SSC Delhi Police Constable Books 2022 – Delhi Police Constable Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission to fill the posts of constable in Delhi police. Delhi police release the posts for both males and females. The recruitment process consists of three stages in which the first stage is a computer-based test. The exam is conducted through online mode. Candidates who qualify the CBT are promoted to further stages of shortlisting. CBT qualification follows Physical Endurance & Measurement Test (PEMT). The candidates need to qualify all three stages for final selection. Follow the article to know SSC Delhi Police Constable Books 2022, how to prepare for the SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam, books to refer and strategy to follow.
SSC Delhi Police Constable Books 2022
Candidates need to qualify a minimum cut-off in Computer-based Test(CBT) in order to reach the PEMT stage. To pass the CBT candidates should prepare as per the exam pattern. The exam consists of questions from four subjects: Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Computer Knowledge, and General Knowledge. Below table consists of different books that candidates can refer to prepare for SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam:
SSC Constables (Executive) Male and Female In Delhi Police Exam Book (English, Paperback, V.V.K.Subburaj)
|SSC: Delhi Police Constable(Executive) Recruitment Exam Guide|
Delhi Police Constable Exam 2020
|Computer Knowledge||Computer Awareness – 2021 Edition – A complete book on Computer Aptitude for All Competitive exams||Click here|
|General Knowledge||Lucent’s General KnowledgeNewspaper/monthly magazines General Knowledge 2021 by ArihantMonthly Current affairs magazine||Click here|
SSC Delhi Police Constable 2022 Syllabus
The Books mentioned above can be used by the candidates to clear their basics and practice for exams. The level of SSC Delhi Police Constable exam is generally of easy level. Thus candidates need not delve into difficult questions. Below are discussed the important topics of each subject according to which candidates should prepare for the exam:
SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam Syllabus for Reasoning
- Spatial Visualization
- Visual Memory
- Similarities And Differences
- Spatial Orientation
- Arithmetical Reasoning And Figural Classification
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Coding And Decoding
- Ranking and Time sequence test
- Sequential output tracing
- Puzzle Test
- Sitting Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Number Series
SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam Syllabus for Numerical Ability
- Number Systems
- Decimals and Fractions
- Fundamental Arithmetical operations
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Time and Work
- Problem on Ages
- Pipe and cisterns
- Time and Distance
SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam Syllabus for Computer Knowledge
- Word Processing Basics
- Text Creation
- Formatting the Text
- Opening, and Closing Documents
- Elements of SpreadSheet
- Editing of Cells, Function, and Formulas
- Basics of Email, Sending/ receiving of Emails and its related functions
- Web Browsers
- Services on Internet
- Search Engines
- Video Conferencing
- Services on Internet
SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam Syllabus for General Knowledge/Current Affairs
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- International Relations
- Indian Security
- Indian Constitution
- Famous Personalities
- Famous places
- Days and Years
- World Organisations
Click here for detailed Syllabus.
SSC Delhi Police Constable Exam Pattern
The first stage of the selection process is a computer-based exam which checks the general aptitude capability of candidates in different subjects-Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Computer Knowledge and general General Knowledge. It is a 90 minutes test consisting of a total of 100 questions. Below table shows the number of questions for different subjects:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
SSC Delhi Police Constable Preparation Tips
Candidates need to prepare their strategy for the exam as per the exam pattern. Few tips for each subject are given for candidates to utilize their preparation to get the best result in CBT:
- This subject has 1/4th of weightage hence it must be given preference and time.
- Regular practice of reasoning questions improves the speed of question solving.
- Candidates need to focus on the questions which are designed to check the reasoning and quick mental ability of the candidates.
- Puzzles, coding-decoding, and visual reasoning questions are important for the candidates.
This paper will include questions on problems relating to Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers,, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work.
- Keep the basic clear and make your foundation strong
- Practicing as much questions as you can will improve your speed and accuracy
- Shortcut calculation will be helpful since time provided is very limited
- Take mock tests to improve your speed
- Learn the basic computer knowledge from the books till the class 10th to get the basic knowledge of computer
- Computer Organization, Generations of computer, Input & Output Device, Shortcuts are some basic topics which candidates should be thorough with.
- Basic commands of computer programmes like MS word, MS Excel, MS power point are asked in the exam so the candidates should have knowledge about them.
- Basic knowledge related to Internet, LAN, WAN, Modem, Computer Abbreviations, Modern day Technology are also asked which can be easily learned through online resources.
Candidates need To pay more attention to this section as this has more weightage.
Questions are designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness and to their knowledge of current events and matters of everyday observation.
- Reading newspaper improve knowledge skills
- Watching news channels is very helpful for this section.
- For general knowledge candidates can refer to the NCERT books examples for history, geography, basic science etc.
- Monthly current affairs magazines can help candidates to remain up to date and revise the current affairs.
Following the above subject wise strategy candidates need to follow these general tips to make their preparation effective:
- Set the time limit to solve a certain number of questions to increase your speed.
- Accuracy comes through practice so practice as much as you can.
- Go through previous year question papers to get the idea about what kind of questions are asked, what is difficulty level, which topic is given more weightage etc
- Previous year question papers are very useful to strategize the preparation as per the need of the exam.
- Solving mocks gives the candidates an edge by improving their accuracy and also gives them in-centre exam solving experience.
About SSC Delhi Police Constable
Delhi Police Constable is conducted by SSC since 2016 while initially it was conducted by SSC. The exam is conducted every year by SSC now to recruit for Delhi Police Constable post. Delhi police release a number of vacancies which are filled nationwide through online examination. Candidates have to qualify the two stages of recruitment-computer based test and physical test. Those who are willing to join the government job in Delhi Police and having a qualification upto 12th standard can apply for the post.
|Post Name||Delhi Police Constable|
|No. of vacancies||5000+ (approx))|
|Conducting body||Staff Selection Committee|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Ans: Answer: Candidates can refer to online resources along with basic computer books upto standard 10th
Ans: General knowledge by Lucent and monthly current affairs magazines will cover most of the topics for the General Knowledge section.