SSC CGL 2021: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has postponed the SSC CGL 2021 exam due to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases in India. The Tier I CGL 2021 exam was scheduled to be held from May 29 to June 07, 2021. SSC has notified that new dates for the exam are to be announced later. The application process ended on January 31, 2021. Candidates can get detailed information about the exam and the official notification here on this page. SSC has announced 6506 Group B & Group C vacancies to be filled up. The selection process consists of Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III exams. Read this article to get the latest updates and complete details of SSC CGL 2021 including exam date, admit card, syllabus, pattern and more.
Latest: SSC CGL 2021 Exam postponed. Check the official notice below.
SSC CGL 2021
SSC CGL is conducted for the recruitment of candidates for Group B and Group C posts under various Government Ministries and Departments. SSC CGL 2021 refers to the event of SSC CGL 2020 which is being held in the year 2021. The terms SSC CGL 2020 and SSC CGL 2021 are therefore used interchangeably on this page. Candidates can check the complete schedule of events below.
|SSC CGL Exam||2021|
|Start Date of Application Form||29 Dec 2020|
|Last date of Application Form||31 Jan 2021|
|Release date of Admit card||To be announced|
|Exam Dates for Tier-I (CBE)|
|Release Date of Tier I Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of Tier -I result||To be announced|
|Release date of Tier-II Admit card||To be announced|
|Release date of Tier-III Admit card||To be announced|
|SSC CGL 2021 Tier-II (CBE)||To be announced|
|SSC CGL 2021 Tier-III Exam Date||To be announced|
|Release Date of Tier II Answer Key||To be announced|
|Release Date of Tier -II Result||To be announced|
|Final Answer Key of Tier-II||to be announced|
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Postponed
SSC CGL 2021 Corrigendum
Click here to check corrigendum regarding SSC CGL 2021.
SSC CGL 2021 Notification
The official notification for SSC CGL 2021 releases online at the website ssc.nic.in. Candidates can get all the details on the CGL 2021 recruitment from the latest notification here. The snapshot of the first page of the notification can be checked below. Candidates are advised to scroll down to the Important Downloads section to download the complete notification.
SSC CGL 2021 Vacancy Details
As per the official notification, the Staff Selection Commission has announced 6506 vacancies in total. Candidates can check the distribution of vacancies
SSC CGL 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Staff Selection Commission lays down certain minimum conditions of eligibility for appearing in the SSC Combined Graduate Level examination. Candidates can check out the updated eligibility criteria as per the latest notification below.
Age Limit (as on January 01, 2021)
SSC lays down post-wise age limitations for candidates to adhere to. Depending on the post applied for, candidates must ensure that they are compliant as per excerpts from the official notification below.
Note: Relaxations (as per the notification of SSC CGL 2021) on the upper age limit can be availed by candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer –
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- Desirable qualification – Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
- Junior Statistical Officer –
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with minimum 60% marks in Maths at 12th class.
- OR, Bachelors degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects.
- Other Posts –
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
SSC CGL Application Form 2021
The application procedure for SSC CGL 2021 is conducted online at the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in. Eligible candidates intending to apply for SSC CGL can submit their applications by following the steps below.
- Go to the official website of SSC, ssc.nic.in.
- Then, click on the registration link present on the right side of the screen.
- Enter the details such as aadhar card number, date of birth, address, name, gender, category and others.
- On successful registration, a unique registration number and password is sent to email address.
- Use these details and login to the website.
- Now, fill the SSC CGL application form and upload the documents.
- Proceed to pay the application fee of Rs. 100/- and take a preview of the form.
SSC CGL 2021 Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission provides the complete details of the scheme and the examination pattern of the Combined Graduate Level exam in the official notification. Candidates can check out the details below.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Tier 1 examination is conducted online (Computer Based Test).
- Duration of examination: Candidates are given 01 hours to complete the question paper.
- No. of Questions: There are 100 questions in the question paper.
