APPSC Group 1 2020 – Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission has released a revised examination schedule for APPSC Group 1 Exam. Candidates can check the examination dates below. The examination result for APPSC Group 1 screening test/preliminary exam is already been declared. APPSC Group 1 2020 is conducted for the posts falling under Group-I Services for a total of 44 CF and 125 Fresh vacancies. For more details on APPSC Group 1 Exam like how to apply, selection process, exam date refer below information.
Latest: The new date for APPSC Group 1 2020 main examination are out. Check detailed notification below.
APPSC Group 1 2020
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) holds the responsibility to conduct Group 1 Services recruitment events such as online application, admit card, prelims and main examination. Get the complete schedule for APPSC Group 1 2020 from below.
|Online Application Starts from||07 Jan 2019|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||07 Feb 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||17 May 2019|
|Date of Screening Test||26 May 2019|
|Release Date of Answer Key||28 May 2019|
|Prelims Result||01 Nov 2019|
|Date of Mains exam|
APPSC Group 1 2020 Main Examination – Revised Dates Out!
Revised Exam Schedule – June 22, 2020
The revised APPSC Group 1 mains examination dates are recently announced by the conducting body. Aspirants must check the dates from the image below.
Old Notice – March 22, 2020
Andhra Pradesh Public Commission has released notice regarding the postponement of APPSC Group 1 Main Examination until further notice. The official notice releases at the official website, psc.ap.gov.in. The examination was scheduled to be held between April 07 to 19, 2020 postponed till further orders.
Examination Pattern for APPSC Group 1 2020 Exam
Check the examination pattern for both prelims and mains examination below.
Screening Test – Prelims
Preparation Tips for APPSC Group 1 Exam
Numerous aspirants apply for APPSC Group 1 exam out of which only a few secure jobs. Candidates are advised to prepare for APPSC Group 1 exam as early as possible to stay ahead of the competitors. Here are some useful tips which will help aspirants in the preparation for APPSC Group 1 exam.
- The focus of Mains exam should be more on practising rather than studying.
- Mains examination majorly consists of General Studies topics. Keep reading newspapers for dynamic topics like Economics, and others. Refer to the reference books to study static topics such as History and Polity.
- Practise writing an essay each day. Refer to the previous year mains examination papers. Take some topics from them and start writing and evaluate the essay.
- If an aspirant was earlier a student of Science background, then he/she must brush up General Aptitude skills first. Take around 15-20 days to revise the concepts. They can then proceed to invest their time in current affairs.
- Candidates with Arts background should start with the current affairs, general studies topics. Once done with this, they must proceed for the quant section.
- Join online classes to revise the topics that aspirants have studied in their degree level.
- Go through the current affairs of the last 06 months to 01 years prior to the exam.
Strategy for APPSC Group 1 Mains Exam
The mains examination for APPSC Group 1 exam is around the corner. Here is the video by Vyoma TV suggesting some tips and tricks prepare better for the exam.
APPSC Group 1 2020 Admit Card
A few days before the examination, APPSC releases the admit card online. Candidates can download their APPSC Group 1 admit card from psc.ap.gov.in. To download APPSC Group 1 2020 Admit Card, candidates have to enter their login details carefully. Separate admit cards are released by the conducting body al prelims and mains examination. Admit Card is available only for those candidates who had completed the online application form on time with the requisite application fees.
APPSC Group 1 2020 Exam Centers
Preliminary Examination (Screening Test) will be held on the following centers
Note: The applicant may choose the Test center from above with three preferences. However, the Commission reserves the right to allot the applicant to any center of examination depending on the availability of the resources.
The Main (Conventional Type) Examination will be held at the following Four Centres only
Corrigendum for APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2020
Notice for Exam Pattern – March 20, 2020
Notice for Exam Pattern – December 31, 2018
APPSC Group 1 2020 Vacancies
Applications are invited online for recruitment to the posts falling under Group-I Services
for a total of 44 Carried Forward and 125 Fresh vacancies, check below the details of vacancies:
|Name of the post||Fresh Vacancies||Carried Forward Vacancies|
|Deputy Collectors in AP Civil Service (Executive Branch)||30||—|
|Assistant Commissioner of State Tax in AP State Tax |
|Deputy Supdt. of Police (Civil) Cat 2 in AP Police Service||24||04|
|Deputy Supt. Of Jails (Men) in AP Jail Service||01||01|
|District Fire Officer in AP Fire Service||01||—|
|Asst. Treasury Officer/Asst. Accounts Officer in AP Treasury |
and Accounts Service
|Regional Transport Officers in AP Transport Service||05||—|
|Assistant Prohibition and Excise Superintendent in AP|
|Mandal Parishad Development Officer in AP Panchayat |
Raj and Rural Development Service
|District Registrars in AP Registration Service||—||01|
|District Employment Officer in AP Employment |
|Deputy Registrars in AP Cooperative Service||—||02|
|District Tribal Welfare Officer in AP Tribal Welfare |
|District Social Welfare Officer in AP Social Welfare|
|District BC Welfare Officer in AP BC Welfare Service||—||01|
|District Panchayat Officers in AP Panchayat Raj and|
Rural Development Service
|Municipal Commissioner Grade II in AP Municipal |
|Administrative Officer/Lay Secretary and Treasurer |
Grade II in AP Medical and Health (Administration Service)
|Assistant Audit Officer in AP State Audit Service||—||07|
APPSC Group 1 Exam 2020 Application Form
Interested & eligible candidates can fill the application form as per the schedule given above. It is advised to read the eligibility criteria before applying for the position. Candidates, kindly use the direct link provided below to apply for the eligible post.
