|CDAC gives a boost to your career. Last Date is Nov 30th.||Apply Now!|
The Assam Public Service Commission has released notification for eligible candidates which comes under Assam Public Service Commission who have qualified to appear in the Combined Competitive (Main) examination, 2017 as per advertisement No.19/2016. APSC conducted Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination 2016 for APSC Combined Competitive Exam 2017 Main exam. Get here complete details of APSC Combined Competitive Main Exam 2017 .
APSC Combined Competitive Exam 2017
Candidates get complete information of APSC Combined Competitive Exam 2017 main exam like application form process, vacancy details, important dates for applying, selection process, etc here.
|Online Application Form available from||20 Nov 2017|
|Last date of receipt of application||10 Dec 2017|
|Expected date of Main Exam||Jan / Feb 2018|
Total No. of Vacancies – 205 + 51 RFW vacancy
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2016) – Between 21 years to 43 years.
Selection Process – Candidates selection for above posts is made on the basis of marks and performance in the written examination (Prelims & Main Exam) and personal interview. All the candidates have to attend the interview for final selection.
Fee Structure – Original Treasury Receipt for Rs.300.00 (Rupees Three Hundred only),( Rs. 150.00 (Rupees One Hundred and fifty only) for candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. community) as Combined Competitive (main) Examination.
How to Apply – Application form of APSC Combined Competitive Main Exam 2017 for various posts can be filled online from the official website of APSC as per schedule date.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen
- He/She should not be less than 21 years and more than 43years of age as on 01.01.2016 as per Govt. OM No.ABP 06/2016/04 dtd. 3/3/2016. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates i.e. upto 48 years. There will also be relaxation of upper age limit in respect of Persons with Disability by 5 years i.e. upto 48 years. The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card/Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council, and no other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose.
- However, the aforesaid age limit will not be applicable in case of the cadre of Assam Police Service as per Govt. OM No.ABP 06/2016/04 dtd. 3/3/2016. For this category, age limit will be counted as 38 years as on 01/01/2016 (43 years in case of SC/ST and PWD candidates).
- The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
- Candidates must possess the prescribed qualification on the date of submission of their applications.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination for eligibility on the closing date of submission of application need not apply.
- Persons with Disabilities should ascertain the post for which a particular category of disability is entitled for reservation as per the advertisement and should apply/opt for the preference accordingly at the time of filling up the forms for Main Examination.
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
The Preliminary Examination consisted of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper I||General Studies||200||2 Hrs||Objective type multiple choice question paper|
|Paper II||One subject to be selected from the list of optional subject||200||-do-||-do-|
Total Marks – 400 marks
- The questions were of objective type with multiple choices
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet was provided for answering questions
- Candidates could use only black ball pen.
- Use of Eraser, Chemical, Correction Fluid etc. for correcting options once marked in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited and answer sheets bearing traces of such use were not evaluated.
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
The Main Examination consists of (A) Written Examination and (B) Interview Test.
(A) Written Examination
On the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
The written examination will consist of the following papers of 3 hours duration each. The questions of the examination will be of conventional type:
|General English||300||3 hours|
|General Studies||300||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1||Paper-I
|Any two optional subjects to be selected
from the list of optional subjects (two
|Optional Subject 2||Paper-I
|Total (Written)||1400 marks|
|Viva Voce||200 marks|
|Grand Total||1600 marks|
(B) Interview Test: 200 marks
APSC Competitive Exam 2017 Final Answer Key
Candidates who will going to appear in the Main Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination, 2017 will download APSC Combined Competitive Main Exam 2018 from here. The Answer key will be uploaded here after the successfully completion of the Main exam.
APSC Competitive Exam 2017 Pre Final Answer Key
Download here: Click here to download the final Answer keys for combined pre Exam
Check Answer Key General Studies
Check Answer Key – Optional Subjects
1) Agriculture 2) Animal Husbandry & Vety Science 3) Anthropology 4) Botany
5) Chemical Engineering 6) Chemistry 7) Civil Engineering 8) Commerce
9) Computer Science 10) Economics 11) Education 12) Electrical Engineering
13) Electronics 14) Fisheries 15) Geography 16) Geology 17) Indian History 18) Law
19) Mathematics 20) Mechanical Engineering 21) Medical Science 22) Philosophy 23) Physics 24) Political Science 25) Psychology 26) Sociology 27) Statistics 28) Zoology
APSC Competitive Exam 2017 Selection Process
Candidate who are eligible to apply online can fill their Application form of APSC Competitive Examination 2017 for various posts announced by Assam Public Service Commission. Firstly candidates had to download the Admit Card for Preliminary Examination.
There are three stage of Selection :
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personal Interview
Candidates who have appeared in the Prelims exam and qualified that exam can download the admit card for main exam (main examination). Main Examination consist of written exam & viva voce.
Qualified candidates in the main examination will be called for Personal Interview held by Assam PSC.
Candidates have to appear all the stages of Selection. Who fail to attend or miss any round will be directly disqualified from the selection process.