CDS 1 2022: The CDS 1 2022 unofficial answer key is now available. CDS (1) 2022 examination was held on April 10, 2022. Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year. It is a national-level recruitment examination for selecting the Eligibility Candidates into the Defence field. The candidates who aim to serve the nation can apply for this examination. The aspirants who want to join the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy, can apply online at the official website of UPSC. Get complete details on the CDS (l) 2022 exam below in this article.
Latest: CDS 2022 unofficial answer key of English is now available. Check here
CDS 1 2022
Here are the important dates regarding UPSC CDS 2022 Examination. Go through these dates mentioned below, so that you can have complete clarity about the exam date, application form, and final results.
|Announcement of the official notification date||22 Dec 2021|
|Submission of the online application form starts from the date||22 Dec 2021|
|Submission of the online application form ends on the date||11 Jan 2022|
|CDS Application form withdrawal date||18 Jan -24 Jan 2022 till 6:00 PM|
|Admit card release date||14 Mar 2022|
|CDS 1 2022 exam date||10 Apr 2022|
|Declaration of the result||May 2022|
|SSB Test Date irrespective of whether qualified |
for SSC Course or not
|SSB Tes Datet for candidates who|
qualify for SSC Course only
|October – December 2022|
Overview of UPSC CDS 2022
Check here for an overview of the UPSC CDS exam, arranged merely so that every candidate can understand it quickly and clearly.
|Name of the examination||UPSC CDS 2022|
|Full form||Combined Defence Services|
|Exam conducting authority||Union public service commission|
|Level of the exam||National level|
|Question type||Multiple choice question|
|Mode of the exam||Offline only|
|Exam duration||02 hours|
UPSC CDS Admit Card 2022
After applying every candidate will be waiting for the admit card to be released. CDS 1 2022 Admit card is filled with the details of the candidate’s name, hall ticket number, and the examination center allotted. Here are the details about the admit card that is to be released
- UPSC CDS admit card will be issued on the official website before 3 weeks of the exam
- To download the admit card go to the official website of UPSC
- Admit card contains candidates hall ticket number, name, DOB, exam center, name of the exam, with some instructions
- Carry the black-white printed copy of admit card on the examination day
- Carry a black or blue pen with admit card and government id proof
- Candidates must be at the center of the reporting time mentioned on the admit card
- Any kind of Electronic gadgets are not allowed into the exam hall
UPSC CDS Exam Center
In the centers mentioned below examination will be held:
|ANANTAPUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)||ITANAGAR||RAJKOT|
|GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR||NAVI MUMBAI||WARANGAL|
UPSC CDS 2022 Eligibility
Candidates who are applying for this exam must go through the eligibility section. This thing is mandatory. So read each and every line in the eligibility criteria. Here are the eligibility criteria for the CDS(1) exam.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- Or the candidate should be a subject of Nepal.
- The candidate must be a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries like, Kenya, Uganda, the united republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam intentionally settle permanently in India
Age limit, Gender, marital status-
- For IMA-only unmarried male candidates,aged 24 or below are eligible
- For Indian naval academy-must have age between 20 to 24 years are eligible.
- Candidates who are below 25 and unmarried are also eligible to apply.
- During the training, period marriage is not allowed.
- And also married people above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during the training period, the particular candidate will not be eligible for the accommodation of one’s family inside the premises and also not allowed to live outside the premises with the family.
- For Officers Training Academy-SSC course is only for men, candidates who are unmarried, aged 24 or below are eligible to apply.
- For officers training academy-(SSC women and nontechnical courses), mainly the unmarried women, the women who are widowed and not remarried, and the women who are successfully divorced with divorce documents, who are aged 24 or below are eligible to apply.
- For I.M.A and Officers Training Academy- must hold a degree certificate from a recognized university.
- For the air force academy, candidates must have a bachelor of engineering certificate or degree from a recognized university (subjects physics and mathematics at 10+2 level)
- Candidates who are in their last semester can also apply if they have no backlogs in any previous semesters and must submit the certificate of passing at the time of commencement of the course.
Physical and mental standards-
- Candidates must be physically fit and strong enough to prepare for CDS (I) and mentally stable.
UPSC CDS 2022 Application Form
Eligible candidates can move forward to fill the CDS application form that is available on the official website. Here is the guide for applying for the CDS(I) 2022 examination.
