OSSTET 2021: The official answer key of OSSTET 2021 is now available. Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSE) conducted the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) on September 01, 2021. Moreover, OSSTET is a qualifying exam that consists of 02 papers for different categories of teachers (Trained Graduate Teachers & Physical Education). It is mandatory to qualify for the TET exam in order to apply for recruitment as a secondary teacher in Government/Government Aided schools of Odisha. Get the complete deTtails of OSSTET 2021 in this article.
Latest: The official answer key for OSSETET 2021 is now available. Check here
OSSTET is conducted every year to determine eligibility for recruitment as a teacher in government schools of Odisha. One of the most important eligibility conditions to appear on the OSSTET exam is the reading and writing knowledge of the Odia language. The BSE Odisha conducts the exam as per the schedule released on the official website. Check out all the important dates related to OSSTET 2021 below.
|Important event||Expected Date|
|Start of online application||02 Jul 2021|
|Last to apply online|
20 Jul 2021
|Last date to pay fee|
20 Jul 2021
|Admit card release||25 Aug 2021|
01 Sep 2021
|Answer key release||16 Sep 2021|
|Results publication||To Be Announced|
OSSTET Latest News
September 02, 2021: OSSTET Answer Key 2021: Check CDP, Language 1, 2, Subject Wise Answers of Paper 1, 2. Read More
August 25, 2021: OSSTET Admit Card 2021 To Be Released Soon; Exam Date is 27 August. Read More.
August 24, 2021: As per the reports, BSE Odisha might postpone and reschedule OSSTET 2021 exam to September 01, 2021. There are several state-level exams on August 27, 2021. Hence, the exam might get postponed. Official notification in this regard shall release soon.
July 31, 2021: OSSTET 2021 exam on August 27, 2021; Clashes with OPSC Civil Service 2021 Exam. Read more.
July 01, 2021: Official notification for OSSTET 2021 exam is out. Online registrations started. Read more.
Overview of OSSTET
OSSTET exam is conducted for two main categories where category 1 corresponds to education teachers and category 2 corresponds to physical education teachers. The OSSTET qualification is necessary to apply for recruitment as a teacher of the relevant area in schools of Odisha. Check out the main aspects of the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) below.
|Exam Name||Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education, Odisha|
|Last conducted in||2019|
|Post details||Education Teacher|
Physical Education Teacher
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fees||Rs 500/- for each paper|
OSSTET Answer Key 2021
The Board of Secondary Education releases the official answer key of both the papers once the exam is concluded successfully. The answer key releases online on the website bseodisha.ac.in. The direct link to download the OSSTET Answer key 2021 are available as soon as they are released officially. Moreover, aspirants can use the answer keys can aid in estimating the score they are likely to secure in the exam. Apart from this, candidates are also provided with the option of raising objections against the provisional answer keys that are released at first.
OSSTET Admit Card 2021
Board of Secondary Education, Odisha releases the OSSTET admit card after the registration process is over. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website, bseodisha.ac.in. They must have their registered email address and password to login and download the admit card. Moreover, candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center along with a photo ID card. At the exam centre, candidates are asked to produce these documents for verification. In case a candidate forgets to produce such document, they are not allowed to take the exam.
OSSTET Preparation Tips
Before going about the exam, it is important that candidates prepare well to secure higher marks in the exam. It is important that any preparation strategy must start with awareness of the syllabus of the exam. Therefore, follow the tips and tricks given below as suggested by the exam experts and toppers.
- Get some good learning resources before starting OSSTET preparations. Collect question papers, mock tests, question banks, and previous year papers to prepare from.
- Devise a study schedule and allocate time to study each section/subject. Accordingly, organize the study plan so that candidates can cover the syllabus in time.
- Refer to previous year papers to increase the chances of getting common questions when appearing in the exam. Questions are often repeated from OSSTET previous year question paper sets in competitive exams like this.
- Solve mock tests to enhance time management skills. Make sure that candidates always focus on increasing the number of good attempts while solving mock tests.
- DO not forget to take short notes of whatever you study. These will come in handy for last-minute revisions.
OSSTET Strategy To Study & Crack The Exam
Adopting a smart study strategy that can cover the preparations effectively for all subjects is important. Without an effective study strategy, it becomes a confusing task to ace the exam in one attempt. Refer to the video below.
OSSTET Syllabus 2021
Candidates can download the syllabus by visiting the official website of bseodisha.nic.in. Under the tab of notification, the OSSTET syllabus link is available. Candidates have to click on that link to download the syllabus for all the subjects. The syllabus of each subject and language paper is provided.
