TNTET 2020 – Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) has released the tentative schedule for the TNTET 2020. Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET) is a state-level examination for the selection of teachers post. TNTET 2020 consists of two papers- Paper I and Paper-II. Applicants who wish to teach classes 1 to 5 have to apply for Paper I. To teach classes 6 to 8, applicants have to apply for Paper-II. Get here complete details for TNTET 2020 including exam date, the application process, exam pattern, syllabus, answer key, result.
Latest: TNTET 2020 exam dates (tentative) are released. Check the notification below.
Candidates applying for TNTET 2020 have to fill the separate application form for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Get important dates for TNTET 2020 from the dates table provided below:
|TNTET 2020||Important Dates|
|Notification release date||04 May 2020 (tentative)|
|Application process||To be announced|
|Release of admit card||To be announced|
|Examination date||27 June and 28 June 2020 (tentative)|
|Release of answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
TNTET 2020 Exam Date Notification
The tentative schedule for examination dates for TNTET 2020 is now out. Check the TNTET 2020 exam date notification below:
TNTET 2020 notification is not yet released. The information provided in this page is based on TNTET 2019 notification. Soon after TRB releases the notification, we will update it here.
TNTET Application Form 2020
Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB) releases the TNTET 2020 application form online. To apply for TNTET 2020, refer to the procedure below:
How to apply?
- Visit the official website of TNTET, trb.tn.nic.in
- Before beginning with the application form, candidates have to register themselves. Enter all the details required for the registration.
- Click on the submit button to register for TNTET 2020.
- After registration, a unique user ID and password is displayed on the screen. Use these details to log in and fill the application form.
- Fill in the details required for TNTET 2020 application form.
- Next step is to upload the images of photograph and signature for TNTET application form.
- Before final submission of TNTET 2020 application form, take a preview of the form.
- Proceed to pay the TNTET 2020 application fee.
Check the examination fee for TNTET 2019 in the table below:
|SC, ST, SCA, and Person with Disability Candidates||Rs.250/-|
Mode of payment:
The submission of TNTET 2020 application fee can be done through online mode only
- Online mode: Net Banking/Credit Card / Debit Card
TNTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for TNTET 2020, check the eligibility criteria for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Minimum Qualifications for TNTET Paper-I (for classes I-V)
- 12th or its equivalent with minimum of 50% marks. Must have passed or is appearing in the final year of 2-year diploma in elementary education.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of 2 year diploma in elementary education in accordance with NCTE.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of 4 year B.El.Ed.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in 2 year diploma in education (special education).
- Graduation degree and must have passed or is appearing in 2 year diploma in elementary education
- Graduation degree with minimum 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in final year bachelor of education (B.Ed).
Minimum Qualifications for TNTET Paper-II (for classes VI-VII)
- Graduation degree and is appearing or have passed 2 year diploma in elementary education.
- Graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Must have passed or is appearing in the final year of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with a minimum of 45% marks. Must have passed or is appearing in the B.ED final year in accordance with NCTE.
- 12th or its equivalent with minimum 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the 4 year B.El.Ed.
- 12th or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of 4 year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Graduation with minimum 50% marks and have passed or is appearing in the final year of B.Ed (special education).
- Candidates who have appeared in B.Ed programme can also apply.
TNTET 2020 Cut off Marks
Check the minimum qualifying marks required to qualify TNTET 2020.
|Teachers Eligibility Test||Qualifying Marks|
|General Category Candidates||60%|
|All Other Category(BC,BCM, MBC/DNC, SC, SCA, ST & PWD) Candidates||55%|
TNTET 2020 Exam Pattern
TNTET 2020 examination includes two paper – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both the papers have different examination pattern. We have provided here TNTET 2020 examination pattern for Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Common pattern for TNTET 2020
- Mode of examination: Offline examination (OMR based)
- Duration of examination: Paper 1 is conducted for 03 hours.
- Type of questions: Multiple chice questions are asked in TNTET 2020 Paper 1.
- Number of questions: 150 questions
- Maximum marks: 150 marks
- Marking scheme:
|For correct answer||+1 mark|
|For incorrect answer||No negative marking|
Distribution of questions for Paper 1:
|Topics Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Language II – English||30||30|
Distribution of questions for Paper 2:
|Topics Name||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy – Compulsory||30||30|
|Language I -Compulsory|
|Language II – English (Compulsory)||30||30|
|a) Mathematics and Science (For Mathematics and Science Teacher)|
b) Social Science (Social Science Teacher)
c) Any other Teacher either iv (a) or iv (b)
TNTET Hall Ticket 2020
Teacher Recruitment Board releases the admit card for TNTET 2020 through online process. Know more about TNTET hall ticket 2020 below:
- To download NTET hall ticket 2020, candidates have to visit the official website, trb.tn.nic.in.
- Candidates require user ID and password to download TNTET 2020 hall ticket.
- In the TNTET admit card, date, time, and examination centre for the written examination is provided.
- TNTET admit card 2020 are not sent through post or any other mode.
- As per TRB guidelines, candidates are required to carry their TNTET 2020 admit card to the exam centre with a photo identity proof.
TNTET Answer Key 2020
After the successful commencement of the examination, TRB releases the answers keys for the examination. Refer to the points mentioned below to know more about TNTET answer key 2020.
- To download TNTET answer key 2020, go to the official website, trb.tn.nic.in.
- The answers keys are available on the official website in PDF format.
- After the provisional answer key is released, TRB opens the window for raising an objection.
- A final answer key is released based on the objections raised by the applicants.
TNTET Result 2020
Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) declares the result for TNTET 2020 online. To check TNTET result 2020, refer the information below:
- To check the result candidates have to visit the official website, trb.tn.nic.in.
- TRB declares a separate result of TNTET 2020 Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Candidates can check TNTET 2020 result through login.
- Candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks are awarded Teacher Eligibility Certificate.
- With Teacher Eligibility Certificate, qualified candidates can apply for various teaching post in Tamil Nadu’s government, semi-government and private sector schools.
The Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB) was set up in the year 1987 with the aim of selecting good teachers. The process of recruitment for the selection of teachers depends upon the categories and orders of the government. The recruitment process of teachers is free and transparent as it use Optical Mark Reader (OMR) technique. Till now, 1,56,839 teachers are recruited for various schools and colleges. Teacher Recruitment Board (TRB) holds the responsibility to conduct Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test (TNTET).
For more Information regarding the TNTET 2019 Download Advertisement.
TNTET 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can get important updates for TNTET from 2 websites - trb.tn.nic.in and trb.tnschools.gov.in.
Ans : To teach 7th standard, candidates have to apply for Paper 2 only.
Ans : Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks to qualify TNTET.
Ans : Candidates have to pay Rs.500/- as TNTET application fee.