Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) 2019 – Indian Navy has issued Admit Card cum call up letter for INET 2019 at joinindiannavy.gov.in for entrance exam to be held on September 15, 2019. Notification for INET 2019 is out for 121 vacancies. Candidates are shortlisted for SSB to be held in October on basis of performance in exam and preferences. Merit list will be on basis of Indian Navy Entrance Test as well as SSB. Get here complete details of INET 2019 including notification, vacancies, application form, admit card, result.
Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) 2019 leads to Executive Branch, Technical Branch, and Education Branch. There are vacancies for SSC Engineering Branch, SSC Electrical Branch, SSC NAIC, SSC ATC, SSC Observer, SSC Pilot (MR), SSC Pilot (Other than MR), SSC Logistics, SSC X (IT), PC Education. Note schedule of INET 2019 from the following table.
|Indian Navy Entrance Test 2019||Important Dates|
|Release of notification and online application form on||18 May 2019|
|Last date to submit the online form|
|Issuance of INET call letter 2019||08 – 15 Sep 2019|
|Indian Navy Entrance Test 2019||15 Sep 2019|
INET Admit Card 2019
Admit card has been issued for the examination only to those candidates who have successfully paid the examination fee and who are entitled to waiver of examination fee. All candidates, whose applications are received by due date, now called for Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) at one of the INET centres as per their choice, subject to availability of slots at that centre. Call up letters cum Admit Card for online examination indicating date, time and place can be downloaded from the official website. Only Electronic mode of communication will be used while contacting the candidates at all stages of selection.
Change of INET / SSB Centre for examination / interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD (N) at SMS/email (provided by candidate in their application).
INET Syllabus and Exam Pattern
INET exam will be of two hours duration. It will contain 100 Multiple Choice Questions comprising Questions on English, Reasoning & Numerical Ability, General Science, Mathematical Aptitude & General Knowledge. Each section will be of 100 marks with negative marking of one mark for incorrect answer.
INET Online Form 2019
Candidates are to register and fill application on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates can apply as per schedule.
Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- All relevant documents (preferably in original), marks sheets upto 5th & 7th semester for regular and integrated B.E. / B.Tech courses & other degree examination respectively, date of birth proof (as per 10th & 12th certificate), CGPA conversion formula for BE/B.Tech, Commercial Pilot Licence(CPL) issued by DGCA, Government of India, and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/FITT format, for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- If any scanned document is not legible/readable for any reason the application will be rejected. Candidates are to take print out of application and carry it while appearing for INET or SSB interview.
Indian Navy invites applications in online mode from unmarried eligible men as well as women candidates. Through this recruitment, candidates are selected for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC). Selection is for branches / entries in Indian Navy for course commencing Jun 2020 at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala.
Application Process is over!!!
Apply Here: Click here to apply online for INET 2019.
Candidates (SC/ST/women candidates are exempted from payment of fees) are required to pay a fee of Rs 205/- (Rupees Two Hundred five only) through online mode.
Note regarding exam fee:
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. (ii) There is no reservation of vacancies for the candidates from SC/ST category. Candidates from SC/ST category are entitled to waiver of examination fee only. (iii) In case online payment of fees has been done and money deducted without application number being generated (i.e. unsuccessful payment), please wait for 07 working days for automatic refund of money to your account.
Candidates must satisfy eligibility criteria of nationality as per government norms.
Naval Orientation Course (NOC) Regular – Pilot / Observer / Air Traffic Controller / Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre / Logistics / Education / Information Technology / Technical (Engineering & Electrical).
Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application’ form. Candidates can call Toll-free number 1800-419-2929 and press Option 7 to speak to a customer care representative from Monday-Sunday between 0800-2000 hrs regarding INET and SSB interview. NOTE : Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point of time.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy Entrance Test 2019
Candidates can check INET Eligibility Criteria here. Following table elaborates post wise educational qualification, age limit.
