The Gauhati high court (The High Court of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh) has released the Recruitment notification for Assam Judicial Services Grade-III. Candidate must be an Indian citizen and holder of Degree in law from a recognised university. The application process is completely online and Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in Screening and the Main exam followed by Viva Voce/Interview.The application form has been released. Candidates can check all the details about the Assam Judicial Service (Grade III) Examination such as the Application form, Eligibility criteria and selection process from the article below.
Assam Judicial Service (Grade III) Vacancy Details
|Submission of online starts from||20 Sep 2017 12:00 Noon|
|Last date for submission of online application||09 Oct 2017 5:00 PM|
|Last date for payment of fees||13 Oct 2017|
|Admit Card Available||12 Dec 2017 Onwards!|
|Date of Exam||17 Dec 2017|
|Answer Key Date||05 Jan 2018|
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Organising Body: The Gauhati High Court at Guwahati
No of posts: 35
Scale of Pay: Candidates will be appointed in the scale of pay of Rs.27,700-770-33,090-920-40,450-1080-44,770 per month plus other allowances as admissible under the rules.
Application Fee: Category wise Application fee to be paid by the candidates are indicated below:-
|PWD (Person with Disabilities)||Nil|
|For all others||Rs.500/-|
Minimum qualification: A candidate must be the holder of Degree in Law from a recognised University.
Age Limit: Category wise age limit for AJS Grade-III, as on the last date of online application, are as under:
|PWD (Person with Disabilities)||48 Years|
Reservation: Reservation for recruitment process is provided below.
- Unreserved – 26
- SC – 1
- ST(H) – 8
Selection process: Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in Preliminary examination followed by the Main exam and Viva Voce/Interview.
The Answer Key of the preliminary exam comprises of the correct answers. Candidates can have the idea of their estimated marks by looking at the answer key. The prliminary Answer Key has been released after the successful conduction of the exam on January 05, 2018. The direct link to check the Answer key is given below.
Answer Key: Click here to check the Prelim answer key.
Candidates are advised to carefully check whether she/he fulfil all the eligibility criteria before applying. The details of the Assam Judicial Services exam eligibility criteria have been given below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must be a holder of Degree in law from a recognized institute or university.
The Preliminary Examination (Screening Test) shall consist of the Objective type questions of 100 marks out of which 90 marks will cover General Knowledge, Aptitude, English, Constitution of India, Code of Civil procedure, Criminal Procedure Code, Transfer of Property Act, Indian Contract Act, Indian Penal Code, Indian Evidence Act, Law of Torts and remaining 10 marks to test the proficiency in the official language (s) of the State of Assam(Assamese).
Main Written Examination
- Paper-I: English- 100 marks
- Essay Writing
- Precis Writing
- Grammar etc.
- Paper-II: General Knowledge- 100 marks
- Objective Test
- Aptitude Test
- Paper-III: Law Paper- I- 100 marks
- Constitution of India
- Civil Procedure Code
- Transfer of Property Act
- Indian Contract Act
- Paper-IV: Law Paper- II- 100 marks
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Indian Evidence Act
- Indian Contract Act
- Paper-V: Paper to test the proficiency in the official language(s) of the State of Assam(Qualifying in nature)- 50 marks
- Interview / Viva-voce – 50 marks
The competitive examination shall consist of a preliminary examination (Screening test) , a Main examination and a Viva Voce/Interview.
- The candidate who will secure 60% or more marks in the preliminary examination shall be eligible for appearing in the Main examination
- Provided that the ratio on the basis of which candidates will be called for the main examination shall be 1:10.
- All Candidates who obtain 60% or more aggregate marks in the main examination subject to securing at least 45% marks in individual Paper – I, II, III, & IV and maintain 35 marks in the language paper (paper V) shall be eligible for Viva Voce
Advertisement: Click Here for full advertisement