TNPSC Group 2 2022: The admit card for TNPSC Group 2 will be issued at tnpsc.gov.in. The TNPSC Group 2 2022 is scheduled to be held on May 21, 2022. The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts the TNPSC Group 2 examination. This examination is for direct recruitment to the posts included in Combined Civil Services Examination–II (Interview Posts)(Group-II Services). The eligible candidates can apply for this by paying Rs. 150. The recruitment procedure for Group 2 is for Combined Civil Services (Group II and IIA) that includes the posts of Junior Employment Officer, Probation Officer, etc. The examination is taken in 3 phases: preliminary exam, main exam, and interview exam. To know about the complete details, the candidate should keep reading this article.
Latest: TNPSC Group 2 2022 admit card to be out soon. Check details here.
TNPSC Group 2 2022
Candidates should keep reading the article for more information about the TNPSC Group 2 2022, dates, eligibility, pattern, etc.
|Notification releasing on||23 Feb 2022|
|Online Application||23 Feb 2022|
|Last date for submission of applications||23 Mar 2022|
|Date of Written Examination (Preliminary)||21 May 2022|
|Declaration of Result (Preliminary)||June 2022|
|Written Examination (Main)||September 2022|
|Declaration of Result (Main)||December 2022|
|Interview Date (Oral Test)||February 2023|
|Counselling of Interview Posts||February 2023|
|Counselling of Non – Interview Posts||February 2023|
TNPSC Group 2 2022 – Latest Update
February 23, 2022- TNPSC Group 2 Notification 2022: Know Exam Fees Details, Category Wise Communal Reservation, Educational Qualification. Read More
TNPSC Group 2 Admit Card 2022
The admit card for TNPSC Group 2 is released online on the official website: tnpsc.gov.in. To download the admit card the candidate would require the registration number and password to log in. Candidates must carry the hard copy of the TNPSC GROUP II admit card to the exam centre on the day of the examination. They should also carry photo ID proof. The admit card contains the exam date and time, exam centres, reporting time, and important instructions. TNPSC releases separate admit cards for preliminary and main exams.
Recommended: TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Centre
The TNPSC examination will be held in the centres in the following cities. Candidates will have to select their preferred centres while submitting the application form. The Commission can increase/decrease the number of examination centres and re-allot the applicants. The Main Written Examination will be held at the following centres:
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2022
Interested candidates can view the TNPSC Group 2 exam pattern below :
- The language is English and Tamil
- There will be objective type of questions in Preliminary
- There will be the descriptive types of questions in Main
- The duration is 3 hours
- The total marks are also 300 in both the examination
- Qualifying Marks: Preliminary exam – 90 marks and Mains exam – 102 marks
- The marks and questions distribution are as follows:
- Preliminary Exam:
|TOPICS||TOTAL NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS|
|General Studies /||175||—|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test||25||—|
- Main Exam
|Sections||No. of Ques||Total Marks|
|Part-A: Tamil to English Translation||2||50|
|English to Tamil Translation||2||50|
|Part-B: Precis Writing||2||40|
|Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’||2||40|
|Letter writing (Official)||2||40|
- The interview round holds 40 marks
Read more: TNPSC Group 2 Sample Paper
TNPSC Group 2 2022 Notification
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has released TNPSC Group 2 2022 Notification on the website, tnpsc.gov.in. Aspirants can check the detailed eligibility criteria, application procedure, exam date, and all other details from the official notification available below.
Positions to Recruit from TNPSC Group 2 2022
There will be 3 phases of examination for the following posts in Group 2:
|Industrial Co-operative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department||Rs.37200-117600/-|
|Probation Officer in Social Defence Department||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled) in Employment and Training (Employment Wing) Department||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Probation Officer in Prison Department||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Assistant Inspector of Labour in the Labour Department||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Sub Registrar, Grade-II||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Special Assistant in the Vigilance and Anti-corruption Department||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Assistant Section Officer in Law Department in Secretariat||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Assistant Section Officer in Finance Department in Secretariat||Rs.36900-116600/-|
|Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat||Rs.36400-115700/-|
|Assistant Section Officer in TNPSC||Rs.36400-115700/-|
|Assistant Section Officer Cum Programmer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission||Rs.36400-115700/-|
|Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department||Rs.35600-112800/-|
|Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department||Rs.35600-112800/-|
|Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department||Rs.35600-112800/-|
|Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department||Rs.35600-112800/-|
|Senior Inspectors in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department||Rs.35600-112800/-|
|Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies||Rs.35400-112400/-|
|Supervisor / Junior Level-11Superintendent||Rs.35400-112400/-|
|Audit Assistant in Accounts Branch of Highways and Rural Works Department||Rs.19500-62000/-|
|Executive Officer, Grade-II Level-8 in Town Panchayats Department, Tirunelveli District||Rs.19500-62000/-|
|Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department||Rs.20600-65500/-|
Eligibility for TNPSC Group 2 2022
Before applying for Group 2, candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria.
