TN Forest Guard Recruitment 2020 – Tamil Nadu Forest Uniformed Services Recruitment Committee (TNFUSRC) has opened the edit facility for TN forest guard at forests.tn.gov.in. This recruitment is for government of Tamil Nadu forest department. For the posts of Forest Guard (227 posts) and Forest Guard with Driving Licence (93 Posts) posts are released within the state of Tamil Nadu. Candidates must have higher secondary passed with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Zoology or Botany. TN Forest Guard 2020 will be conducted in onlilne mode. For more information regarding the TN Forest Guard recruitment 2020, go through this page.
Latest: Editing facility in online application form for TN Forest Guard recruitment 2020 is now available. Edit details from here!
TN Forest Guard Recruitment 2020
Candidates who want to be a part of the Government of Tamil Nadu forest department, can make it possible now, by applying for the TN Forest Guard Recruitment 2020. Candidates are advised to go through the tentative schedule given below, to know the dates of important events.
|Date of Notifcation|
|Date of Online Application form||25 Jan 2020|
|Last date to fill the online application form||14 Feb 2020|
|Last date to pay the application fee||14 Feb 2020|
|Application form correction||18 -19 Feb 2020|
|Availability of Admit card/hall ticket||29 Feb to 08 Mar 2020|
|Date of Online Examination||07 & 08 Mar 2020|
|Availability of Answer key||to be announced|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced|
TN Forest Guard Recruitment 2020 Exam Date Notice
TN Forest Guard Application Form 2020
The TNFUSRC releases the online application form for the recruitment of posts of Forest Guard and Forest Guard with the driving license. A link is available to fill the online application form at officail website. It is mandatory to complete the one time registration process through one time registration portal and to generate the OTR number in order to complete the recruitment procedure.
Mode of Application- The only option to fill the application form is through online mode.
Details need to fill- It is required to fill the basic details by the candidates while filling application form. It is advised to cross-check all the details once again before final submission, which are as follows:
- Candidate’s name.
- Communal category.
- Educational qualification.
- Examination centre.
- Emaill ID.
- Contact Number.
In order to complete the application form procedure it is compulsory to make the payment, the application fee amount is given below:
₹ 150 + extra service charges which is required to pay by the candidates while making payment.
Mode of payment-
The application fee must be paid through secured online payment gateways by using credit/debit card, or any other digital payment system.
TN Forest Guard 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is always mandatory to fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the online application and one should go through the eligibility criteria decided by the forest department Tamil Nadu government. The minimum eligibility is to qualify at least 10+2 with one of the main subjects are: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology or Botany. There should be no pending subjects or results in the said criteria.
For Forest Guard
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 (higher secondary) with Physics, Biology, Botany or Zoology, Chemistry as one of the main subjects.
For Forest Guard with Driving License-
- 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Zoology and Botany as one of the main subjects.
- It is utmost important to own a valid driving license by the candidates, which should be issued by the RTO (Regional Transport Officer) or by any competent transport authority.
- A minimum of three years of experience as a driver in a reputed firm/company. Candidate must own a certificate of experience in the driving of light motor vehicles / Heavy Motor Vehicles.
- One should have a certificate of first aid from a recognized organisation of Tamil Nadu state. Also should have some knowledge about automobiles and its mechanisms.
- A person from any or with a background of the Defense services such as the Navy or the Air force are eligible for direct recruitment as Forest Guard, Forest Guard with Driving Licence.
- Candidate should have the certificated visual standard without glasses as per the parameters mentioned below:
|Type of Vision||Right eye||Left eye|
|Near Vision||0.5||0.5 (Snellen)|
- Any candidate who recently discharged from the Army Service (Land force) such candidates will be eligible for the direct recruitment.
- Candidates with any kind of eye complications are not eligible.
Interested candidates must note that before apply for the TN Forest Guard recruitment 2020, there is an age limit for the said post.
- Candidates belongs to the general category should have a minimum age of 21 to 30 years.
- A relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs and DWs i.e. they can apply till 35 Years.
- Applicants who are applying for the forest guard & forest guard with driving license and belongs to the Ex- serviceman group or category should be in between 21 to 30 years of age.
Concession for Transgender in TN Forest Guard 2020
- A transgender candidate who applied as third gender candidate shall be eligible to apply for the vacancies reserved for female candidates as well as for general vacancies.
- A transgender candidate who applies as female candidate shall produce a self declaration supported by Identity card issued by Tamil Nadu third gender Welfare board. They will be eligible for vancanices for females as well as general vacancies.
- A transgender candidate who applies as male candidate shall produce a self declaration supported by Identity card issued by Tamil Nadu third gender Welfare board. They will be eligible for only general vacancies.
- If transgender candidate applied as male candidate then they have to pass the physical standard and endurance test prescribed for male candidates.
- If transgender candidate applied as female candidate then they have to pass the physical standard and endurance test prescribed for female candidates.
TN Forest Guard 2020 Syllabus
Check the syllabus for forest guard and forest guard with driving license for the recruitment of 2020 below.
- General Science:
It will have questions based on Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- Current Events:
This section will be based on the current affairs and events happening around the candidate. Also, topics will be related to history, polity, geography, economics, science, sports and games, etc.
Basic geography questions – about earth and universe, water resources, soil, weather and climate, etc are asked.
