Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has released notification of TNPSC AAO Exam 2017 to recruitment for the Assistant Agricultural Officer posts against 333 vacancies. All the candidate who have checked their Eligibility criteria from below and meet the eligibility criteria as per requirement are eligible to fill the application form. Candidates can check the complete information of TNPSC AAO Exam 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and other information through this page below.
Latest – Answer Key for TNPSC AAO Exam 2017 has been released. Check on “Answer Key” page link.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
TNPSC AAO Exam 2017
Total no. of Posts – 326 + 7 carried forward vacancies
Name of the Post – Assistant Agricultural Officer
Age Limit – Between 18 years to 30 years
Educational Qualification – Must have passed Higher Secondary (Plus Two) Examination.
Selection Process – Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of Written examination and Oral Test in the form of an Interview.
- Registration Fee – Rs. 150/-
- Exam Fee – Rs. 150/-
How to Apply – All the candidates who are interested to fill the application form will have to fill their Application form through online mode from the official website http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/.
|Date of Notification||08 Mar 2017|
|Last date for Submission of Applications||07 Apr 2017|
|Last date for payment of Fee||11 Apr 2017|
|Date and Time of Written Examination|
|02 Jul 2017|
(10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.)
|02 Jul 2017|
(02.30 P.M. to 04.30 P.M.)
TNPSC AAO Exam 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should possess the following Qualification on the Date of this Notification.
- Must have passed Higher Secondary (Plus Two) Examination.
- Must possess two years Diploma in Agriculture from the Institutions recognised by the Government of Tamil Nadu or affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University; or Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul District; or any other institutions under the control of the Commissioner of Agriculture.
- The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies SSLC, HSC and Diploma. The results of exam should have been declared on or before the date of notification.
- Applicants claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should upload and submit evidence for equivalence of qualification in the form of G.O. issued prior to the date of this notification when called for, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. The G.O’s issued regarding equivalence of prescribed qualification after the date of this notification will not be accepted.
|Categories||Min Age||Max Age|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and|
DWs of all Castes
|18 years||No max limit|
|“Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs]||18 years||30 years|
Certificate of Physical Fitness
Applicants selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below:
- Standard of vision – Standard III
- Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness – Form Prescribed for Executive Post
Colour blindness will be a disqualification. Applicants with defective vision should produce Eye Fitness Certificate from qualified Eye specialist.
TNPSC AAO Exam 2017 – Exam Pattern
The question paper in Paper I and II will be set both in Tamil and English.
TNPSC AAO Exam 2017 – Selection Process
Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
- Written Examination and
- Oral Test in the form of an interview.
Final selection will be made on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Oral Test taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments. Appearance in both the papers of the Written Examination and Oral Test is compulsory. A candidate who has not appeared in any one of the papers in Written Examination or Oral Test will not be considered for selection, even if he/she secures qualifying marks in the Written Examination or Oral Test. (For further details Refer para 23 (b) of the Instruction to Applicants).