West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) – is conducting the 21 SET of West Bengal. The WB SET 2018 is rescheduled to be held on December 02, 2018. Earlier the examination was supposed to be held on December 09, 2018. But UGC NET is conducting on the same day so the exam has been rescheduled. The notification released on August 16, 2018. The candidates who found themselves eligible applied in the given time frame. Now they will be issued the admit card for the examination. After conduction of the examination, WB College Service Commission will declare the result. Get here all the details of WB SET 2018.
West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET 2018)
The online application process has already begun and for rest of the future events, you may refer to the following timeline.
|WB SET 2018||Important Dates|
|Commencement of Online Application||16 Aug 2018|
|Last date to submit an online application||15 Sep 2018|
|Last date to the online application fee||15 Sep 2018|
|The deadline to submit the fee offline in the bank||20 Sep 2018|
|Correction application form||28 Sep 2018|
|Availability of admit card||To be announced|
|Conduction of examination|
|Declaration of the final result||To be announced|
Official Notification To Reschedule The Exam
Bell Time for WB SET 2018
As we know this examination is conducted in a single day and there are two papers which have to be attempted by every candidate. So the candidates are advised to check the bell time of the examination in advance.
|Activities in the exam hall||Paper I||Paper II|
|Entry in the Examination Hall||08.00 AM||10.45 AM|
|Distribution of Test Booklet||09.20 AM||10.50 AM|
|Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/ opened to take out the
|09.25 AM||10.55 AM|
|Last entry in the Examination Hall||09.30 AM||11.00 AM|
|Exam Commences||09.30 AM||11.00 AM|
|Exam concludes||10.30 AM||01.00 PM|
21st WB SET 2018 Overview
Name of the Conducting Body –West Bengal College Service Commission
Name of the Examination – 21th State Eligibility Test
Name of the Post – Assistant Professor in Universities/ Colleges of West Bengal
Selection Procedure –Qualification in Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
Mode of Examination – Offline Mode (OMR Sheet)
Top 6% candidates in the Merit List
Eligibility Criteria of WB SET 2018
The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by Commission is eligible to apply.
- General category candidates must have obtained at least 55% aggregate & those belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD categories must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in the Master’s Degree or equivalent examination recognized by UGC.
- Those aspirants who have appeared or will be appearing for the final year exam of Master’s Degree can also apply.
- Candidates who had completed Master’s Degree by 19th September 1991 and are current Ph.D. degree holders will be eligible and get a relaxation of 5% aggregate.
- He/She is eligible to apply if holds postgraduate diploma/ certificate awarded by Indian University OR foreign degree/ diploma/ certificate awarded by the foreign University.
There is no upper age limit in order to appear for WB SET 2018.
Application Process of WB SET 2018
The Commission released the application form as per the schedule has given above. The candidates who were eligible and interested fill the application form as per the schedule The application form was released online apart from the no other mode was there to apply.
Application Fee & Mode of Payment
- The payment towards the WB SET 2018 Application Fee can be done either by online mode (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Internet Banking) or through offline mode (e-challan).
- In the case of e-challan, the fee can be deposited at any Branch of the United Bank of India.
- Bank Charges will be applicable plus the service tax.
- Once an aspirant has deposited the fee, then, it will be non-refundable.
- Application Fee for WB SET 2018 is as follows.
|Name of the Category||Amount of Application Fee|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD||Rs.500/-|
WB SET 2018 Admit Card
As application process is over now so the candidates who have filled the application form in time will be issued the admit card for the examination. The commission issues the admit card two weeks prior to the examination. It is mandatory to carry admit card on the day of examination. In order to download the admit card, the candidates have to enter the login credentails. The admit card contains important information about the candidate such as Name, Registration Number, Examination Schedule, Examination Venue Address, etc.
WB SET 2018 Examination Centres
Here is the complete list of examination centers for the conduct of WB SET 2018.
|South 24 Pgs||Murshidabad|
|North 24 Pargana||Malda|
|Purba Medinipur||Paschim Medinipur|
|South 24 Pargana||Darjeeling|
Name Of Subjects in WB SET 2018
WB SEt is conducting for 30 subjects. The candidates can opt for any one of the exams. The list of the subjects is as well.
|Bengali||Chemical Sciences||Computer Science|
|Urdu||Mathematical Sciences||Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Economics||Sociology||Earth, Atmospheric, Oceanography & Planetary Sciences|
|Philosophy||Library & Information Science||Law|
|Political Science||Physical Education||Nepali|
Exam Pattern of WB SET 2018
- The Examination will be offline based i.e., on OMR sheet provided along the test booklet.
- The WB SET 2018 will comprise of two papers
- The objective type questions will be asked in the paper.
- 2 marks will be allocated for each correct answer and there will be no negative marking applicable to incorrect answers.
- Paper I includes 50 questions which have to be completed in one hour.
- Paper II includes 100 which have to be completed in one hour.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration of Exam|
|I||50 questions||100||9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.|
|II||100 questions||200||11:00 a.m. to 01:00 p.m.|
The Applications have been invited for the 21st SET for the posts of Assistant Professors in Universities/ Colleges of West Bengal in the mentioned subjects.
Answer Key and OMR Sheet Of WB SET 2018
After conducting the examination the Commission will release the answer key and OMR sheet of the candidates. For the OMR sheet, the candidates have to pay a certain amount
WB SET 2018 Result
- The leading 6% candidates in the order of merit will be eligible for the post of Assistant Professor.
- The cutoff marks for the general candidates will be 40% aggregate in all three papers and SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD will require 35% aggregate to qualify the exam.
- The WB SET 2018 Result will be uploaded on the official website of WBCSC and the direct link will be provided on this page upon the declaration.
Advertisement: Click Here to check the full notification.