The Assam Public Service Commission has released notification for eligible candidates for various posts comes under Assam Public Service Commission through APSC Combined Competitive Exam. APSC will hold Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination 2016 for screen candidates for the Main Examination. All the candidates who are interested and satisfy with the eligibility criteria can fill their Application form through online mode.
Candidates get complete information of APSC Combined Competitive Exam 2017 like application form process, vacancy details, important dates for applying, selection process, etc here.
Latest – Answer key for 28 Optional Subjects of APSC Combined Competitive (Pre) Examination 2016-17 has been released. Scroll down to check.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
APSC Combined Competitive Exam 2017
Total No. of Vacancies – 205 + 51 RFW vacancy
Age Limit (As on 01.01.2016) – Between 21 years to 43 years.
Selection Process – Candidates selection for above posts will be made on the basis of marks and performance in the written examination (Prelims & Main Exam) and personal interview. All the candidates will have to attend the interview for final selection.
Fee Structure – Original Treasury Receipt for Rs.300.00 (Rupees Three Hundred only),( Rs. 150.00 (Rupees One Hundred and fifty only) for candidates belonging to S.C./S.T. community) as Combined Competitive (Prelim.) Examination
How to Apply – Application form of APSC Combined Competitive Exam 2017 for various posts can be filled online from the official website of APSC as per schedule date.
|Online Application Form available from||09 Jan 2017|
|Last date of receipt of application||18 Feb 2017|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||02 Jul 2017|
|Tentative date of Main Exam||Dec 2017|
Note:- The Commission has further decided to extend the last date of receipt of application forms for the said examination till 5.00 PM of 18 Feb 2017.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen
- He/She should not be less than 21 years and more than 43years of age as on 01.01.2016 as per Govt. OM No.ABP 06/2016/04 dtd. 3/3/2016. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates i.e. upto 48 years. There will also be relaxation of upper age limit in respect of Persons with Disability by 5 years i.e. upto 48 years. The age limit of the candidates will be calculated on the basis of the Matriculation /HSLC Admit Card/Certificate issued by a recognized Board/Council, and no other document shall be accepted in lieu thereof for the purpose.
- However, the aforesaid age limit will not be applicable in case of the cadre of Assam Police Service as per Govt. OM No.ABP 06/2016/04 dtd. 3/3/2016. For this category, age limit will be counted as 38 years as on 01/01/2016 (43 years in case of SC/ST and PWD candidates).
- The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
- Candidates must possess the prescribed qualification on the date of submission of their applications.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination for eligibility on the closing date of submission of application need not apply.
- Persons with Disabilities should ascertain the post for which a particular category of disability is entitled for reservation as per the advertisement and should apply/opt for the preference accordingly at the time of filling up the forms for Main Examination.
APSC Competitive Exam 2017 Exam Pattern
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper I||General Studies||200||2 Hrs||Objective type multiple choice question paper|
|Paper II||One subject to be selected from the list of optional subject||200||-do-||-do-|
Total Marks – 400 marks
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions
- Candidates will have to use only black ball pen.
- Use of Eraser, Chemical, Correction Fluid etc. for correcting options once marked in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited and answer sheets bearing traces of such use shall not be evaluated.
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
The Main Examination consists of (A) Written Examination and (B) Interview Test.
(A) Written Examination
On the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
The written examination will consist of the following papers of 3 hours duration each. The questions of the examination will be of conventional type:
|General English||300||3 hours|
|General Studies||300||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1||Paper-I
|Any two optional subjects to be selected
from the list of optional subjects (two
|Optional Subject 2||Paper-I
|Total (Written)||1400 marks|
|Viva Voce||200 marks|
|Grand Total||1600 marks|
(B) Interview Test: 200 marks
APSC Competitive Exam 2017 Answer Key
Candidates who appeared in the Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination, 2016 held on 02/07/2017, that the Answer Keys of the above mentioned Examination on the subject of General Studies (Series A, B, C & D) have been uploaded in APSC website www.apsc.nic.in. The direct link to check answer key is given below.
Check Answer Key : General Studies Paper of Combined Competitive (Prel.) Examination, 2016
Check Answer Key – Optional Subjects
1) Agriculture 2) Animal Husbandry & Vety Science 3) Anthropology 4) Botany
5) Chemical Engineering 6) Chemistry 7) Civil Engineering 8) Commerce
9) Computer Science 10) Economics 11) Education 12) Electrical Engineering
13) Electronics 14) Fisheries 15) Geography 16) Geology 17) Indian History 18) Law
19) Mathematics 20) Mechanical Engineering 21) Medical Science 22) Philosophy 23) Physics 24) Political Science 25) Psychology 26) Sociology 27) Statistics 28) Zoology
Objection Regarding Answer Key for Optional Subjects
Candidates are requested to visit the website and if any Answer Key, in his/her opinion is found to be incorrect/wrong, he/she may submit the correct answers as per his/her opinion along with supporting documents/papers etc. to substantiate the claim to the undersigned personally or by post latest by 07/08 for taking necessary action from this end. No claim for correction of Answer Key will be entertained if the same is not supported by specific documents. Reference to any website or any unspecified documents will not be entertained. (Notified here)
APSC Competitive Exam 2017 Selection Process
Candidate who are eligible to apply online can fill their Application form of APSC Competitive Examination 2017 for various posts announced by Assam Public Service Commission. Firstly candidates have to download the Admit Card for Preliminary Examination.
There are three stage of Selection :
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personal Interview
Candidates who have appeared in the Prelims exam and qualified in the same exam can download the admit card for next exam (main examination). Main Examination consist of written exam & viva voce.
Qualified candidates in the main examination will be called for Personal Interview held by Assam PSC.
Candidates have to appear all the stages of Selection. Who fail to attend or miss any round will be directly disqualify from the selection process.