Staff Selection Commission conducts recruitment for the post of Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2016. SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016 shall be done on the basis of PST, PET, Written examination, and medical examination. The CAPF shall conduct Physical Standards Test (PST) / Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Medical Examination, as scheduled by organizing CAPF that is CRPF. Written examination is conducted by Staff Selection Commission.
Get here complete details of SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016.
|SSC GD Advertisement||Click Here|
|SSC GD Application Form||Click Here|
|SSC GD Admit Card||Click Here|
|SSC GD Question Paper & Answer Key||Click Here|
|SSC GD Result||Click Here|
|SSC GD Cut Off||Click Here|
|SSC GD Exam Preparation||Click Here|
SSC GD Constable Recruitment Highlights
- Last year SSC GD Constable Recruitment was conducted for 62390 vacancies.
- In written examination 11,65,942 (both male & female) candidates actually appeared.
- As per the scheme of the Recruitment, the minimum cut off percentage marks in the written examination is 33% for SC, ST and OBC candidates and 35% for UR and Ex-servicemen candidates.
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016
Number of vacancies will be announced along with the notification.
Last year the total number of vacancies of Constable (GD) filled through Constable (GD) Exam was 22517 in BSF, 5000 in CISF, 24588 in CRPF, 6224 in SSB, 3101 in ITBP, 600 in AR, 86 in NIA, 274 in SSF; total vacancies are 62390.
Total vacancies: 62390; Pay Scale – Pay Band – I, Rs 5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs 2000.
For recruitment in SSC GD Constable 2016, for posts notified in the Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2016 by Staff Selection Commission, you have to do the following.
- SSC GD Constable 2016 Recruitment Notification – Go through the detailed notification published officially by SSC. Click advertisement link given above to download official notification for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016.
- Determine your eligibility – Make sure that you fulfill the eligibility conditions. In view of the anticipated large number of applicants, scrutiny of the eligibility and other aspects will not be undertaken before the PST / PET and Written Examination and, therefore, the candidature will be accepted only provisionally. Candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards, etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts, before applying.
- Apply Online for SSC GD Constable 2016 Recruitment, or offline (if applicable).
- Download SSC GD Admit Card 2016 from SSC websites or CRPF website, as applicable.
- Appear and qualify in PST / PET, written examination, medical examinations.
Matriculation or 10th class pass is the minimum educational qualification. The recruitment will comprise of Physical Standards Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Examination and Medical Examination. Female candidate will be considered for posts earmarked for them in different CAPFs.
Schedule for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016 is given below.To be announced..
|Last date for offline applications to reach||December 19, 2016|
|Call Letters for PST/ PET will be dispatched by post for offline applicants from||February, 2017|
|Date of written examination||July 15 to 22, 2017|
|SSC GD Constable Result for Written Examination||September, 2017|
|Call Letters for Medical Exam||October, 2017|
|Date of medical examination||–|
Physical Standards Test (PST) / Physical Endurance Test (PET)
First step in the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016 is the PST / PET, that will be conducted and scheduled by CRPF. Call letters for this will be uploaded on CRPF website http://crpf.nic.in/ after filling up of application forms.
Physical standards laid down for the post of Constable are as follows. (based on previous recruitment)
|Height||170 cms||157 cms|
|Height for Scheduled Tribe candidates hailing from the North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts||160 cms||147.5 cms|
|Height for candidates hailing from the North Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and candidates hailing from Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) comprising of the three Sub-Divisions of Darjeeling District namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kurseong and includes the “Mouzas” Sub-Division of these districts.||162.5||152.5|
|Height for candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Assam, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir||165 cm (162.5 cms – STs)||155 cms (150 cms – STs)|
|Chest||Unexpanded: 80 cms, min expansion 5 cms.||–|
|Weight||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.|
|Race||5 Kms in 24 minutes||1.6 Kms in 8 ½ minutes|
|Race (candidates of Ladakh region)||1 Mile in 6 ½ minutes||800 meters in 4 minutes|
SSC GD Constable 2016 Written Examination
Candidates who qualify in the PST / PET, shall have to appear in the online or offline mode of written examination, conducted by SSC.
- On-Line Examination will be in English, and Hindi only.
Off-line Examination will be in English, Hindi and other Regional Languages.
- Call letters for written examination will be uploaded on the website of the concerned SSC Regional Office.
The written examination for GD Constable recruitment 2016, is scheduled form July, 15, 2017 to July 22, 2017.
Pattern of examination for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016 (based on previous recruitment)
The test will contain 100 questions of total 100 marks. Each question would be multiple choice question (MCQ). Distribution of questions shall be as elaborated in the table below.
|Part||Section||Number of questions||Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
SSC GD Constable Results
Those who clear the PST, PET, and written examination shall be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Examination (DME), list of which will be given to MHA, CRPF. Thereafter, MHA / CRPF will issue call letters and conduct the DME and Review Medical Examination (RME).
The candidates whose roll numbers figure in the list would be called for Medical Examination subject to their fulfilling all the eligibility conditions / requirements as prescribed for the post in the Notice of Examination and also subject to thorough verification of their identity with reference to their photographs, signatures, handwriting, etc., on the application forms, admission certificates, etc. If on verification from the application form, it is found that any candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, he will not be eligible to appear for the Medical Examination.
The result of the candidates qualified for medical examination is available on SSC’s website or on this link. Marks of the all the qualified / non-qualified candidates are also declared after some time.
Last year the following candidates was qualifying in each of the four Lists
|Additional for Naxal/Militancy affected Districts)||1549||19480|
|Additional for Border Districts||1186||5157|
|Candidates qualified for NIA & SSF||127||1233|
SSC GD Constable Cut Offs
The Commission will prepare the final merit list of candidates category-wise and state-wise without making any force allocation. Force allocation will be done by Nodal CRPF / MHA and the final result is also be declared by them.
The minimum cut off percentage of marks for selection will normally be as under.
- General and Ex-servicemen : 35%
- SC/ST/OBC : 33%
- Click Here to view exact cut offs of previous recruitment.
Shortlist of candidates after the DME, will be given by the Staff Selection Commission. Based on this merit list for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016, MHA/ CRPF will make force allocation, etc. and declare the result.
Medical Examination of the qualified candidates will be decided by the CAPFs and intimated to the candidates in due course. CAPFs will issue call letters and conduct DME/RME.
Eye Sight Requirements for SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2016 (based on previous recruitment)
|Visual Acuity unaided (Near Vision)||Uncorrected Visual Acuity (Distant Vision)||Refraction||Color Vision||Remarks|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III BY ISIHARA||-In right handed person, the Right eye is better eye and vice versa.
-Binocular vision is required
Candidates may contact following Regional Help Lines for clarifications, if any, in respect of filling/submitting applications and written examination:-
- SSC (NR), New Delhi – 01164715222, 01165570666,
- SSC (CR), Allahabad – 05322460511, 05326541021,
- SSC (SR), Chennai – 09445195946, 04428251139,
- SSC (WR), Mumbai – 09869730700, 07738422705,
- SSC (ER), Kolkata – 09477461228, 09477461229,
- SSC (MPR) Raipur – 09407921504, 09407921505,
- SSC (KKR), Bangalore – 08025502520, 09483862020,
- SSC (NWR), Chandigarh – 01722749378, 01722742144,
- SSC (NER), Guwahati, – 09085073593, 09085015252,
- CRPF: – 011-24364884, Extn. 436 and 317.