Tripura TET 2020: Tripura Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) conducts the TET exam to qualify eligible candidates for teacher recruitment. The Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) certificate is mandatory to apply for any teaching jobs in the state of Tripura. Tripura TRB conducts the TET exam once a year and all necessary communications are conventionally made through the official website i.e. trb.tripura.gov.in. Last year, the notification came out in March. So we are expecting the official notice for Tripura TET 2020 to come out soon. Get all the information of the Tripura TET 2020 exam in this article. Follow this page to get all latest updates about the 2020 exam.
Latest: NCTE has extended the validity period for TET certificate from 07 years to lifetime. This change is also implied on Tripura TET certificate. Check the notice below.
Tripura TET 2020
Teachers Recruitment Board, Tripura conducts the examination for Tripura Teacher Eligibility Test. The schedule for Tripura TET is not yet decided. Soon after the new notification releases we will update it on our page.
|Official notice||To be announced|
|Start of online application||To be announced|
|Last date to finalize form||To be announced|
|Last date to pay fees||To be announced|
|Admit card release||To be announced|
|Exam date||To be announced|
|Results||To be announced|
Overview of Tripura TET 2020
Tripura TET is a state-level teacher eligibility test conducted for the eligibility of the future teachers. Like other teacher eligibility test (TET), Tripura TET is also conducted twice a year. Know everything about Tripura TET 2020 below.
- Tripura TET 2020 an eligibility exam conducted by the TRB in Tripura.
- Qualifiers are awarded certificates of eligibility to apply for teaching jobs.
- The exam consists of two papers for the primary and elementary levels of teaching qualification.
- As per NCTE norms, it is compulsory to have the TET certificate issued by the TRB to apply for any teaching jobs in the state of Tripura.
Tripura TET 2020 Certificate
TRB issues the final TET certificate and mark sheets to qualified candidates after the document verification process. As per the last update from NCTE, the validity period for the TET certificate is now extended. Now, candidates can utilize their Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) certificate for a period of a lifetime. Earlier, candidates were only allowed to use the certificate for 07 years. This means that candidates appearing and qualifying for Tripura TET can use their certificate for a period of a lifetime. Refer to the notice below.
Syllabus of Tripura TET 2020 exam
All questions in the exam are as per the official syllabus prescribed by TRB. Candidates can download the syllabus from the official website or here. Check out the indicative syllabus of Tripura TET 2020 below.
Syllabus of Paper-I
- Child development & pedagogy
- Language-1 (English)
- Language-2 (Bengali or Kokborok)
- Environmental Studies
Syllabus of Paper-II
- Child development and pedagogy
- Language-1 (English)
- Language-2 (Bengali or Kokborok)
- Social Studies
Click here to get the latest Tripura TET 2020 syllabus and download links.
Tripura TET 2020 Exam Pattern
Tripura TET 2020 exam consists of two papers of 150 marks each. Paper-I is for those who want to qualify for teaching recruitment at the primary level (Class I to V). On the other hand, Paper- II is for those who want to qualify for teaching recruitment at the elementary level (Class VI to VIII). We have covered the exam pattern in details below.
- Language: English & Bengali language (Except Kokborok subject)
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Sections: 05 subjects in Paper-I; 04 subjects in Paper-II
- Number of questions: 150 questions per paper.
- Type of questions: All MCQ type questions
Check out subject-wise marks distribution in each paper below.
Masks distribution in Paper-I
|Child Development |
|Language I: English||30||30|
|Language II: |
Bengali or Kokborok
Masks distribution in Paper-II
|Child Development |
|Language I (English): |
|Language II (Bengali or |
|For Mathematics and |
Mathematics and Science
|For Social Studies Teachers:|
|For any other Teachers:|
Either Maths & Science or
In both papers, candidates get 1 mark for the correct answer. There is no negative marking for incorrect answer. Wherever candidates leave a question, they neither get marks for it nor is there any negative marking for it.
How to prepare for Tripura TET 2020
Teacher Eligibility Tests is usually easy to qualify. However, candidates have to clear their basics and make sure that they prepare for Tripura TET as per the syllabus. Note down the important topics referring to Tripura TET syllabus and start the preparation. Candidates must know about the weightage of different sections of the paper. This can be done with reference to Tripura TET exam pattern.
There are a lot of different topics that varies from basic concepts to the type of questions asked in exam. Maintain a notebook of such topics to segregate the topics candidates have studies and have to study before beginning with the revision.
Discussing of revision, the best way to revise topics is to practice the questions based on the concepts. Use Tripura TET previous year question paper to practise and revise what aspirants have studied so far.
Eligibility Criteria for Tripura TET 2020
Candidates must be compliant with the specified minimum conditions for eligibility in order to apply for Tripura TET 2020 exam. Although there are no restrictions in the maximum age to appear in the exam. Check out the eligibility conditions below.