OSSTET Paper 1 Syllabus
- Language I MIL Odia
- Language II English
- Mathematics and Science/ Social Studies/ Hindi/ Sanskrit/ Telugu/ Urdu
- Child Development, School Management and Evaluation
OSSTET Paper II Syllabus
- Language I MIL Odia
- Language II English
- Contens of C.P.Ed and B.P.Ed course
- Child Development, School Management and Evaluation
OSSTET Exam Pattern 2021
In this section, the OSSTET exam pattern is discussed in detail. With this, canddiates will get to know the fundamental aspects of the exam and what type of questions are actuall asked in exam.
- Duration of OSSTET Examination – 2 hours 30 minutes are provided for each paper.
- Medium of Language – Question paper will be in the English language except for language papers.
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- No. of Papers – 2 (For category i.e Education Teachers and category 2 for Physical Education Teachers )
- Sections – There will be 4 sections in the examination which are as follows:
Correct Answer: 01 Marks
Incorrect Answer: 00 Marks
Important points to remember about the exam pattern of OSSTET
- It is mandatory to select Language 1 (Odia) for all posts.
- It is mandatory to select English as Language 2 for all posts.
- Paper-II, which is for Physical Education Teachers is based on the C.P.Ed. course. In the case of TGT (Arts) and TGT (science for both PCM and CBZ), the language of the paper is English. Classical Teacher (Sanskrit/Telugu/Urdu) & Hindi or any other subject-specific question paper is set in the respective languages.
- This section contains questions that are based on the subjects of Child Development, Pedagogy, and School Management.
OSSTET Notification 2021
The official notification for the OSSTET exam is now available on the official website of BSE Odisha. In the notification, candidates can check the eligibility, number of attempts, and other crucial information. Refer to the snapshot of the notification below.
OSSTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It’s advised that all candidates must check the eligibility before filling out the application form. The complete OSSTET eligibility is mentioned below in a comprehensive manner for the convenience of readers and applicants.
- Citizenship – Must have Indian citizenship.
- Qualification – The candidate must be able to read and write in the Odia language. Any one of the following qualifications will be required to fill the form.
- The Applicant must have passed 10+2 from the Odisha Board or equivalent examination from other boards like CBSE, ICSE with Odia as a language subject.
- The candidate must have cleared 10+2 examination from Odisha with Odia as a subject.
- He must have passed the Odia 10th Examination conducted by B.S.E. Odisha.
- In case the candidate desires to be a language teacher like Hindi/ Classical Teachers (Sanskrit/ Telugu/ Urdu), passing Odia Examination of 07th Standard conducted by B.S.E., Odisha shall be allowed.
- OSSTET Exam is conducted in two different categories. Read about the eligibility for both categories below
- Category – I: Education Teachers ( Graduate Trained Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/Classical Teacher (Urdu, Sanskrit, Telugu)
- Category – II: Physial Education Teachers
OSSTET Application Form 2021
Application forms for the OSSTET release on the official website of BSE Odisha. Eligible candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria can check the procedure on how to submit OSSTET application form below.
How to apply?
- At first, open the official BSE Odisha website using a compatible web browser.
- Next, click on the “New User” button for OSSTET registration.
- Now login with the credentials generated to fill up the application form.
- Hereafter, the application fee can be submitted online before the submission of the application.
- Click on “Submit” to finally submit the application form.
Check out the application fee for different categories below.
Mode of Payment
The BSE Odisha provides both online and offline channels for the payment of the application fee. The applicant can pay the fee in the following modes.
- Net Banking
- Debit/Credit Card
- Through Bank Challan (offline)
OSSTET Qualifying Marks
Candidates have to qualify the exam to qualify as eligible for recruitment to the post of a teacher. The minimum marks required to clear the examination for both the papers is given below.
OSSTET Result 2021
After the release of the final answer keys, the BSE declares the final result for the exam. OSSTET Result 2021 is declared online through the official website of the Board, bseodisha.ac.in. The final result consist of the merit list of all the selected candidates who are awarded the certificate. Qualifying cndidates can use this TET certificate to apply for various teacher recruitment of the Odisha state.
Validity of OSSTET Certificate
The OSSTET certificate shall remain valid till the candidate reaches upper age limit prescribed for recruitment of teachers.
The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSE) is a board of education for private and public schools under the state government of Odisha. The board regulates and conducts all the secondary education. The Board offers various courses to students. The BSE is entrusted with the responsibility to affiliate state and private schools, and colleges in Odisha. It conducts the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) on a yearly basis. The website can be accessed from the direct link provided below.
|Complete application form guidelines||Click here|
|Format For Continuing Certificate Of OSSTET||Click here|
|Official notification||Download here|
Ans.Aspirants ho have passed graduation and B.ed are eligible for OSSTET Category I. To apply for OSSTET Category II, candidates should have passed 12th class with C.P.Ed./ B.P.Ed./ M.P.Ed.
Ans. The OSSTET certificate remains valid till the candidate reaches upper age limit prescribed for recruitment of teachers.
Ans. No. Qualifying OSSTET exam helps candidates to apply for teaching jobs. It is an eligibility test and does not offer any job.