APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020: Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission has published the APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer Answer Key 2020 on the official website. The recruitment examination was held on March 12, 13, 14, and 15, 2020. Candidates who applied for the same against the official notification number 23/2018 and appeared in the exam can download the answer keys from the website psc.ap.gov.in. The complete details of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 recruitment including the schedule and upcoming events like final answer keys and results can be checked from this page.
Latest: Initial Answer Key of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 is now available. Download here.
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020
APPSC released fresh vacancies including some carry forward vacancies from previous years for the APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 recruitment. Applications were collected from eligible and interested candidates as per the specified schedule and the selection tests were also conducted as indicated in the schedule below. Refer to the dates table below for the complete schedule of all APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer events in 2020.
|APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020||Important Dates|
|Start date of application form||06 Apr 2019|
|Last date to apply||27 Apr 2019|
|Issue of admit card||26 Feb 2020|
|APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Exam Date||12, 13, 14, 15 Mar 2020|
|Release of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 answer key||16 Mar 2020|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Answer Key
The answer keys of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 exam are released through the official website only. They contain the correct answers to all the question asked in the exam. APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 answer keys are released in two stages. At first, the initial answer keys are released and the candidates are allowed to raise objections against the answer keys. Once the objection window closes and the Commission evaluates the objections, the final answer keys are released based on which, the results of the written exam are prepared.
Click here to know how to download APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer Answer Key 2020 & raise objections.
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Qualifying Marks
As per the official notification, candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks as provided below. Merely securing the minimum qualifying marks however does not confer the guarantee of selection. Candidates must secure marks over the minimum cut offs as decided and published from time to time by APPSC for the particular recruitment.
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer Result 2020
Once the examination process is over, applicants can check the APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer result online by visiting the official website, i.e. psc.ap.gov.in. APPSC declares the result in a merit list format. The result of the candidate is prepared based on the marks secured in the computer-based test (main) and interview round.
Tie breaking Criteria
- In case two or more candidates secure equal marks in the main examination then one who is an elder is placed higher in the merit list.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate who possesses educational qualification in an earlier date is given preference.
Final Interview of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020
After the declaration of the results of the written exam of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020, the next stage is the final interview and document verification. Candidates who qualify in the written exam and are shortlisted in the merit lists are summoned for the final interview.
The final interview carries a total of 50 marks and the marks obtained by the candidate is also considered for the final appointment. As such, the final results are based on the marks obtained in the written test and the final interview.
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Vacancies
Check the number of vacancies for post and post code in the table below.
Carried Forward Vacancies
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Exam Date
The examination dates for APPSC polytechnic lecture are released through official notice published on the website of the Commission. Candidates can check the examination dates for APPSC polytechnic lecturer from the image below:
Admit Card For APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Exam
After the process of online application is over, candidates are issued call letters to appear in the exam, also referred to as the admit cards. One can download the admit card from the official website before the exam as per schedule. Candidates must visit the official website psc.ap.gov.in to download APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 admit card since it is not published or sent through any other means. In case, there are any incorrect details on APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer hall ticket 2020, it should be immediately brought in the notice of the commission. Besides the admit card, candidates are also required to carry a valid government-issued photo identity proof to the exam center.
Exam Pattern Of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 exam is conducted for recruitment of lecturers of different subjects. There are two papers for which the candidates have to take the test. The first paper is based on general studies while the second paper is subject specific. Check out the key features of the exam pattern of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 below.
- Language: Question paper is documented in the English language only.
- Type of questions: Written examination has multiple-choice type questions only.
- Number of questions: Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 has 150 questions
- Duration of examination: 300 minutes
- Maximum marks: 450 marks
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, the +1 mark is given in Paper 1. In Paper 2, +2 marks are provided.
- Distribution of questions:
|Paper||Subject||No.of questions||Maximum marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies and Mental ability||150||150|
|Paper 2||Concerned Subject||150||300|
List of subjects for the second paper
|Architectural Engineering||Automobile Engineering|
|BioMedical Engineering||Commercial & Computer Practice|
|Ceramic Technology||Chemical Engineering|
|Computer Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering|
Syllabus of APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020
The complete syllabus of the APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 exam is published through the official notification. It contains the indicative subjects/topics/sub-topics based on which the question papers of Paper 1 & 2 are set. Candidates must have the knowledge of the syllabus of each paper in order to prepare for the exam well and crack it in the first attempt. Here we have provided the indicative sub-topics included in the Paper 1 of the exam as well as the subjects that are included in the syllabus of the Paper 2.