There is no age limit for teaching aspirants for appearing in Teacher Eligibility Test. However, it is important to note that Under Graduate Teacher Recruitment for classes 1 to 5, and Graduate Teacher Recruitment for classes 6 to 8, may have age limits as per recruitment rules of the Government of Tripura as applicable at time of recruitment.
Basic eligibility conditions
- Candidate should be a citizen of India
- Candidate should reside in Tripura and have a Permanent Resident Certificate
Basic Educational Qualifications
- Must have passed class 12 relevant teacher education qualification for T-TET 2020 Paper-I
- Graduation with relevant qualification in teacher education for T-TET 2020 Paper-II
Note: SC, ST, PH category candidates get up to 5% relaxation in qualifying marks.
Eligibility Criteria for Paper 1
- Class 12 with 50% marks and 2-year D.El.Ed (or 1-yr D.Ed up to current session). OR
- Class 12 with 45% marks and 2-year D.El.Ed as per NCTE (or 1-yr D.Ed up to current session). OR
- Class 12 with 50% marks and 4-year B.El.Ed. OR
- Class 12 with 50% marks and 2-year D.Ed. (Special Education). OR
- Graduation with 2-year D.El.Ed (or 1-yr D.Ed up to current session). OR
- Graduation with 50% marks and B.Ed. OR
- Class 12 having at least 50% marks (according to relaxations in qualification directed by HRD notification dated 04/01/2019). OR
- Graduate degree in any discipline ( according to relaxations in the qualification based on directives prescribed through MHRD notification dated 04/01/2019).
A candidate having B. Ed. obtained from an institute recognized by the NCTE and having passed by securing a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation is considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher must undergo a Bridge Course of six months duration in Elementary Education from an institution recognized by the NCTE, within two years of such appointment as a primary teacher.
Eligibility Criteria for Paper 2
- Graduation and 2-year D.El.Ed (or 1-yr D.Ed up to current session). OR
- Graduation with 50% marks and B.Ed. OR
- Graduation with 45% marks and B.Ed. as per NCTE. OR
- Class 12 with 50% marks and 4-year B.El.Ed. OR
- Graduation with 50% marks and B.Ed. (Special Education). OR
- Class 12 with 50% marks and 4-years BA/BSc Ed or BA Ed / BSc Ed.
Relaxation in marks
For both paper 1 and paper 2 of Tripura TET 2020, there is a relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks for candidates belonging to the SC / ST / PH category. They should have a relevant category certificate from Tripura’s competent authority only.
Regarding Graduation Marks
- In the case of a successful Honours candidate, they must have 50% (or 45% as the case may be) marks in only Honours Subject. Only then they become eligible for T-TET Paper-II given the candidate passed all Elective Subjects.
- Those who secured 50% (or 45% as the case may be) marks overall taking marks of Honours and Pass Subjects are eligible for T-TET Paper I and Paper-II.
- Such applicants who passed Graduation in Pass Course with 50% (or 45% as the case may be) marks overall is eligible for T-TET Paper I and T-TET Paper-II.
- If a candidate comes under Old Course who passed without Honours with 50% (or 45% as the case may be) marks overall in Part-I (Pass Course of 2- Years Duration) then he/she is also eligible for T-TET Paper I and T-TET Paper-II.
Tripura TET 2020 Application Form
Applications for the Tripura TET 2020 exam can be submitted online within the specified schedule. The online application link is activated at the website of the Board. Candidates must note that no other forms of application are accepted by the TRB for this exam.
Important points to remember before applying online
- Candidates can fill the Online Application Form at trb.tripura.gov.in as per the schedule above.
- One should determine eligibility before applying.
- Prior to clicking on the application form link, one should keep scanned copies of the photograph and signature.
- Also, keep official documents handy to check data while filling them in form.
- After filling all details in the form, and paying the application fee, the candidate will get Acknowledgement Page. Keep this safely.
- If the acknowledgement page is not generated with 72 hours of fee payment, candidates should report the same to the TRB office along with proof of fee paid.
How to apply online?
- Visit the official website of Tripura TRB at trb.tripura.gov.in.
- Click apply online link.
- Then create a profile to do the registration.
- Once registration is complete, note down the registration number, this will be the user name.
- Then log in using registration number and password.
- Then enter all details in Tripura TET 2020 Online Application Form.
- After that, upload photograph and signature
- Then, pay the application fee.
- Login after fee payment to download the acknowledgement page.
The scanned images of the photograph and signature to be uploaded with the application form must be within the specified size and in format. Check out the details below.
The application fee must be deposited during the online application process. Candidates can pay fees using debit cards, credit cards, Internet banking. The specified fee as per category is provided in the table below.
|SC / ST / PH||Rs 200|
Tripura TET 2020 Admit Card
TRB Tripura releases the admit cards for the TET exam just before the exam. It is published through the official website of the Board. Candidates must download the admit card by logging in at the website using the generated user id and password at the application process. Tripura TET 2020 admit card is available from trb.tripura.gov.in as per schedule.
