OSSTET 2019 – Board of Secondary Education, Odisha has releases the admit card for OSSTET 2019. The admit cardis available online at osstet.co.in. Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET) is an exam conducted for the post of a teacher. Candidates willing to make their career in teaching can apply for the same by fulfilling all the eligibility criteria. A candidate must know how to read and write Odia language. Check the article below to know about OSSTET 2019, including application form, syllabus, exam centre, etc.
Latest: OSSTET 2019 admit card 2019-2020 is now available. Download here
OSSTET is conducted every year for the recruitment of teachers for different subjects. Candidates can check from the table the OSSTET 2019 Important dates.
|Release of Application Form||07 Dec 2019|
|Last date to fill Application Form|
|Last date of payment of application fee online|
|Download of Admit Card||15 Jan 2020|
|Examination Date||22 Jan 2020|
OSSTET 2019 Admit Card
Board of Secondary Education, Odisha will release the OSSTET 2019 Hall Ticket. Admit cards will be released one week before the examination. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website or the link will also be provided on this page for downloading the same. Candidates must carry the admit card with them on the examination date as without it the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the examination. Along with it, candidate must carry the govt. issued ID card that must be valid and not- expired.
OSSTET 2019 Exam Pattern
Examinees must check the exam pattern and on the basis of it the examination strategies or preparation can be done. Get the OSSTET 2019 examination pattern and syllabus from here.
- Duration of OSSTET Examination – 2 hours 30 minutes are provided for each paper.
- Medium of Language – Question paper will be in English language except for language papers.
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- No. of Papers – 2 (For category i.e Education Teachers and category 2 for Physical Education Teachers )
- Marking Scheme – +1 mark for every correct answer and 0 for an incorrect answer.
- Sections – There will be 4 sections in the examination which are as follows:
- Section 1 – Language 1 (Odia) will be compulsory to attempt for all posts.
- Section 2 – Language 2 (English) will be compulsory for all posts.
- Section 3 – For Paper II Physical Education Teacher (category 2 ) the paper will be from C.P.Ed. course. Under stream TGT (Arts) and TGT (science for both PCM and CBZ), questions are asked in English. The questions in other streams like Hindi teacher and classical teacher (Sanskrit/Telugu/Urdu) will be in the respective languages.
- Section 4 – Topics based on Child Development, Pedagogy and School Management.
Click here to check detailed exam scheme.
OSSTET 2019 Exam Centers
Candidates can check from the map which is given below the examination centers where the exam will conduct. Applicant must note that no change will be considered for a change in the examination centers.
OSSTET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It’s advised that candidate must check the criteria of eligibility before filling out the application form to avoid rejections of application form in any way. Eligibility criteria is mentioned candidate can read from below.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Qualification – The candidate must be able to read and write in Odia language. Any one of the following qualifications will be required to fill the form.
- The Applicant must have passed HSC from the Odisha Board or equivalent examination from other boards like CBSE , ICSE with Odia as a language subject.
- The candidate have cleared 10+2 examination from Odisha with Odia as an examination subject.
- He must have passed Odia 10th Examination conducted by B.S.E. Odisha.
- In case the candidate desire to be language teacher like Hindi/ Classical Teachers (Sanskrit/ Telgu/ Urdu), passing Odia Examination of 07th Standard conducted by B.S.E., Odisha shall be allowed.
- Academic and Professional Qualification –
OSSTET Examination 2019 will be conduct in two different parts. Read from below about both the categories.
- Category – I
Education Teachers ( Graduate Trained Teachers in Science/ Arts, Hindi/Classical Teacher (Urdu, Sanskrit, Telgu)
- Category – II
The second category is for Physical Education Teacher.
Qualifications required for both the categories are given below:
OSSTET 2019 Application Form
Application forms for the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET will be released by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE). OSSTET Application Form will be filled in the online mode. The candidates will be able to fill the form from the official website or the link for the same will also be provided on this page for the ease of candidates. It’s advised that the candidate must recheck the details before submitting it as no further changes will be given for the modification in the application form. The form will be considered submitted only after paying the OSSTET Application Fee.
Application Fee – Check the application fee from below for different categories.
- General Category/OCS/SEBC – Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST – Rs. 300/-
Mode of Payment – Applicant can pay the fee in the following four modes.
- Net Banking
- Debit/Credit Card
- Through Bank Challan (offline)
OSSTET 2019 Answer Key
The Board of Secondary Education will release the answer key for both the papers. The answer key will be released online on the website osstet.co.in. The direct link to download the OSSTET Answer key 2019 will also be provided on this page once it will get released. The answer key will help the candidates in calculating the probable score they are likely to get in the exam. Apart from this candidate will also be provided with the option of filling or raising the objection against the answer. The option for raising the challenge will be made available for the stipulated time.
OSSTET 2019 Result
After all the corrections and the release of the final answer key the conducting body will release the result for the exam. OSSTET Result 2019 will be declared in online manner.Those candidates who have given the examination will be able to check the results from the official website or it can be checked from this page as the link for the result will also be updated here once it will get released. Candidate must carry the copy of it as it can be needed at any stage of the recruitment process.
OSSTET 2019 Cutoff Marks
Candidates have to qualify the exam to get selected for the post of a teacher. The minimum marks required to clear the examination for both the papers is given below.
OSSTET 2019 Syllabus
As the notification for OSSTET 2019 is out, interested candidates can start their preparation for the examination. Candidates can download syllabus by visiting the official website of bseodisha.nic.in. Under the tab, notification, ‘OSSTET syllabus’ link is available. Candidates have to click on that link to downlaod the syllabus for all the subjects.
About Board of Secondary Education, Odisha
The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha (BSE) is a board of education for private and public schools under the state government of Odisha. The board regulates and conducts all the secondary education. Under this board, various courses are offered to students. The BSE affiliates all state schools, private schools and colleges in the state of odisha.
Official Website: bseodisha.nic.in
For more details regarding OSSTET 2019 dowload:
OSSTET 2019 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates must have pass 12th standard and have knowledge about Odia language.
Ans : The pass certificate remains valid until the candidate reaches the upper age limit as prescribed by the government.
Ans : Candidates have to pay Rs.300/- (SC/ST) and Rs.500/- (for general/OBC/SEBC).
Ans : Candidates can pay the application fee through offline and online mode.
Ans : Candidates have to secure minimum of 60% to qualify for OSSTET and get a pass certificate.