Assam TET 2019 is likely to be conducted on 22 or 29 September 2019 for LP and UP levels, after a gap of seven years. Assam Teacher Eligibility Test will be held in Assam including sixth schedule districts. Question papers will be in five languages namely Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English. Assam TET was last held in 2012 and its certificates expire this year. Proposal may also be sent to NCTE to extend validity of last TET pass certificate to 31 March 2020. Get here complete details of Assam TET 2019 such as exam date, application form, exam pattern, syllabus.
Assam TET 2019
The Assam TET 2019 will be the state level teacher eligibility test to determine eligibility of lower primary and upper primary teachers in Assam. Interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply online as per schedule decided by Govt of Assam, Elementary Education Department. Check table below for its schedule.
|Assam TET 2019||Important Dates|
|Newspaper reports regarding Assam TET 2019 came on||02 May 2019|
|Assam TET 2019 Exam Date as per reports||22 or 29 Sep 2019|
|Issuance of online application form||To be announced|
Latest News On Assam TET 2019
Concern On Last TET Certificate Validity: Assam TET was last held on 10 January 2012, and its result was announced on 25 January 2012. As per NCTE norms, result of a Teacher Eligibility Test may remain valid for seven years only. Therefore concerned competent authorities in this case, may send NCTE a proposal to extend validity of previous TET to 30 March 2020.
Proposed Assam TET 2019 Details
|Level||Lower Primary (LP) and Upper Primary (UP)|
|Centres||In Assam, including 6th Schedule districts|
|Proposed exam dates||22 or 29 September 2019|
|Medium||Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Hindi, English|
|Language||Regarding selection of language I for proposed TET, language strategy of the state is to be taken into consideration|
|Mode of application||Online application will be asked, and submission form will also be online|
|Application fees||Around Rs 750 to 1000, with relaxation to SC / ST / OBC candidates|
Assam TET 2019 Application Form
Exam conducting body will release the Assam TET 2019 Application Form on the official website. Candidates must first determine eligibility. If eligible, then apply online. Elementary Education Department, Govt of Assam, is likely to be the exam conducting body. Or SSA Assam / SCERT Assam. However third party may also be involved for online application, admit card, result display.
Execute following steps to apply online for Assam TET 2019
- Keep official documents handy. While filling the application form, you can refer to official documents to ensure all data you enter in form is correct.
- Go to website. On the main page, you will see application form link for Assam TET 2019.
- Click on “apply online” link.
- Now you will reach the first page of online application form. Read detailed instructions.
- Enter details asked in the form. Also, upload documents required.
- Pay application fee in the mode prescribed.
- Submit Assam TET 2019 application form before the last date.
Age limit – As per last held TET in Assam, candidate should be less than 43 years. However, age relaxation is applicable for some categories. In order to know that, please see the advertisement.
Educational qualification (to be updated when Assam TET 2019 notification releases; below given eligibility is old)
- A Graduate Teacher must have BA / BSc / BCom with 50%. Also BT / BEd from a recognized university.
- Hindi Teacher must have Pravin / Ratna in Hindi with 50%. Candidate must have a degree from recognized university or BA with Hindi as one of the subjects with 50%. Also, a candidate needs to have BT / BEd from a recognized university.
- Classical Teacher (Sanskrit) must have Shastri with 50%. Candidate must have a degree from recognized university or BA with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50%. In addition, BT / BEd from a recognized university.
- Classical Teacher such as Arabic, Urdu, Persian must have MM with 50%. Candidate must have a degree from recognized university or BA with Arabic as one of the subjects with 50%. Furthermore, BT / BEd from the recognized university.
- Classical Teacher (Assamese Language, Manipuri Language) must have BA with Honours / Major in concerned subject with 50%. Alongside, BT / BEd from a recognized university.
Assam TET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will download admit card before the exam. In view of making it easier for candidates to obtain hall tickets, exam conducting body will issue admit card online. While downloading admit card, keep login details ready to log in and then download admit card. The direct link to download the Admit card will also be provided here below for your convenience.
Instructions for candidates
- Check official website and this page at regular intervals to know about admit card release.
- Carry officially issued TET Assam Admit Card 2019 and other documents on the day of the exam.
- Follow instructions printed on the hall ticket.
Duration of the examination is of 3 hours. Teachers Eligibility Test consists of all multiple choice questions. Altogether, the detailed exam pattern will be available with notification.
Assam TET Cut Off
NCTE has fixed cut off for overall paper. All in all, candidates who obtain marks equal to or more than cut off overall will be declared as qualified.
Candidate must score at least 60% marks to qualify. However, a candidate belonging to SC / ST / OBC / MOBC / PWD category can score 55% marks to qualify.
Assam TET 2019 Result
Exam conducting body will declare the result of Assam TET 2019 on the official website i.e www.rmsaassam.in. The direct link to check results will also be provided here.
Some definitions for purpose of Assam TET 2019
- BTC – Bodoland Territorial Council
- KAAC – Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council
- NCHAC – North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council
How to prepare for Assam TET 2019
Candidates should go through complete syllabus to prepare for Assam TET 2019. Also, following points will be helpful in preparations.
To study “General Studies”, focus on the history of Assam, Indian politics, science, Indian economy specifically for Assam, environment. In addition, practice questions on mental ability, logical reasoning, quantitative analysis.
There will be “Current Affairs” related questions such as on state, politics, art, games, science.
Coming to “Pedagogy”, questions will be broadly on (1) Teaching –Learning Process and Pedagogy, (2) Educational Psychology, (3) Psychology of Adolescence.
In order to ace “General English”, study remedial grammar and composition.
Candidates should study theory and also practice from last year papers and sample papers. Focus on solving multiple choice questions.
Assam TET Syllabus
Exam conducting body will upload syllabus online. You will download or view it to prepare for Assam TET 2019. Click on the link given below to get syllabus of Assam TET that was last held. This may change now.
- Click here for complete details of syllabus of last Assam TET.
If you have any queries regarding Assam Special TET 2019, please ask in comments below.