AP Grama Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary Recruitment 2019: Municipal Administration Department under Government of Andhra Pradesh has 3,601 vacancies of Ward Amenities Secretary (Grade-II) in A.P. Municipal Engineering Subordinate Service. The recruitment is being conducted as per details revealed in notification no. 02/2019. For this post, pay scale is Rs14600-44870 . Consolidated pay of Rs 15000 will be given to those who join during 2 years of probation. Here is all you need to know about AP Grama Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary Recruitment 2019 including syllabus, vacancies, eligibility.
AP Grama Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary Recruitment 2019
Residents of Andhra Pradesh who are aspiring to be government job position holders, are appearing for this recruitment. In its selection process, there is one written exam involved. Candidates must visit official websites wardsachivalayam.ap.gov.in, vsws.ap.gov.in, gramasachivalayam.ap.gov.in for updates from time to time.
|Name of District||No. of Vacancies|
Breakup of vacancies
Polytechnic Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or above
No person shall be eligible for direct recruitment if he/she is less than 18 years of age and if he / she is more than 42 years of age for the post on 01/07/2019 as per G.O. Ms. No. 132 GA (Ser.A) Dept., Dt. 15.10.2018. Candidates should not be born earlier than 2nd July 1977 and not later than 1st July 2001.
Age Relaxation is applicable to the categories as detailed below:
|SC/ST and BCs||5 years|
|Physically Handicapped||10 years|
|Ex. Service men||Shall be allowed to deduct from his age a period of 3 years in addition to the length of service rendered by him in the armed forces / NCC.|
|N.C.C (who have worked as instructor in NCC)||Same as above|
|A.P State Government Employees (Employees of APSEB, APSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities etc., are not eligible)||Upto a maximum 5 years based on the length of regular service|
|Retrenched temporary employees in the state Census department with a minimum service of 6 months||3 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried and belonging to SC/ST category covered under 12 (b) (iii) of AP state and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 with reference to posts of Junior Assistants or less||Upper age limit is 48 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried and not belonging to SC/ST category covered under 12 (b) (iii) of AP state and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 with reference to posts of Junior Assistants or less||Upper age limit is 43 years|
|Candidates who are working on temporary basis.||Upto maximum of 5 years or length of service whichever is less.|
Ten (10%) percentage of marks as weightage is allowed only for the existing outsourcing/contract employees who are already working in the posts relating to the notified posts in the department, who fulfil the following norms:-
a) Recruitment has been done following due process
b) Qualification criteria has been met
c) Rule of reservation has been followed
d) Local/Non-local norms have been followed
AP Grama Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary Exam Pattern 2019
|Written examination (Objective Type)||No. of Qs||Duration in minutes||Max Marks|
|Part-A General Studies and mental ability||50||50||50|
|Part-B : Subject Paper||100||100||100|
Marking scheme: For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded and each wrong answer will carry 0.25 negative mark.
AP Grama Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary Syllabus 2019
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
- General Mental ability and reasoning
- Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation
- Comprehension – Telugu & English
- General English
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Current affairs of Regional, National and International importance.
- General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and information Technology.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
Click here to check the corrigendum to the syllabus of part A for examination.
1. Strength of Materials: Simple stresses and strains for ductile materialsmechanical properties of materials-Hooke’s law-lateral strain poisson’s ratioElastic constants and the relations between them-Composite sections-ResilienceStrain energy-Gradual and sudden loading-shear force and Bending moment diagrams for cantilever, Simply supported, fixed, continuous and overhanging beams subjected to point loads and UDL. Theory of simple bendingassumptions-bending equation-bending stress-section modulus-shear stress distribution across various sections like rectangular, circular and I-sectionsTorsion-solid and hollow circular shafts.
2. Engineering Mechanics: Statics, Resolution of force, Equilibrium of forces, Parallelogram law of forces, triangle law of forces, polygon law of forces and Lami‘s theorem, Drawing the free body diagram, Centre of Gravity, Centre of Mass and centroid, Centroid of square, rectangle, triangle, semi-circle and trapezium, Centre of gravity of composite sections by analytical method `only (TSection, L-Section I-section and channel section). Moment of Inertia, Theorems of Moment of Inertia. `i) Parallel axes theorem, ii) Perpendicular axes theorem. c) Moment of Inertia for simple Geometrical Sections, Rectangular, circular and triangular section and Radius of Gyration. Calculation of Moment of Inertia and Radius of Gyration of a) I – Section, b) Channel Section, c) T – Section. d) L – Section, e) Z – section f) Built up Sections.
