UGC NET 2020 – National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the date schedule for UGC NET 2020. Candidates can get the notification for the same from ntanet.nic.in. UGC NET 2020 is scheduled from June 15 to June 20, 2020. To apply for UGC NET 2020, candidates must have a Master’s degree with minimum 55% marks. UGC NET 2020 is conducted as computer-based test (CBT) only. Get here more information related to UGC NET 2020 including the application process, admit card, answer key, result, answer key, exam pattern, syllabus and other information.
UGC NET 2020
Through UGC NET, eligible candidates are selected as Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor. Get the important dates for UGC NET 2020 from the table below:
|UGC NET 2020||Important Dates|
|Start of the application form||16 March 2020|
|Last date to apply||16 April 2020|
|Downloading admit card||15 May 2020|
|UGC NET exam date 2020||15 June to 20 June 2020|
|Release of answer key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||05 July 2020|
The information provided in this article is based on UGC NET 2019 notification. Soon after UGC NET 2020 notification releases, we will update it here as well.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Schedule
The examination schedule for UGC NET 2020 has been released. Check the UGC NET 2020 schedule from the image provided below.
UGC NET 2020 Application form
NTA release UGC NET application form 2020 on the official website. Candidates have to go to the official website, ntanet.nic.in to apply for UGC NET 2020. Get the process to submit UGC NET 2020 application form below:
How to apply?
- Go to the official website of UGC NET, nta.net.nic.in.
- Click on the ‘Fill online Application form‘.
- After this, the candidate has to fill the registration form.
- Click on the proceed button to fill UGC NET application form.
- Enter all the details asked in UGC NET 2020 application form.
- Proceed to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Now, pay the required application fee for UGC NET 2020.
- Do not forget to take a print out the confirmation page after successful payment.
The required application fee for UGC NET 2020 is as follows:
Mode of payment
- Candidates can pay UGC NET 2020 application fee only through online mode.
- Applicants may use a debit card/credit card, net banking/paytm.
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility
Before beginning with UGC NET 2020 application procedure, refer to the UGC NET eligibility criteria 2020.
- Candidates who have a master’s degree or its equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for Non-Creamy Layer/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)/Transgender category).
- Applicants pursuing a master’s degree or whose result is still awaited are also eligible to apply.
- For assistant professor, there is no required age limit.
- For JRF, candidate must not exceed the age limit of 30 years.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the examination pattern for UGC NET 2020 is provided below:
- Mode of examination: Computer based test
- Duration of examination: 03 hours (There is no break between paper 1 and paper 2)
- Type of questions: Objective questions
- Number of papers: 02 papers
- Number of questions: 150 questions
- Maximum marks: 300 marks
- Marking scheme:
|For correct answer||+2 marks|
|For incorrect answer||No negative marking|
- Distribution of questions:
UGC NET Admit Card 2020
After the process of application form is over, candidates can get their UGC NET admit card online. To download UGC NET admit card, candidates have to visit the official website ntanet.nic.in. Know more about UGC NET admit card 2020 below:
- Candidates have to download admit card through login. Use the application number and password to login for UGC NET admit card.
- It is important for candidates to carry a print of admit card with them to the centre. With this, carry one passport size photograph and photo identity proof.
- Through hall ticket, candidates get to know about their UGC NET exam date 2020, shift timings, important instructions for the examination.
UGC NET 2020 Exam Centres
Here are the previous year UGC NET examination centres for reference
|Sambalpur||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Muzaffarnagar|
|Puducherry/ Cuddalore||Delhi/New Delhi||Gonda|
|Fatehgarh Sahib||Anand, Gujarat||Shivamogga|
|Tirunelveli||Samba, Jammu and Kashmir||Warangal|
|Tiruvannamalai||Bokaro Steel City||Belagavi (Belgaum)|
UGC NET Answer Key 2020
After the commencement of the examination, applicants can get the provisional answer key online. To download UGC NET answer key, visit the official website ntanet.nic.in. Refer to the points below to know more about UGC NET answer key 2020.
- NTA releases UGC NET answer key 2020 in PDF format.
- No login is required for downloading UGC NET 2020 answer key.
- After the release of provisional answer key, applicants can raise objections.
- The window for objections displays for 2-3 days from the release of answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.1000/- per question for objection.
- NTA releases recorded responses and question paper from the official website.
UGC NET Result 2020
NTA releases final answer key after the process of objection is over. UGC NET 2020 result declares only after the release of final answer key.
- To check result, visit the official website ntanet.nic.in.
- Keep the application number and password or date of birth ready for login.
- Candidates can get to their e-certificate and JRF award letter from the official website.
- To download the certificate candidates must have the following details – roll number/application number, date of birth, exam session.
National Testing Agency (NTA) is an Indian agency that holds the responsibility to conduct entrance examinations. NTA was established in November 2017 by the Union Council of Ministers. Vineet Joshi served as the first director-general of the agency. Examinations that are conducted by NTA are as follows – Joint entrance examination (JEE Main), National Eligibility Test (NET), Common Management Admission test, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Official website: ntanet.nic.in
Check the previous year information for UGC NET from the links below:
UGC NET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates must have a Master's degree to apply for UGC NET. Also, applicants must have passed Master's degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
Ans : No. NTA conducts UGC NET through online mode. Candidates have to answer objective questions for UGC NET.
Ans : Those candidates who qualify UGC NET assistant professor are awarded with e-certificate. This electronic certificate does not have any limited validity.
Ans : No. NTA does not deduct any marks for incorrect answers.
Ans : Candidates have to secure a minimum of 40% marks to qualify UGC NET.