SBI Clerk 2021 – State Bank of India has released the official notification for recruitment of 5237 Junior Associate in 2021. Eligible candidates are invited to apply online starting from April 27, 2021 at the official website i.e. sbi.co.in. The last date of submission of online applications is May 17, 2021. The Preliminary online exam is scheduled to be held in June 2021. Those who qualify the Prelims can appear in the Main exam on July 31, 2021. Final selection is subjected to passing in the language test. Get here complete details of SBI Clerk 2021 including the application process, syllabus, vacancies, admit card, result.
Latest: SBI Clerk application form 2021 is available. Click Here to apply!
SBI Clerk 2021
After final selection, newly recruited Junior Associates have to undergo a probation period of 6 months. Get here all the important dates of SBI Clerk 2021 recruitment process.
|SBI Clerk 2021||Important Date|
|SBI Clerk Online application form start date||27 Jul 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form is||17 May 2021|
|Issuance of call letter for Pre-examination training||To be announced|
|Conduct of pre-examination training||To be announced|
|Issuance of call letter for Prelims||To be announced|
|Conduct of SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims exam||June 2021|
|Declaration of Prelims result||To be announced|
|Issuance of admit card for Main Exam||To be announced|
|SBI Clerk 2021 Main exam||31 Jul 2021|
|Declaration of Main Result||To be announced|
SBI Clerk 2021 Eligibility
Candidates intending to apply for SBI Junior Associate recruitment may note that certain eligibility conditions are laid down by the bank. One must check the conditions below and ensure that they fulfil all the conditions before applying online.
- A graduate from a recognized university in any discipline can apply for the recruitment. Candidates who have passed IDD course on or before August 16, 2021, can also apply.
- The candidates who hold the Integrated Dual Degree Course, have to ensure the date of passing their degree in either before or on August 16, 2021.
- Those who are in the final year or semester of their graduation can apply apply. Candidates have to produce their passing certificate when required.
Applicants must be within the age bracket of 20 to 28 years. The SBI has specified that the date of birth of the candidates must fall between April 02, 1993, and April 01, 2001 (both dates included).
The bank provides the relaxation in upper age limit to the candidates belonging to the reserved category. The below table provides the relaxation details as per the category of the candidate.
|Category||Age Relaxation upto|
|PWD- Gen/EWS||10 years|
|PWD- SC/ST||15 years|
|PWD- OBC||13 years|
|Ex-servicemen/ disabled ex-servicemen||Actual period of service + 3 years|
|Divorced women, Widows, Women judicially separated |
from their husbands and are not remarried
(Maximum age limit of 35 years for general,
38 years for OBC,
40 years for SC/ST )
SBI Clerk Application Form 2021
The application form for SBI Clerk recruitment 2021 releases online, at sbi.co.in. Candidates must have an email ID and mobile number for registration which must remain valid till the declaration of result. In the online application form, the candidate needs to enter their personal details, educational qualification, communication and other information. Also, the applicants need to upload images of their photograph and signature as per the specifications.
Steps to apply
- Open sbi.co.in/careers
- Under Current Openings, click on the link to apply for SBI Junior Associate 2021 recruitment and click on it.
- Register with a email id and mobile number.
- Login with registration number and password.
- Fill up the application form.
- Upload scanned images of photo, signature, thumb impression and self-declaration.
- Pay the application fee.
- Verify details and submit the application form.
The amount of application fee varies as per the category. The fee can only be paid online, through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card. The candidates can check the application fee for SBI Clerk application form below:
|Categories||Application Fee Charges|
|General and OBC||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD/EX-Serviceman candidates||Fee exempted|
SBI Clerk 2021 Syllabus
The candidates can prepare for the examination as per the syllabus for SBI Clerk 2021 which is given in the section below:
- Simplification, Number Series, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages, Mixture and Allegation, Simple and Compound interest, Time, Distance and Speed – Trains, Boats and Streams, Mensuration, Profit and Loss, Data Sufficiency, Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equations, Time and Work, Partnership.
