Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, Hyderabad had released notification of APPSC Assistant Statistical Officer (ASO) Recruitment 2017 for the post of Assistant Statistical Officer in AP Economics and Statistical Subordinate Service. The proforma application was available on the Commission’s website from December 29, 2016. Candidates who checked their eligibility criteria and read the instruction carefully could fill the Application form online.
APPSC Assistant Statistical Officer (ASO) Recruitment 2017
Interested candidates who are eligible to participate in the APPSC ASO Recruitment 2017 can go through this page for important details like application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, result etc.
|Online application commence from||29 Dec 2016|
|Last date for submission of Application form|
|Date of Screening Test||09 Jul 2017 FN|
|Date of the Computer-based test (Main Exam)||13 Oct 2017 FN & AN|
|Computer-based test (Main Exam) answer key||16 Oct 2017|
|Result||04 Oct 2018|
Notice: Click here to check the notice regarding Clarification about Qualification to Notification No.27/2016 Assistant Statistical Officer.
- Total no. of vacancy: 95
Name of the Post: Assistant Statistical Officer
|Name of the Post||Z-1||Z-2||Z-3||Z-4|
- Age Limit – No person shall be eligible for direct recruitment if he/she is less than 18 years of age and if he/she is more than 42 years of age as
- on 01/07/2016.
- Educational Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree from a University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or State Act or such institutions declared as Deemed.
- Selection Process – The selection of candidates for appointment to the posts shall be based on the merit in the computer-based examination.
- Application Fee – Applicant must pay Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty Only) towards application processing fee and Rs 80/- (Rupees Eighty only) towards Examination Fee.
- How to Apply – Application can be filled online from the official website of APPSC.
APPSC ASO Recruitment 2017 Answer Key
Answer Key of Screening Test and Computer-Based (Mains) Test has been released by Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission for APPSC Assistant Statistical Officer (ASO) Recruitment 2017. Screening Test was conducted on July 09, 2017 and Mains was conducted on October 13, 2017. Candidates who have appeared in the test can check their answer key from the official website or through the direct link given below.
Final Answer Key:
- Economics and Statistics
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Computer Science and Statistics
- Commerce and Statistics
Check Revised Answer Key:
- Economics and Statistics
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Computer Science and Statistics
- Commerce and Statistics
Check Answer key:
- Click here to check the response sheet.
- Click here to check the Answer Key of Commerce and Statistics
- Click here to check the Answer Key of Computer Science and Statics
- Click here to check the Answer Key of Economics and Statics
- Click here to check the Answer Key of General Studies and Mental Abilities
- Click here to check the Answer Key of Mathematics and Statics
- Click here to check the Answer Key of Statistics
- Click here to Final Key & Decision of Commission on Revised key
- Click here to Question paper for Set A
APPSC ASO Recruitment 2017 Application Form
The Applicants have to read the User manual for On-Line submission of application and then proceed further. Application form for APPSC Assistant Statistical Officer was available online at APPSC. The direct link to fill the APPSC ASO Application form is also posted here.
Application Process is over now.
- APPSC ASO Application Form 2017: Click here to fill the APPSC ASO Recruitment 2017 Application Form.
- Edit Application Form 2017: Click here to edit it.
- Note: Edit Application is permitted up to 15 Feb 2017. No changes in application will be allowed later.
Applicant must pay Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty Only) towards application processing fee and Rs 80/- (Rupees Eighty only) towards Examination Fee.
Mode of Payment
The Fee mentioned in the above paragraph is to be paid online using Payment Gateway using Net Banking/ Credit card / Debit Card. The list of Banks providing service for the purpose of online remittance of Fee was available on the Website.
How to Apply?
Step I – The Candidate after satisfying himself/ herself about the eligibility criteria for the notification should pay fee through corresponding notification Online Payment Form.
At the payment Gateway the candidate has to give his/her Basic Personal Details such as Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Gender, whether the candidate belongs to Andhra Pradesh State, community, Mobile Number etc. Candidate should enter his/her particulars i.e. Name, Father Name, Mother Name & Date of Birth as per his/her Secondary Education Board Class X Certificate. On receipt of fee at Payment Gateway, the candidates were issued a “Journal Number” with which he / she can proceed with submission of Application online. Issue of Journal Number does not mean that the candidate has completed the submission of application online. It is only a confirmation of the fee received.
Step II – After payment of Fee the Applicant should visit Online Application Form Submission link and enter the Journal Number, Date of payment and Date of Birth to get and fill the format of Application and should submit ON-LINE.
