Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) has issued released a notification for the recruitment to the Post of Head Constable(Combatant Ministerial) through online mode only. Total No of Vacancies are 62(may vary due to administrative reasons). Applications for the said post are invited from Male & Female Indian citizens (including subjects of Nepal & Bhutan) for filling up vacancies of the posts of Head Constable / Combatant Ministerial, Group ‘C’ (non-Gazetted), on temporary basis likely to be permanent in ITBPF. The post has all India liability and selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India and even abroad. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of 3 Phase Recruitment test. Fetch all details regarding ITBP Recruitment Head Constable Recruitment through the article below.
ITBP Recruitment Head Constable 2017
Candidates who want to Appear for Recruitment Test must fill an Online application form and Submit it on or before the last date as per the schedule provided below. The applicants are advised to check their eligibility before applying so as to avoid disappointment at a later stage.
|Opening date of Application Process||14 Oct 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application||13 Nov 2017|
|Admit Card||to be announced|
|Written Exam||to be announced|
|Result||to be announced|
Candidates can check more details about ITBP Head Constable Recruitment Application Form, Admit card and Result through the Quick Link Section below.
ITBP Head Constable Recruitment Vacancy Details
Organizing Body: ITBP
Name of the Post: Head Constable (Combatant Ministerial)
Total No of Vacancies: 62
Pay Scale: Level – 4 in the pay Matrix- Rs. 25500 – 81100(as per 7th CPC).
Application fee: Male candidates belonging to General (UR)/OBC category applying for recruitment to the above posts should pay Rs 100/- and Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Females and Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the fee.
Age Limit(as on 01 Aug 2017): 18 to 25 years (Direct Entry) & upto 40 years for UR&OBC and 45 years for SC/ST candidate of LDCE.
Minimum Qualification: Candidates must have passed Intermediate from a recognized Board or University or equivalent.
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be selected on the basis of 3 Phase Recruitment test.
ITBP Head Constable Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
- Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination from a recognized Board or University or equivalent.
- Typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi only on computer.
Age relaxation available to different category of eligible candidates, Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit are as under
- SC/ST: 5 years
- OBC: 3 years
- Ex-Servicemen(Unreserved/ General): 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.
- Ex-Servicemen (OBC): 6 years (3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.
- Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST): 8 years (3 years + 5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age.
- Government servant (other than ITBP): 5 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government
Minimum Medical Standards
- Eye Sight: The minimum distance vision shall be 6/6 and 6/9 for both eyes without correction i.e. without wearing spectacles or lenses
- A colour blind person shall not be eligible for recruitment. If at any stage of service career a person is found to be colour blind, he will be medically boarded out as per SHAPE policy in vogue in the Force;
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose veins or squint in eyes
- Must be in mental and bodily health and free from any physical or medical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties of Armed Force.
ITBP Head Constable Recruitment Exam Pattern
The candidates who report on the basis of admit card will have to undergo the following recruitment tests
Phase – I
- Height Bar – At the very beginning of recruitment process, candidates will go through the height bar test. The candidates not meeting the prescribed height will be eliminated.
- Physical Efficiency Test: Those who qualify the Height Bar Test, will be subjected to physical efficiency test. The events of the PET are as follows
Note: No marks will be awarded for this test and it will be only qualifying in nature. Those who do not qualify will be eliminated.
- Physical Standard Test: Candidates who qualify the PET will be screened for Height, Chest (Chest measurement for male candidate only) and Weight measurements. Those who do not meet the required physical measurements as applicable will be eliminated at this stage.
- Biometric Identification: Candidates who qualify Physical Standard Test are required to undergo biometric identification. However, biometric identification of candidates can be taken at any stage of recruitment.
Phase – II
Written Examination (100 Marks): The candidates qualified in PST will be required to pass the written examination (Objective type-OMR Based) consisting of following
- Qualifying marks shall be 35% for General Candidates & Ex-Servicemen and 33% for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes /Other Backward Class in the written examination.
- Candidates to the tune of 20 times category wise vacancies will be called to appear in Skill Test of Direct Recruitment on merit basis.
- All candidates of LDCE recruitment, who qualify in written test will be called for skill test.
- The Skill Test will comprise of typing test on computer. Minimum speed of 35 words per minute in English typing or minimum speed of 30 words per minute in Hindi typing within 10 minutes corresponding to 10500 KDPH for English Typing and 9000 KDPH for Hindi Typing an average of 5 Key depressions for each word.E
- English typing will be conducted in ‘Times New Roman’ Font only and Hindi typing will be conducted either on Remington or Inscript Keyboard in Unicode encoding compliant Font ‘Mangal’ only.
- The Skill Test will be qualifying in nature.
Phase – III
Verification of Original Documents
Testimonials of the candidates will be checked before Detailed Medical Examination (DME). Original documents will be returned on the spot after verification and self-attested copies of certificates will be retained with the application. Original copy of following documents will be required for verification
- Educational Certificate(s)
- Date of birth Certificate (Matriculation or 10th Class Certificate);
- Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Certificate
- Domicile Certificate issued by local revenue authorities or PAN Card or Adhar Card or Driving License or Voter Card for verification of citizenship.
- Discharge certificate in case of Ex-Servicemen
- One latest passport size photograph
- Certificate for claiming relaxation in height & chest (if applicable).
Detailed Medical Examination
Candidates shortlisted in order of merit in each category will be put through Detailed Medical Examination to assess their fitness as per MHA Guidelines for Recruitment Medical Examination in Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles.
ITBP Head Constable Recruitment Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis their performance in Series of Tests which Includes Height Bar, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Standard Test, Written Examination, Skill Test and Medical Examination. Finally, candidates will be selected temporary basis likely to be permanent in ITBPF. The post has All India liability and selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India and even abroad.