TNPSC Group 2 2019: The TNPSC Group 2 exam is conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) every year for recruitment as per the vacancies notified. The vacancies for the same are notified by the state government of Tamil Nadu. The selection procedure for TNPSC Group 2 2019 recruitment consists of the preliminary exam, main exam and oral exam. Candidates must clear the minimum qualifying marks to qualify the exams. The candidates are selected for the main exam in a ration of 10 times the total no. of vacancies. To know more about the TNPSC Group 2 2019 exam such as TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus and exam pattern, read the article below.
Latest: TNPSC Group 2 final result 2018 has been released. Check here
TNPSC Group 2 2019
The preliminary exam is an objective type exam of 3 hours which consists of 200 questions. However, the main exam is descriptive type exam for 3 hours and consists of 14 questions of 300 marks. The candidates who clear the main exam appear for the oral test. Below is the schedule for all the data related to the TNPSC Group 2 2019:
|Online Application||to be annonced|
|Last date for submission of applications||to be annonced|
|Last date for payment of Fee through Bank or Post Office||to be annonced|
|Date of Written Examination (Preliminary)||to be annonced|
|Result (Preliminary)||to be annonced|
|Written Examination (Main)||to be annonced|
|Result (Main)||to be annonced|
|Interview||to be annonced|
Application Form for TNPSC Group 2 2019
The application form for the TNPSC Group 2 releases on the official website of TNPSC. Candidates can fill the application form in online mode only. You must first fill the OTR (One-time Registration) form and pay the registration fee. This fee will be valid for 5 years after filling the form. The OTR fees are Rs. 150. The candidates must have their phone no. and mail ID while filling the application form. You must upload the passport size photo and signature in the application form.
Application Fee: The application fee for the preliminary exam is Rs. 100 and Rs. 150 for the main exam. Candidate can pay the application fee online as well as offline mode. Below is the list all the modes of payment:
- Debit card
- Credit card
- Net banking
- Offline at SBI/Post Office/ Indian Bank
TNPSC Group 2 Eligibility Criteria 2019
Below is the eligibility criteria that the candidate must know for filling the application form for TNPSC Group 2 2019.
Language: The candidates must know how to read, write and speak Tamil Language.
|Probation Officer in|
|Probation Officer in|
|For all post (except above 3)||18-30 years|
Age Relaxation: The age relaxation for the upper age limit for the reserved categories is as follows:
- No age limit for the SC/ST/OBC and destitute widows candidates.
- The ESM candidates must be of age less than 58 years.
- Relaxation for PwD categories is 10 years for the upper limit.
Education Qualification: Below is the education qualification for all the candidates as given below:
Industrial Co-Operative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department: A Degree of B.Com or B.A., or B.Sc (Other than in a professional subject not being Agriculture)
Probation Officer in the Social Defence Department
- A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com.
- B.O.L., of Annamalai University
- B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled) in Employment and Training (Employment Wing) Department
- A degree in Arts or Science or Commerce or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or
- B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B.Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II: A Degree of any University or Institution recognised by the University Grants Commission.
Assistant Section Officer in Law Department in Secretariat: B.L., Degree awarded by any University recognised by the University Grants Commission.
Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- A Master’s Degree.
- A Bachelor’s Degree / BGL Degree
- A Bachelor’s Degree with first class in any one of the parts.
Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department
- A degree of B.A., or B.Sc., or B. Com., or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or
- B.B.A., of Madurai Kamarajar University or
- B.Litt., of Madras University or
- B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Assistant Section Officer Cum- Programmer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Must possess Master’s degree in Computer Application or
- Master’s degree in Science (Information Technology / Computer Science).
Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department
- Degree in B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com. OR
- A diploma in Handloom Technology or Textile Technology or Textile processing or
- Manmade Fibre Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training in Tamil Nadu
TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card 2019
The admit card is the most important verification document for entering the exam centre. Candidates who do not bear the admit card will not be allowed to give the exam. The admit cards for the preliminary and main exam are released separately on the official website. The candidates need their login details to download the admit card for the exam. The full address of exam centre, date and timing of the exam are conveyed to the candidates through the admit card only.
The admit card for the main exam is issued to only those candidates who clear the preliminary exam. The ratio of selection for the main exam is 10 time the no. of vacancies notified.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2019
Below is the exam pattern for the TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern:
Language: The question paper will be in English and Tamil Language.
