SBI PO 2016 Result is announced by State Bank of India. Candidates can check here result of SBI PO 2016. State Bank of India held preliminary exam followed by mains exam and thereafter the group discussion and interviews. SBI PO Result 2016 for all rounds have been declared one by one for Probationary Officers Recruitment. All those who have appeared for SBI PO Recruitment 2016-2017 can check result now at sbi.co.in.
SBI PO 2016 Result latest news is that State Bank of India has released marks of candidates.
SBI PO Result 2016
|Date of SBI PO 2016 Preliminary Exam||July 2, 2016
July 3, 2016
July 9, 2016
July 10, 2016
|Declaration of SBI PO Result 2016 Prelims||July 17, 2016|
|Date of SBI PO 2016 Mains Exam||July 31, 2016|
|Declaration of SBI PO Result 2016 Mains||August 19, 2016|
|SBI PO 2016 Final Result announcement||September 30, 2016|
|Issue of marks||October 4, 2016|
Marks of Candidates
State Bank of India (SBI) has released marks of candidates who appeared on Probationary Officer (PO) recruitment 2016. Phase-II (Main Examination) was held on 31.07.2016
whereas later Phase-III (Group Discussion and Interview) was held during September 2016.
Marks of SBI PO 2016-2017 has been announced by State Bank of India
Check marks here – Click here to view marks.
SBI PO Prelims Result 2016
Result of SBI PO 2016 Prelims was declared on July 17, 2016.
SBI PO Prelims Result 2016 has been declared after the conduct of Preliminary Exam as per the schedule. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination. It is expected that the Result will be declared online on the official website of SBI (www.sbi.co.in).
Check SBI PO Prelims Result 2016 here – Click here to check SBI PO 2016 Prelims Marks.
- Please enter your Roll Number and Date of Birth, OR Registration Number and Date of Birth to log in.
- We have provide the direct link to check the SBI PO Prelims Result 2016 here on 17 Jul 2016.
- Prelims marks card on checking SBI PO Prelims Result 2016 looks like image shown below.
SBI PO Preliminary Cut Off 2016
Cut off has been published in marks card of SBI PO Prelims Result 2016.
|Subject||General||SC / ST / OBC / VH / OH / HI|
Total marks (out of 100) secured in preliminary examination (Phase I) by last candidate shortlisted for Main Examination (Phase II)
SBI PO Result 2016 Mains
Result of SBI PO 2016 Mains has been declared on August 19, 2016.
Candidates who appeared in the SBI PO Mains Exam 2016 held on 31 Jul 2016 can now check the Result for the same. SBI has released the list of candidates who have qualified the SBI PO Mains Exam 2016. The List of qualified candidates can be obtained from the official website or from the direct link given below.
Check the SBI PO Mains Result 2016
- Click Here to view the list of candidates qualified for Interview.
To analyze chances of clearing mains, go through expected cut offs and last year cut offs below.
Expected cut off of SBI PO 2016 Mains
|Subject||General||SC / ST||OBC|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude (Max Marks 60)||15 – 16||9 – 10||11 – 12|
|Data analysis and Interpretation (Max Marks 60)||15 – 16||9 – 10||11 – 12|
|General / Economy / Banking Awareness (Max Marks 40)||11 – 12||8 – 9||8 – 9|
|English language (Max Marks 40)||10 – 11||6 – 7||7 – 8|
|Minimum qualifying marks in objective test (out of 200)||78 – 82||58 – 62||68 – 72|
|Descriptive test (Max Marks 50)||17 – 18||17 – 18||19 – 20|
SBI PO Mains 2016 Expected cut off is based on several factors, including, but not limited to the following points given below.
- Number of candidates who have appeared in exam
- Difficulty level of exam
- Past year SBI PO Mains Cut Off
The expected cut off are only estimates, and may vary from actual cut offs. State Bank of India is the only authority that has the power to decide actual cut offs for Probationary Officer Recruitment. Actual cut off will be updated when result is announced.
There are high chances that result could be announced a few days before that also.
After declaration of SBI PO Mains Result 2016
After qualifying mains, candidates can download admit card of SBI PO 2016 for GD and Interview.
|GD and PI||September 1, 2016|
|Date of Declaration of Final Result||September 30, 2016|
SBI PO Final Result 2016
Final result of SBI PO 2016-2017 was announced by State Bank of India on September 30, 2016.
Check result here – Click here to view Roll numbers of successful candidates for the post of Probationary Officers.
Total number of qualified candidates:- 2004
All candidates who had cleared mains exam could appear in group discussion and interviews. Based on performance in mains exam as well as GD and interview, more than two thousand candidates have qualified.
Congratulations to all selected candidates!!!
- The Finally selected candidates will be appointed Probationary Officers on probation of two years during which they will be given intensive training.
- Towards the end of their probation/training period, they will be subjected to a screening process.
- While those Officers who achieve the predetermined standards may be confirmed and given placement in the next higher grade i.e., Officer Middle Management Grade Scale-II, others who qualify in the test but fail to achieve the standards set for placement in Middle Management Grade Scale-II, will be confirmed as Officer Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in the Bank including opportunities for postings abroad. The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
Letter to Successful Candidates
SBI has released letters to selected candidates for Probationary Officers in State Bank of India against Advertisement No. CRPD/PO/2016-17/02 dated 04.05.2016. SBI conducted PO Phase-II (Main Examination) on 31-07-2016 and Phase-III (Group Discussion & Interview) in September 2016
Click Here to download appointment letters.
About SBI PO 2016
State Bank of India Probationary Officers Recruitment 2016 is for graduate candidates. Selection is done on basis of three rounds involving preliminary (online exam), main (objective and descriptive test), group discussion and interview. Candidates have to get minimum cut off to clear each stage.
Have a query, ask here: SBI PO 2016 Discussion Group
How to check SBI PO Result 2016?
General procedure which is followed to check the SBI PO Result is provided below. The exact procedure will be updated once the results are announced.
- Candidates shall visit the official website www.sbi.co.in OR may use the direct link to be provided above.
- The credential such as Registration No. / Application No. / Password / Date of Birth etc will be required to log in.
- Once the correct information as asked is entered, the Result / Rank Card of the candidate will appear.
- Candidates can save and print the Result for future reference.
SBI PO Recruitment 2016 – Selection Procedure
Selection Procedure will consist of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Group Discussion & Interview
Phase-I : Preliminary Examination
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 sections as follows:
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
Phase-II : Main Examination
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(i) Objective Test: The Objective Test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 sections for total 200 marks. The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
(ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Phase-III : Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Candidates qualifying for GD & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause. Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD & Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list.
- The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion &Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
- Results of the candidates who have qualified for GD & Interview and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. Final select list will be published in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar and also on Bank’s website.
Books recommended for SBI PO
|SBI : Probationary Officers-Previous Years Papers (Solved): PO Previous Papers (Solved)||Buy Online|
|Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam||Buy Online|
|15 Practice Sets for SBI PO Preliminary Exam||Buy Online|
|101 Speed Tests for IBPS & SBI Bank PO Exam||Buy Online|
|SBI PO Solved Papers by Kiran Prakashan||Buy Online|
|Banking Awareness for SBI / IBPS Bank Clerk / PO / SO / RRB and RBI exams||Buy Online|
|SBI PO Solved Papers Includes 5 Practice Tests and Free Online Mock Tests||Buy Online|
If you have any queries regarding SBI PO Result 2016, please ask in comments below.SBI PO Recruitment