Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2020 – The notification for the recruitment of Scale – II specialist officers in Bank of Maharashtra has been released on the official website, bankofmaharashtra.in. The bank has more than 1800 branches all over India in all the states and Union Territories and total business is over Rs 2,20,000 Crores. There are 50 vacancies in total for the post of Network & Security Administrators, Database Administrator, System Administrator , Production Support Engineer, E-Mail Administrator and Business Analyst. The eligible candidates will be called for Interview rounds. For more information on Bank of Maharashtra SO recruitment 2020 eligibility criteria, hall ticket, result etc check this page out.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2020
The pay scale of Scale II officers will be Rs 31705 – Rs 45950. The Interview will be of 100 marks and of which minimum marks has to be secured to become eligible to be considered. The complete schedule for Bank of Maharashtra SO recruitment 2020 is given in table below.
|Online Application||16 Dec 2019|
|Last date of Online Application||31 Dec 2019|
|Date of Written Examination (If decided by the Bank)||To be announced|
|Date of GD / Interview||To be announced|
Bank of Maharashtra SO Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidate must possess the minimum eligibility in order to be considered for the post. The eligibility varies as per the post for which the candidates has applied. However the nationality and citizenship criteria is same for each post and must be completed by every candidate to be able to apply.
Nationality/Citizenship : A candidate must be either of the following.
- Citizen of India.
- Subject of Nepal.
- Subject of Bhutan.
- Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that of a candidates belong to categories mentioned above shall be a person in whose favor certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
The age, qualification, experience required for each post varies from post to post as follows:
Network & Security Administrator
Database Administrator (MSSQL/Oracle)
System Administrator (Windows / VM)
System Administrator (UNIX)
Product Support Engineer
Age Limit: As on March 31, 2019. Relaxation in upper age limit:
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD)||10 years|
|Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency |
Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/Short Service Commissioned Officers
(SSCOs) who have served for 5 years and were released
after the assignment was completed
|Persons Ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period|
01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989
Bank of Maharashtra SO Application Form
The application form has to be filled online at the official website (bankofmaharashtra.in). The application need to register first and obtain registration number and password generated by the system. The filled in application form has to be sent along with the required documents to the bank.
How to Fill the Form?
- Enter details on the form.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Send printed Application Form to the bank.
Mode of Payment: The application fees has to be paid in online mode only. No other mode of payment will be acceptable.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2020 Admit Card
The admit card has issued for the candidates whose applications are selected. The admit card contains the details about the date, time and venue of the Interview. The candidates can download the admit card through the official website (bankofmaharashtra.in). They will receive the notification regarding the same via email. The registration number and date of birth will have to be entered to download the admit card. Admit card has to be printed in A-4 sheet and carried to the interview rounds to be conducted as per the schedule.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Selection Procedure 2020
The applicants eligibility will be checked through the documents sent along the application form and the candidates will be shortlisted based on that. The selected candidates will be called for the Interview rounds. However, candidate must note that the selection process may change and the Bank can opt for examination and other process in case the ratio of number of vacancies to the number of eligible applicants exceeds 1:4. But as per now only Interview is going to be conducted and if any changes may happen candidate will be notified via official website/email in advance.
The final selection will be on the basis of Interview only and the total marks alloted for Interview are 100. Candidates have to secure minimum marks as mentioned below.
|Category||Marks out of 100|
The candidates have to bring the documents, the photocopy of which they submitted during the application process at the time of Interview. The documents at this point of time has to be bought in original.
Documents to Carry for the Interview
- Discharge Book/NOC issued by the competent authority.
- Attested copy of School leaving certificate in support of Date of Birth
- Attested copies of certificates and testimonials in proof of Educational Qualification from SSC/SSLC/X STD, PUC/10+2/Intermediate, Graduation and other qualifications.
- Appropriate document(s) in support of desirable experience.
- Medical Certificates issued by the competent authority, specifying the extent of disability in case of PWD candidates.
- Attested copy of community /status certificate in the prescribed format in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/EX-Serviceman category issued by competent authority.
- Any other relevant documents.
Competent Authority for issue of certificates to SC/ST/OBC candidates
- District Magistrate / Additional Distt. Magistrate
- Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Division Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
The final selection will be carried out after the scrutiny of the documents and the performance in the Interview. The candidates who are selected will be put on probation period for one year.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Result
The result publishes on the official website (bankofmaharashtra.in). It is in pdf form which can be downloaded and printed as per the requirement. The name of the candidate and the post for which the selection is done will be mentioned on the result. Along with that the candidates who have been put on waitlist will also be mentioned on it. The result will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the Interview.
Vacancies and Pay Scale
The number of vacancies differs for each post and the total number of vacancies are 50 in number. The number of vacancies for unreserved candidates are 22 in total. However the number of vacancies are provisional and may vary according to actual requirement of the Bank, subject to availability of suitable candidates. The distribution of vacancies are given below.
Abbreviations Stands for –
- SC – Scheduled Caste.
- ST – Scheduled Tribe.
- OBC – Other Backward Classes.
- UR – Un reserved.
- PWD-Persons With Disability.
- VI- Visual Impaired.
- HI- Hearing Impaired.
- OC- Orthopaedically Challenged.
- ID- Intellectual Disability.
- The reservation for PWD is on horizontal basis. The selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz. SC/ST/OBC/UR) to which they belong.
The selected candidates will be posted anywhere in India, depending on the requirement of the Bank. So the candidates must be ready to relocate if the case arises. On selection the candidates are given the pay according to the scale II post as follows.
- Scale – II : 31705 – 1145/1 – 32850 – 1310/10 – 45950.
Apart from this basic pay officers are entitled to receive DA, HRA & CCA in a Metropolitan center. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. In addition, quarter facility (in lieu of HRA, wherever provided) for officers, conveyance, Medical Aid, LTC and retirement benefits are admissible as per rules of the Bank.
Official Webiste: www.bankofmaharashtra.in
For more information regarding Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2020 – Download Notification
Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment Archives
Check SO recruitment of previous year from below.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Bank of Maharashtra has branches in almost all the stats and union territories. The recruitment can be done in any of the branches as per the requirement.
Ans : As per now only Interview will be conducted and the final selection will be based on the score of the Interview. However if the number of eligible candidates are more than the 4 times the number of vacancies, the Bank may opt for examination. The notification and detailed information will be published well in advance if such a case arise.
Ans : The total number of vacancies is 50 for post of SO recruitment.
Ans : The pay scale of Scale-II officers is Rs 31705 - Rs 45950.
Ans : Out of total 100 marks, candidates have to score 50 marks for Unreserved and 45 marks for SC/ST/OBC.