- Machine Input/Output, Inequalities, Syllogism, Blood Relation, Direction Sense, Statement and Assumptions/Conclusions, Floor puzzle, etc, Puzzles – Seating Arrangement, Coding-Decoding.
- Basics of the computer, hardware/software, etc., different generations, DBMS, Internet, Networking, Input/Output Devices, their types, MS Office and Shortcuts used in MS Officers, Important abbreviations, etc.
- Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms, Spell Checks, Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles, Sentence Correction/ Error Finding, Fillers, Cloze Test, etc.
- Current Affairs – new schemes of central and state governments, news on the banking industry, books and authors, awards, and honours, latest appointments, obituaries, sports, etc.
- Static GK – headquarters of financial organizations (of insurance companies), country-capital, country-currency, constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, etc.
- Banking/Financial terms.
SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Pattern
There are two phases in the selection, Preliminary exam and the Main exam. The pattern of these exams is as follows:
Phase-I: SBI Clerk 2021 Preliminary Examination
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam is of 1 hour.
- Mode of Examination: It is a computer-based test.
- Type of Questions: All the questions were of objective MCQ type.
- Number of Marks: 100
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for the correct answer and 1/4th marks of question are deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Distribution of question:
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
Phase – II: SBI Clerk 2021 Main Examination
- Mode of Examination: Online
- The medium of the exam: Hindi and English language except for English language paper
- Duration of the exam: 02 hours 40 minutes.
- Type of Questions: Objective type.
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of ¼ marks for every incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 h 40 min|
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips
Every competitive exam which leads to a job opportunity comes with an extra challenge. From the very first day of exam notification, the aspirants should do the preparations. So the first thing to do is to note down the exam pattern and syllabus and prepare as per it only.
The exam pattern and syllabus are provided above. Here are some tips which will definitely help bank aspirant in their preparation.
- Prepare a study plan and stick to it. Candidate need not require to create any drastic study plan, just note down the days and assign a topic for each day. With this, the aspirant can be disciplined with their preparation and can complete the syllabus soon.
- Make separate notes of the formula, in that way, candidate can easily locate them whenever they need them.
- Practice Online Tests after completing each topic. Aspirant can take the online test available at several websites which conducts an online test for SBI Clerk.
- Solve as many previous year question paper, and test series.
- Do not only write the formulas but also learn them. Since candidate are not allowed to bring any study material inside the exam centre, so solve the questions by learning the formulas first.
- Read the newspaper, current affairs magazines daily to improve General Knowledge.
SBI Clerk 2021 Admit Card
Once the application process is over, the applicants, who register successfully, are issued the admit card. The Bank releases the SBI Clerk 2021 admit Card on its official website, sbi.co.in. On the date of the exam, all candidates have to carry the SBI Clerk admit card and a valid photo id proof to the exam centre. As the recruitment process includes prelims and mains exam, hence bank issues the SBI Clerk 2021 Call Letter for each stage separately.
To download the call letter the candidates have to enter the registration number and date of birth/password. With admit card, ‘acquaint yourself booklet’ is also issued. Candidates who qualify for the main exam can download the admit card by following the same procedure for prelims exam.
SBI Clerk 2021 Exam Centre
State Bank has released the complete list of tentative exam centres for Clerk 2021 recruitment examinations. Candidates can check out the details below.
SBI Clerk 2021 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of SBI Clerk 2021 includes the
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Test of specified opted local language
Only the qualifiers are eligible to appear for the main exam. Both – prelims and mains exam – are the computer-based test. Candidates have to produce 10th or 12th mark sheet as a proof having studied local language. For others, a language test is organized after provisional selection. Candidates not found eligible are disqualified.
Bio-Metric Verification At the Time of SBI Clerk 2021 Exam
At the time of the exam, the bank records the candidate’s attendance through the BioMetric verification. To capture the thumb impression of the candidate bank follows proper guidelines.