Candidates must note that the admit card is mandatory and no candidates are allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card. If there is any discrepancy, then they should bring it to the notice of the Tripura TRB within 3 days of the last date to downloading the admit card. besides, if candidates are appearing in Paper 1 as well as Paper 2, then they will get separate admit cards for each paper.
Important Exam Day Instructions for Tripura TET 2020
- Candidates should come to exam hall on time with their admit card.
- They must also bring black ball point pen, and one photo bearing identity card such as AADHAAR Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / Voter ID Card.
- Candidates must not bring bags, books, mobile phones, tab or any other communication device in exam centre.
- It is important to reach test centre at least 1 hour prior to exam.
- Also, one should be seated in roll number specific seat at least 30 minutes prior to exam.
- Candidates must read instructions in admit card to know do’s and don’ts of exam day.
Tripura TET 2020 Exam Centers
The Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted in centers across the state of Tripura. Candidates can get centers in any of the 8 districts of Tripura. Complete list of districts of Tripura is as follows:
During application form filling, candidates must exercise the choice of exam center. TRBT shall not entertain center change requests at any time. The Centre assigned to the candidate will be displayed on the admit card. Candidates may note that they will not get any travelling or accommodation allowances.
Tripura TET 2020 Answer Key
- Answer key containing answers of all questions asked in the exam is published by TRBT at the official website, after the exam.
- Candidates can check the er key to know answers and estimate their score.
- They can also submit doubts, confusions, queries to the board in the prescribed format.
- Along with challenges, candidates have to pay a fee of Rs 500 per question, using Demand Draft of SBI drawn in favor of Teachers’ Recruitment Board, Tripura.
- Board will look into all submissions of candidates that they received by a deadline.
- On the basis of inputs from test-takers, and views of subject matter experts in them, there will be a final answer key for the purpose of evaluation of the exam.
Checking of Papers Using Answer Key
The Tripura TRB utilizes a fully computerized system in order to check answer sheets of TET aspirants. An Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) software scans sheets and matches them with correct answers. This ensures that the process is error-free. Therefore the board does not accept any re-checking or re-valuation requests. On the basis of the final answer key and checking of papers as per it, TRB announces the result of the Tripura TET 2020 exam.
Tripura TET 2020 Result
- Teachers’ Recruitment Board, Tripura announces the T-TET 2020 Result at the official website.
- Candidates can know marks obtained, percentage through it.
- Candidates must undergo a certificate verification once they qualify the exam.
- It is necessary for in-service candidates to give No Objection Certificate from employer, at time of certificate verification.
- The result of Tripura TET 2020 is purely provisional and only for immediate information of test takers. It will not be final result and finalization shall reply on accuracy of data provided by applicants and them satisfying eligibility criteria.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
|UR||90 out of 150|
|SC / ST / PH||83 out of 150|
Tripura TET 2020 Document Verification
Tripura TRB verifies academic and professional qualifications including other relevant certificates of qualified candidates. For the purpose of certificate verification, qualified candidates must bring original copies as well as 2 (two) sets of self-attested photocopy of all these documents.
- All original mark sheets and pass certificates.
- Admit Card of matriculation / madhyamik as proof of age
- Caste certificate (if any)
- PH certificate (if any)
- Tripura TET 2020 Admit Card
- Acknowledgement Page of Tripura TET 2020 application.
Scope of Tripura TET 2020
Candidates may note that qualifying the teacher eligibility test and getting its certificate does not directly entitle them to get a job. Qualifying TET is only a requirement to be fulfilled for primary and elementary level teacher recruitment. In order to get a job, candidates have to undergo the Tripura Teacher Recruitment process as and when the TRB advertises vacancies.
- When it comes to teacher recruitment, candidates who have minimum qualification as per NCTE notification 23.08.2010 will get priority. After them, candidates with relaxed qualifications will be considered.
- Candidates must read T-TET 2020 Information Brochure / Prospectus / Bulletin first, before applying for the exam.
- The exam conducting body does not verify eligibility at the time of issuing the admit card. Therefore candidature is purely provisional.
- Thus, it is always the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she is eligible.
- If at any time, authorities discover that one is not eligible for TET, then candidature of such candidate can be cancelled at any time.
Disclaimer: Information on this page is as per the previous iteration of the Tripura TET exam. Stay tuned to get the latest updates of Tripura TET 2020 as released by the TRB Tripura.
About Tripura TET exam
The Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) is conducted twice a year. It is Tripura’s own state-level teacher qualification test. Tripura TET is conducted by the Teacher Recruitment Board in Tripura. The examination is conducted to qualify eligible candidates for recruitment as a teacher in the state. Qualifying candidates are provided a certificate of eligibility. This certificate is valid for up to 07 years. Get more information about the TRB at the official website i.e. trb.tripura.gov.in.
Official website: trb.tripura.gov.in