West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) is hosting the 20th State Eligibility Test to recruit knowledgeable, qualified and result-oriented aspirants for the post of Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges of West Bengal. The Commission conducts the exam on an annual basis in offline mode i.e., on OMR Sheet. The applications had been invited online on the official portal www.wbcsc.org.in. The candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility conditions before the online application process of WB SET 2017. This page includes the official timeline, criteria for eligibility, application process, exam pattern, information about WB SET 2017 Admit Card & Result. You will get all the required links on this page.
West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET 2017)
The online application process has already begun and for rest of the future events, you may refer to the following timeline.
|Commencement of Online Application||01 Aug 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application||31 Aug 2017|
|Final Date to Submit the Application Fee||05 Sep 2017|
|Date of Examination||03 Dec 2017|
|Date of Model Answer Key||20 Dec 2017|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
|Question Paper & Answers||Click Here|
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Before reading the page, go through the following information to know the main things about the exam.
|Name of the Conducting Body||West Bengal College Service Commission|
|Name of the Examination||20th State Eligibility Test|
|Name of the Post||Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges of West Bengal|
|Selection Procedure||Qualification in Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
Top 6% candidates in the Merit List
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode (OMR Sheet)|
- General category candidates must have obtained at least 55% aggregate & those belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in the Master’s Degree or equivalent examination recognised by UGC.
- Those aspirants who have appeared or will be appearing for the final year exam of Master’s Degree can also apply.
- Candidates who had completed Master’s Degree by 19th September 1991 and are current PhD degree holders will be eligible and get a relaxation of 5% aggregate.
- He/She is eligible to apply if holds postgraduate diploma/ certificate awarded by Indian University OR foreign degree/ diploma/ certificate awarded by the foreign University.
There is no upper age limit in order to appear for WB SET 2017.
- The Online Application Form will be available on the official portal.
- The applicants must fill the details accurately and cross verify them after filling the application form.
- Incomplete application forms will not be accepted by WBCSC.
- It is highly recommended to fill the application form way before the deadline to ensure that you do not counter any server problem in future.
- Once you have filled the WB SET 2017 Application Form, you must take a printout of the hard copy for future reference.
- The aspirants need not send any hard copy of their application form.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment
- The payment towards the WB SET 2017 Application Fee can be done either by online mode (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking) or through offline mode (e-challan).
- In the case of e-challan, the fee can be deposited at any Branch of the United Bank of India.
- Bank Charges will be applicable plus the service tax.
- Once an aspirant has deposited the fee, then, it will be non-refundable.
- Application Fee for WB SET 2017 is as follows.
|Name of the Category||Amount of Application Fee|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD||Rs.500/-|
- The Examination will be offline based i.e., on OMR sheet provided along test booklet.
- The WB SET 2017 will comprise of three papers.
- The objective type questions will be asked in the paper.
- 2 marks will be allocated for each correct answer and there will be no negative marking applicable to incorrect answers.
- Paper I includes 60 questions out of which only 50 questions need to be answered.
- Paper II and Paper III includes 50 and 75 questions respectively and all questions are mandatory to be attempted.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration of Exam|
|I||60 (50 questions to be attempted)||100||9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.|
|II||50 questions||100||11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|III||75 questions||150||2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
The Applications have been invited for the 20th SET for the posts of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges of West Bengal in the mentioned subjects.
|Name of the Subjects|
|2||Bengali||12||Chemical Sciences||22||Computer Science and Applications|
|5||Urdu||15||Mathematical Sciences||25||Mass Communication & Journalism|
|7||Economics||17||Sociology||27||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences|
|9||Philosophy||19||Library & Information Science||29||Law|
|10||Political Science||20||Physical Education||30||Nepali|
WB SET 2017 Admit Card
- The e-admit card will be available on the official portal two weeks prior to the commencement of the examination.
- The registered candidates can download the admit card online and must carry it to the examination on day of the exam.
- It contains important information about the candidate such as Name, Registration Number, Examination Schedule, Examination Venue Address, etc.
WB SET 2017 Examination Centres
Here is the complete list of examination centres for the conduct of WB SET 2017.
|South 24 Pgs||Murshidabad|
|North 24 Pgs||Malda|
|Purba Medinipur||Paschim Medinipur|
WB SET 2017 Result
- The leading 6% candidates in the order of merit will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.
- The cutoff marks for the general candidates will be 40% aggregate in all three papers and SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD will require 35% aggregate to qualify the exam.
- The WB SET 2017 Result will be uploaded on the official website of WBCSC and the direct link will be provided on this page upon the declaration.