WB SET Result 2020– West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has declared the WB SET result at wbcsc.org.in. Candidates can check WB SET 2020 Result by entering their login credentials such as their Username and Password. To qualify WB SET, general candidates are required to have 40% marks, and the reserved (SC / ST/ OBC / Transgender / PwD categories need to have 35% marks. To be declared as qualified, the performance of the candidates is assessed as per the reservation policy. To know more about WB SET Result 2020, candidates can read this article.
Latest: WB SET (22nd) Result 2020 is out. Check below.
WB SET Result 2020
WB SET Result 2020 is announced at the candidate’s login. To know more about WB SET Result 2020, candidates can check the table given below:
|WB SET Result 2020||Important Dates|
|Date of examination||19 Jan 2020|
|Declaration of the result||10 Jul 2020|
Check Here: Click here to check WB SET Result 2020.
WB SET Result 2020 Declaration Notice
WB SET Result Compilation 2020
By following certain things the result is compiled for the candidates who gave WB SET. The compilation consists of the following steps:
- Number of candidates to be qualified for WB SET (total slots) = 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of SET.
- The total slots are allocated as per the reservation policy of Govt. of West Bengal.
- To be WB SET qualified, candidates are required to secure minimum 40% as an aggregate of both the papers for General / Unreserved candidates and 35% as an aggregate for reserved categories such as SC / ST / OBC (non- creamy layer)/ PwD / Transgender.
Following method can be used to declare the candidates as qualified-
- Number of candidates to be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject English, for instance, ST category
- A number of candidates belonging to ST category who have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in English * Total slots available for ST category divided by Total number of candidates belonging to ST category overall subjects who have qualified.
WB SET Qualifying Marks 2020
As of now, WB SET result 2020 is not yet declared. So, till then candidates refer to the information provided below for the reference.
Following things will be considered to define the candidate as “Qualified”
Top 6% of those candidates who appeared in the exam and have secured minimum 40% marks in aggregate in both papers (35% for SC/ST/OBC/NCL and PWD/Transgender) are declared qualified.
How To Check WB SET Result 2020?
There are few steps which candidates have to follow in order to view their results. Candidates can follow the steps given below to check WB SET result:
- Click on the link mentioned above or visit the website or visit the official website.
- Click on the link flashing as “Result”.
- Enter the same username and password which were sent to you at the time of filling the application form.
- After entering the details specified above, the result screen will open.
WB SET Cut Off Marks
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has released the cut off marks for the State Eligibility Test. The subject wise cut off marks have been released for the examination online. Even the Commission has categories the cut off marks as per the category of the candidates.
Cut off Marks: Click here to check the Cut Off Marks of WB SET 2018.
Selection Process of WB SET 2020
The selection process of WB SET exam involves three steps.
1. Clearing cut off
Candidates are required to clear the cut-off set by the Commission in order to be declared as Qualified. Just clearing the exam does not guarantee recruitment. The selection is also dependent on the reservation policy.
Top 06% per cent of appeared candidates who are able to secure 40% marks belonging to the General category and candidates who belong to the reserved category (ST/SC/OBC) must have obtained at least 35% aggregate marks in the test will be declared as qualified and they will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.
2. Compilation of WB SET Merit List
A Merit List is prepared as per the reservation of the categories and the scores obtained by the candidate.
3. Declaration of qualified candidates
Out of the candidates placed in the merit list, top candidates for each subject and category are declared qualified in the State Eligibility Test in the WB SET Results. Such qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the posts of Assistant Professors.
West Bengal College Service Commission was established after the West Bengal Legislative Assembly act was passed in the year 1979. The main objective for the formation of WBCSC is to recommend principles to government-aided colleges, suggesting Assistant Professors and Librarians, conducting SET exam. The commencement of WB SET exam is one of the important assigned duties to WBCSC. In the year 2017, around 43692 candidates appeared for the exam out of which 2842 candidate (that is 6.5 per cent candidates) qualified the exam.