India Post Recruitment 2020 – India Post is operated by the government of India. Commonly, India post office is known as ‘the post office’ in India. India Post Office was established in the year 1854 by Lord Dalhousie. Under the Post Office Act 1854, India POstal service improved and paved a path for Post Offices in India. With the increasing post offices, the number of employees was also required. Hence, India Post offers various vacant posts each year in different states. To know more information about India Post recruitment 2020, refer to this article.
India Post Recruitment 2020
Each Postal Circle releases its different recruitment for various posts. To know about various postal circles’ recruitment, click on the links provided below:
- UP Postal Circle Recruitment 2020 – Gramin Dak Sevak
- Department of Posts, India Recruitment – Managers & Superintendent
- AP Postal circle Recruitment
- Chhattisgarh Postal Circle Recruitment
- Delhi Post office Recruitment
- Gujarat Post Office Recruitment
- Kerala Postal Recruitment
- Maharashtra Postal circle Recruitment
- Odisha Postal Circle Recruitment
- Rajasthan Post Office Recruitment
- Tamil Nadu Post Office
- TS Postal Circle Recruitment
- Uttrakhand Post Office Recruitment
Postal Circles and its divisions in India
India has been divided into 23 postal circles. Get to know about the further division of postal circles in the country, refer to points below:
- Each circle is headed by a chield Postmaster General.
- Each circle is further divided into regions. Each region is headed by Postmaster General.
- These regions include several divisions. These divisions are further divided into subdivisions.
Apart from these 23 postal circles, there is a base circle. This base circle provides postal services to Armed Forces of India. The base circle of Armed Forces is headed by a Director general.
Some Postal of India Post
- Rafi Ahmad Kidwai National Postal Academy (RAKNPA), Ghaziabad
- APS Website
- Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle
- Chennai City Postal Region
- Haryana Postal Circle
- Karnataka POstal circle
- Kerala Postal circle
- Maharashtra Postal Circle
- Odisha Postal circle
- Tamil Nadu Postal Circle
- Uttarakhand Postal circle
- The postal training centre, Guwahati
- Postal training centre, Mysore
- Postal Training Centre, Darbhanga
- ePost Office
- Jharkhand Postal Circle
- Madhya Pradesh Postal Circle
- West Bengal Postal circle
- Online Gramin Dak Sevak Engagement
Services Provided by India Post Service
The services that India ost Office Provides are as follows:
- Army Postal Service
- Electronic Indian Postal Order
- Postal Life insurance
- Postal savings
- Data collection
- E-Commerce delivery
- Some other services which are as follows:
- Post boxes and post bags for mail receipt
- Speed Post
- Identity cards for proof of residence
- India Post ATM
- RMS (Railway Mail Service)
- Post office Passport Seva Kendras (POPSK)
- Aadhaar Enrollment and Updation.
- Western Union.
- Postal Life Insurance and Rural Postal Life Insurance.
- Savings Bank (SB/RD/TD/MIS/SCSS/PPF/SSA)
- Savings Cash Certificates.
- India Post Payments Bank.
- Stamp Sales.
indiapost.gv.in is the official website of India post Service. People can get every information related to India POst from the official website. They can calculate postage, find pin code, get a stamp, postal life insurance, locate post office, know about post office saving bank, notifications related to current recruitment and other information. People can get more information about the India Post by clicking on ‘about us’ section. With the feature of track and trace, people can track their posts now.
Navigate through the website
Navigation of India Post website is not that tricky. People can get every information related to the post and its services right after opening the website. Scroll down a little, where aspirants get notification related to the India Post recruitment. Just below this, aspirants also gets the ‘opportunities’ section. Under this section, they will get to know about various recruitment and its process. For an employee of India post, there a separate section; ’employee corner’. Employee gets to know about their promotion, posting, results and other information.
Organization of India Post Service
- Shri. Pradipta Kumar Bisoi, Secretary, Department of Posts and Chairperson
- Shri Salim Haque, Director General (Posts)
- Ms.Arundhaty Ghosh, Member (Operations)
- Shri Vineet Pandey, Member (Technology)
- Shri Vishva Pavan Pati, Additional Director General (Coordination)
- Dr Santosh Kumar Kamila , Member (Personnel)
- Shri Ashok Pal Singh, Member (Banking & DBT)
- Shri Sukhdev Raj, Member (Planning & HRD)
- Shri Alok Sharma, Member (PLI) and Chairman, PLI Investment Board
Department of Posts – Functional Units
Project Arrow of India Post
Project arrow upgrades and improves the post offices in urban and rural India. It was launched in April 2008. Get more information about the Project arrow below:
- Project Arrows was launched to improve the condition of postal services of the country.
- The project aims to create a free and effective environment for employees and customers.
- It provides IT services, mail delivery service, remittances (electronic and manual), and postal savings plans to its customers.
- Project Arrow’s main motive was the improvisation of branding, human resources, information technology and infrastructure.
- This project has been implemented for more than 23,5000 post offices and ‘look and feel’ improvements are made in 2940 post offices.
- Project Arrow has received the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration during 2008-2009 on April 21, 2010.
- Multi-purpose counter machines have been installed in several post offices in 1991. This helped in improving customer service and staff productivity.
- Out of 25000 department post offices, 24464 post offices are computerized till 21011 to 2012. This plan cost Rs.1877.2 crore.