TNTET 2020: Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) has released the tentative schedule for the TNTET 2020. Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET) is a state-level examination for the certification of candidates as eligible for teacher recruitment. TNTET 2020 consists of two papers viz. Paper I and Paper-II. Applicants who wish to teach classes 1 to 5 have to apply for Paper I. To teach classes 6 to 8, applicants have to apply for Paper-II. Get here complete details for TNTET 2020 including exam date, the application process, exam pattern, syllabus, answer key, result.
Latest: TNTET 2020 exam dates (tentative) are released. Check the notification below.
Candidates applying for TNTET 2020 have to fill the separate application form for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Get important dates for TNTET 2020 from the dates table provided below:
|Notification release||04 May 2020 (tentative)|
|Application process||To be announced|
|Release of admit card||To be announced|
|Examination date||27 June and 28 June 2020 (tentative)|
|Release of answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
TNTET 2020 Exam Date Notification
The tentative schedule for examination dates for TNTET 2020 is now out. Check the TNTET 2020 exam date notification below:
Disclaimer: TNTET 2020 notification is not yet released. The information provided on this page is based on the previous notification. Soon after TRB releases the notification, we will update it here.
Overview of TNTET 2020
NCTE guidelines impose that any candidate aspiring to be a teacher of Class I to VIII must possess specific qualifications. Among such qualifications, the candidate must have passed the relevant Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the state or central education department/board/council. Thus, the Tamil Nadu TET exam is conducted with the purpose of awarding the eligibility to qualifying candidates for recruitment as a teacher of the primary and upper primary level in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Here we have provided a brief overview of the exam for the convenience of aspirants of TNTET 2020.
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Teacher Recruitment Board, Tamil Nadu|
|Last conducted in||2019|
|Post details||Primary (Class I to V) teacher|
Upper Primary (Class VI to VIII) teacher
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fees||Rs 500/- for each paper|
TNTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TNTET 2020, check the eligibility criteria for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Minimum Qualifications for TNTET Paper-I (for classes I-V)
- 12th or its equivalent with minimum of 50% marks. Must have passed or is appearing in the final year of 2-year diploma in elementary education.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education in accordance with NCTE.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of 4 year B.El.Ed.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in 2 year diploma in education (special education).
- Graduation degree and must have passed or is appearing in 2 year diploma in elementary education
- Graduation degree with minimum 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in final year bachelor of education (B.Ed).
Minimum Qualifications for TNTET Paper-II (for classes VI-VII)
- Graduation degree and is appearing or have passed 2 year diploma in elementary education.
- Graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Must have passed or is appearing in the final year of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with a minimum of 45% marks. Must have passed or is appearing in the B.ED final year in accordance with NCTE.
- 12th or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the 4 year B.El.Ed.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of 4 year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Graduation with minimum 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of B.Ed (special education).
- Candidates who have appeared in B.Ed programme can also apply.
TNTET Application Form 2020
Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB) releases the TNTET 2020 application form online. To apply for TNTET 2020, refer to the procedure below:
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of TNTET, trb.tn.nic.in
- Before beginning with the application form, candidates have to register themselves. Enter all the details required for the registration.
- Click on the submit button to register for TNTET 2020.
- After registration, a unique user ID and password is displayed on the screen. Use these details to log in and fill the application form.
- Fill in the details required for TNTET 2020 application form.
- Next step is to upload the images of photograph and signature for TNTET application form.
- Before final submission of TNTET 2020 application form, take a preview of the form.
- Proceed to pay the TNTET 2020 application fee.
Check the examination fee for TNTET 2020 in the table below:
|SC, ST, SCA, and Person with Disability Candidates||Rs.250/-|
Mode of payment:
The submission of TNTET 2020 application fee can be done through online mode only
- Online mode: Net Banking/Credit Card / Debit Card
TNTET Syllabus 2020
Detailed syllabus of TNTET 2020 is released by the TRB, Tamil Nadu at the official website prior to the exam. Candidates must refer to the syllabus for early preparations and in order to secure higher marks in the exam. The syllabus is released in the pdf form at the TRB website for the convenience of aspirants which can be downloaded by visiting the same. Here we have provided a comprehensive list of all the major topics listed in the syllabus of TNTET 2020 exam.
Syllabus of Paper-1
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Environmental Studies and Science
Syllabus of Paper-2
- Child Development and Pedagogy
- Social Science
Recommended: Click here to download detailed TNTET Syllabus 2020
TNTET 2020 Exam Pattern
TNTET 2020 examination includes two paper – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers have different examination pattern. We have provided here TNTET 2020 examination pattern for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Common pattern for TNTET 2020
- Mode of examination: Offline examination (OMR based)
- Duration of examination: Paper 1 is conducted for 03 hours.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions are asked in TNTET 2020 Paper 1.
