Gujarat Engineering Service 2020 – Gujarat Public Service Commission conducts the examination for Gujarat Engineering Service. The notification is expected to release on August 15, 2020. The expected Gujarat Engineering Service 2020 vacancy is 61. The examination for Gujarat Engineering Service (Civil) is conducted in three stages which are preliminary exam, main exam and interview round. Refer to this page for more information related to Gujarat Engineering Service 2020.
Gujarat Engineering Service 2020
To know important dates related to the Gujarat Engineering Services 2020, refer to the table below.
|Release date of notification||15 Aug 2020 (Tentative)|
|Submission of Application form starts from||To be announced|
|Last Date for Submission of Application form||To be announced|
|Prelim Admit Card||To be announced|
|Prelim Exam||To be announced|
|Result of Prelim Exam||To be announced|
|Mains Exam||To be announced|
|Mains Exam Result||To be announced|
|Interview||To be announced|
|Final result||To be announced|
As mentioned above, the Gujarat Engineering Service 2020 Notification is expected to release in August. The information that is available on this page is based on the previous year notification. As soon as the new Gujarat Engineering Service 2020 notification is available we will update it on our page. Till then, refer to the information given here.
Gujarat Engineering Service Eligibility Criteria 2020
In order to submit the applications online, aspirants must refer to the eligibility criteria first. It allows candidates to know whether the are eligible for the post or not.
- The Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Technology (Civil) from University recognized by the government
- Aspirants must have Passed Section A and B in Civil Engineering of the Institution Examination of the Institute of Engineers (India), Kolkata.
- Must have Bachelor of Constructions Technology/Five Year Diploma in Constructions Technology awarded by CEPT University, Ahmedabad/School of Building/School of Building Science and Technology, Ahmedabad.
- Possess the basic knowledge of Computer Application as prescribed in the Gujarat Civil Services Classification and Recruitment
- Possess adequate knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both
- Minimum Age limit: 20 years
- Maximum Age Limit: 35 years
- Women candidates of unreserved Category – 05 years
- Women Candidates of Ex-servicemen /Officers- 05 years
- Male Candidates of Ex-servicemen /Officers- 05 years
- Physically disabled candidates – maximum up to 10 (ten) years subject to his / her ability to discharge duties attached to the post
Gujarat Engineering Service Application Form 2020
The application procedure for Gujarat Engineering service is conducted through online procedure. Candidates have to reach the official website of GPSC to apply for the announced posts. Refer to the steps below to know how to apply for Gujarat Engineering Service (Civil).
- The first step is to visit the official website of the conducting body which is ojas.gujarat.gov.in.
- Reaching the home page, candidates have to click on the ‘apply online’ button.
- Here, available GPSC recruitment application form displays.
- Candidates have to click on the apply online link against the recruitment.
- Hereafter, candidates are directed towards the registration portal where candidates have to provide correct details for the registration.
- Proceed to fill the Gujarat engineering Service application form and pay the requisite application fee.
Candidates have to pay Rs.100 as the application fee for Gujarat Engineering Service examination. The specified amount can be paid through challan as well as online gateways such as Net banking, Debit card, credit card.
Gujarat Engineering Service Exam Pattern 2020
One of the most important resources for the preparation is the examination pattern for Gujarat Engineering Service 2020. Aspirants must refer to the scheme of examination given below to know more about the examination.
- There are 02 papers in the examination – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 consists of 02 parts.
- Maximum Marks: 100 marks for Paper 1 and 300 marks for Paper 2.
- Duration of exam: Paper 1 is conducted for 02 hours and Paper 2 is conducted for 03 hours.
- Part-1: General Studies (Medium Gujarati)-100 marks
- Part-2: Engineering Aptitude-100 marks.
- Paper-2: Civil Engineering (Medium-English), 300 marks
- Gujarati Language (Medium-Gujarati)-100 marks
- Duration: 2 hours
- English Language (Medium-English)-100 marks
- Duration: 2 hours
- Civil Engineering –I (Medium-English)-200 marks
- Duration: 3 hours
- Civil Engineering –II (Medium-English)-200 marks
- Duration: 3 hours
- Civil Engineering –III (Medium-English)-200 marks
- Duration: 3 hours
- Total of 800 marks
Interview: Gujarat Public Service Commission conducts the interview round of Engineering Service for 100 marks
Click here to download Gujarat Engineering Service Syllabus
Gujarat Engineering Service Admit card 2020
A few days before the examination, the conducting body releases the Gujarat Engineering Service admit card online. Aspirants have to visit the official website gpsc.gujarat.gov.in to download the call letter. As the Gujarat Engineering Service admit card releases through login, candidates have to enter their application number and father’s name to login. The place, time and date of the prelims mains and interview is conveyed through the GPSC Gujarat Engineering Service admit card.
Gujarat Engineering Services 2020 – Selection Procedure
GPSC selects the candidates who appear the three rounds of the selection procedure which are
- Preliminary examination
- Mains Examination
- Interview round
The first stage of the selection procedure is the preliminary examination. Candidates are shortlisted for the main examination after qualifying the prelims exam. They are invited for the mains examination which is conducted for 800 marks. The last stage which is the interview round is conducted for 100 marks. The candidates shall be arranged in the merit list on the basis of aggregate mark secured in both mains and interview round.
Gujarat Engineering Service Result 2020
A few days after the examination, GPSC declares the result for Gujarat Engineering Service 2020 online. Candidates can check their Gujarat Engineering Service Result 2020 through gpsc.gujarat.gov.in. GPSC releases the result in the form of merit list wherein roll numbers of those candidates who are shortlisted for the post are available. The final merit list for Gujarat Engineering Service Result 2020 is prepared based on the make secured in mains exam and interview round.
Gujarat Public Service Commission was formed on May 01, 1960, under the Constitution of India. The commission was set up to select applicants for civil service jobs in Gujarat based on the merit list of applicants. The government of Gujarat consults GPSC on disciplinary matters that affect the government servants. The commission is also consulted on matters related to the appointments to civil services of the state, promotions, transfers, promotions.
To check Complete Details of Gujarat Engineering Service Recruitment 2017-18 check – Advertisement