UPSC CDS 2 Result 2018 – UPSC has announced Final CDS 2 Result 2018, on May 03, 2019 at the official website i.e. upsc.gov.in. The result has been announced in the form pdf and containing the name and roll number of the qualified candidates. Check the CDS 2 Result from the direct link present below on the page. The result is based on the overall performance of the candidates in UPSC CDS 2 Exam and SSB interview. The number of vacancies is 100, 45, and 32 for Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy, respectively. The CDS 2 Name wise Result 2018 of the written exam on January 09, 2019. Check details on UPSC CDS 2 Result 2018 from this page.
UPSC CDS 2 Result 2018
The selection of candidates in CDS is done on the basis of written exam, followed by SSB round. In all, 7650 candidates qualified for Service Selection Board (SSB). The candidates can check all the important dates for CDS 2 Result 2018 below:
|UPSC CDS (2) 2018 Result||Important Date|
|Date of Examination||18 Nov 2018|
|Results of written examination||02 Jan 2019|
|Last date of registration for selected candidates who opted IMA-147 (DE)||21 Jan 2019|
|Final Results||03 May 2019|
|Commencement of course||Jul 2019|
Final CDS 2 Result 2019
Click Here to check the CDS 2 2018 Result.
Name wise Result
- Click here to download the above pdf.
Roll Number wise Result:
How to Check UPSC CDS II Result 2018?
To check the result for CDS 2, it is advised to the candidates to simply follow the instructions as given below.
- Click on the link above.
- A PDF file of CDS (II) result 2018 will open in a new tab
- Press Ctrl+F and enter your roll no. in the given space
- If your roll no. is displayed in the result list it means that you have qualified the test.
- You may also download the pdf file and save it for future reference.
After CDS 2 2018 Result
The qualified of CDS 2 2018 candidates have to submit original certificates such as DOB certificate, Educational qualification certificates NCC (C) (Army Wing/Senior Division Air Wing/Naval Wing) etc, with one set of attested copy at below-provided address.
A.G.’s Branch/Rtg./CDSE Entry
Section for males and SSC Women Entry Section for women candidates,
West Block-III, Ground Floor, Wing 1, R.K. Puram,
In case of candidates chooses the IMA/ SSC as their first choice then send the above-mnetioned details to
IHQ of MoD (Navy),
DMPR (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’-Wing, Sena Bhawan,
In case of Navy as their first choice, and
To PO 3 (A) Air Headquarters, ‘J’
Block, Room No. 17,
Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg,
New Delhi-110011 in case of
Or candidate opts for the Air Force as their first choice then they have to send their certificates within 02 weeks of completion of SSB Interview. The candidates must not send the original Certificates to the Union Public Service Commission.
Compilation Of The Merit List
UPSC prepares a list of applicants who have acquired the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as established by the Commission in their discretion. Applicants declared qualified in this written exam will be detailed for personality and intelligence test at the SSB based on their preference by the respective service HQ.
The maximum marks assigned to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course. The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and interview will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy respectively. The commission has the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all of the subjects of the examination.
Negative Marking in CDS Examination
There will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by applicants in the objective type question papers. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each wrong answer by any candidate, one third (⅓ or 0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. If any applicant attempts more than one answer for any question, it will be deemed as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and will be equally penalized. If any question is left blank i.e., unanswered by the applicant, there won’t be any penalty for that question.
Cut off of CDS Examination
The minimum qualifying marks in each subject are 20% marks. The cut off for the last year i.e., written examination aggregate marks of last qualified candidate in 2016 for each academy are given below:
- AFA- 138 (46%) out of 300
- IMA- 105 (35%) out of 300
- INA- 99 (33%) out of 300
- OTA (Men)- 84 (42%) out of 200
- OTA (Women)- 84 (42%) out of 200
Only For Air Force Academy
There are three modes to enter the Air Force Academy. CDSE, NCC and Airmen. Applicants who haev applied for the Air Force through more than one source will be interviewed/tested at the Air Force Selection Boards only once for Air Force. Common candidates those who fails in Computer Pilot Selection system (CPSS) and / or Pilot aptitude Battery tests as an NCC or Airmen candidate will be called again for OLQ testing for Army/Navy/OTS only if it is found that have applied through CDS exam. Applicants qualified in the written examination for IMA (D.E.) Course/ Navy (S.E.) Course/ or Air Force Academy irrespective of whether they are eligible for SSC Course or not will be detailed for SSB test. Applicants who qualify only for SSC course will be detailed for SSB tests.
Applicants who have qualified in the written exam need to register themselves on the recruiting directorate website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in to receive call for the SSB interview. Results of the test conducted by SSB will hold good for all the courses for which the applicant has qualified in the written exam. It will irrespective of the service HQ conducting it. Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Service Selection Boards. All the applicants will be put to stage one test on the first day of reporting at the selection center. Only the applicants who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/ remaining tests. All those who fail to pass stage one will be asked to return. Applicants qualifying stage two will need to submit the photocopy of these documents:
- Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth,
- Bachelor’s Degree/Provisional Degree along with mark sheets of all the years/semesters in support of educational qualification.
To be acceptable, applicants have to secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in- (i) written examination and (ii) SSB test as fixed by the Commission and Service Selection Board respectively in their favor. The applicants will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and the SSB tests. The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual applicants will be decided by the Commission in their discretion. The commission will not enter into correspondence with them regarding the result.
Success at the examination does not confer the right of admission to any of the academies mentioned above. The final selection will be made in order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability to all other respects. It also depends on the number of vacancies available.
- Applicants who were admitted to an earlier course at any of the related Academies but were removed from there on disciplinary grounds will not be considered for admission to any of the Academies.
- Applicants who were withdrawn from the Indian Military Academy earlier for lack of officer-like qualities will not be admitted to the Indian Military Academy.
- Applicants who were selected as Special Entry Naval Cadets earlier but were withdrawn from the National Defence Academy or from Naval Training Establishments earlier for lack of officer-like qualities will not be eligible to get into Indian Navy.
- Applicants who were withdrawn from Indian Military Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, NCC and Graduate course earlier for lack of officer-like qualities will not be considered for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army.
- Applicants who were withdrawn from NCC and Graduates’ course for lack of officer-like qualities will not be admitted to the Indian Military Academy.
- Applicants must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. If the applicant marries after the date of his/her application though successful at this of any following examinations will not be selected for training.
- An applicant who marries during training will be discharged and liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government.
The last result declared by UPSC other than, CDS 2 Result is CDS 1 2018 result. The final result of CDS 1 2018 has been announced. The Commission had recommended 2778, 1720 and 623 as qualified in the written test.
The total number of applicants who qualified for the UPSC CDS (II) 2017 written examination is 8692. In 2016, this was 8548. Again, in the UPSC CDS (II) 2016 the total number of applicants that qualified in the written test were 8563.