SSC JE Result 2019 is announced by Staff Selection Commission at ssc.nic.in. Result of SSC JE 2019 paper/tier 1 held from 23 to 27 September indicates list of candidates shortlisted for paper/tier 2 to be held on 29 December. Candidates get marks out of 200 as per final answer key, after which, marks are normalized. Then those who obtain marks equal to or more than cut off are declared as qualified in SSC JE result. After Junior Engineer exam paper 2, result of paper 2 will be announced. Final result is published after document verification. Get here complete details of SSC JE Result 2019-2020 including date, cut off.
SSC JE Result 2019
Staff Selection Commission is recruiting candidates in Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) posts in ministries and departments of GOI through SSC JE recruitment 2019. Candidates can check SSC JE 2019 Result from this page as per following schedule.
|SSC JE 2019||Important Dates|
|Date of paper 1 exam||23 to 27 Sep 2019|
|Declaration of SSC JE result 2019 of paper 1 (expected)||Nov/Dec 2019|
|Date of paper 2 exam||29 Dec 2019|
|Declaration of SSC JE result 2019 of paper 2 (expected)||Jan / Feb 2020|
|Declaration of SSC JE final result 2019-2020 (expected)||May 2020|
Check here: Candidates can check result of SSC JE 2019 as per schedule from ssc.nic.in.
While waiting for result, candidates can check answer key of SSC JE 2019.
SSC JE Cut Offs
Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks and cut off in order to be shortlisted. Whereas qualifying marks are already available, cut off is announced with results.
Minimum qualifying marks in Paper 1 and Paper 2 are:
- UR: 30%
- OBC / EWS: 25%
- Others: 20%
Until cut off of Junior Engineer 2019 is announced, candidates can check past year SSC JE cut offs below.
SSC JE Paper 1 Cut Off
Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
SSC JE Paper 1 + Paper 2 Cut Off
Civil and Quantity Surveying & Contract Engineering
Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering
When will SSC JE Result 2019 be announced?
- Staff Selection Commission releases SSC result status at ssc.nic.in from time to time.
- After SSC JE 2019 paper 1 is conducted, the next result status notification will contain the tentative date of declaration of result.
- With each result status notification, result date may change depending upon ongoing events of the Commission.
- As per past year trends, result of SSC Junior Engineer 2019 paper 1 is expected to be announced in November or December.
- Also as per past year trends, paper 2 result is expected to be announced in January or February 2020.
- Likewise as per past year result dates, final result of SSC JE 2019 is likely to come in May 2020.
Past year SSC JE result date trends
SSC JE 2017-2018 paper 1 result was announced 74 days after exam. Then paper 2 result was published 54 days after exam. And final result was declared 115 days after paper 2 result.
How to check SSC JE 2019 Result?
To check result, follow steps given below.
- Either go to ssc.nic.in and click on link to check SSC JE Result 2019, or click on link on this page (available as per schedule).
- There are different links – for result writeup and list of shortlisted candidates for Civil Engineering, Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering. Depending upon exam appeared in, click on result link.
- As soon as result write up opens, you will see cut offs of SSC JE 2019 along with other statistical data.
- As soon as result with list of shortlisted candidates open, you will see roll numbers and names of candidates who have qualified.
- Either use search command to find roll number or scroll down and see roll numbers and names to find yours.
- If your name and roll number is in the list, then congratulations! You have been shortlisted! However if your name is not in the list, then you have unfortunately not qualified.
Note to qualified candidates
Congratulations! You should start preparing for paper 2. You will get admit card of SSC JE 2019 paper 2 at regional/sub-regional websites of Staff Selection Commission.
Note to not qualified candidates
Age limit for SSC JE recruitment varies from 27 to 32 for different posts. In addition, there is relaxation for various reserved categories also. Therefore those who have not qualified are encouraged to not lose heart, and apply in SSC JE 2020. During preparation, do solve a lot of previous year question papers of SSC Junior Engineer exam.
How to check SSC JE Marks 2019?
Staff Selection Commission publishes marks of qualified as well as non-qualified candidates separately at ssc.nic.in. After result indicating list of shortlisted candidates is out, marks are published. Candidates can then login to check marks.
Steps to check marks obtained in SSC JE 2019 via login
- First of all go to ssc.nic.in and click on notification for SSC JE marks 2019.
- Then read the notification to know first and last dates to check marks and scroll down to click on login link for marks module.
- Or, skip above two steps and directly click link for marks checking on this page.
- Once you reach SSC marks module page, you can login with roll number and password.
- At once, marks obtained by you in SSC JE 2019 appear on screen.
Steps to check marks obtained in SSC JE 2019 via PDF file
- If marks are published in PDF file, then you have to first go to ssc.nic.in and click on PDF file link for SSC JE 2019 marks. Or click on link for the same on this page.
- Immediately a file downloads and opens on your screen.
- Scroll down to see your roll number and against it, marks obtained by you in SSC Junior Engineer exam.
Normalization of marks:- Marks obtained in SSC JE paper 1 are normalized. The formula as per which normalization happens is as follows.
The selection process for SSC Junior Engineer recruitment 2019 comprises of following things.
- Tier 1 / Paper 1
- Tier 2 / Paper 2
- Document Verification
Tier 1 / Paper 1 – All candidates who submit application form of SSC JE 2019 can appear in computer based exam. It is a 2 hour exam with three sections in question paper. There are 50 questions of 50 marks in General Intelligence and Reasoning. Then there are 50 questions of 50 marks in General Awareness. Then there is General Engineering divided into three parts A (Civil), B (Electrical), and C (Mechanical) with 100 questions of 100 marks. Candidates have to attempt that part for which engineering discipline he or she had applied.
Tier 2 / Paper 2 – Candidates who get qualifying marks and cut off marks in tier 1 / paper 1 can appear in tier 2 / paper 2. This is a descriptive test of 300 marks. Part A is taken by Civil and Structural engineering aspirants, Part B by Electrical aspirants, and Part C by Mechanical aspirants. Syllabus of SSC JE 2019 is provided beforehand for both papers.
Document Verification – Candidates who get qualifying marks and cut off marks in paper 1 + paper 2 are called for DV. Here they have to show all documents such as Matriculation Certificate, educational qualification, caste certificate, experience certificate, relevant document, if any relaxation is taken.
Number of Vacancies
Staff Selection Commission has notified the number of vacancies in SSC JE Recruitment 2019. The same is given below.
|S.No.||Name of organization||Name of Post (Junior Engineer -)||Total Vacancies|
|1||Central Water Commission||Civil||148|
|3||Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||Civil||288|
|5||Military Engineering Services (MES)||Civil||76|
|6||Electrical and Mechanical||43|
|7||Quality Surveying and Contract||26|
|8||Farakka Barrage Project||Civil||15|
|11||Border Road Organization||Civil||767|
|12||Central Water and Power Research Station||Civil||3|
|14||Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Mechanical||11|
Therefore, the number of vacancies as per engineering branches are:
- Civil: 1297
- Electrical: 206
- Electrical and Mechanical:43
- Mechanical: 29
- Quality Surveying and Contract: 26
See detailed vacancies table below.
If you have any queries regarding SSC JE Result 2019, then please ask in comments below.