Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2019 – The application process for the recruitment of Scale – II and Scale – III specialist officers in Bank of Maharashtra has been started. The bank has more than 1800 branches all over India in all the states and Union Territories and total business is over Rs 2, 20,000 Crores. There are 43 vacancies in total for the post of Law Officer, Security Officer, Fire Officer and Information System (IS) Auditors. The eligible candidates will be called for Interview rounds. For more information on Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2019 eligibility criteria, hall ticket, result etc check this page out.
Latest: The application form for Bank of Maharashtra SO 2019 has been released online. Scroll down below to apply.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2019
The pay scale of Scale II officers will be Rs 31705 – Rs 45950 and for Scale III officers it will be Rs 42020 – Rs 51490. The Interview will be of 100 marks and of which minimum marks has to be secured to become eligible to be considered. The complete schedule for Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2019 is given in table below.
|Online Application||05 Aug 2019|
|Last date of Online Application||19 Aug 2019|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of |
|29 Aug 2019|
|Date of Interview||To be announced|
Bank of Maharashtra SO Application Form
The application form has to be filled online at the official website (bankofmaharashtra.in). The application need to register first and obtain Registration Number and Password generated by the system. The filled in application form has to be sent along with the required documents to the bank.
How to Fill the Form?
- Enter details on the form.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Send printed Application Form to the bank.
Mode of Payment: The application fees has to be paid in online mode only. No other mode of payment will be acceptable.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidate must possess the minimum eligibility in order to be considered for the post. The eligibility varies as per the post for which the candidates has applied. However the nationality and citizenship criteria is same for each post and must be completed by every candidate to be able to apply.
Nationality/Citizenship : A candidate must be either of the following.
- Citizen of India.
- Subject of Nepal.
- Subject of Bhutan.
- Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that of a candidates belong to categories mentioned above shall be a person in whose favor certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
The age, qualification, experience required for each post varies from post to post as follows.
Law Officers in Scale – II
- Age – Minimum 25 years and Maximum 35 years
- Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in Law recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrolment as an Advocate with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years. For SC/ST and PWD candidates, minimum required marks shall be 50% in Bachelor’s Degree in Law in the aggregate of all semesters/years.
- Desirable – Special knowledge of the following subjects will be given preference.
- Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law and Constitutional Law and experience in drafting of pleadings and documents
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Experience – At least five years’ experience as an Advocate or as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a Bank / financial institution/ statutory corporation / Company and/or Legal Associate / Legal consultant in an Advocate’s or Solicitor’s Office or in the Legal Department of Central / state Government or as teacher in law in a Law College / University. However, preference shall be given to the candidates having experience as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a Nationalized Bank/financial institution. The candidate should have worked in Bank for one year as Law Officer.
Security Officers in Scale- II
- Age – Minimum 25 years and Maximum 40 years
- Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from recognized University.
- Experience – The candidate should have put in minimum 5 years of service in the Armed Forces / Paramilitary Forces as a Commissioned Officer OR equivalent in the rank of Captain OR above. At the time of retirement, candidate should have with EXEMPLARY character and the same should be mentioned in the discharge book
Fire Officer in Scale – II
- Age – Minimum 25 years and Maximum 40 years
- Qualification – Graduate with either BE (Fire) from NFSC OR Grade 1 from India / UK OR Station Officers Course from NFSC OR Sub Officer Course from NFSC OR Graduate BE (Fire) from University Grants Commission (UGC) affiliated Universities.
- Experience – 3 years experience is required in case the candidate has done Station Officers Course from NFSC. 5 years experience is required in case the candidate has done Sub Officer Course from NFSC.
Information System (IS) Audit Officer in Scale – III
- Age – Minimum 25 years and Maximum 35 years
- Qualification – B.Tech / B.E. in Computer Science / IT / MCA / MCS / M.Sc. (Electronics / Comp.Science) with Minimum 55% marks in Aggregate OR Chartered Accountant (CA) with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
- Mandatory Certification – Certifications in CISA, CISSP OR DISA.
- Experience – The candidate must have the following mandatory experience.
- Should have conducted Information System Audit of Systems such as Core Banking Solution, EFT Switch, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, DC/DR Sites including Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing etc. in at least one Commercial Bank / Public Sector Organization / Statutory Body during the last 3 years.
- Should have minimum 3 years’ experience for conducting Information Systems (IS) Audit including VA & PT.
- Desirable Experience – Candidates with experience of having conducted Information Systems Audit of Systems mentioned above, in Public Sector Banks are preferred.
