State Bank of India, has issued a notice stating the process of SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 for filling up 19000+ vacant posts of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) & Junior Agricultural Associates in Clerical cadre in State Bank of India. This recruitment also includes a Special Recruitment for the candidates from Tura (Meghalaya) and Kashmir Valley & Ladakh.
Read all the information about SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016, Application Form, Eligibility, Written Test, Result on this page.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016
The recruitment process is for vacant positions in various districts in various states. The candidates are allowed to choose the district at the time of applying for the post. The selected candidates will be deputed at the office in the desired district as indicated by the candidate in the application form. The process of SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 shall take place as per the following schedule.
Schedule of events for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||05 Apr 2016|
|Closure of registration of application||28 Apr 2016|
|Last date for printing your application||10 May 2016|
|Issue of Admit Card for Preliminary Exam||11 May 2016|
|Issue of Admit Card for Main Exam||17 Jun 2016|
|Date of Main Examinations||25 & 26 June 2016|
Note : The list of Official Language(s) of few States has been revised. Check the revised list HERE.
The Application Form for the recruitment of this Junior Assistants is provided by the SBI in the Online Mode only. Candidates should read the instruction carefully before filling the Application Form. The Application Form and the Payment of the Application should be submitted before the last date of the submission.
The application form for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 are now available on the official portal of SBI (www.sbi.co.in). The candidates are advised to complete the application process well before the due date to avoid the last minute rush. To access the application form for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016, the candidates can click the direct link to the application form as provided under.
- Application Process is over..!!
- General and OBC: Rs. 600/-
- For SC/ST/PWD/XS: Rs. 100/-
Application Fee once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Instructions for Application Form
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or directly use the link provided to open the appropriate Online Application Form.
- Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. In the event of candidates not being able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered.
- Upload the scanned image of a passport sized color photograph (< 50 Kb) and clear signature (< 20 Kb).
- When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password.
- They can re-open the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data.
- No change /edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen.
- The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be printed for record. The printout of the application form is not to be sent to the Bank.
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed, please register again and make payment online.
- There is also a provision to reprint the e-Receipt and Application form containing fee details, at later stage.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- For Junior Associates:
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
- For Junior Agricultural Associates:
Graduation in Agriculture or Agriculture allied activities from a Government recognised university/Institute.
Those who are in the final Semester/ year of Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview/joining, they will have to produce proof of having passed the Graduation Examination on or before 30.06.2016. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 30.06.2016.
The age of the candidate shall NOT be below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01.04.2016 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1988 and not later than 01.04.1996 (both days inclusive).
Although, the categorywise relaxation in upper age limit shall given as per the government rules.
Use of Scribe & compensatory time
The facility of scribe would be allowed to a person who has disability of 40% or more if so desired by the person and is meant for only those persons with disability who have physical limitation to write including that of speed. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply :
- Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of scribe in the examination should carefully indicate the same in the online application form.
- Both the candidate as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking in the prescribed format with passport size photograph of the scribe at the time of online examination
- Such candidates who are eligible to use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination whether availing the facility of scribe or not.
- The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe at his/her own cost. The scribe will be allowed to be used as per the guidelines issued vide Office Memorandum F.No.16-110/2003- DDIII dated February 26, 2013 of Government of India, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Department of Disability Affairs, New Delhi and clarification issued by Government of India, Ministry of Financial, Deptt. of Financial Services vide letter No. F.No.3/2/2013-Welfare dated 26.04.2013.
Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The selection process will consist of on-line test (preliminary & main examinations), test of official and/or local language and subject to Government of India approval, interview.
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1-hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Phase – II: Main Examination
The structure of main examination (online objective type) would be as follows :
Each test will have separate timing as mentioned above. The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English &Hindi. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests.
Phase – III: Interview (Subject to Govt. of India approval)
Candidates qualified in the test (main examination) will be placed according to their marks in descending order in respective categories. Depending upon the number of vacancies only certain number of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy.
Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks (to be decided by the bank) in interview to be considered for final selection. 5% relaxation for SC/ST/ OBC/PWD/XS category will be available thereon.
Note: Interview call letters will be uploaded on the Bank’s website after declaration of result of online test. Candidates will have to download the same from our website. No hard copy of interview call letter will be sent by post. Test of knowledge of official and/or local language: Those who produce 10th standard mark sheet/certificate evidencing having studied official (local) language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others, language test will be conducted at the time of interview (if interview is held) /before final selection (if interview is not held).
The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II) will be added to the marks obtained in Interview (Phase-III) (if interview is held) for preparation of the final merit list. Final selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test (main examination) and interview (if interview is held) taken together. Results of the candidates who have qualified for Interview and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. Final select list will be published in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar.
For detailed information about SBI Clerk Recruitment 2016 – Download Information BulletinSBI Recruitment