3. Fluid Mechanics Properties, Ideal and Real fluids, Newtonian and NonNewtonian fluids, compressible and incompressible fluids, Units, Fluid properties, Intensity of pressure, Pascal‘s law, Atmospheric,Vacuum,Gauge and absolute pressures. Measurement of pressures by piezo-meter, , U-Tube – manometer, differential manometer bourdon pressure gauge, buoyancy, Flow of Liquids, Types of fluid flow- Steady and unsteady flow, Uniform and Non-uniform flow, Two &Three dimensional flow, Rotational & irrotational flow, Laminar & Turbulent flow, Reynold‘s Number. Pressure, potential and kinetic energy of liquids, total energy, Continuity equation for one-dimensional flow, Laws of conservation- Mass, Energy and Momentum, Velocity of liquids and discharge, Bernoulli‘s equation, Applications Venturi meters, pitot-tube, current meters, Flow through pipes, Various losses when liquid flows through pipes, Laws of fluid friction, The equations for loss of head in pipes due to friction, Minor losses in pipe flow, Hydraulic gradient and total energy line for different pipes, Pipes in series(Compound pipe) and equivalent pipe, Impact of jets, Force of jet striking at the centre and at the top of a fixed curved blade and moving curved blade, velocity triangles, Work done, power and efficiency.
4. Hydraulic Pumps: Function of a pump, Principle of operation of a reciprocating pump, single acting, double acting pumps, Effect of velocity and acceleration of fluids in suction and delivery pipes, Working principle & Constructional details of centrifugal pump, Comparison between Reciprocating and Centrifugal pumps, Priming of centrifugal pump and its necessary leakages of air its prevention, Work done by the impeller, Static head, Manometric head, EfficienciesManometric efficiency, Volumetric efficiency, Mechanical efficiency and Overall efficiency, Cavitation and its effect, Working principle of Jet & Submersible pumps.
5. Engineering Drawing: Construction of polygon: Construction of any regular polygon of given side using general method. Conical Curves: Ellipse, Parabola, Hyperbola, Eccentricity of above curves – Construction of ellipse by concentric circles method – Construction of parabola by rectangle method – Construction of rectangular hyperbola. Projection of points and Lines, projection of planes, projection of solids, Auxiliary views.
6. Reinforced concrete structures: Grades of concrete, characteristic strength, modulus of elasticity-I.S. 456 -2000-Philosophy of limit state design. Limit state of strength and serviceability, partial safety factor-design strength of materials and design loads – assumptions. Analysis and limit state design of rectangular beams singly, doubly reinforced and T-beams, Shear in RCC beams, lintels and sunshades- development length. Slabs analysis and limit state design of one way and two way slabs as per IS 456-2000 Torsion reinforcement. design of continuous slabs and beams Deflection check for slabs and beams. Detailing of reinforcement in singly reinforced and double reinforced simply supported beams of rectangular sections and lintels. one way and two way slabs. Columns: Codal provisions of I.S 456 2000 short and long columns different shapes design of short columns by limit state method – long columns concept, effective length for different end conditions. footings-isolated column footings – one way shear and two way shear. Stairs-types, loads on stairs.
7. Surveying: Chain surveying – purpose and principle -errors and corrections – different operations in chain surveying – obstacles – methods of calculation of area. Compass surveying – purpose and principle – bearings – traversing using prismatic compass – local attraction – errors – Levelling – definitions – component parts – errors – classification of levelling – contouring – characteristics and methods. Theodolite – principles and component parts – fundamental lines and relationship among them – adjustments of theodolite – measurement of horizontal and vertical angles – errors – traverse computations – bowditoh and transit rule. Tachometry principle – stadia tachometry – tangential tachometry, principle and uses of E.D.M. Electronic Theodolite, total station, Global positioning system – Importance, G.I.S – use and applications in Civil Engineering.
8. Production Technology: Working and operations of lathe, Drilling, shaper, slotter, planner, milling machines – Capstan and turret lathes – copying lathes – surface finishing operations – Honing, lapping, super finishing, electro plating, metal spraying. Equipment used in arc and gas welding. modern welding methods – Submerged arc, atomic, hydrogen, CO2, and ultrasonic welding, Forging processes and tools – cold and hot working processes. Pattern types – types of moulding sand and their properties – Defects in casting and welding.
If you have any queries on AP Grama Sachivalayam Ward Amenities Secretary Recruitment 2019, then please ask in the comments below.