information.
SSC CGL 2020
SSC CGL is conducted for the recruitment of candidates for Group B and Group C posts under various Government Ministries and Departments. To not miss any event for this prestigious exam, note down the important dates.
|SSC CGL 2020||Dates|
|Start Date of Application Form||22 Oct 2019|
|Last date of Application Form||25 Nov 2019|
|Release date of Admit card||21 Feb 2020|
|Exam Dates for Tire-I (CBE)||02 to 09 Mar 2020|
|Release Date of Tier I Answer Key||16 Mar -21 Mar 2020|
|Declaration of Tier -I result||01 Jul 2020|
|Exam dates for Tier-II (CBE)|
02 Nov – 05 Nov 2020
|Exam dates for Tier-III|
22 Nov 2020
|Release Date of Tier -II Result||To be Announced|
Latest Update on SSC CGL 2020
Revised Dates of SSC CGL 2020 Tier -III Exam
SSC has released the revised dates of Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier -III) 2019 . The exam is scheduled to be conducted on November 22, 2020. All the qualified candidates of tier -I exam are eligible to appear for the tier- II and tier -III examination. Check official notice below:
Revised Dates of SSC CGL 2020 Tier -II Exam
In the view of prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation, the commission has decided to revised the exam date of pending examination. The SSC CGL 2020 Tier -II exam is now tentatively scheduled to be held from November 02 -05, 2020.
SSC CGL 2020 Tier -II & Tier -III Exam Date Announced
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has announced the dates of the Combined Graduate Level Examination (Tier-II & Tier -III). The exam is now tentatively scheduled to take place between October 12 to 15, 2020 and November 01, 2020.
SSC CGL Result 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) declares the result for SSC CGL online. Candidates can check their SSC CGL result for Tier I at ssc.nic.in. The result of SSC CGL is released in the merit list format. Candidates can check SSC CGL Tier I result through the official website. After the declaration of Tier I result, selected candidates are issued admit cards for the Tier-II examination. Similarly, candidates are shortlisted for further rounds based on the marks secured by them in the examination.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2020
CGL 2020 admit card is available on the official website, ssc.nic.in. SSC releases CGL admit card for each region separately. Candidates can download the admit card with their registration number, password and date of birth. The candidate must download SSC CGL admit card and carry it to the examination centre. Along with SSC CGL hall ticket, candidates have to carry a photo ID proof. Through the CGL admit card, the following information is communicated – examination centre, complete address of the exam centre, report timings, and other important instructions. For each stage of the selection procedure, candidates have to download a separate admit card from the official website.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern – Number of Questions, Marking Scheme
As the examination for SSC CGL is here, candidates can refer to the examination pattern provided below:
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Tier 1 examination is conducted through online procedure.
- Duration of examination: Candidates are given 01 hour to complete the question paper.
- No. of Questions: There are 100 questions in the question paper.
- Type of Questions: In Tier I, multiple-choice questions are asked.
- Marking scheme:
|For correct answer||+02 marks|
|For incorrect answer||-0.5 marks|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks of Each Subject|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: An online examination is conducted for SSC CGL Tier II.
- Durations: For each paper of main examination, candidates are provided with 02 hours.
- No. of Questions: There will be 500 questions for each paper.
- Type of Questions: In Tier-II, questions are asked in multiple choice question format.
- Marking scheme:
- For paper II, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- For Paper I, III, IV there is a negative marking of 0.5 marks,
|Subjects||No. of MCQs||Total Marks of Each Subject|
|Paper I – Qualitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper II – Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics (For Statistical Investigator Post)||100||200|
|Paper IV – Finance & Accounts and |
Economics & Governance
(For Assistant Audit Officer in C & AG)
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Tier III examination is conducted as a pen-paper examination. This means that the examination is conducted as an offline examination.
- Duration: Candidates are provided with 01 hour to solve the question paper.
- Type of Questions: The questions asked in the papers are descriptive.
- Marking scheme: There is no negative marking in SSC CGL Tier III.
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of SSC CGl Tier III||Total Marks of Exam|
|Pen and Paper / Offline||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi|
Candidates will have to
write Essays/Precis/Letter/Applications etc.
Read Preparation Tips and Study Plan For CGL 2020 – Click Here
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus 2020
SSC CGL Tier I is around the corner and candidates have started their preparation as well. Refer to the SSC CGL syllabus for Tier I below:
SSC CGL Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- It includes questions based on both verbal and non -verbal reasoning.
