SBI PO 2021: State Bank of India (SBI) has declared the final result of SBI PO 2021 at the official website, sbi.co.in. State Bank of India (SBI) conducts SBI Probationary Officer (PO) 2021 exam every year. The selection criteria include three stages – Prelims, Mains and Interview. Aspirants have to clear all these rounds to get selected as the Probationary Officer in SBI branches. Read complete details on SBI PO 2021 from this article.
Latest: The SBI PO 2021 final restlt out! Check here.
SBI PO 2021
SBI has recently released a notification regarding the vacancy details for the 2021 examinations. State Bank of India has invited applications for the 2056 vacancy for Probationary Officer. The applications for the exams has been released on the official website with a deadline up to October 25, 2021. Students can find important dates for the SBI Po examinations here below.
|Start of online registration||05 Oct 2021|
|End of online registration||25 Oct 2021|
|Prelims Admit Card||08 Nov 2021|
|Phase I Exam Date (Prelims)||20, 21, 27 Nov 2021|
|Results of Prelims||14 Dec 2021|
|Mains Admit Card||16 Dec 2021|
|Phase II Exam Date (Mains)||02 Jan 2022|
|Result of Mains||25 Jan 2022|
|Phase-III admit card||02 Feb -16 Feb 2022|
|Phase III dates Interview (Or Interview & Group Exercises)||2nd/ 3rd week of February 2022|
|Declaration of Final result||15 Mar 2022|
|Pre-Examination Training for SC/ ST/ Religious Minority Community candidates|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Examination Training||1st week of November 2021 onward|
|Conduct Pre- Examination Training||2nd week of November 2021|
SBI PO Overview
Aspirants must check the SBI PO exam overview to know the important aspects of the recruitment exam.
|Exam Name||SBI PO Exam|
|Conducting body||State Bank of India|
|Post Offered||Probationary Officer|
|Frequency of exam||Once in a year|
|Application Fee||Rs. 750/-|
|Mode of exam||Online|
SBI PO Admit Card 2021
The admit card for the SBI PO exam release at least 07 days before the exam. Candidates can download SBI PO admit card 2021 from sbi.co.in. They must keep the registration number/ roll number ready to log in. With the e-admit card, SBI will also publish an ‘acquaint yourself booklet’ with all the instructions regarding the exam. It is important to take the admit card to the exam centre for verification. With that, also carry a valid photo id card – e.g. passport, voter card, AADHAR card etc.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
Aspirants appearing for the exam can start their SBI PO Exam Preparation with an exam pattern. In this section, we have discussed both prelims and mains (online test and descriptive test) patterns.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam: Online exam
- Duration of exam: 01 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type questions
- Maximum questions: 100 questions
- Number of marks: 100 marks
- Marking scheme:
- +1 marks for correct answer
- 0.25 marks deducted for incorrect answer
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Duration|
|English Language||30||20 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 mins|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 mins|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
There will be two papers in SBI PO Mains Exam – Objective Test and Descriptive Exam.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Maximum questions: 155 questions
- Marks: 200 marks
- Duration of exam: 03 hours
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 mins|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 mins|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 mins|
After completing the objective test, candidates have to sit for a descriptive test. It is an online exam where aspirants have to write their answers on the computer. They will get a total of 30 minutes to attempt questions. The questions will be asked in the English language based on Essay & Letter Writing. The exam will take place for 50 marks with only 02 questions.
SBI PO Syllabus 2021
State Bank of India does not release the syllabus officially. However, exam experts have come up with the syllabus based on the questions asked in the SBI PO exam. Check the complete SBI PO syllabus below.
- Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, Para jumbles, Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting, Miscellaneous, Fill in the blanks and others
- Profit & Loss, Simplification, Mixtures & Alligations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Surds & Indices, Time & Distance, Mensuration and others
- Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Coded Inequalities, Logical Reasoning, Puzzle, and others.
Preparation for SBI PO 2021
SBI PO examination requires sincerity and dedication from a student. To excel in the examination, candidates must be well versed with exam patterns and the syllabus. Students should form a well-devised strategy to attempt questions with accuracy.
Following is the subject wise preparation strategy for the 2021 PO exams
- English Language – It contains a composition of
- Word Interchange
- Reading Comprehension
- Match the Clause
- Cloze Test
Students need to improve their vocabulary and grammar. Learning new words daily can enhance your grip on the subject.
