JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2022 – Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission has released the official notification for the Combined Competitive Examination. The notification contains the JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2022 on the basis of which the exam will be conducted. The whole process of recruitment consist of 3 stages – Preliminary stage, Mains stage and Interview stage. Candidates will be shortlisted for mains exam on the basis of the marks obtained in the preliminary exam. This article will provide you with all the required information regarding the JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2022.
JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2022
JKPSC KAS exam consists of 3 stages – Prelims, mains & interview. Check below the exam pattern of prelims and mains examination.
Pattern of Prelims
- Mode of exam :- Paper will be Offline,i.e. pen & paper mode.
- Language of exam :- Exam will be conducted in English language only.
- No. of papers :- There will be 2 papers.
- Type of question :- All the questions will be Objective Type.
- Marks per question :- 1 marks per question will be awarded.
- Negative Marking :- Yes, -0.33 per incorrect answer will be deducted.
|Papers||Number of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Studies I||200||200||2 hours|
|General Studies II (qualifying)||200||200||2 hours|
Pattern of Mains
- Mode of exam :- Paper will be Offline, i.e pen & paper mode.
- Type of question :- Questions will be essay type.
- Number of papers :- There will be a total of 8 papers.
- Level of question :- The level will be of Higher secondary and Graduation.
- Duration of exam :- Each paper will be of 3 hours.
|Compulsory English (qualifying)||3 hours||300|
|General Studies I||3 hours||250|
|General Studies II||3 hours||250|
|General Studies III||3 hours||250|
|General Studies IV||3 hours||250|
|Optional Paper I||3 hours||250|
|Optional Paper II||3 hours||250|
JKPSC KAS Exam Syllabus 2022
The JKPSC KAS Exam syllabus for prelims and mains has been described below:
Syllabus for Prelims
- Paper I
- Current events of National and International importance;
- History of India and Indian National Movement;
- Indian and World Geography–Physical, Social,
- Economic Geography of India and the world; Indian Polity and Governance–Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues etc;
- Economic and Social Development–Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc;
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change–that do not require subject specialisation;
- General Science;
- Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision-making and problem-solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.–Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.–Class X level)
Syllabus for Mains
- Paper I (English)
- Comprehension of given passages.
- Precise Writing.
- Usage and Vocabulary.
- Short Essays.
- Paper II (Essay)
- Candidates may be required to write essays on multiple topics.
- Paper III (General Studies I)
- Indian Heritage and Culture,
- History and Geography of the World
- Paper IV ( General Studies II)
- Social Justice
- International relations.
- Paper V (General Studies III)
- Economic Development,
- Biodiversity, Environment,
- Disaster Management.
- Paper VI (General Studies IV)
- Paper VII & VIII (Optional Paper I & II)
- Paper VII and VIII will be optional papers that every individual has to choose from the list of 26 subjects mentioned on the official website. The syllabus for this paper will be of the graduation level of that subject.
About JKPSC KAS
Jammu & Kashmir Combined Competitive Exam is a state level exam conducted by Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission. This exam is also known as Kashmir Administrative Service (KAS) Exam. It is a state level exam. Vacancies in J&K Administrative Service, J&K Police Service and J&K Accounts Service are filled through this exam. The minimum academic eligibility to appear in this exam is graduation.
JKPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2022 FAQs
Ans: 33% marks is required to qualify GS II in prelims.
Ans: No, the English paper of mains is only for qualifying.
Ans: 25% marks is required to qualify the English paper of mains.
Ans: The question of optional paper will be of graduation level.
Leave a Reply