- Type of Questions: Only MCQ type questions are asked.
Check out the marking scheme below
|For correct answer||+02 marks|
|For incorrect answer||-0.5 marks|
Check out sections-wise distribution of marks below:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test.
- Durations: For each paper, candidates are allowed 02 hours.
- No. of Questions: There are 500 questions in total.
- Type of Questions: In Tier-II, questions are asked in multiple choice question format.
Check out the marking scheme below:
- In paper II, there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- In Paper I, III, IV there is a negative marking of 0.5 marks,
Check out section-wise distribution of marks below:
|Subject||No. of MCQs||Total Marks|
|Paper I – Qualitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper II – Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics (For Statistical Investigator Post)||100||200|
|Paper IV – Finance & Accounts and |
Economics & Governance
(For Assistant Audit Officer in C & AG)
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Tier III examination is conducted offline in the pen & paper mode
- Duration: Candidates are provided with 01 hour to solve the question paper.
- Type of Questions: Only descriptive type questions are asked.
- Marking scheme: There is no negative marking in SSC CGL Tier III.
Check out the distribution of marks below:
|Mode of Exam||Scheme of SSC CGl Tier III||Total Marks of Exam|
|Pen and Paper / Offline||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi|
Candidates will have to
write Essays/Precis/Letter/Applications etc.
Read Preparation Tips and Study Plan For CGL 2021 – Click Here
SSC CGL Syllabus 2021
Staff Selection Commission established the syllabus of the Tier-I exam on the official website. One can refer to the SSC CGL syllabus for Tier I below:
SSC CGL Syllabus
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- It includes questions based on both verbal and non -verbal reasoning.
- Similarities and differences,
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Questions are designed to test the candidates ability of numerals. Topics from which questions are asked are as follows:
- Whole number
- Distance and time
- Time and work
- Mensuration – 2D and 3 D
- Simple and Compound interest
- Number system
- Average, etc
- This section is designed to test candidate’s ability of comprehension of language, writing ability, and his/her ability to understand correct English.
- Questions of this section are asked to test candidate’s general awareness of the environment.
- Current affairs questions are also asked.
- Static general awareness topics are as follows:
- History, Geography, Polity, Economics, Indian Constitution, Biology, Physics, Chemistry.
Get the SSC CGL Previous Year Question Papers (Solved) With Free Mock Tests. Download Now
SSC CGL Admit Card 2021
Staff Selection Commission releases admit card for the Combined Graduate Level exam through the official website only i.e. ssc.nic.in. SSC releases CGL admit card for each region separately. Candidates can download the admit card with their registration number, password and date of birth.
It is mandatory to download the SSC CGL admit card and carry the printed copy to the examination centre. Along with the SSC CGL hall ticket, candidates have to carry a photo ID proof. For each stage of the selection procedure, candidates have to download a separate admit card from the official website.
The following information is indicated on the CGL 2021 aadmit card.
- Candidate’s name
- Parent’s name
- Date of Birth
- Examination centre details
- Exam date and timing details.
- Reporting time
- Important Instructions
SSC CGL Answer Key 2021
After the objective type test of the SSC CGL 2021 exam is over, Staff Selection Commission releases the official SSC CGL answer key. Candidates can get their official answer keys from ssc.nic.in using the User ID and Password. Along with the answer key, SSC also publishes the question papers and response sheet for the exam.
Candidates are allowed to challenge the provisional answer key in case they find any incorrect answer. For this, they have to make a payment of Rs. 100/- per question/answer challenged. The Commission evaluates valid objections and makes necessary revisions on the provisional answer key to generate the final answer key.
SSC CGL Result 2021
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) declares the result for SSC CGL online. Candidates can check their SSC CGL result for Tier I at ssc.nic.in. The result of SSC CGL is released in the merit list format. Candidates can check SSC CGL Tier I result through the official website. After the declaration of Tier I result, selected candidates are issued admit cards for the Tier-II examination. Similarly, candidates are shortlisted for further rounds based on the marks secured by them in the examination.