- History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu
Starting from Indus valley civilization to the modern age questions will be asked. read the histroy and culture of the state Tamil Nadu.
- Indian Polity
constitution of India, the preamble of the constitution, union legislature, parliament, Panchayati raj, lok Adalat, fundamental rights and fundamental duty, etc.
- Indian Economy
Five year plans, nature of the economy, economic trends in Tamil Nadu, etc.
- Indian National Movement
National renaissance, role of Tamil Nadu in the freedom struggle, emergence of national leaders.
- Mental Ability test and Aptitude
Questions will be asked in a mixed manner – from mathematics and reasoning.
TN Forest Guard 2020 Exam Pattern
All the interested candidates must go through the given information which indicates the examination pattern of the Tamil Nadu Forest Guard recruitment 2020, which are as follows:
- Medium of question paper- The online examination question paper consists questions from the Tamil language as well as the English language.
- Criteria to qualify- Candidates belongs to the categories like: BCs, BCMs, MBCs/DCs, SCs, SC(A)s and STs are required to obtain minimum 30% marks for the selection. For other category candidates, a minimum marks of 40% are required.
- Total number of marks- 150.
- Subjects- General Knowledge.
- Total duration of Examination- Examination will be conducted for 3 hours.
TN Forest Guard Admit Card 2020
Admit card will be available to the candidates for download on the website, forests.tn.gov.in. To download the admit card for TN Forest Guard 2020, candidates need to login to the website with their registration number and password.
Candidates have to download the admit card online. No TN Forest Guard admit card will be sent to the candidate by any other mode. Candidates have to reach the examination centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination. Also, carry a hard copy of the admit card to the TN forest guard examination venue.
TN Forest Guard Answer Key 2020
Answer key for TN Forest Guard 2020 will be available on the website of TN forest department, forests.tn.gov.in. Answer Key for TN Forest Guard 2020 will be available in the PDF format. You can refer to that to calculate your score in the examination. Once the answer key is released, candidates will be allowed to raise an objection against the answer key.
After candidates are done with the process of challenging the provisional answer key, a final answer key is released. On the basis of that final answer key, the TN Forest Guard result of the candidate is prepared.
TN Forest Guard Result 2020
The result for TN forest guard 2020 will be declared on the website, forests.tn.gov.in. Candidates can download the result for TN Forest Guard 2020 with the help of their registration number and password.
Result will be prepared after the process of challenging the answer key is completed. Preparation of result will be based on the final answer key. Result for TN Forest Guard 2020 will have candidates’ marks they have secure in online computer based examination. Final result is alos declared once the cselcection procedure to select candidate is completed. Final selection of the candidtae is done after the physical standard test and endurance test.
Physical standard and Endurance test for TN Forest Guard 2020
Check the criteria for Physical test and Endurance test conducted for TN Forest Guard 2020.
It is mandatory to fulfill the physical standards to qualify for the further stage of selection i.e. endurance test.
|Category||Height (cm)||Chest Normal (cm)||Chest Expansion (cm)|
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and Jungle Tribes for both male and female the minimum height standards in centimeter are 152 cm and 145 cm respectively.
Candidates must have the certificate containing above particulars from a Medical Officer, by the Government Medical Institution.
Applicants need to face a Physical test which will include a walk for 25 km and 16 km completed in 4 Hours for male and female / third gender candidates. Candidates are also required to meet the parameters set by the Medical Board in Chennai certifying physical fitness and ability to work in the fields of Tamil Nadu Forest Department.
TN Forest Guard 2020 Selection Procedure
In order to qualify for the post of TN Forest Guard and Forest Guard with Driving license it is mandatory to qualify the online examination. Those who qualifies the online written examination will be called for the further stages of selection procedure – Physical Standards, Endurance Test and personality test. If any candidates fail to qualify any of the stages will be rejected and marked as unqualified for the post.
- Online Written Test.
- Physical Standards verification.
- Endurance Test.
The Tamil Nadu Forest Uniformed Services Recruitment Committee (TNFUSRC) is an integaral part of Tamil Nadu state government. TNFUSRC was formed to recruit the eligible candidates for various posts of forest department. Established in the year 1856, this department has completed more than 160 years. Every year it releases the notification for the recruitment of various posts like forest watcher, forest guard, forest guard with driving licence. The process of application is same for all the posts released by TNFUSRC.
To know more about TN Forest Guard recruitment 2020 download – Information Brochure.
|Notification in English||Click here|
|Notification in Tamil||Click here|
|Guidelines for application filling||Click here|
|FAQ’s for filling of applications||Click here|
|Toll-Free Helpline Number|
for Technical issues
|English | Tamil|
|Notice forAvailing services of|
e-Seva Kendras for
|English | Tamil|
|Special instructions to |
the candidates applying
Official Website: forests.tn.gov.in
TN Forest Guard Recruitment 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No, there is no mobile app or any other platform to fill the application form, it is advised to visit the official website of the TNFUSRC to fill the online application form securely.
Ans : The TNFUSRC just released the advance notice for the recruitment of Forest Guard & the official information brochure will be published soon on the official website of the Tamil Nadu Forest department.
Ans : Yes, it is mandatory to renew your driving license & to update it, as because it is compulsory to carry a valid driving license for the recruitment purpose.
For more and detailed information regarding the Tamil Nadu government Forest department recruitment, candidates can refer the below given section and follow the link.TN Recruitment