The Assam Public Service Commission will hold the Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination, 2018 for screening candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the services/posts in accordance with the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 1989. Get here complete details of APSC Combined Competitive Exam (CCE) Recruitment Exam.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam (CCE) Recruitment Exam
Candidates can check complete details on APSC CCE 2018 Exam: Date, Form, Pattern, Syllabus from this page.
|Application Form available from||18 May 2018|
|Last date of application||18 Jun 2018|
|Date of Prelim Exam Admit Card||To be announced|
|Date of Prelim Exam||July 2018|
|Date of Main Exam||September 2018|
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
The Preliminary Examination consisted of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper I||General Studies||200||2 Hrs||Objective type multiple choice question paper|
|Paper II||One subject to be selected from the list of optional subject||200||Do||Do|
Total Marks – 400 marks
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions
- Candidates could use only black ball pen.
- Use of Eraser, Chemical, Correction Fluid etc. for correcting options once marked in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited and answer sheets bearing traces of such use will not be evaluated.
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
The Main Examination consists of (A) Written Examination and (B) Interview Test.
(A) Written Examination
Based on the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
The written examination will consist of the following papers of 3 hours duration each. The questions of the examination will be of conventional type:
|General English||300||3 hours|
|General Studies||300||3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1||Paper-I
|Any two optional subjects to be selected
from the list of optional subjects (two
|Optional Subject 2||Paper-I
|Total (Written)||1400 marks|
|Viva Voce||200 marks|
|Grand Total||1600 marks|
(B) Interview Test: 200 marks
- The candidates will be interviewed by a board. The interview, however, will not have any qualifying marks. The marks scored in the interview will be added to the marks scored in the written Examination (Main) and the ranking of the candidates will be determined on the basis of the total marks obtained.
- Based on the results of the written part of the Main Examination the number of candidates to be called for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies advertised. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- The Commission shall recommend exactly the same number of candidates for different posts as notified.
- The candidates will be allotted cadre strictly on the basis of merit cum preferences opted by candidates in their applications for the Main Examination.
- The Commission shall not recommend a candidate for a post which he/she has not opted for in his/ her preference.
APSC Competitive Exam 2018 Selection Process
There are three stage of Selection :
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Personal Interview
Candidates who will appear in the Prelims exam and qualifies that exam can download the admit card for main exam (main examination). Main Examination consist of written exam & viva voce.
Qualified candidates in the main examination will be called for Personal Interview held by Assam PSC.
Candidates have to appear all the stages of Selection. Who fail to attend or miss any round will be directly disqualified from the selection process.
Official Website: www.apsc.nic.in