BSF Recruitment 2016 – Directorate General Border Security Force has released recruitment notification for filling up Vacancies for the post of (i) Constable (Tradesmen) in Border Security force, (ii) ASI (RM) and HC (RO) in communication set up (iii) Veterinary Assistant Surgeon in Border Security Force (iv) ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN) in Border Security Force. Candidates can read the complete detail of BSF Recruitment 2016 such as application form & fees details, eligibility criteria, admit card, answer key, result selection process etc. on this page.
Latest – Written Exam Result for BSF HC (Min) Recruitment 2016-17 has been announced.
On this page we have covered the following three recruitment
#1 Notification for Recruitment of Constable (Tradesmen) in Border Security force
#2 Notification for Recruitment of ASI (RM) and HC (RO) in BSF communication set up
#3 Notification for Recruitment of Veterinary Assistant Surgeon (Assistant Commandant) in Border Security Force, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
#4 Notification for Recruitment of Assistant Sub lnspector (Stenographer) and Head Constable (Ministerial) in Border Security Force, Ministry of Home Affairs, covernment of lndia.
|BSF Recruitment Admit Card||Click Here|
|BSF Recruitment Result||Click Here|
|Advertisement Constable (Tradesmen)||Click Here|
|Advertisement ASI (RM) & HC (RO)||Click Here|
|Advertisement Veterinary Assistant Surgeon||Click Here|
|Advertisement ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN)||Click Here|
BSF Recruitment 2016 – 2017
BSF Constable Recruitment 2016, BSF ASI (RM) Recruitment 2016, BSF HC (RO) Recruitment 2016, BSF Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2016 and BSF ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN) Recruitment 2016 is conducted to fill vacancies based on predefined selection criteria. Candidates are advised to go through the recruitment of educational qualification, age, physical standards, physical efficiency test, interview, medical standard etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post, before applying.
- Constable (Tradesmen) : 561
- ASI (RM) : 152
- HC (RO) : 470
- Veterinary Assistant Surgeon: 28
- Assistant Sub lnspector (Stenographer) : 36
- Head Constable (Ministerial) : 121
Important dates for ASI / HC Recruitment, Veterinary Assistant Surgeon & ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN) is given below.
|Important event||ASI, HC Recruitment Dates||Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment Dates||ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN)|
|Last date for submission of application form||30 Jul 2016 (part 1)
05 Aug 2016 (Part 2)
|30 days from the publication of advt.||02 Jan 2017
For far flung Areas – 16 Jan 2017
|Availability of BSF Admit Card 2016||Nov 2016||–||–|
06 Nov 2016
|Written Examination / Descriptive Test||
29 Jan 2017
|26 Feb 2017||16 Apr 2017|
|Documentation/PST/PET/Final Medical Examination / Trade Test||20 Mar 2017||–||16 Aug 2017 – 22 Aug 2017|
BSF Application Form 2016
For ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN) Recruitment
Interested candidates can download the application form for ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN) Recruitment through official notification or from the direct link given below.
Download BSF Application Form 2016 for ASI (Steno) and HC (MIN) – Click here to download Application Form
Each application should be accompanied by a crossed Bank Draft/Postal Order for Rs. 100/- (one hundred ) as examination fee in favour of authority to whom the application is addressed, payable at respective SB|/Post office at the location. However, the Sc/ST/Ex-Servicemen and Departmental (BSF) candidates are not required to submit examination fee. Women candidates are exempted from payment of examination fees. SC/ST Candidates applying for the post of HC/Min will be treated as General category (UR), hence such Candidate should also accompanied the requisite examination fee with their application form.
Candidates willing to appear at any one of the centre mentioned below may apply on the address of respective centres. Departmental candidates applying for the post will submit the application through proper channel.
Note – For List of centres, candidates please refer the advertisement given above.
For Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment
Interested candidates can download the application form for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment through official notification or from the direct link given below.
Download BSF Application Form 2016 for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon – Click here to download Application Form
The candidates may utilize the application in the format given in this advertisement Eligible and desirous candidates should send their application form duly filled in on the prescribed format addressed to the following address:-
25 Bn BSF. Chhawla Camp,
PO – Chhawla, Najafgarh,
New Delhi – 110071.
Covers containing applications must be superscribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF VETERINARY ASSISTANT SURGEON (ASSISTANT COMMANDANT) IN BSF-2016”.
Application Fees & Mode of Payment
- The General/OBC category candidates will have to pay examination fee Rs. 400/- (Rupee four hundred only). SC/ST, Ex-serviceman and female candidates are not required to submit examination fee.
- The candidates should pay the fee through Bank Draft / Postal Order in favour of “Commandant 25 BN BSF”, payable at SBI Najafgarh, A.D.B., Branh Code No. 1419 for Rs. 400/- as examination fee.
Educational Qualification Constable (Tradesman): Matriculation or equivalent from recognized University or Board with :
- Two year work experience in respective trades.
- One year certificate course from Industrial Training Institute/ Vocational Institute with at least one year experience in the trade.
- Two years Diploma from Industrial Training Institute in the trade or similar trade.