Note: Computer literacy is essential in all the posts mentioned above.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Recruitment 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued for the candidates whose applications are selected. The admit card will contain the details about the date, time and venue of the Interview. The candidates will be able to download the admit card through the official website (bankofmaharashtra.in). They will receive the notification regarding the same via email. The registration number and date of birth will have to be entered to download the admit card. Admit card has to be printed in A-4 sheet and carried to the interview rounds to be conducted as per the schedule.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Selection Procedure 2019
The applicants eligibility will be checked through the documents sent along the application form and the candidates will be shortlisted based on that. The selected candidates will be called for the Interview rounds. However you must note that the selection process may change and the Bank can opt for examination and other process in case the ratio of number of vacancies to the number of eligible applicants exceeds 1:4. But as per now only Interview is going to be conducted and if any changes may happen you will be notified via official website/email in advance.
The final selection will be on the basis of Interview only and the total marks alloted for Interview are 100. Candidates have to secure minimum marks as mentioned below.
|Category||Marks out of 100|
The candidates have to bring the documents, the photocopy of which they submitted during the application process at the time of Interview. The documents at this point of time has to be bought in original.
Documents to Carry for the Interview
- Discharge Book/NOC issued by the competent authority.
- Attested copy of School leaving certificate in support of Date of Birth
- Attested copies of certificates and testimonials in proof of Educational Qualification from SSC/SSLC/X STD, PUC/10+2/Intermediate, Graduation and other qualifications.
- Appropriate document(s) in support of desirable experience.
- Medical Certificates issued by the competent authority, specifying the extent of disability in case of PWD candidates. (For details see Annexure – V)
- Attested copy of community /status certificate in the prescribed format in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/EX-Serviceman category issued by competent authority.
- Any other relevant documents.
Competent Authority for issue of certificates to SC/ST/OBC candidates
- District Magistrate / Additional Distt. Magistrate
- Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate / Sub-Division Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
The final selection will be carried out after the scrutiny of the documents and the performance in the Interview. The candidates who are selected will be put on probation period for one year.
Bank of Maharashtra SO Result
The result will be declared on the official website (bankofmaharashtra.in). It will be a pdf which can be downloaded and printed as per the requirement. The name of the candidate and the post for which the selection is done will be mentioned on the result. Along with that the candidates who have been put on waitlist will also be mentioned on it. The result will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the Interview.
Vacancies and Pay Scale
The number of vacancies differs for each post and the total number of vacancies are 43 in number. The number of vacancies for unreserved candidates are 25 in total. However the number of vacancies are provisional and may vary according to actual requirement of the Bank, subject to availability of suitable candidates. The distribution of vacancies are given below.
Abbreviations Stands for –
- SC – Scheduled Caste.
- ST – Scheduled Tribe.
- OBC – Other Backward Classes.
- UR – Un reserved.
- PWD-Persons With Disability.
- VI- Visual Impaired.
- HI- Hearing Impaired.
- OC- Orthopaedically Challenged.
- ID- Intellectual Disability.
- The reservation for PWD is on horizontal basis. The selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz. SC/ST/OBC/UR) to which they belong.
Note: Upper age is relaxable by 1 year in case of candidates possessing LL.M degree and 2 years in case of Ph.D in law.
The selected candidates will be posted anywhere in India, depending on the requirement of the Bank. So the candidates must be ready to relocate if the case arises. On selection the candidates are given the pay according to the scale II or scale III post as follows.
- Scale – II : 31705 – 1145/1 – 32850 – 1310/10 – 45950.
- Scale – III : 42020 – 1310/5 – 48570 – 1460/2 – 51490.
Apart from this basic pay officers are entitled to receive DA, HRA & CCA in a Metropolitan center. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. In addition, quarter facility (in lieu of HRA, wherever provided) for officers, conveyance, Medical Aid, LTC and retirement benefits are admissible as per rules of the Bank.
A. Bank of Maharashtra has branches in almost all the stats and union territories. The recruitment can be done in any of the branches as per the requirement.
A. As per now only Interview will be conducted and the final selection will be based on the score of the Interview. However if the number of eligible candidates are more than the 4 times the number of vacancies, the Bank may opt for examination. The notification and detailed information will be published well in advance if such a case arise.
A. Fire Officer will be responsible for upkeep of Fire Extinguishers, Fire Hydrant Systems, Fire Alarm Systems and other Fire and Safety related equipments. Also the officer will be responsible for conduct of Fire Audit of all branches, offices and currency chests of the Bank.
A. The Security Officer will be responsible for the physical security arrangements at the Branches, Currency chests and Administrative Offices. Along with it establish close liaison with the police and other agencies is one of the key responsibility of the officer. Officer will also conduct training and will assist in maintenance, legal and procedural aspects related to Gun license and Arms.
Check SO recruitment of previous year from below.Maharashtra Bank Recruitment