Note: Commercial Pilot License (CPL) Holders who have a valid and current CPL by DGCA can apply for Pilot entry as per eligibility criteria of SSC Pilot MR and SSC Pilot (Other than MR) as above. Also, they should be born between 02 Jul 1995 and 01 Jul 2001 (both dates inclusive).
Year of passing qualifying exam
- Candidates must have either passed Engineering Degree or should be in final year of Engineering Course. Then they can apply for branches / entries indicated at 2 (a) – (e), 2 (h), 2 (j) as above.
- However they will have to clear final exam with at least 60% before joining INA.
- Those who have completed their degree on date of filling application can apply for all Branches / Entries.
- Candidates must fill only one form.
- Those who are eligible for more than one branch or cadre should give their preference in INET Online Form 2019.
- Indian Navy will shortlist candidates for SSB on basis of their INET rank as well as preferences.
- However, those who are not shortlisted for first preference will be considered for others if spare slots in SSB batches are available.
All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant regulation. There is no relaxation in medical standard on any ground.
Relaxation in Height and Weight
Relaxations in height is permissible to candidates holding domicile of specific regions details of which are available on Indian Navy website www. Joinindiannavy.gov.in
Guidelines for tattoo are available on Indian Navy website www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
Indian Navy Entrance Test 2019 Result
Pay & Allowances
Selected candidates are inducted as Sub-lieutenants. The admissible pay & allowances alongwith other facilities & privileges are available on Indian Navy website www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
Group Insurance & Gratuity
A basic insurance cover of Rs. One Crore (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per extant rules in force.
On Commission, officers are entitled to Annual and Casual leave as per extant regulations. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
Tenure of Commission
- Short Service Commission:Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission initially for 10 years extendable by maximum 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years), subject to service requirement, performance, medical eligibility and willingness of candidates.
- Permanent Commission: Candidates inducted under PC will have to serve for a minimum of 20 yrs for pension and thereafter can continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
Duties of Officers. Please visit website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for information on duties of officers for respective Branches/Cadres.
The selection procedure is as follows:-
(b) Shortlisting for SSB. IHQ of MoD (N) reserves the right to shortlist candidates strictly on the basis of INET rank cum preference & choice. However candidates are required to qualify in all sections of INET Exam to be considered for shortlisting to appear in SSB interview. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be tentatively scheduled from Oct 19 at Bangalore for pilot & observer candidates and at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam/Kolkata for other branches/ entries. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their e-mail/mobile No till selection process is over.
(c) SSB Procedure. SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Candidates who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be sent back on the same date. Details of SSB procedure are available on Indian Navy website www. joinindiannavy.gov.in.
AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for particular type of commission. Candidates are required to photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No. & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
(d) Medical. SSB recommended candidates are required to undergo medical examination as applicable to their entry. Candidates of Pilot entry are required to undergo PABT (Pilot aptitude battery test) followed by Aviation medical examination.
(e) Merit List & Appointment Letter.
(i) Merit list will be based on combined marks of INET & SSB.
(ii) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of each branch / cadre based on availability of number of vacancies in various branches / cadres.
No compensation is admissible in case of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Officers of all branches / cadres except the officers of IT will undergo 22 Weeks Naval Orientation Course whereas officers of SSC (IT) will undergo 04 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala. This will be followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments as per extant regulations.
- Probation period for SSC (NAIC) Officers is three years and for officers of other branches/cadres is two years. The probation period will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub Lt and will terminate after three years in respect of SSC (NAIC) and two years for other branches / cadres or on completion of initial training (whichever is later. During probation the officers are liable to be discharged in case of unsatisfactory performance at any stage.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training will be discharged from service and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him/her and other expenditure incurred on the candidate by the Government.
- If the officer voluntarily withdraws from initial training or resigns during the probationary period, he/she shall be required to refund the cost of training in whole or in part, as may be determined by Govt.& all money received by him/her as pay & allowances from the Govt. together with the interest on the said money calculated at the rate in force for Govt loans.
For more information on INET 2019, please read notification.
If you have any queries regarding INET 2019, then please ask in comments below.