- Number of questions: 150 questions
- Maximum marks: 150 marks
Check out the marking criteria from below
|For correct answer||+1 mark|
|For incorrect answer||No negative marking|
Distribution of questions for Paper 1:
|Topics Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language II – English||30||30|
Distribution of questions for Paper 2:
|Topics Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy – Compulsory||30||30|
|Language I -Compulsory|
|Language II – English (Compulsory)||30||30|
|a) Mathematics and Science (For Mathematics and Science Teacher)|
b) Social Science (Social Science Teacher)
c) Any other Teacher either iv (a) or iv (b)
TNTET Hall Ticket 2020
Teacher Recruitment Board releases the admit card for TNTET 2020 through online process. Know more about TNTET hall ticket 2020 below:
- To download TNTET hall ticket 2020, candidates have to visit the official website, trb.tn.nic.in.
- Candidates require user ID and password to download TNTET 2020 hall ticket.
- In the TNTET admit card, date, time, and examination centre for the written examination is provided.
- TNTET admit card 2020 are not sent through post or any other mode.
- As per TRB guidelines, candidates are required to carry their TNTET 2020 admit card to the exam centre with a photo identity proof.
TNTET 2020 Preparation Tips
With the tentative schedule of TNTET 2020 already declared, it is important that candidates start earlt preparations to cover the syllabus in time. Before that, it is important to plan and strategize about how a candidate is going to approach the question paper using the learning gained from preparations. Therefore, planned and informed preparations are key to ace the TNTET 2020 exam. With this consideration, here we are providing some of the most important tips and tricks to go forward with the preparations for the TNTET 2020 exam.
- Make a study plan before starting preparation. This not only allows one to study and prepare in an organised manner but also helps to keep track of the progress of learning with time.
- Get all necessary learning resources before starting preparations. This includes all guidebooks, previous year papers, sample papers and mock tests that one needs to prepare for the exam. Look for various sources and these learning materials and often available absolutely free of cost over the internet.
- Allocate study hours to specific subjects/topics as per their priority. Prioritize subjects/topics to study as per your strengths and weakness in respect to the particular subject/topic. Make it a habit to complete study targets efficiently.
- Make short notes from whatever subject you study. Special consideration should be for the subjects of environmental studies, social science and science in general where candidates can use the short notes as last-minute preparation and revision material.
- Practice mathematics and science papers on pen and paper. This is going to render more clear and informed learning with the prospects of solving typical mathematics and science questions more efficiently in the exam hall.
TNTET Answer Key 2020
After the successful commencement of the examination, TRB releases the answers keys for the examination. Refer to the points mentioned below to know more about TNTET answer key 2020.
- To download TNTET answer key 2020, go to the official website, trb.tn.nic.in.
- The answers keys are available on the official website in PDF format.
- After the provisional answer key is released, TRB opens the window for raising an objection.
- A final answer key is released based on the objections raised by the applicants.
TNTET 2020 Cut Off Marks
Check the minimum qualifying marks required to qualify TNTET 2020.
|Teachers Eligibility Test||Qualifying Marks|
|General Category Candidates||60%|
|All Other Category(BC,BCM, MBC/DNC, SC, SCA, ST & PWD) Candidates||55%|
TNTET Result 2020
Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) declares the result for TNTET 2020 online. To check TNTET result 2020, refer the information below:
- To check the result candidates have to visit the official website, trb.tn.nic.in.
- TRB declares a separate result of TNTET 2020 Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Candidates can check TNTET 2020 result through login.
- Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks are awarded Teacher Eligibility Certificate.
- With Teacher Eligibility Certificate, qualified candidates can apply for various teaching post in Tamil Nadu’s government, semi-government and private sector schools.
TNTET 2020 Certificate
A passing certificate is awarded to all qualifying candidates of TNTET 2020 exam. The certificate is however released through the official website of the TRB, Tamil Nadu in the digital format. As such, candidates must download the certificate from the website as per schedule when they are published by the Board. The TNTET certificate is the proof that the candidate has qualified in the exam and therefore, holds the necessary eligibility conditions to appear for any teacher recruitment in the state of Tamil Nadu up to the level of upper primary. The TNTET Certificate is valid for up to a period of 07 years from the date of publication of the results on the official website.
The Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB) was set up in the year 1987 with the aim of selecting good teachers. The process of recruitment for the selection of teachers depends upon the categories and orders of the government. The recruitment process of teachers is free and transparent as it uses an Optical Mark Reader (OMR) technique. Till now, 1,56,839 teachers are recruited for various schools and colleges. Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB) holds the responsibility to conduct Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET).
TNTET 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can get important updates for TNTET from 2 websites - trb.tn.nic.in and trb.tnschools.gov.in.
Ans : To teach 7th standard, candidates have to apply for Paper 2 only.
Ans : Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks to qualify TNTET.
Ans : Candidates have to pay Rs.500/- as TNTET application fee.