WB SET Result 2020– West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) declares the Cut Off Marks of WB SET wbcsc.org.in. Candidates can check WB SET 2020 Result by entering their login credentials such as their Username and Password. To qualify WB SET, General candidates are required to have 40% marks and the reserved (SC / ST/ OBC / Transgender / PwD categories need to have 35% marks. To be declared as qualified, the performance of the candidates will be assessed as per the reservation policy. To know more about WB SET Result 2020, candidates can read this article.
WB SET Result 2020
WB SET Result 2020 is going to be announced at the candidate’s login. To know more about WB SET Result 2020, candidates can check the table given below:
|WB SET Result 2020||Important Dates|
|Date of examination||19 Jan 2020|
|Declaration of the result||to be announced|
Check Here: Candidates can check WB SET Result 2020 as per the schedule from www.wbcsconline.in
WB SET Result Compilation 2020
By following certain things the result will be compiled for the candidates who gave WB SET. The compilation consists of the following steps:
- No. of candidates to be qualified (total slots) = 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of SET.
- The total slots will be allocated as per the reservation policy of Govt. of West Bengal.
- To be Qualified, candidates are required to secure 40% as an aggregate of both the papers for General / Unreserved candidates and 35% as an aggregate for reserved categories such as SC / ST / OBC (non- creamy layer)/ PwD / Transgender.
Following method can be used to declare the candidates as qualified-
- No. of candidates to be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor in the subject English, for instance, ST category
- No. of candidates belonging to ST category who have qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor in English * Total slots available for ST category divided by Total no. of candidates belonging to ST category over all subjects who have qualified.
WB SET Qualifying Marks 2020
As of now WBSC has not released the official notification for WB SET. So, till then candidates refer to the information provided below for the reference.
Following things will be considered to define the candidate as “Qualified”
Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appeared in both two papers and have secured at least 40% aggregate marks (General) and 35% aggregate marks (SC / ST / OBC / NCL and PwD / Transgender) will be declared Qualified.
WB SET Cut Off Marks
The West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) has released the cut off marks for the State Eligibility Test. The subject wise cut off marks has been released for the examination. Even the Commission has categories the cut off marks as per the category of the candidates.
Cut off Marks: Click here to check the Cut Off Marks of WB SET 2018.
How To Check WB SET Result 2020?
There are few steps which candidates have to follow in order to view their results. Candidates can check the steps given below for the same:
- Click on the link mentioned above or visit the website or visit the official website.
- Click on the link flashing as “Result”.
- Enter the same username and password which were sent to you at the time of filling the application form.
- After entering the details specified above, the result screen will open.
Selection Process of WB SET 2020
Now the selection process involves three steps.
1. Clearing cut off
Candidates are required to clear the cut-off set by the Commission in order to be declared as Qualified. Just clearing the exam does not guarantee recruitment. The selection is also dependent on the reservation policy.
Top 6% of the appearing candidates who appear in all three papers in the West Bengal State Eligibility Test and must have secure at least 40% aggregate marks for candidates belonging to the General category and candidates who belong to the reserved category (ST/SC/OBC) must have obtained at least 35% aggregate marks in the test will be declared as qualified and they will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.
2. Compilation of WB SET Merit List
A Merit List is prepared as per the reservation of the categories and the scores obtained by the ca
3. Declaration of qualified candidates
Out of the candidates placed in the merit list, top candidates for each subject and category are declared qualified in the State Eligibility Test in the WB SET Results. Such qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the posts of Assistant Professors.
State Eligibility Test is conducted by West Bengal College Service Commission for the recruitment of Assistant Professor. This test is conducted only for the West Bengal state. There are 2 papers in this exam. Both of the papers have objective type questions in it. Paper 1 is of 1 hour duration and Paper 2 is of 2 hours duration. The recruitment of the Assitant Professors will depend on their performance in both the papers. The questions in both the papers are framed in such a way which tests the teaching and reasoning ability of the candidates. Paper 2 has questions related to the subjects chosen by the candidates.
Candidates are required to get the minimum qualifying marks in order to get selected as Assitant Professors.