- Reasoning Section – It is a scoring subject that checks the understanding and ability to follow instructions. It covers
- Linear Arrangements
- Circular Arrangements
- Districbution and Comparision
- Quantitative Aptitude
The subject covers
- Number series
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Comparisons
- Missing and Wrong Number Series
- Permutation Combination
Practice is the key to ace this subject. The questions asked are logical in nature and require mathematical skills. Students should prepare their minds for effective mental calculation.
- General Awareness – This subject covers current affairs and topics of the Indian economy, marketing, Indian Constitution, banking, Agriculture, Sports, etc. Candidates should build a habit of reading newspapers daily.
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2021
Candidates will be shortlisted for the SBI PO exam based on their performance in Prelims, Mains and Interview. Check the complete details on the SBI PO selection procedure below.
Successfully registered candidates have to appear for the prelims exam at their respective test centre. After the exam, category-wise merit lists are prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained in prelims. There are no sectional cut-off marks in SBI PO Prelims. Around 10 times more candidates of available vacancies are selected for further stages.
Similar to the prelims exam, category-wise merit lists are drawn based on the candidate’s performance in the phase-II exam. There are no section cut-off marks in the SBI PO mains exam. Moreover, three times the number of vacancies are shortlisted for the interview round.
The last stage is the personal interview round. The test includes an interview of 30 marks and a group exercise of 20 marks.
The candidate’s final selection is based on aggregate marks obtained in the main exam and interview/group exercise.
SBI PO Result 2021
The SBI PO result shall be made available on the official website of the State Bank of India, the governing body of SBI PO exams. SBI PO exams declare the list of candidates eligible for the post of Probationary Officers for different branches of the State Bank of India. The merit list is prepared based on aggregate marks secured by the candidate. The list of students is specified in descending order. The candidates selected are given a letter of appointment through the website. The final merit list is released based on the performance of the Main exams and GD discussions and interviews.
SBI PO Number of Attempts
|Category||No. of Chances|
|SC/ST (PWD)||No restriction|
SBI PO Salary
Candidates appointed as Probatibary Officer will get a monthly salary at a starting basic pay of Rs 27620 (with 4 advance increments). The appointment is under the scale of Rs 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. They will also receive DA, HRA, Lease Rental, CCA, Medical and other allowances and perquisites.
Vacancy for SBI PO 2021
State Bank of India has released the number of vacancies for the post of Probationary Officers on its Official Website. Students can check the category-wise SBI PO vacancy.
SBI PO Eligibility 2021
The candidates must fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the appearing SBI PO 2021 examinations.
- Nationality – Candidate must have Indian citizenship
- Qualification – The candidate should have a graduate degree from any recognized University or institution in any discipline. Students in their final year can also apply provisionally on the condition that they must have their passing degree at the time of interview. Chartered accountants and cost accountants can also apply for the post
- Age limit – As of April , 01, 2021 the candidate must be 21 years old or between 21 years and 30 years old
The upper age limit of 30 years has been relaxed for candidates
|OBC (Non creamy layer)||3 years|
|Ex- servicemen||5 years|
|Persons affected fro riot of 1984||5 years|
|Regular employees of Union Carbide factory(Applicable for madhya Pradesh only)||5 years|
SBI PO Application Form 2021
Candidates willing to appear for the PO exams must fill the form within the specified time limit. Candidates can fill the SBI PO application form 2021 by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on the above-mentioned link and then on the “New registration” button popping on the page.
- The click shall take you to the start of registration form filling. Provide your basic details and press save and next
- Upload the required documents specified by the State bank of India in the prescribed format.
- Provide your educational qualification in the 2nd section and choose the center for pre-examination training.
- Pay required fees through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking
- On successful submission, an intimation shall be sent to your registered email address and phone number.
About SBI PO Exam
State Bank of India is a public sector bank that recruits students annually for the post of Probationary Officers. A probationary Officer is a managerial post that has the responsibility of handling the administration of a bank.
SBI PO consists of three stages of exam for the recruitment process
- SBI PO Prelims
- SBI PO mains
- Group Discussions/Interview rounds
Students who pass each stage of the SBI PO exams become eligible for the post of Probationary Officers.
Ans. Candidates with a graduation degree can apply for SBI PO exam.
Ans. The starting salary for SBI PO is Rs. 27,620/-. The payscale of PO is 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7- 42020.
Ans. Yes SBI PO prelims is qualifying and marks are not added to the final result.
Ans. 2056 vacancies are announced in the year 2021