The Punjab Public Service Commission has published a notification for the Public Civil Service (Judicial Branch) Examination 2017 which is conducted jointly by Punjab Public Service Commission and Hon’ble High Court of Punjab & Haryana for recruitment to the One Hundred twenty one posts of Civil Judge. Result of PPSC Civil Judge Preliminary Examination 2017 has already been announced. Now candidates who have qualified the preliminary exam can fill the application form for the main exam.
The complete process for recruitment to the One Hundred twenty one posts of Civil Judge is given on this page. Interested candidates can check all the information related to PPSC Civil Judge 2016-17 Examination on this page like important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, etc.
Latest – PPSC Civil Judge Main Examination 2016-17 will be held on 25 Aug to 27 Aug 2017 at D.A.V College Sector-10 Chandigarh. Admit Card is available to download from 14 Aug 2017.
|Notification||Prelims | Mains|
|Admit Card||Click here|
|Answer Key||Click here|
PPSC Civil Judge 2016 – 2017 Examination
Interested candidates can apply for PPSC Civil Judge 2016-17 Examination by filling the application form as per the given schedule. PPSC Civil Judge 2016-17 Examination will be held in two parts (Preliminary Exam and Main Exam) which is followed by viva-voce.
Name of the Post : Civil Judge (Junior Division) Cum Judicial Magistrate
Total No. Post :121 posts
Pay Scale : Rs. 27,700 – 44,770/- or such as may be revised from time to time.
Selection will be made on the basis of Preliminary Examination + Main Examination.
|Start of Online Application for Main Exam||06 Jul 2017|
|Last date for Submission of Application Form||20 Jul 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card for Main exam||14 Aug 2017|
|Date of Main Exam||25 to 27 Aug 2017|
PPSC Civil Judge Application Form 2017 – Main Exam
PPSC Civil Judge Application Form is available on the official website of the Punjab Public Service Commission. Qualified Candidates of Preliminary Exam can apply online form the link available on the official website. Direct link to fill the apply online is also available on this page.
Application Process is over now.
Get Online Application Form here –
- Click here to fill the PPSC Civil Judge Main Application Form 2016-17.
- Click here to Edit Application Form
Instruction for filling the Application Form, Click here.
List of the eligible candidate’s for Main Exam – Click here.
List of Deficiencies – Click here.
Candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date for filling Application Form.
Application Fee for Prelim Exam
|Name of Category||Online
|For SC/ST/BC of Punjab State Only||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 625/-||1125/-|
|Ex-Servicemen of Punjab state only||Rs. 500/-||No Fee to be paid||500/-|
|All Others Categories (including Lineal Descendent of Ex servicemen, Punjab)||Rs 500/-||Rs. 2500/-||3000/-|
|Physically Handicapped, Punjab State only.||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1250/-||1750/-|
How to Apply?
- Fill Online Application Form
- Deposit the Application Fee By using the print out of system generated Bank Challan Form
- Print the submitted Application Form
- Submit the Hard Copy of the submitted Online Application Form along with self-attested copies of the certificates and Bank Challan Form[ PPSC copy only]
1. Candidates must possess as on 26 Oct 2016 a Degree of Bachelor of Laws of any University incorporated by Law in India or a Degree of Bachelor of Laws of Punjab University (undivided), The Dacca University , The Tribhuwan University, Nepal, The Sind University or of The Rangoon or Mandalay University in Burma, or should be a Barrister of England or Ireland or member of the Faculty of Advocates of Scotland.
2. Punjabi upto Matric or its equivalent Standard.
- Candidate should not be below 21 years and above 37 years of age on the last date of submission of Online application Forms i,e, 26/10/2016.
- Upper age limit for candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes only of Punjab shall be upto 42 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxed up to 47 years for all States/Central Government employees.
- Ex-servicemen of Punjab Domicile shall be allowed to deduct the period of his service in the Armed Forces of Union from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for direct appointment to such a vacancy in the Service Rules concerned by more than three years, they shall be deemed to satisfy the condition regarding age limit.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 42 years for Widows, Divorcees ladies and certain other Categories of Women.
- Upper age limit is also relaxed upto 47 years for Physically Handicapped persons who have domicile of Punjab.
Exam pattern consisting of :
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Viva Voce
The Preliminary Examination shall be of objective type questions with multiple choices (which can be scrutinized by Computer) as distinguished from the main written examination which shall be subjective/narrative type.
- The Question Paper for the Preliminary examination shall be of two hours duration
- Consist of 125 questions
- Each question shall carry 04 marks. For every question for which a wrong answer 0.20 % i.e.1/5th marks shall be deducted.
- There will be no negative marking in respect of un-attempted questions.
The objective type multiple choice questions for the Preliminary Examination shall be from the syllabus prescribed for the Main Written Examination .
The candidates shall be expected to have a general and basic overview of the main subjects and also the ability to answer questions on current events of National and International importance, Indian legal and constitutional History and governance. The candidates shall also be tested for their analytical skills reasoning and aptitude. The standard of questions shall be of graduate level.
Main Written Examination shall be of subjective/narrative type of 5 papers, which are as follows:
The Viva-Voce shall carry 100 marks and final result shall be prepared on the basis of the Grand Total of the marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and the Viva-Voce.
- After the application process, candidates will be shortlisted for the preliminary examination.
- The object of the Preliminary Examination is to shortlist candidates for the Main Examination. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the Main Examination unless he/she secures minimum 150 marks (read 100 marks for all reserved category candidates) in the Preliminary Examination out of 500 marks.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination shall not be counted towards final result. Candidates equal to 10 times the number of vacancies advertised, selected in order of their merit in the respective categories shall be eligible to sit in the Main Examination.
- No candidate shall be called for the Viva-Voce unless he obtains at least 50% qualifying marks in the aggregate of all the written papers and qualifies in language paper Punjabi (Gurmukhi Script).
- No candidate shall be considered to have qualified for appointment on the basis of marks secured only in the Main Written Examination unless he/she appears for viva-voce.