Educational Qualification ASI (RM) : Matric with 3 year Diploma in Radio and TV Technology or Electronics or Telecommunication or Computer or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Domestic Appliances from any institution recognized by the Central Government or State Government. Or 10+2 or Intermediate or equivalent with aggregate marks of Fifty percent with selective subject being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board or University or Institution.
Educational Qualification HC (RO) : Matriculation or equivalent and two year Industrial Training Institute Certificate in Radio and TV or Electronics or Intermediate or 10+2 or equivalent with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised Board or Institution.
Education Qualification for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon : The candidate must bc in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry or equivalent from a reco8nizcd University with reSislration in the Veterinary Council of India.
Educational Qualification for ASI (Steno) & HC (MIN) :
- lntermediale or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination from a recognized Board or University or equivalent.
- Shorthand/Typing Speed for ASI (Steno) : Shorthand @ 80 words per minute in English OR in Hindi in ’10 minutes. Transcription of dictation in English in 50 minutes on computer OR transcription of dictation in Hindi in 65 minutes on computer.
- Typing Speed for HC(Min) : Typing @ 35 words per minute in English OR @ 30 words per minute in Hindi corresponding to 10500 KDPH in English/9000 KDPH in Hindi with average of 5 key depressions for each word on computer. Time-10 minutes.
Age : Between 18 to 23 years as on 01 August 2016. Relaxation in respect of the candidates for SS/ ST/ OBC category and other special categories of personnel in accordance with the instruction issued by the Central Govt from time to time.
Age for ASI (Steno) & HC (MIN): Between 18 to 25 years as on 01/01/2017. Upper age limit is relaxable for the post of HC (Min) & ASI (Steno) by five years for Govt Servant only. The upper age limit candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes is also relaxable by 5 years for the post of ASI (Steno) only. Age limit is also relaxable for Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time.
Physical Standard for Constable
|Scheduled Tribes/Adivasis of all States and Union Territories
including Naagan and Mizos.
|162.5 Cms||76-81 Cms|
|Men belonging to the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas,
Dogras, Maralhas and candidates belonging to the States of Sikkim,
Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalayas, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir, Leh & Ladakh regions of Jammu and Kashmir.
|165 Cms||78-83 Cms|
|All others States and Union Territories.||I67.5 cms||78-83 Cms|
Physical Standards for ASI / HC
- For Male Candidates
- Height : 168 cms
- Chest : 80 cms (85 cms after expansion)
- Weight : Corresponding to Height and age
- For Female Candidates
- Height : 157 cms
Physical Standards for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon : The candidates should satisfy the minimum physical standards as under :
- For Male Candidates
- Height : 157.5 cms
- Chest : 77 cms (Unexpanded), 82 cms (Expanded)
- Weight : Proportionate to Height and age
- For Female Candidates
- Height : 142 cms
- Chest : Not Applicable
- Weight : Proportionate to Height and age
Physical Standards for ASI (Steno) & HC (MIN) :
Medical Standard for Constable
Visual Standard : The visual standard of candidates will be examined as per revised uniform guidelines issued by MHA.
The candidates must not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes. They must be in good mental and physical health for duties in all places including in high altitude and fit to serve border areas with extreme climatic conditions and must be free from any defect likely to interfere with efficient performance of the duties.
Medical Standards for ASI / HC
- Minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of the both eyes without correction i.e. without wearing glasses.
- Must pass high-grade colour vision test.
- Must not have knock-knees, flat feet or squint in eyes.
- Must nor be having any defect/ deformity likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Medical Standards for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon
Medical Standard for ASI (Steno) & HC (MIN)
- Eye sight – The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other eye without correction, that is, without wearing of glasses/lenses or Lasik surgery.
- Candidates must not have Knock knee, Flat Foot, Squint in eyes, Varicose vein and they should possess colour vision between Colour Perception – l to ll. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
- Tattoo:- Candidates having permanent tattoo on any part of the body will be debarred for recruitment in BSF.
BSF Answer key 2016
For Constable (Tradesmen) Answer key
Border Security Force (BSF) has released the answer key of Constable (Tradesmen) Recruitment 2016 written exam held on 23 Oct 2016. The website where Border Security Force declares BSF Tradesman Answer key is bsf.nic.in. The direct link to check answer key is given below.
Check BSF Tradesman 2016 Answer key 2016 – Click here to check answer key of Constable (Tradesmen) Written Exam held on 23 Oct 2016.
Method of Selection
- Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Trade Test
- Written Test for 100 marks. The candidates who qualify in the PST. PET and Trade Test will be required to appear in the Written test.
- Medical Examination
- Final Merit List
For ASI / HC
- First Phase: Written Examination – OMR Based Screening Test and (ii) Descriptive Test.
- Second Phase: PST, PET, Documentation and Final Medical.
For Veterinary Assistant Surgeon
- First Phase : Documentation, Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test
- Second Phase: Interview, Medical Examination
For ASI (Steno) & HC (MIN)
The selection shall be held in two phases as under:-
- First Phase : Written Examination
- Second Phase
- Physical Measurement Test (PST)
- Short Hand Test (only for ASI/Steno)
- Typing Speed Test (only for HC/Min)
- Documentation (Checking of Documents)
- Medical Examination
There shall be sufficient gap between two phases of the tests.