Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) has issued a Recruitment notification for Engineering services, class – 1 and class – 2 for the post of Narmada, Water Resources, Water Supply & Kalpasar and Road & Buildings Department. Total no of posts advertised are 245. interested candidates having Bachelor’s degree can apply online through the official website of GPSC i.e gpsc.gujarat.gov.in. Candidates who have appeared at a degree examination shall also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. Selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of Preliminary Exam (Objective Type) and Main Examination (Written & Personal Interview). Merit Marks will be Total of Marks obtained in Mains Written Exam and Marks obtained in Interview. All important details regarding Gujarat Engineering Service like Application Process, Admit Card, Result and Selection Process is given the article below.
Gujarat Engineering Service
The application process for the Gujarat Engineering Service recruitment is over now. The preliminary exam is scheduled to be held on 24 Dec 2017. Check all important dates for the recruitment through the table below.
|Submission of Application form starts from||17 Jul 2017|
|Last Date for Submission of Application form||02 Aug 2017|
|Prelim Admit Card||08 Dec 2017|
|Result of Prelim Exam||Feb 2018|
|Mains Exam||08 to 15 Apr 2018|
|Mains Exam Result||Jul 2018|
|Final result||After 10 working days of interview|
Gujarat Engineering Service Vacancy Details
|AIMS ATMA 2018 Exam||Register to get Top MBA College|
|Times Group Bennett University||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Post Name: Engineering Service
Total No of Posts: 245
Application Fee: Rs 100/-
Minimum Qualification: Candidate must have done Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Technology.
Age Limit: 20 years to 35 years
Class-I : 15,600-39,100 + 6600 Grade-pay (According to 6th Pay Commission) Pay Matrix Level No: 11 Rs. 67,700-2,08,700 (According to 7th Pay Commission)
Class-II : 9,300-34,800 + 5400 Grade-pay (According to 6th Pay Commission) Pay Matrix Level No: 09 Rs. 53,100-1,77,500 (According to 7th Pay Commission)
Selection Process: Selection Process comprises of Preliminary Exam (Objective Type) and Main Examination (Written & Personal Interview)
Gujarat Engineering Service Eligibility Criteria
- The Candidate shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Technology obtained from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or a State Act in India
- The Candidate must have Passed Section A and B in Civil Engineering of the Institution Examination of the Institute of Engineers (India), Kolkata.
- The Candidate shall possess a degree of Bachelor of Construction Technology / Five-year Diploma in Construction Technology awarded by CEPT University, Ahmedabad / School of Building Science & Technology, Ahmedabad.
- Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment
- Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both
Age Limit: A candidate shall not be less than 20 years of age and not be more than 35 years of age as on 31/03/2017. Age will be calculated as on the last date of receipt of application. Upper age limit shall be relaxed as under:
- S. & E.B.C., S.C. & S.T. Male candidates of Gujarat origin. – 05 years
- Women candidates of unreserved Category – 05 years
- Women Candidates of Reserved Category – 10 years (including 05 years relaxation as Woman, Maximum up to 45 years.)
- Physically disabled candidates – maximum up to 10 (ten) years subject to his / her ability to discharge duties attached to the post
Gujarat Engineering Service Exam Pattern
- Paper-1-Part-1: General Studies (Medium Gujarati)-100 marks and Part-2: Engineering Aptitude-100 marks. Time Duration 2 hours
- Paper-2: Civil Engineering (Medium-English), 300 marks-Time Duration 3 hours
- Total: 500 Marks
- Paper-1: Gujarati Language (Medium-Gujarati)-100 marks- 2 hours
- Paper-2: English Language (Medium-English)-100 marks- 2 hours
- Paper-3: Civil Engineering –I (Medium-English)-200 marks- 3 hours
- Paper-4: Civil Engineering –II (Medium-English)-200 marks- 3 hours
- Paper-5: Civil Engineering –III (Medium-English)-200 marks- 3 hours
- Total 800 marks
Interview: 100 marks
Medium of Examination – The Medium of examination shall be Gujarati for Paper I of Sections II and III and medium for all other papers shall be English.
The Commission shall publish the result of the candidates whose names are to be recommended to the government for the appointment to the scheduled Posts shall be arranged according to the order of merits of candidates along with the seat numbers and the total marks obtained by each of the candidates.
The candidate appointed on the basis of the result of the competitive examination shall be on probation for a period of two years. The Period of probation may be extended under such circumstances as the Government may consider necessary in this behalf.
After Interview, the candidates shall be arranged by the Commission in the order of merit on the basis of the aggregate marks finally awarded to each candidate in the Preliminary Examination, Main Examination (written) and interview and in that order, thereafter, the Commission shall, for the purpose of recommending candidates against reserved vacancies, for a qualifying mark (hereinafter referred to as general qualifying standard) with reference to the number of unreserved vacancies to be called up.
To check Complete Details of Gujarat Engineering Service Recruitment 2017-18 check – Advertisement