- Candidates must make sure that their hands are free of any external matter like Mehandi, ink, chemical, etc.
SBI Clerk 2021 Pre- Exam Training
Every year SBI arranges the pre-examination training, and this year notification also certifies the same. The SBI is going to hold the pre-exam training for reserved category candidates – SC/ST/XS/Religious Minority, at their own cost.
Such candidates have to mention the same if they want to opt for the training. For this, they need the Call letter, which they can get from Bank’s website. Admit card for pre-exam training can be downloaded using registration number and date of birth/password. The Bank does not send the hard copy of call letter through post or any other method.
SBI Clerk 2021 Result
SBI Clerk Result 2021 for all stages releases online at the official website i.e. sbi.co.in. The Bank also displays the score of the candidates, who appear for the exam. One by one the result of prelims and mains exam get released after they are conducted. Candidates may note that the Preliminary examination is of qualifying nature and not to be added for the preparation of result.As per the performance of the candidates in the main exam, bank prepares a merit list. The category wise merit list is also prepared by the Bank. After final selection, candidates have to serve a probation period of 6 months. Newly recruited Junior Officers have to learn e-lessons under probation period. Once the probation period is over, the performance of newly recruited candidates is evaluated.
SBI Clerk 2021 Cut Off
The candidates need to obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to pass pre and main examination. Those who secure less than the decided cut off are not considered for the further recruitment process.
The Bank releases the cut off marks after the result announcement. However, candidates can check the previous year cut off to get an idea of the difficulty level of the exam and prepare accordingly.
SBI Clerk Cut Off for Preliminary Exam for the year 2016
|Subject||GEN||SC / ST / OBC / OH / VI / HI / XS / DXS|
|English language||6.75 (out of 30)||3.25 (out of 30)|
|Numerical ability||5.5 (out of 35)||2 (out of 35)|
|Reasoning ability||7.75 (out of 35)||3.25 (out of 35)|
SBI Clerk Category Wise Cut Off for Main Examination for the year 2016
|Category||Marks (out of 200)|
|General||120 – 130|
|SC||95 – 105|
|ST||85 – 95|
|OBC||105 – 115|
SBI Clerk Vacancy 2021
This year SBI Clerk vacancies are 5237 in total. Candidates can check the detailed vacancy bifurcation in the official notification.
SBI Clerk 2021 Salary
As per the notification, the basic pay of the candidates is as per the pay scale of Rs.17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920. The starting Basic Pay for SBI clerk 2021 is Rs 19900 (17900 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates).
There are other benefits from the Bank are
- Provident fund
- New Pension fund
- Fare, etc
The State Bank of India is an Indian government owned/nationalised bank with multinational business presence. State Bank of India is headquartered in the city of Mumbai, Maharashtra. It was ranked at the 221 position in the previous year Fortune Global 500 companies and is also the 43rd largest bank in the world. In India, it is the largest bank with 23% market share in terms of assets and a 25% share in the loan and deposits market.
The State Bank of India finds its roots in the Bank of Calcutta which in turn came from the Imperial Bank of India in 1806. It is also therefore, the oldest commercial bank in the Indian subcontinent. It currently operates through more than 22000 branches and over 58000 ATMs. One can check out all the informatin about State Bank of India on the official website.
Official website: sbi.co.in
|Official Advertisement||Click Here|
Exam Review of Previous Year Examination
To ease the preparation of the candidate, here we have provided the exam analysis of last Year. In the exam analysis, you will get information regarding the difficulty level of each section, topics mostly asked in each, number of good attempts, etc. With this you will get an idea of the difficulty level of the exam and can prepare accordingly.
SBI Clerk 2020 Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply through sbi.co.in for SBI clerk.
Ans : This year, SBI has released 8134 vacancies for the post of Junior Associates.
Ans : Yes. In prelims and main examination, there is negative marking of 1/4 marks of the question.
Ans : General candidates have to pay Rs.750/- as application fee. SC/ST/PWD / EX-Serviceman candidates are exempted from fee submission.