SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021: Staff Selection Commission releases the syllabus for SSC GD Constable exam at ssc.nic.in. After applying for the recruitment, candidates must focus on the next stage i.e. the Computer Based Test. Candidates can start preparing for the exam with the release of the SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021. One must candidates have a solid strategy built on the knowledge of the detailed syllabus to excel in the exam. We have provided the SSC GD Constable syllabus 2021 here along with some preparation tips, exam patterns, and suggestions of important books. Read on to find out more.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Syllabus
With the help of the SSC GD Constable syllabus, candidates can know all the important topics and subjects to study. I addition, one can also get an understanding of the weightage of each section/topic/subject. Check the detailed exam pattern and SSC GD Constable syllabus 2021 below.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021
SSC GD constable syllabus 2021 as indicated by the commission on the official website is given below. Candidates must consider the syllabus given below at all times to prepare for the SSC GD Constable 2021 exam in an informed and focused manner. Know about the topics included in each of the four subjects of the CBE below.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Coding and decoding, non-verbal series, arithmetic number series, arithmetical reasoning, figural classification, relationship concepts, observation, discrimination, visual memory, spatial observation, spatial visualization, similarities, and differences, etc.
General knowledge and general awareness
This section aims to test the knowledge about the general awareness and things happening around the candidate.
Current affairs, history, geography, political science, economics, culture, sports, games, environment, India and its neighboring countries, general polity, Indian constitution, scientific research, etc. There is no fixed syllabus for this section.
Time and work, time and distance, ratio and proportion, averages, profit and loss, mensuration, ratio and time, interest – simple and compound, number system, decimal and fractions, fundamental arithmetic operations, relationship between numbers, number system, computation of while number, percentages, discount, etc.
Questions of these sections are of matriculation level. English or Hindi language questions are asked to check the comprehension power of the candidate. Whether a candidate is able to understand basic English/Hindi language is tested from this section.
Exam Pattern Of SSC GD Constable 2021
Check the exam pattern for the SSC GD Constable exam pattern for the Computer Based Exam (CBE) below. Pay heed to the marking scheme, total marks, and duration of the exam.
- Mode of examination: SSC GD Constable 2021 will be conducted in online mode i.e Computer-based Test.
- Type of question: Questions will be asked as multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Duration of examination: Computer-based test (CBT) will be conducted for 90 minutes.
- Total Marks: Question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Total Questions: A total of 100 questions will be asked in SSC GD Constable.
Check out the detailed marking criteria for the CBE
Correct Answer: 01 Marks
Incorrect Answer: 00 Marks
Check out section-wise distribution of marks below
|Subject||Number of question||Maximum marks|
|General intelligence and reasoning||25||25|
|General knowledge and general awareness||25||25|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Preparation Tips
Here are some useful preparation tips which you can follow for SSC GD constable 2021. Although these are non-exhaustive and candidates can adopt study and learning strategies as per their needs and resources, following these fundamentals can help prepare for the exam in a more organised and systematic manner.
- Make a time table/study plan and stick to it.
- Practice previous year question papers and mock tests for proper preparation.
- As CBE is conducted online, it is important for you to manage the time. Solve mock tests to improve time management skills
- Along with time management, you need to focus on accuracy to improve the number of good attempts.
- Start reading newspapers and note down some important events.
- As the written examination is of matriculate level, you can refer to NCERT textbooks for preparation.
- Start studying smart. Studying smart means cutting down topics which according to you is not very important.
- Your focus should not only on the CBE but stage II and stage III. Medical fitness and physical standard are important.
- Decide on what book/notes you will study from at first and acquire them beforehand. Do not refer to many books as it will waste time.
Suggested Books For SSC GD Constable 2021
You can refer or consider these books to prepare for SSC GD Constable 2021.
|Books Title||Buy here|
|Lucent General knowledge book||Click here to buy.|
|A modern approach to verbal and non-verbal reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal||Click here to buy.|
|Neetu Singh English – Volume 1||Click here to buy.|
|Neetu Singh English – Volume 2||Click here to buy.|
|SSC mathematics chapter wise questions with detailed solutions||Click here to buy.|
|SSC Kiran previous year question papers||Click here to buy.|
About SSC GD Constable
Staff Selection Commission, SSC, conducts examination for GD Constable each year for NIA & SSF, CAPFs, and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles. Both male and female candidates can apply for SSC MTS 2021. Whole procedure – application form, downloading admit card, answer key, result- is conducted online. Candidates who wish to avail of reservation have to provide valid certificates. Matriculation or 10th standard certificate is important for a candidate to be eligible for SSC GD Constable. The selection for SSC GD constable is done in three stages. First stage is a written examination which is conducted online. The second stage is physical efficiency test and physical standard which a candidate needs to qualify. Third is medical examination. Candidate has to qualify all three stages for final selection.