TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 – Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has released the official answer key of TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 for recruitment of 429 Assistant Agricultural Officer and Assitant Horticultural Officer. The exam was held on April 17, 2021, in two shifts for two papers of the exam. TNPSC Official Answer Key 2021 is available at tnpsc.gov.in. TNPSC releases the merit list of qualifying candidates who are required to participate in document verification and counselling for the final appointment. Read this article for the complete details of TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and other information through this page below.
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021
One of the most important conditions of eligibility for recruitment to Assistant Agricultural Officer and Assistant Horticulture Officer posts is the knowledge of Tamil language. Candidates must ensure their eligibility as it is verified after the exam through proper document verification. Check out all the important dates related to TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 in the table below.
|Date of Notification||05 Feb 2021|
|Last date for Submission of Applications||04 Mar 2021|
|Last date for payment of Fee||06 Mat 2021|
|Date and Time of Written Examination|
|Paper I (Subject Paper)||17 Apr 2021 (10.00 A.M. to 01.00 P.M.)|
|Paper II (General Studies)||17 Apr 2021 (03.00 P.M. to 05:00 P.M.)|
|Answer Key release||Within 3 days from the date of exam|
|Publication of Written Examination|
|Certificate upload for Certificate|
|Certificate Verification dates||June 2021|
|Date of Counselling||July 2021|
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Overview
|Name of Exam||TNPSC Assistant Agricultural Officer Recruitment Exam|
|Conducting Body||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Posts||Assistant Agricultural Officer|
Assistant Horticultural Officer
|Application Fee||Registration Fee = Rs 150|
Examination Fee = Rs 100
|Eligibility||Age: 18 to 30 years|
Qualification: Class 12 pass & Diploma in Agriculture/Horticulture
|Selection Process||Written Exam & Document Verification|
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Selection Process
The written examination is the primary selection stage for recruitment of Assistant Agricultural Officer/Assistant Horticultural Officer. Thereafter, qualifiers are eligible to appear in subsequent stages. Check out the selection stages below.
- Written Examination and
- Certificate verification
After the conduct of the written examination, the tentative list of eligible candidates for certificate verification is announced on the Commission’s website. After verification of the original certificates, the eligible candidates are summoned for final selection through the counselling method.
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Vacancy Details
Check below the TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Vacancy Details:
TNPSC AAO Admit Card 2021
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission releases the admit card for TNPSC AAO Exam at the official website tnpsc.gov.in as per schedule before the exam. The admit card releases through candidate login. Registered candidates have to download the hall ticket by entering the login ID and password generated during the online application process.
Check out some important points to remember about TNPSC AAO Admit Card 2021 below.
- The admit card releases at the official website through candidate login only. Candidates cannot obtain it by post or any other means.
- Once released, candidates must not wait till the last day before the exam to download the hall ticket.
- Candidates are advised to check the information on the admit card and intimate any discrepancy to the Commission immediately.
- It may be noted that admission to the exam hall is subject to production of a valid admit card. Without the admit card, no one is allowed to enter the exam centre.
- Candidates are advised to carry a valid photo identity proof along with the admit card.
- Details of the exam date, timing and address of the exam centre is indicated on the TNPSC AAO Admit Card 2021.
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 – Exam Pattern
The examination scheme of TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 is given below. It may be noted that the question paper is set in both English & Tamil languages.
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Syllabus
The detailed syllabus of Assistant Agricultural Officer and Assistant Horticultural Officer is indicated by the Commission at the official website, through the information brochure. Check out the indicative topics in the syllabus below.
Paper I Syllabus
|Assistant Agricultural Officer||Assistant Horticultural Officer|
|Agronomic Principles, practices & meteorology|
Dry farming & agro-forestry
Soils & fertility management
Horticultural crop cultivation techniques
Breeding & seed production
Plant protection principles & practices
Livestock, poultry management, artificial insemination, calf rearing
Farm machinery & post-harvest technology
Energy & Environment
Agricultural extension & economics
|Basic Horticulture & Plant Propagation|
Soil & fertility, irrigation & weed management
Production technology of fruits & vegetables
Production technology of flower crops & landscaping
Production technology of spices, plantation crops, medicinal & aromatic crops
Insect, pests & diseases of horticultural crops & their management
Post harvest handling & value addition of horticultural crops
Livestock management & poultry production
Farm management, marketing & extension education
Paper II Syllabus
- General Science
- Current Events
- History & Culture of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (Class 10 standard)
Click here to download TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Syllabus.
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Exam Centre
As per the official notification, the TNPSC AAO recruitment examination is held at the following centres:
|Name of the|
TNPSC AAO Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should possess the following Qualification on the Date of this Notification.
- Must have passed Higher Secondary (Plus Two) Examination.
- Must possess two years Diploma in Agriculture from the Institutions recognised by the Government of Tamil Nadu or affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University; or Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul District; or any other institutions under the control of the Commissioner of Agriculture.
- The qualification prescribed for this post should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies SSLC, HSC and Diploma. The results of exam should have been declared on or before the date of notification.
- Applicants claiming equivalence of qualification to the prescribed qualification should upload and submit evidence for equivalence of qualification in the form of G.O. issued prior to the date of this notification when called for, failing which their application will be summarily rejected. The G.O’s issued regarding equivalence of prescribed qualification after the date of this notification will not be accepted.
|Categories||Min Age||Max Age|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and|
DWs of all Castes
|18 years||No max limit|
|“Others” [i.e. Candidates not belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, |
STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs]
|18 years||30 years|
Certificate of Physical Fitness
Applicants selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a certificate of physical fitness in the form prescribed below:
- Standard of vision – Standard III
- Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness – Form Prescribed for Executive Post
Colour blindness will be a disqualification. Applicants with defective vision should produce Eye Fitness Certificate from qualified Eye specialist.