Odisha Staff Selection Commission has recently released a notification for the OSSC ACTO Recruitment 2016-17 to fill up 115 vacant posts of Assistant Commercial Tax Officer on contractual basis ( Post Code – 01/ACTO ) under Commissioner of Commercial taxes under Odisha, Cuttack. Students who possess Bachelor’s Degree looking for government job in Odisha can take advantage of this State government opportunity. Interested candidates can check the complete details of OSSC ACTO Recruitment 2016-17 like Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Result etc on this page.
|Official Advertisement||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
OSSC ACTO Recruitment 2016 – 2017
Interested and Eligible candidates are encouraged to participate in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission ACTO Recruitment 2016. They can fill their Application online as per schedule mentioned below. Candidates are advised must read the instruction carefully before filling the online application.
Total no. of Vacancies -115
Post Name – Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
Age Limit – Between 21 to 32 years as on 01 Jan 2016
Educational Qualification – Candidates passed in Bachelor’s Degree and cleared Middle School Exam in Odia Language.
Selection Process– Candidates will have to pass a three-stage examination namely, Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Viva Voce Test.
Application Fee – Rs 100/- (Gen / OBC)
How to Apply – The Applications are to be submitted online through the official website of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
|Opening date of Application||22 Aug 2016|
|Closing date of Application|
|Date of Examination||26 Nov 2017|
OSSC ACTO Application Form 2016
OSSC ACTO Application Form for various posts is available online at official website of www.ossc.gov.in Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the Online OSSC ACTO Application Form 2016. Candidates can also fill their Application form from the direct link provided below.
OSSC Application Form 2016: Application process is over now.
How To Apply
- Candidates have to apply online using website of the Commission. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website OR by clicking the direct link above.
- Instructions for submitting the application online are displayed on the computer screen. Read the instructions carefully. The candidate has to select the particular post to submit application by clicking the tab “apply online” at the bottom of this page.
- Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen. The filled in Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit’ button.
- After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen.
- Upload Scanned documents if required.
- The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application Form.
- The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy.
Only Special category candidates are required to send the OSSC Copy through Speed Post within 15 days after the last date of submission of application form. Rest of the candidates shall preserve the OSSC with themselves.
OSSC ACTO Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for appearing in the exam, a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should have age between 21 to 32 years as on 01 Jan 2016.
- Candidate should be able to write and read Odia and have passed Middle School Examination with odia as a language subject.
- Candidates should have passed Matriculation and equivalent examination with odia as medium of Examination in non language subject
- Candidates should have passed in Odia as language subject in the Final examination of Class VII from a School or recognised By State of govt. Or the Central govt.
- Candidate should have a good mental and body health and free from a physical defect.
OSSC ACTO Exam Pattern 2016
Preliminary Examination: The preliminary examination will be of 100 marks on General Awareness with Multiple Choices Questions (MCQ). Duration of the exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes. There will be negative marking of 0.25 percent marks for each wrong answer. This examination will be a screening test, qualifying in nature to shortlist candidates for main written examination. Candidates about 12 times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing the main written examination.
Main Written Examination: There are three question paper of 100 marks each. Each paper duration is 1 hours and 30 minutes. There is no negative marking in main examination. Candidates about 3 times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing in Viva-Voca Test.
Viva Voca Test: It is conducted for 30 marks.
OSSC ACTO Syllabus 2016
In Preliminary Examination Questions will be on the subject like Arithmetic, General Knowledge, English & Odia (25-marks in each subject). The questions of Odia & English are to test the candidate’s English and Odia language proficiency, grammar and usage. General knowledge includes subjects like General Science, Current events. History and Geography of lndia / Odisha, Indian polity & Constitution, Socio economic scenario of
lndia / Odisha, issues in Environment & Human rights. The questions of Arithmetic
will be of HSC standard.
Main Written Examination
Arithmetic: Vulgar Fraction and decimal, H.C.F., Simple and Compound practice and L.C.M, Simple and Compound interest, rates and taxes, Insurances, Square and Cubic measures in metric system, ratio and proportion, problems on time & work and time & distance, Profit & Loss. The standard will be equal to that of High School Certificate
- An Essay to be written in English
- A letter to be written in English
- Summary or pre’cis of two English passages
- Translation and re-translation from English passage to Odia and Odia passage to English
General Knowledge will be a test of awareness of current events, particularly in respect of Odisha; History, art literature, culture of Odisha; and other matters of day to day observation and experience and basic computer knowledge.