Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has bound up the recruitment of Junior Engineer by releasing SSC JE Result 2018 of paper 2. It has announced SSC JE Result 2018 of Paper-1 and Paper 2. The Commission conducted the Paper-2 of Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract) Examination 2017-18 on April 29, 2018. The result of the said examination has been declared by the Commission on June 22, 2018. Now candidates can check SSC Junior Engineer Result write up and shortlisted candidates lists here. List of qualified/recommended candidates is published on the Commission’s official website at ssc.nic.in. Candidates have to check their name or roll number in order to check if they have qualified or not. Check complete details on SSC Junior Engineer (JE) Result 2018 and know cut off of Paper 1 and Paper 2 from the article below.
SSC JE Result 2018
This year i.e. 2018 a total no of 569930 candidates appeared for the paper-I exam of SSC JE 2017-2018. In 569930 candidates only 5855 are able to clear the paper-I. On comparing last year data, we found that this time a less no of candidates opt for SSC JE. Last year a total of 9,95,350 candidates registered for the examination and 5,70,189 candidates actually took the examination in the year 2017. Those whosoever appeared in exams can check their SSC JE Result 2017 here, as per the following schedule.
|Event and Dates||SSC JE 2017-2018|
|Paper-I Exam Dates||22 to 29 Jan 2018|
|Declaration of SSC JE Result of Paper I||13 Apr 2018|
|Paper-II Exam Date||29 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of SSC JE Result of Paper II||22 Jun 2018|
|Final result||22 Jun 2018|
- SSC JE Marks for JE Paper 2: Click here to chcek the marks.
- SSC JE Paper 2 Result:
- SSC JE Paper 2 Cutoff: Click here to check the cutoff.
How to Check SSC JE Result 2018 for Paper 2?
The paper II of SSC JE has over now, and it’s time for the result. So the aspirants who have appeared in the in Paper -II are able to check the result through the above link. Candidates can check their result by following the instructions given below:
- First of all click on the above link.
- In the new window, a PDF file of SSC JE 2018 Result will open.
- To check if the candidate has qualified or not, Press Ctrl+F and enter your name or roll number.
- If your name or roll number will be in the pdf file, it will be highlighted otherwise not.
SSC JE 2018 Cut Off
Knowledge of cut marks is must when candidates are expecting / or checking their result. We have provided the cut off marks of SSC JE exam of paper I & II here in this section.
SSC JE 2016 Cut Marks for Paper -II
Last year the cut off of SSC JE paper – II was as follows
|Branch||Category wise cut off marks|
|Electrical / Mechanical
While doing the analysis of the exam, we have come with the data as given in the table.
|Branch||Candidates appeared in the paper – I|
So 569930 is the no of candidates appeared for paper – I, in which only 5855 candidates were successful to qualify the exam. That means either cut off was higher or paper was difficult.
The cutoff marks for SSC JE paper -I branch wise is given here. Aspirants can check form below.
Cut Off marks for Civil Engineering
* including 94 SC, 130 ST and 980 OBC category candidates who are qualified as per UR standard.
^includes 05 SC, 01 ST, 27 OBC and 17 UR category candidates.
^^includes 02 SC,19 OBC and 19 UR category candidates.
Cut Off marks for Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
* including 15 SC, 03 ST and 312 OBC category candidates who are qualified as per UR standard.
^includes 04 SC, 06 OBC, and 08 UR category candidates.
^^includes 01 ST, 06 OBC, and 11 UR category candidates.
What after SSC JE Result 2018?
After the declaration of result of tier I & II, SSC will prepare the final merit list of selected candidates. SSC will prepare the merit list by calculating marks in paper I & II. The rank of an aspirant will depend on the marks secured by him/her, and no of vacancies, relaxation on vacancies etc. The SC/ ST OBC and PH (PWD) candidates, who are selected on their own merit without a relaxed standard. Such candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies as per their position in the merit list.
Resolution of Tie Cases
while preparing the list if any tie encountered then the commission will apply the following method to remove those.
- First of all total marks in paper-II will be used to resolve the tie.
- If a tie still persists then SSC will prefer that candidates who have more marks in the paper – I.
- Date of birth of the candidate will be used in case of the tie still persists.
- Alphabetical order will be the last method to resolve the tie in the merit list.
Probation Period of 02 years
The candidates who will succeed to get their name in the merit list. SSC will put them on probation for the period of 02 years. Such candidates have to undergo the training or pass such examinations as organized by the authority. On successful training, such candidates will be tested and selected one will get the confirmation letter fo their post.