Duration: Candidates will get 3 hours to solve the paper.
No. of Questions: There will be 300 questions in the question paper.
Type of Questions: All the questions in preliminary exam will be objective type and in main exam will be descriptive type.
Qualifying Marks: The candidates must score 90 marks in preliminary exam and 102 marks in the main exam.
|Sections||No. of Ques||Total Marks|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test||25||–|
|Sections||No. of Ques||Total Marks|
|Part-A: Tamil to English Translation||2||50|
|English to Tamil Translation||2||50|
|Part-B: Precis Writing||2||40|
|Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’||2||40|
|Letter writing (Official)||2||40|
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2019: Click Here to download the revised syllabus and exam pattern for the exam.
TNPSC Group 2 Test Centre 2019
Below are the test centre notified by the commission last year and the list of centres is likely to change.
Answer Key of TNPSC Group 2 2019
The answer key for the TNPSC Group 2 releases on the official website for the preliminary exam. It is published in PDF form separately for all the subjects. The answer key does not release for the TNPSC Group 2 main exam as it is descriptive. Candidates can download the official answer key and use it to know the probable result score. The official answer key forms the basis for evaluating the answer sheets of the candidates who appeared in the exam. The official answer key is in the format of question paper-cum-answer key where all the right answers are tick marked on the main question paper of the exam.
Result of TNPSC Group 2 2019
The result of TNPSC Group 2 is prepared based on candidate’s performance in the selection process. The selection process consists of the preliminary exam, the main exam and the oral test. The result is released separately for every process. The candidates who are shortlisted in the preliminary exam are allowed to appear in the main exam. The ratio of candidates shortlisted in the preliminary exam is the 10 times the total no. of vacancies. The candidates must clear the cut-off qualifying minimum marks to be considered for preparing the merit list.
Cut off- The cut-off list is the qualifying marks decided for preliminary and main exam. Below is the cut-off for all the categories of candidates for the main and preliminary exam:
- Preliminary Exam- 90 marks
- Main Exam-102 marks
TNPSC Group 2 Selection Procedure 2019
The selection procedure consists of 3 stages which are preliminary exam, main exam and oral test.
- Preliminary Exam: The preliminary exam consists of 2 section of 100 questions each. Each section has total marks of 150 for the 100 questions. The candidates will get 3 hours to solve the question paper. The candidates will be selected in a ratio of 10 times of the total no. of vacancies in the preliminary exam.
- Main Exam: The main exam consists of 300 questions from the general studies that candidates need to solve in 3 hours only. The candidate who clears the preliminary exam is eligible to appear in the main exam. The candidates who qualify the main exam are allowed in the main exam. Candidates need to score marks equal to or more than the qualifying marks decided by the commission. It will be descriptive type question paper.
- Oral Test: The candidates who qualify the main exam are called for the oral test. The candidates will be judged on a scale of 40 marks and a merit list of all the recruited candidates will be prepared after the oral test.
Click here to download the complete list of TNPSC CCSE (Group 2) vacancy distribution details.
Official Website: tnpsc.gov.in
For more information on TNPSC Group 2 2019 download Official Notification
Q. Is TNPSC an independent body?
A. Yes. TNPSC is an independent Constitutional body. The Governor of the State appoints the Chairman and Members of the Service Commission.
Q. What is the transparency in the selection to posts made by the Commission?
A. After the oral test, counselling is being held in the Commission’s office for all candidates who appeared for the oral test for the posts that are included in Group II. Based on the option exercised by the candidates and depending on the distribution and availability of vacancies, selection is made for each post in a very transparent manner through computer and onscreen selection method.
Q. Is there any invalidation made by the Commission at the evaluation stage?
A. The violation of Instructions to the Candidates / Hall Ticket Instructions / Question Paper Instruction / Answer Paper Instructions will result in invalidation of answer papers.
Q. How do we know that Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission arrives at Right key after the objections are raised by us on the tentative key?
A. If any candidate has objections over any tentative Answer key, he/she can mail / write by post the objections with grounds and evidences for such objection within one week. Such objections to keys are placed before an Expert Committee and keys are finalised. Based on the final key the answer papers are evaluated.
Q. How can we know the status of our application?
A. There is a facilitation counter functioning in TNPSC premises. Candidates may obtain information / clarification relating to examination and candidature etc., on working days between 10.00 AM to 05.45 PM in person.