UPPCL JE Syllabus 2019: Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) recruits for the post of Junior Engineer. The syllabus for which is somewhat based upon the curriculum of the graduatin level in the specified field. Basic qualification needed for this exam is a 3 year diploma in electrical engineering. Syllabus for the same is not much vast and can be covered easily if done strategically. Check below the detailed syllabus, recommended books, exam analysis and many more from the article below.
UPPCL JE Syllabus 2019, Exam Pattern, Preparation Tips
Candidates can find the general and basic information about the exam and exa conduction body from below:
- Exam name: UPPCL Junior Engineer Exam
- Conducting Body: Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited
- Categories of post: Junior Engineer (Trainee) Electrical
UPPCL JE Exam Pattern 2019
An understanding of the exam pattern and marking scheme makes clarity in the mind of the candidates as of how the paper is structured. Knowing the exam pattern guides the candidates to know the subject to focus more.
Total Marks: Total marks allotted to the exam is 200 marks.
Positive marking: Paper carries a positive marking of 1 mark each.
Negative marking: 0.25 marks will get deducted for a wrong answer.
Sectional distribution: 150 marks for technical and 50 marks for non-technical.
- General Knowledge
- Basics of Hindi
UPPCL JE Syllabus 2019
- Basics of electricity
- KCL and KVL numericals
- Network theorem
- Superposition Theorem
- Thevenin Theorem
- Simple RTH numericals
- Norton theorem
- Maximum power theorem
- Magnetic circuit
- Single phase transformers
- Synchronous machine
- Motor and generator
- Induction numericals
- DC motor
Electrical Power System
- Load factor
- Demand factor
- Diversity factor
- Fault anaylsis
- Circuit breaker
- Transmission and distribution
- String efficiency
Measurements and Instrumentation
- Measurement of resistance
- Measurement of inductors
- Ohm meter
- High direct deflection method
- Loss of charge method
- Sharing bridge
New Topics asked in the previous year exam
Digital and Power electronics
- K map
- Number system
- Basics of flip flop
- Phase controller rectifier
- What the inventor does
UPPCL JE Level of Exam 2019
Candidates wondering what is a level of UPPCL JE exam, then you can find your answers here. Basicallt the exam is for those students who have done a 3 years diploma in electrical engineering and have a knowledge of either Hindi or Sanskrit.
So the level of the exam is the graduate level exam and we have already seen the syllabus for it. Talking about the difficulty level, it is not much if you are clear with the basics. If you have prepared for SSC then you can easily clear UPPCL JE exam 2019.
UPPCL JE Recommended Books
|Basic Electrical engineering||Click here|
|Electricla engineering materials and |
|Electric machine by ashfaq husain||Click here|
|Principle of power system |
by V.K Mehta and rohit mehta
|Electrical engineering by R.K Rajput||Click here|
|General Knowledge by Lucent||click here|
UPPCL JE Preparation
Candidates before starting their preparation for any exam must keep the following points in consideration. They might be helpful for some in starting their preparation for the exam well.
- Know your syllabus: Starting without knowing the syllabus of the exam is a waste. Not having a full understanding of the exam does not bring full efficiency in the output of the preparation. So first and foremost thing is to know the syllabus really good.
- Collection of notes: Once the knowing the syllabus the exam takers immediate next step should be the compilation of the notes and study material required for the preparation. Collect physical notes and online notes and made them store in separate folders. Such that they are easily accessible and understandable.
- Divide the topics: When everything is ready with the candidates then go for segregation. Divide the topics which you know and which you dont know. Start with the topics or the subjects which you don’t have a command on.
- Separate important topics: It provides a great help when we separate the most important topics in one place. This helps the students preparing for the exam to first focus on these topics. And also at the time of the exam to just brush up them once.
- Set the schedule: Everything is still fine but not allocating a proper deadline or maintaining a deadline is not workable. Candidates must set the time according to the depth of the syllabus and level of preparation needed. And also try to achieve that set time and schedule, which leaves space for practice and mocks.