Syllabus of Paper 1
General Studies and Mental Ability
- Events of national & international importance
- Current affairs
- General science and applications
- Social, economic and political history of India with special emphasis on Andhra Pradesh
- Indian polity and governance
- Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh
- Physical geography
- Disaster management & application of remote sensing and GIS
- Sustainable development and environmental protection
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability, and data interpretation
- Data analysis
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its administrative, economic, social, cultural, political, and legal implications/problems.
Syllabus of Paper 2
Paper two is subject specific and the syllabus of each subject is provided in the official notification in details. The syllabus of the subjects are however of the standard of the bachelors degree for engineering and post graduate degree for non-engineering subjects.
Click here to download APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Syllabus
Preparation Tips For APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020
Candidates are advised to start preparing early in time to ensure that they are able to cover the entire syllabus before appearing in the exam. Here are some useful tips and tricks to study smart and prepare for the exam in a more efficient manner.
#1: Develop a study plan that covers all subjects, topics, and sub-topic efficiently. Allocate study hours to each subject and attempt to cover each subject within the schedule. Do not forget to reserve the last few days of the study plan for revisions.
#2: Utilize learning resources such as previous year question papers, mock tests, guides, textbooks, solved papers, etc. to study for the exam.
#3: Make short notes from the subjects studied to memorize better. It also serves as materials for last-minute revisions.
#4: Refer to previous year question papers and solve mock tests. These can help to understand the exam pattern distribution of marks etc. Candidates can also improve time management skills by solving mock tests and improve the number of good attempts.
Strategy for APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Application Form
APPSC releases the application form for APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer online. To know about the detailed procedure for APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 application form, refer to the points provided below:
- Candidates who are applying for the first time have to fill OTPR application.
- After filling OTPR, candidates get an OTPR ID.
- Now, applicant has to login using the user name (OTPR ID) and password (set by the candidate).
- After login, applicants have to click on ‘online application submission’ tab.
- Applicants now have to click on payment link against the notification number he/she wished to apply for.
- All the details that candidates have entered in OTPR process is displayed on the screen. Verify all the details and in case of incorrect details correct them.
- After this, click on the ‘ok’ button. Various payment options are displayed on the screen. Select any one of them and complete the payment process.
- After successful payment, a reference ID is displayed on the screen.
- Now, fill the application form by providing the details APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer application form. Submit the application form once done.
- Once the application fee is submitted successfully, an application receipt is generated. Take a print out of the APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer and keep it safe for future reference.
|SC, ST, BC (of the state of Andhra Pradesh) and Ex-Service Men||Rs.250/-|
|Families having household supply white card issued by civil supplies department||Rs.250/-|
Mode of Payment
- Candidates must pay the application fee for APPSC Polytechnic lectures through online mode.
- Payment can be done using Net banking, credit card, debit card.
- IPOs/ Demand Draft is not accepted
- In case of any correction in the application form, candidates have to pay Rs.100/-
APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria for APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020 before beginning with the application process
For post code 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 16, 18, 19, 20, 23
- Candidates require a bachelor’s degree in the specific branch of engineering/technology.
For post code 14, 17, 22, 07, 13, 15
- Candidates must have post-graduation degree with 1st class inappropriate subject to apply for these pst.
For post code 21
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy.
For post code 04
- Must have master’s degree in commerce.
- Candidates must have Typewriting higher grade in English and shorthand higher grade in Eglish organized by State Board of Technical Education and training.
- Candidates age must be between 18 years and 42 years.
|Ex-servcement||03 years in addition to the length of their service|
|NCC||03 years in addition to the length of their service|
|AP state government employee||03 years in addition to the length of their service|
|Retrenched temporary employees of the state centre department with a minimum of 06-month service||03 years|
Official website: psc.ap.gov.in
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) was inaugurated on November 01, 1956. APPSC is the state-level public service commission of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Earlier, the commission was known as Andhra Service Commission. However, it was renamed as Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission after the merger of Andhra Public Service Commission and Hyderabad Public Service Commission.
For more details related to APPSC Polytechnic Lecturer 2020, download notification