- The candidates must be affluent in the Tamil Language.
- Age limit should be as given below:
|Probation Officer in Prison Department||22-30 years|
|Probation Officer in Social Defence Department||26-40 years|
|For all posts (except above 3)||18-30 years|
However, there are certain age relaxations such as :
- There is no age limit for the SC/ST/OBC and destitute widows candidates.
- The ESM candidates must be of age less than 58 years.
- For the candidates belonging to the PWD category, the relaxation of the upper limit will be 10 years.
Education Qualification: Below is the education qualification for all the candidates as given below:
Industrial Co-Operative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department:
- The candidate must have a B.Com or B.A., or B.Sc (Other than in a professional subject not being Agriculture)
Probation Officer in the Social Defence Department
- The candidate must have a B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com.
Or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamaraj University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled) in Employment and Training (Employment Wing) Department
- The candidate must have a degree in Science or Arts or Commerce or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamaraj University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B.Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II:
- The candidate must have a Degree from any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Assistant Section Officer in Law Department in Secretariat:
- The candidate must have a B.L. Degree awarded by any University recognized by the University Grants Commission.
Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- The candidate must have a Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree / BGL Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with first class in any one of the parts.
Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department
- The candidate must have a degree of B.A., or B. Com., or B.Sc., or B.O.L., of Annamalai University or B.B.A., of Madurai Kamaraj University or B.Litt., of Madras University or B.B.M., or B. Litt., of Bharathiyar University
Assistant Section Officer Cum- Programmer
The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Computer Application or
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Science (Information Technology / Computer Science).
Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department
- The candidate must have a B.A., or B.Sc., or B.Com. OR
- The candidate must have a diploma in Handloom Technology or Textile Technology or Textile processing or The Manmade Fibre Technology awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training in Tamil Nadu.
TNPSC Group 2 Application Form 2022
The application form for TNPSC Group 2 is released online on the official website. Candidates can view how to submit the TNPSC Group 2 application form 2022 below.
- The candidate should first go to the official website: tnpsc.gov.in.
- The applicant should click on “TNPSC Group 2” on the website.
- Candidates should register here and fill the application form carefully.
- The aspirant is required to upload certain documents
- Candidates should then make the payment of the application fee.
- The applicant should always take a printout of the TNPSC Group 2 application form before submitting it.
Application Fee :
|One time payment||Rs. 150|
Candidates can pay via credit/debit card, net banking, or offline at SBI/Post Office/ Indian Bank
TNPSC Group 2 2022 Answer Key
Answer key is released after the examination officially on the official website itself tnpsc.gov.in for the preliminary examination. Candidates can check it and calculate the estimated score by knowing the number of correct answers he has given and multiplying it with marks given for one correct answer (in this case it is 1 mark ). The format is in PDF form, the question and the correct answer will be given in the same pdf. Many educational institutes release memory-based unofficial answer keys, on the same day of the exam. The candidate can visit our website to get links for the TNPSC Group 2 answer key.
TNPSC Group 2 Result 2022
The results of TNPSC Group 2 are released online on the notified date after the answer key is released. Candidates can check the results in tnpsc.gov.in. After every examination, the TNPSC Group 2 result is released in separate PDFs. The list of roll numbers of the selected candidates is released. Aspirants can check their roll numbers and names in these merit lists to know the status of selection.
Minimum Qualifying marks – Candidates should obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to get selected in the TNPSC Group 2. They are different for different categories as given below :
- Preliminary Exam- 90 marks
- Main Exam-102 marks
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission recruits candidates for roles in the state government in various agencies by holding competitive examinations, in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. TNPSC was established in the year 1929. Tamil Nadu Combined Civil Services exam holds the Group 2 exam as the commission recruits to fill up vacancies in Group 2 category positions in the state civil services through this exam.
Official Website: tnpsc.gov.in
Click here to download the complete list of TNPSC CCSE (Group 2) vacancy distribution details.
For more information on TNPSC Group 2 2019 download Official Notification
The preliminary round is for 300 marks, the selected candidates will be able to sit for the mains examination which is also for 300 marks.
To apply, aspirants must be a citizen of India and a native of Tamil Nadu.
There is no negative marking in the exam.
No, after the submission of the form, no correction is allowed.
Leave a Reply