TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2019-2020: The syllabus for TNSPC Group 2 2019 has been revised by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC). The preliminary exam consists of 200 questions of 300 marks. Main exam has 2 papers. Paper-1 has 4 questions of 25 marks each. Candidates will get 1 hour 30 minutes to solve paper-1. Paper-2 will be a descriptive type paper of 15 questions of 20 marks each. For paper-2, candidates will have 3 hours. Candidates can know more about TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus (New) and download TNPSC group 2 new syllabus PDF file from the article below.
Latest: The revised syllabus for TNPSC group 2 syllabus is available here. Download the PDF for the syllabus from the article.
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2019-2020
Check below the syllabus for TNPSC CCSE Group 2 written exam as per the new notification of TNPSC:
PRELIMINARY EXAM SYLLABUS:
Below is the syllabus for the sections of the preliminary exam:
Unit-1: General Science:
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper
- Power of Reasoning
- Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning
- Science as a tool to understand the past, present and future.
- Nature of universe
- General Scientific Laws
- Properties of Matter, Force, Motion and Energy
- Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics and Communications.
- Elements and Compounds
- Main Concept of life science
- Environment and ecology
Unit-2: Current Events- This section will evaluate the candidate’s knwledge about the day to day environmment of the country and the world in accordance with the following topics:
- History: Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States -Eminent personalities
- Polity: Political parties and political system in India – Public awareness and General administration – Welfare oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- Geography- Landmarks
- Science- latest innovations
Unit-3: Geography of India:
- Location –Physical features – Monsoon, rainfall, weather and climate – Water resources – Rivers in India – Soil, minerals and natural resources – Forest and wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
- Transport – Communication.
- Social geography – Population density and distribution – Racial, linguistic groups and major tribes.
- Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution -Climate change
Unit-4: History and Culture of India:
- Indus valley civilization
- Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas
- Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms
- South Indian history.
- Change and Continuity in the Socio -Cultural History of India.
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, custom.
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
Unit-4: Indian Polity:
- Constitution of India
- Citizenship, Fundamental rights, Fundamental duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive, Union legislature
- Spirit of Federalism
- Corruption in public life
Unit-6: Indian Economy-
- Nature of Indian economy – Five year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy – Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural welfare oriented programmes – Social problems – Population, education, health, employment, poverty.
Unit-7: History, culture, heritage and socio-political movements in Tamil Nadu:
- History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle
- Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu
Unit-9: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country – Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio – Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people – Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio – economic development of Tamil Nadu.
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio – Economic development.
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
- Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields.
- E-governance in Tamil Nadu.
Unit-10: Aptitude and Mental Ability:
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple interest
- Compound interest
- Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Alpha numeric Reasoning
- Number Series.
MAIN EXAM SYLLABUS:
Below is the syllabus for the main exam and applies to the section 1 and 2 of paper-1 and section 1 and 3 for paper-2:
- Origin and Development of Tamil Civilization – From classical antiquity to modernity.
- Sangam Period Literature with the historical events related to Language Development.
- Musical Tradition of Tamil Nadu – Folklore – music, dance, Musical instruments and folk drama – From classical age to post-modern age with its modifications.
- Dramatic Art Form – Street Theatre – Folk Theatre – Conventional Theatrical techniques.
- Socio-Economic History – Overseas trade – evidence from classical literature like “Pattinapalai”.
- Rationalist Movements – Dravidian Movement and Self Respect Movement.
- Contribution of Social Reform Movements in the implementation of Social Welfare Measures and Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu – Reservation Policy and its Benefits – Contribution of Social Justice and Social Harmony in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- Feminism – Socio – feminism, Literary feminism – Different Concepts and Perceptions.
- Contemporary Tamil Language – Computer Tamil Diction
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2019: Click Here to download the PDF file of revised TNPSC group 2 syllabus.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern
To prepare for the exam of TNPSC Group 2, the candidates must know about the exam pattern of both the exam. Refer below:
Language: The exam will be conducted in English and Tamil Language.
Duration: Candidates will get 3 hours to solve the prelominary paper and main paper-2 and 1 hour 30 minutes to solve main exam paper-1.
Type of Questions: All the questions in preliminary exam will be objective type and in main exam will be descriptive type.
Qualifying Marks: The minimum qualifying marks is 90 in preliminary examand main exam non-interview posts and 102 marks in the main exam (for interview posts).
|Sections||No. of Ques||Total Marks|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test||25||–|
|Sections||No. of Ques||Total Marks|
|Part-A: Tamil to English Translation||2||50|
|English to Tamil Translation||2||50|
|Part-B: Precis Writing||3||60|
|Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’||3||60|
|Letter writing (Official)||3||60|
Below are some of the tips that will help you attempt the paper and score good marks for the exam:
Know your syllabus: The syllabus for TNPSC group 2 exma is details and very vast. The candidates must know the syllabus throughly and analyse the topics that are important topics for the exam.
Previous year question paper: Candidates can refer to the previous year question papers and decide the impportant topics that appeared in the exam on recurring basis. They can also use the previous year question papers as a sample paper and solve it to know their preparation level.
Read Newspaper Daily: Candidates will have a section of current affairs hence it is advised that the cnadidates must read news paper on daily basis to be updated with the current events.
Revision is must: As the syllabus is vast, the candidates have to revise the syllabus thoroughly. Even if you have not completed the syllabus, the candidates must not skip revising whatever they have read.
Time Management: As the syllabus is vast, time management is going to be an essential part of your routine. Part your time for various subject on the basis of the weightage and important of the topics in it.
About TNPSC Group 2 2019-2020
TNPSC Group 2 exam is a combined civil service exam (CCSE). The selection procedure for the TNSP group 2 consists of a preliminary exam, the main exam and oral test. To clear the preliminary exam, the candidates have to score marks more than equal to 90. The qualifying candidates appear for the main exam. The qualifying marks for the paper-1 of the main exam is 25 marks. For paper-2, the candidates must score more than or equal to 102 marks for interview posts and 90 for non-interview posts. The candidates qualifying the main exam are called for the oral test.