The selection procedure of SSC JE is such that the candidates must qualify all the stages of recruitment, which are: Tier I & Tier II. The candidates, who qualify Tier I are allowed to appear for Tier II of the examination. At last the candidates who will successfully crack both tiers of the exam have to appear for the document verification process. The candidates who are declared eligible after document verification are finally recruited. In order to qualify the paper I & II the aspirants have to score equal to or more than the cut of marks.
Check here SSC JE Result 2018 of Paper 1
- JE Paper I Marks: Click here to login to check the marks.
- JE Paper I Marks Notice: Click here to check the notice.
- Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Q.S. & C.) Examination List Of The Candidates Qualified In Paper-1 For Appearing In Paper-2 (Civil) – Check here. Announced!
- Junior Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Q.S. & C.) Examination List Of The Candidates Qualified In Paper-1 For Appearing In Paper-2 (Electrical / Mechanical) – Check here. Announced!
- Junior Engineers Examination, 2017 Result Write Up – Check here. Announced!
SSC JE Result Archives
SSC JE 2016-17 final result has been declared. Candidate can check their result by clicking on the link as given below. The candidate whose name appears in the list has been selected. The result consists of the Roll Number, Category and name of the applicant. The direct link has been given below, check it from the link given below.
SSC JE Result 2016-17 Paper 2
SSC JE 2017 Paper 2 was conducted on 30 July. Candidates who appeared for the Paper 2 can check their result by clicking on the link as given below. The candidate whose name appears in the list is eligible to appear for the document verification round. The result will consist of the Roll Number, Category and name of the applicant. Candidates who do not attend Document Verification will not be considered for final selection. However, details of the result of the candidates will be uploaded shortly on the SSC website.
- Click Here to check the SSC JE 2017 Paper 2 Result for Electrical / Mechanical | Revised Marks (NER) – New!
- Click here to check the SSC JE 2017 Paper 2 Result for Civil | Revised Marks (NER) – New!
- Click here to check the SSC JE 2015 Paper 2 Marks.
- SSC JE 2017 Paper 2 Result for Electrical / Mechanical | Revised Result (NER).
- SSC JE 2017 Paper 2 Result for Civil | Revised Result (NER).
- Click Here to check the SSC JE 2017 Paper 2 Result Write Up | Revised Writeup
Around 8332 candidates appeared for SSC JE Paper 2, out of which, 5892 candidates appeared in Civil discipline and about 2440 candidates were shortlisted under Electrical/ Mechanical discipline.
SSC JE 2017 Cut Off (Paper 2)
The cut off for SSC JE 2017 Paper 2 has been released. The cutoff marks for SSC JE 2017 for Paper 2 for Electrical, Mechanical and Civil is as follows:
|2016 Electrical/ Mechanical||287.75||245.75||210.50||206.50||126||205.25|
|2015 Electrical / Mechanical||107||62||50||50||40||40|
|2014 Electrical / Mechanical||215||180||149||126||64||124|
|2013 Electrical / Mechanical||185||160||150||130||76||130|
|2012 Electrical / Mechanical||139||99||79||67||63||67|
SSC JE 2016 Write of Paper 1
SSC JE Result 2016-17 Paper 1
The result of SSC JE 2017 Tier 1 has been announced on 5 Jun 2017. Marks of the candidates has also been published on 9 Jun 2017.
SSC JE Result Tier 1 – Civil
- Check Marks – Click here for SSC JE Result Tier 1 Marks of Candidates in Civil Engineering.
SSC JE Result Tier 1 – Electrical / Mechanical
- Check Marks – Click here for SSC JE Result Tier 1 Marks of Candidates in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering.
SSC JE Result 2017 Tier 1 – Write Up
Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying & Contract) Examination, 2016 – Candidates shortlisted for appearing in Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
Staff Selection Commission conducted the Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying & Contract) Examination, 2016 from 1st March to 4th March 2017 in the Computer Based Mode at various centres all over the country. A total of 3,39,379 candidates appeared in the said Examination as per details given below:
Staff Selection Commission has notified that 3,39,379 candidates had appeared for exam Junior Engineer Tier 1 exam that was held in computer-based mode. 1,33,983 candidates took the test for Civil engineering, 90,321 for Electrical engineering and 1,15,075 for Mechanical engineering.
Category-wise details of candidates who have qualified for appearing for the Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and the cut off applied are as under:
In addition to the number of UR candidates shown above, 1215 OBC, 134 SC and 92 ST candidates are also meeting the cut-off for UR category. Such candidates have been shown in their respective category.
In addition to the number of UR candidates shown above, 507 OBC, 28 SC and 09 ST candidates are also meeting the cut-off for UR category. Such candidates have been shown in their respective category.