WB SET Syllabus 2020 – West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) syllabus is provided on this page. West Bengal College Service Commission prescribes the syllabus for WB SET as per the different subjects. WB SET is an offline examination, candidates are tested on their basic reasoning and teaching aptitude skills. To prepare for the examination, candidates need to begin their preparation with WB SET syllabus. This is beneficial to understand the nature of the exam and get an in-depth analysis of how question paper is designed. To know more about WB SET Syllabus 2020, go through this article.
WB SET Syllabus 2020
To prepare for WB SET, candidates must have the basic knowledge of the teaching and reasoning. The candidates will be tested as per their comprehension skills, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidates. Then, the knowledge of the candidates in their respective field is going to be tested. So, to know about WB SET Syllabus 2020, candidates can go through this article.
WB SET Syllabus 2020
|Chemical Sciences||Click Here|
|Computer Science and Applications||Click Here|
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||Click Here|
|Electronic Science||Click Here|
|Home Science||Click Here|
|Library and Information Science||Click Here|
|Life Sciences||Click Here|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||Click Here|
|Mathematical Sciences||Click Here|
|Physical Education||Click Here|
|Physical Sciences||Click Here|
|Political Science||Click Here|
WB SET Exam Pattern 2020
It is important for the candidates to be aware of the exam pattern as that allows candidates to be prepared beforehand. WB SET Exam Pattern 2020 can be checked from the section below:
- No. of Papers: There are 2 papers in WB SET.
- Mode: The examination is conducted in the offline mode.
- Nature of Questions: There will be Objective Type Questions in WB SET.
- Marking Scheme: For correct answers, 02 marks will be awarded.
- Distribution of Questions: Candidates can check the distribution of questions sections- wise from the table given below:
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions|
Recommended books for WB SET Syllabus 2020
To score better in the exam, candidates need to have a reliable source to study. Check the books prescribed below:
|SET (State Eligibility Test) Teaching & Research Aptitude|
(Common Paper for All) – Dr. Suresh Anuganti and Pragma Publications
|NTA-UGC NET/JRF & Set (State Eligibility Test) Paper-I |
Teaching And Research Aptitude- Dr. Suresh Anuganti
|NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF – Paper 1: Teaching and Research |
Aptitude by Pearson | Latest 2019 UGC Syllabus | Includes 2012 – 2018(Dec) Solved Papers
WB SET Preparation Tips
Candidates need to follow some strict schedule in order to crack a paper. So, check the tips mentioned below in order to prepare for WB SET.
- As the first section has questions related to teaching and reasoning aptitude, general awareness, candidates can practice from Competitive books. Make a time-table and follow that schedule.
- For Paper 2, which is based on the subjects chosen by the candidate, they need to brush up the concepts of their respective subjects. Start with the basics things. For instance, if you are appearing for SET in English, start revising the history of English literature as in types of eras, which author wrote this book, in which year so forth and so on. Also, start revising the grammar rules too.
- Manage the time well and start preparing in chronological order. Take up that section first, in which you are weak, let’s say, you are not aware of the things happening in the world. So, start reading current affairs.
- Solve the WB SET sample papers as much as you can. Practising daily in order to crack the exam takes you a long way. So, get a firm grip on the basic concepts. Aim to clear Paper 1 first and then Paper 2.
West Bengal College Service Commission conducts the West Bengal State Eligibility Test (SET) to provide recruitment for the post of Assistant Professors. The exam os WB SET has two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is going to have questions which will be of general nature and are going to assess teaching, reasoning aptitude. They are going to test the comprehension, reasoning ability and general awareness of the candidate. Paper 2 is going to have questions related to the respective subject. After clearing the examination, the qualified candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professors in universities and colleges of West Bengal only.