Once an applicant registers his/her particulars, a User ID is generated and sent to his/her registered mobile number and email ID. Applicants need to apply for the post using the OTPR User ID through the Commission’s website.
How to Apply for APPSC Group 1 Exam 2020?
Here is the step by step guide to fill the application form for APPSC Group 1 exam.
1st step: To apply for any post, candidates have to fill OTPR application form to get OTPR ID. In case, incorrect information is provided candidates can modify their details by clicking on ‘modify OTPR’.
2nd step: Login using the username (OTPR ID) and password as provided by the commission. Now, click on ‘online application submission’ present at the bottom right corner of the website.
3rd step: Now fill the application form for APPSC Group 1 Exam by entering specific details like Local/Non Local status, white card details, etc. Once all the information is filled, submit the payment form.
4th step: The payment reference ID is generated and displayed on the screen. Click on ‘OK’ to proceed to pay the application fee. Select any one option to pay the APPSC Group 1 Exam fee.
5th step: Once the application is submitted successfully, correction in the application form will be enabled. The corrections can be made in the application form itself. Fields which affects the Name, fee and age relaxations are not enabled for corrections.
APPSC Group 1 2020 Application Fee
Applicant must pay Rs. 250/- towards application processing fee and Rs 120/- towards Examination Fee.
The following categories of candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee of Rs.120/- only.
- SC, ST, BC, PH & Ex-Service Men.
- Families having Household Supply White Card issued by Civil Supplies Department, A.P. Government. (Residents of Andhra Pradesh)
- Un-employed youth in the age group of 18 to 42 years as per G.O.Ms.No.439, G.A (Ser-A) Dept., dated: 18/10/1996 should submit declaration at an appropriate time to the Commission.
- Applicants belonging to the categories mentioned above (except Physically Handicapped Persons & Ex-Service Men) hailing from other States are not entitled for exemption from payment of fee and not entitled for claiming any kind of reservation.
- Candidates belonging to other States shall pay the prescribed fee of Rs.120/-, along with processing fee of Rs. 250/-.
Mode of Payment
- Payment can be done using Payment Gateway using Net Banking/ Credit card / Debit Card. The list of Banks providing service for the purpose of online remittance of Fee will be available on the Website.
- The fee once remitted shall not be refunded or adjusted under any circumstances. Failure to pay the examination fee and application fee (in non-exempt case) will entail total rejection of the application.
- IPOs / Demand Drafts are not accepted.
- In case of corrections, Rs.100/- per correction will be charged. However, changes are not allowed for name, fee and age relaxation.
APPSC Group 1 2020 Eligibility
Read the eligibility criteria below as prescribed by Andhra Pradesh PSC for Group 1 services.
- He / She is of sound health, active habits and free from any bodily defect or infirmity rendering him/her unfit for such service
- His / Her character and antecedents are such as to qualify him/her for such service.
- He /She possesses the academic and other qualifications prescribed for the post
- He/ She is a citizen of India: Provided that no candidate other than a citizen of India may be appointed except with the previous sanction of the State Government and except in accordance with such conditions and restrictions as they may be laid down. Such sanction shall be not be accorded unless the State Government are satisfied that the sufficient number of citizens of India, who are qualified and suitable are not available.
APPSC Group 1 Exam Answer Key
Once the examination of APPSC Group 1 exam is over, candidates can download their APPSC Group 1 answer key online. Browse the official website of APSC, psc.ap.gov.in for downloading answer key for APPSC Group 1 exam. APPSC Group 1 Paper 1 and Paper 2 answer key is released separately. After the release of provisional answer key, window to challenge it opens wherein candidates can raise challenge incorrect answers. Once the final key of the examination is released, candidates can start the calculation to know their estimated score.
APPSC Group 1 Exam Result
Result for Preliminary/Screening test has been released. Candidates must visit the official website to check APPSC Group 1 exam result. The required cut off marks for APPSC Group 1 exam is 90.42 marks (Maximum marks is 240 marks). Next, the main examination result will release after the examination. The process to check the mains result remains the same as that of prelims. After qualifying mains examination of the post, candidates have to qualify medical examination and interview as well.
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) was set up when the state Andhra Pradesh came into existence in the year 1956. In the initial years, the commission was known as the Andhra Service Commission which was formed in 1953. During this time, APPSC worded on the regulations of the Madras Public Service Commission. In the year 1956, APPSC came into existence by merging of Andhra Service Commission and Hyderabad Public Service Commissions.
Official Website : psc.ap.gov.in
For more information about the APPSC Group 1 Exam 2020 check the Information Notification.
APPSC Group 1 2020 FAQs
Q1. How many vacancies are released for APPSC Group 1 exam?
Ans 1. This year, APPSC has released 44 Carried Forward and 125 Fresh vacancies for the Group 1 services.
Q2. What posts comes under the Group 1 services recruitment?
Ans 2. The posts that are advertised are – Deputy Collectors, Municipal Commissioner Grade-II, Assistant Commissioner of State Tax, Mandal Parishad Development Officer and 15 more. Check the rest of the posts in this article above.
Q3. Once I clear mains examiantion, what is the next step?
Ans 3. Clearing mains examiantion allows candidates to appear for the medical test round.