Step III – The applicant shall affix a recent Colour Passport Size Photograph on a White Paper and then sign below the photograph with Black Pen,. Scan the above Photo and Signature and Upload in the appropriate space provided (JPG Format) in Application Form.
Step IV – The applicants have to invariably fill all the relevant columns in the Application and should submit ON-LINE.
- Hand written/ Typed/ Photostat copies/ outside printed Application Form were not accepted and liable for rejection.
- Applicants willing to serve anywhere in Andhra Pradesh should alone apply.
- For any problems related to Online submission and downloading of Hall-Tickets please contact 040-23120055 (Call Time: 10.30 A.M to 1.00 P.M & 1.30 P.M to 5.30 P.M) or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Statistics as one of the Main Subject (OR )
- Bachelor’s Degree with Mathematics (with Statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main Subjects (OR)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Economics (with statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects, (OR)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Commerce (with Statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects. (OR)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Computer Science (with Statistics as a paper in one year or two years or all the three years as the case may be) as one of the main subjects.
From a University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or State Act or such institutions declared as Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commissions Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.(Subs. by G.O.Ms.No.3 Planning (Establishment) Department. Dt. 01-03-2012 w.e.f.01-01-2011).
APPSC ASO Recruitment 2017 Reservation
Reservation to the Local candidates is applicable as provided in the Rules and as amended from time to time as in force on the date of notification. The candidates claiming reservation as Local candidates should obtain the required Study Certificate(s) (from IV Class to X Class or SSC) OR Residence Certificate in the pro-forma only for those candidates who have not studied in any Educational Institutions as the case may be. The relevant certificates with authorized signature shall be produced as and when required.
APPSC ASO Recruitment 2017 Exam Pattern
|Written Examination||No. of Questions||Duration||Max Marks|
|Negative marks: As per G.O.Ms. No.235, Finance (HR-I, Plg & Policy) Dept., Dt. 06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.|
|Paper 1: General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150||150|
|Paper 2: Concerned Subject||150||150||150|
|Negative marks: As per G.O.Ms. No.235, Finance (HR-I, Plg & Policy)
Dept., Dt. 06/12/2016, for each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd
of the marks prescribed for the question.
The candidates have to choose one subject from the following subjects for paper – II
- Computer Science
The screening test are held at all districts in Andhra Pradesh and the Main Examination is at VIJAYAWADA or GUNTUR. The applicant may choose the Test City with three preferences for screening test. However the Commission reserves the right to allot the applicant to any centre of examination depending on the availability of the resources like centres / systems.
APPSC ASO Recruitment 2017 Selection Procedure
In case screening test is conducted as referred above, based on the Merit in screening test, candidates will be picked up in the ratio of 50 per one notified post for the main examination in order of General Merit. In case where no screening test is held, all the eligible applicants would be allowed to appear for the main examination.
The selection of candidates for appointment to the posts shall be based on the merit in the computer based examination.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the examination for consideration of a candidate to the selection process in case of OC category is 40%, BC category is 35% and for SC, ST and PH categories is 30% or as per the relevant rules. The minimum qualifying mark is relaxable in the case of SC/ST/BC/PH at the discretion of the Commission.
- The candidates will be selected and allotted to Service/ Department as per their rank in the merit list and as per Zonal / Post preference opted by the applicant at the time of making application to the post online
N.B. : Mere securing of minimum qualifying marks does not confer any right to the candidate for being considered to the selection.
- Appearance in all the papers is compulsory. Absence in any of the papers will automatically render the disqualification of the candidate.
- Any candidate shall produce Original documents, as and when called for by the Commission for certificate verification. If any candidate fails to produce the certificates and/or the particulars furnished in the Application do not tally with the Original documents produced by the candidate, his/her candidature will be rejected and he/she would be disqualified without any further correspondence. As candidature for the recruitment is processed through Computer/Electronic devices based on the particulars furnished in the Application Form, the candidate is advised to fill in all the relevant particulars carefully.
- While the Commission calls for preference of candidates in respect of Posts in the Application Form, it is hereby clarified that the said preferences are only indicative for being considered to the extent possible but not binding or limiting the Commission’s powers enjoyed under Article 315 and 320 of the Constitution of India. Therefore, the Commission has the power to assigning a successful candidate to any of the notified posts for which he is considered by them to be qualified and eligible, subject to fulfilling the selection criterion.
- The appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the appropriate medical classification, and if he/she is of sound health, active habits free from any bodily defect or infirmity.
Advertisement: Click Here for full advertisement.