- Similarities and differences,
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Questions are designed to test the candidates ability of numerals. Topics from which questions are asked are as follows:
- Whole number
- Distance and time
- Time and work
- Mensuration – 2D and 3 D
- Simple and Compound interest
- Number system
- Average, etc
- This section is designed to test candidate’s ability of comprehension of language, writing ability, and his/her ability to understand correct English.
- Questions of this section are asked to test candidate’s general awareness of the environment.
- Current affairs questions are also asked.
- Static general awareness topics are as follows:
- History, Geography, Polity, Economics, Indian Constitution, Biology, Physics, Chemistry.
Get the SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers (Solved) With Free Mock Tests. Download Now!
SSC CGL Exam Cut Off
The candidates who will apply for SSC CGL should obtain the minimum qualifying marks to qualify the examination. For that, they should know cut off from the previous year. Here we have shared the cut off list of last year.
SSC CGL Tier I Cut Off 2018 for Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-IV (General Studies (Finance & Accounts)
|Category||Cut off Marks|
SSC CGL Tier I Cut Off 2018 for Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III (Statistics)
|Category||Cut off Marks|
SSC CGL Tier I Cut Off 2018 for (Paper-I and Paper-II)
|Category||Cut off Marks|
Understanding The Selection Process Of SSC CGL
Check below the selection procedure for SSC CGL recruitment for 2020. It is divided into 4 tiers which are as follows:
- Tier-1: The tier-1 exam consists of 4 sections of 25 questions each. Every question is of 2 marks each and for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks are deducted from the total marks. The candidates who clear the tier-1 exam appear for the next level. Candidates are given 1 hour to attempt the question paper.
- Tier-2: The tier-2 exam consists of 4 paper of 2 hours each. The candidates have a negative marking of 1/4th of the total marks. The candidates who score marks more than or equal to the minimum marks of the cut-off qualify for the written exam.
- Written Exam: The candidates who qualify the tier-2 exam appear for the written exam. The written exam is descriptive in nature. Candidates can write the exam either in English or in the Hindi language.
- Skill Test/ Proficiency Test: The candidate who clears the written exam are called for the skill trade test. The final merit list is prepared based on the Proficiency Test as well as the exams.
What are the posts offered through SSC CGL?
Each year several candidates apply for SSC CGL. However, it is uncanny for some to comprehend what qualifying SSC CGL exam offers. In the section below we will be discussing the same with Aglasem readers.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) holds the responsibility to conduct the examination for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam. Qualifying the examination helps the candidates to land in a Group B and Group C posts under Government Departments and Ministries. Posts that are offered under SSC CGL exam are as follows
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant (MEA)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer (AEO)
- Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission)
- Assistant (AFHQ)
- Assistant (Ministry of Railway)
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau)
- Assistant Section Officer (CSS)
- Assistant (Other Ministries)
- Assistant (Other Ministries)
- Auditor C&AG
- Auditor CGDA
- Auditor CGA
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under C&AG
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under CGA & others
- Compiler (Registrar General of India)
- Central Excise Inspector (CBEC)
- Divisional Accountant (CAG)
- Inspector Examiner (CBEC)
- Inspector (Dept. of Post)
- Inspector (Narcotics)
- Income Tax Inspector (CBDT)
- Preventive Officer Inspector (CBEC)
- Senior Secretariat Assistant
- Sub Inspectors (CBI)
- Sub Inspectors (NIA)
- Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)
- Statistical Investigator
- Tax Assistant CBEC
- Tax Assistant CBDT
Service Selection Commission is an organisation under the central government of India which was organised for recruitment of personnel on various posts notified by the commission. The commission was established under the Department of Personnel and Traning and consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. It has its headquarter in New Delhi, India.
Official Website: ssc.nic.in.
|List of Rejected candidates for tier I||Click here|
|SSC CGL 2020 Official Notification||Click here|
|Notice (Closing date of application form)||Click here|
|Notice II||Click here|
|Notice III||Click here|
|Notice IV||Click here|
SSC CGL Archives
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : In total there are three tires for SSC CGL Recruitment 2019 i.e., Tier-I (CBE), Tier-II (CBE) & Tier-III (Des.).
Ans : SSC CGL 2019-2020 Tier-I examination is to be held during the month of March 2020.
Ans : Yes! If you have the valid citizenship of Bhutan you can fill the application form for SSC CGL Recruitment 2019.
Ans : 5 years is the Age-relaxation permissible for SC/ST category beyond upper age limit.