SSC CGL 2021 Cut Offs
The candidates who appear in different stages of the SSC CGL exam must obtain the minimum qualifying marks to qualify the examination. However, one must also secure a score that is equal to or more than the cut-offs determined by the Commission. The cut-offs release the result. Candidates can know cut off from the previous year exams below to get an idea.
SSC CGL Tier I Cut Off 2018 for Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-IV (General Studies (Finance & Accounts)
|Category||Cut off Marks|
SSC CGL Tier I Cut Off 2018 for Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III (Statistics)
|Category||Cut off Marks|
SSC CGL Tier I Cut Off 2018 for (Paper-I and Paper-II)
|Category||Cut off Marks|
SSC CGL 2021 Selection Process
Check below the selection procedure for SSC CGL recruitment for 2021. It is divided into 4 tiers which are as follows:
- Tier-1: The tier-1 exam consists of 4 sections of 25 questions each. Every question is 2 marks each and for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks are deducted from the total marks. The candidates who clear the tier-1 exam appear for the next level. Candidates are given 1 hour to attempt the question paper.
- Tier-2: The Tier-2 exam consists of 4 paper of 2 hours each. The candidates have a negative marking of 1/4th of the total marks. The candidates who score marks more than or equal to the minimum marks of the cut-off qualify for the written exam.
- Written Exam: The candidates who qualify for the Tier-2 exam appear for the written exam. The written exam is descriptive in nature. Candidates can write the exam either in English or in the Hindi language.
- Skill Test/ Proficiency Test: The candidate who clears the written exam are called for the skill trade test. The final merit list is prepared based on the Proficiency Test as well as the exams.
SSC CGL 2021 Post Details
Each year several candidates apply for SSC CGL. The qualifiers are recruited to fill up the various vacant positions as advertised by the Commission. Qualifying the examination helps the candidates to land in Group B and Group C posts under Government Departments and Ministries. Posts that are offered under the SSC CGL exam are as follows
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant (MEA)
- Assistant Enforcement Officer (AEO)
- Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission)
- Assistant (AFHQ)
- Assistant (Ministry of Railway)
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau)
- Assistant Section Officer (CSS)
- Assistant (Other Ministries)
- Assistant (Other Ministries)
- Auditor C&AG
- Auditor CGDA
- Auditor CGA
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under C&AG
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant Offices under CGA & others
- Compiler (Registrar General of India)
- Central Excise Inspector (CBEC)
- Divisional Accountant (CAG)
- Inspector Examiner (CBEC)
- Inspector (Dept. of Post)
- Inspector (Narcotics)
- Income Tax Inspector (CBDT)
- Preventive Officer Inspector (CBEC)
- Senior Secretariat Assistant
- Sub Inspectors (CBI)
- Sub Inspectors (NIA)
- Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)
- Statistical Investigator
- Tax Assistant CBEC
- Tax Assistant CBDT
Service Selection Commission is an organisation under the central government of India which was organised for recruitment of personnel on various posts notified by the commission. The commission was established under the Department of Personnel and Traning and consists of Chairman, two Members and a Secretary-cum-Controller of Examinations. It has its headquarter in New Delhi, India.
Official Website: ssc.nic.in.
|List of Rejected candidates for tier I||–|
|SSC CGL 2021 Official Notification||Click here|
|Corrigendum 1||Click here|
|Corrigendum 2||Click here|
SSC CGL Archives
Ans : In total there are four tiers for SSC CGL Recruitment i.e., Tier-I (CBE), Tier-II (CBE), Tier-III (Des.) and Tier IV
Ans : Yes! If you have the valid citizenship of Bhutan you can fill the application form for SSC CGL Recruitment.
Ans. The conducting body has announced total 6506 vacancies for SSC CGL.