Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited (OPTCL) is one of the largest Transmission Utility in the country. The PSU was established in 2004 under the Companies Act, 1956. It is owned by the Government of Odisha. The Company has undertaken the business of transmission and wheeling of electricity in the State. The registered office of the Company is situated at Bhubaneswar. Its projects are spread across the state. OPTCL started commercial operation from 01st April 2005. It became fully operational from 9th June 2005. Today, the company is carrying on an intra state transmission and wheeling of electricity under a license issued by the Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission.
The Company is also discharging the functions of State Load Despatch Centre. The Company owns Extra High Voltage Transmission system and operates about 13,076.997 ckt kms of transmission lines at 400 kV, 220 kV, 132 kV levels and 133 nos. of substations with transformation capacity of 16,514.50 MVA having 340 nos of transformers. The day-to-day affairs of the Company are managed by the Managing Director assisted by whole-time Functional Directors as per the advice of the Board of Directors constituted. They are in turn assisted by a team of dedicated and experienced professionals in the various fields.
It is of utmost importance to have a structure in a big organisation. Having a structure helps the organisation in many ways.
How to apply – Candidate can apply through Online mode from the official website of “Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited”.
Career Prospects with OPTCL
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria may choose to apply for the various posts in the PSU. Some of the vacancies that the company organizes each year are mentioned below:-
- Degree & Diploma Apprentice – Advertisement | Notice Regarding Date & Venue of Document Verification and Interview | List of Shortlisted Candidates
- DGM(Law)/ Legal Consultant – Advertisement | Application Format
- Medical Officer & Assistant Medical Officer – Notification | Application Format
- Management Trainee & Junior Management Trainee
- Office assistant Grade-III
- Asst Medical Technician
- Asst Pharmacist
- MT-Company Secretary
- MT-Corporate Relation
- Stenographer Gr-III
- Junior Telecom Technician Trainee (JTTT)
- Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee(JMOT)
- MT(JR) Finance
- MT (I.T)
- MT (LAW)
- MT-JR (I.T)
- MT-JR (Telecom)
- MT (HRD)
- MT (Finance)
- MT (Electrical)
- MT-JR (Electrical)
|Important dates for GATE 2018|
|Commencement of online application||01 September 2017|
|Last date of online application||05 October 2017|
|Online exam||03, 04,10 and 11 February 2018|
|Announcement of Result||17 March 2018|
|Important dates for OPTCL Recruitment 2018|
|Commencement of online application form||To be announced|
|Last date of online application form||To be announced|
|Interview date||To be announced|
- Written test
- However the final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the prescribed standard. On selection, candidates can be posted at any of the existing/ future offices of OPTCL throughout Odisha.
New Projects handled
The OPGW is constantly putting efforts to engage and open new fronts of innovation. In the line, it has already set its course. Let us take a look at the New Projects.
Expansion of OPGW network
- Objective- Extend OPGW to all generating stations and Substations of 220kV. Enhance SCADA integration from existing 12 numbers to 34. The project’s core aim is to provide broadband connectivity for acquisition of data from new substations of OPTCL as well as upcoming IPP/CGP/CGS.
- Present Status– The Project is in active progress through consultancy service of PGCIL.
2. SCADA integration of all other Grid Substations of OPTCL
- Objective- To install RTU in around 35 existing substations and left stations.
- Present Status– Machh Kund HPS (generating station) is under progress
- Estimated cost- Rs 36 crores.
- Progress Report- The Project has already started and RTUs are delivered at the respective sites for commissioning .
- Contractor- M/S Chemtrols pvt. Ltd.
- What’s New– The new RTUs shall be integrated to the existing ULDC SCADA database. The Up gradation of the control center for existing EMS/SCADA System at SLDC and provision of a backup Control center for SLDC at Meramundali are also the parts of this project.
- What’s for future- another 6 grid sub-stations may be undertaken by PGCIL for OPTCL alongwith 18 upcoming substations.
Reframing of Microwave Radio links
- Present status- running on 2Mbps Channel of Powertel temporarily. Terminal Equipments at all stations are installed temporarily to vacate MW frequency within the deadline set by Govt. of India at that time. This work is being done centrally by power grid for all the eastern region states with coordination from the respective constituents.
PLCC aided line Protection Scheme
- About the Project- it serves as a protection scheme that uses an interfacing equipment called coupler between Protection relay and communication link. The tripping command originating from protection relay at one end gets transferred over PLCC and actuates protection relay at the opposite end of the line section at the shortest time, so that simultaneous tripping of circuit breakers at both ends is possible.
- Present status- 14 number of line sections have been provided with protection couplers and presently in operation.
- What’s for future– deployment of protection couplers in the balance 220kV line sections.