- Go to the official website, upsc.gov.in/
- We can see the application for the CDS (I) and (II) exam
- Now click on the CDS(I) for registration
- Fill in all your details like educational qualification, address, etc
- Verify your Email id and mobile number.
- Upload your passport size photo and signature as this is the important part of the application.
- Pay the application fee mentioned online.
- A final click on the submit and now you are successfully registered.
- Always keep 2-3 printed application forms with you for further purposes.
UPSC CDS Application fee :
- The application fee is 200/- (rupees two hundred only) for all candidates except female/SC/ST candidates as they are obligated to pay a fee.
- Payment can be made online through credit cards, net banking
- Payment can be made offline through SBI bank
UPSC CDS 2022 syllabus
Syllabus for admission into CDS 2022 examination. Check the CDS syllabus below:
- English -Synonyms, Sentence correction, Antonyms, Jumbled sentences, Error Spotting, Reading comprehension, Para Jumbles, Fill in the blanks.
- General knowledge-Current Events, General Knowledge, Read daily basis Newspaper, Indian History, Geography Of Nature.
- Mathematics-Algebra,Geometry,Arithmetic,Trigonometry,Mensuration, Statistics.
Recommended: CDS Previous Year Question Paper
UPSC CDS 2022 Exam Pattern
Every Candidate must go through the CDS exam pattern to understand the exact pattern so that they can get to know about the marks, duration, etc. Check here the pattern of the CDS exam
- Mode of the Exam: Offline
- Language: English, Hindi
- Duration: 02 hours
- Type of the questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: Applicable
The following is the exam pattern for admission into the IMA, IFA, AFA
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Maths||2 hours||100|
The following is the exam pattern for admission into the officer’s training academy.
|General knowledge||2 hours||100|
Preparation tips for UPSC CDS 2022
All the candidates who have applied for CDS will dream about being recruited in the defense field and hope to have a successful career ahead and also they will always be grateful to serve their nation. So, here are some tips to make your dream come true, by helping you through CDS preparation.
- Go through your syllabus carefully and know the complete syllabus.
- Having complete knowledge of the syllabus will help in the CDS preparation.
- Make a perfect schedule and follow it properly without procrastination.
- Start preparing for the subject that is the toughest first.
- Make notes of bullet points for every subject it will help you in revising.
- Always try to solve CDS exam previous years question papers, and attempt the mock test.
- Give more preference for basic concepts than other formulas,they are going to be basic Topics mostly.
- Go for the topics that have more weightage.
- ‘Practice makes a man perfect’ stick to this and practice.
- Always prepare in a calm environment.
- Take a deep breath and go for a short walk after your study sessions daily.
UPSC CDS Books for Preparation
Books For English Preparation:
- Objective General English by S.P.Bakshi
- High school English and grammar composition by wren and martin
- Word power made easy by norman lewis
Books For General Knowledge Preparation:
- General awareness by Manohar Panday (Arihant publications)
- Manorama yearbook by Philip Mathew
- Newspapers like Hindu, the Indian Express, the economic times
Books For Elementary Mathematics Preparation:
- Mathematics for CDS by R.S Aggarwal
- Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations by R.S Aggarwal
- Pathfinder for CDS by Arihant publications
Read more: Best Books for CDS Preparation
UPSC CDS Answer Key 2022
The CDS answer key releases after the results are out. It will be released on the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in. Before releasing the answer key authority will announce the date on the website. Applicants can check the answer key and calculate their marks to know the results. Candidates preparing for the CDS exam can also download and go through this for reference. Anyone can download the Answer key easily from the website. Answer key will be provided in PDF format. By checking the answer key, candidates can be tension-free and be confident about the results that are going to be announced.
UPSC CDS Result 2022
The CDS result of the written examination releases once the examination is over successfully. CDS 1 2022 results will be declared on the official website of UPSC, upsc.gov.in. Candidates can check their results on the official website of UPSC by entering their hall ticket number. They can check whether they are qualified or not with the help of the merit list published online. After viewing their qualifying status, can print their result and take a printout of the result for further purpose. It is advised to take 2-3 printed copies of the result.
UPSC CDS Selection Process 2022
The selection of candidates for CDS examination takes place in two stages – Written examination and SSB Interview. Check the detailed CDS selection procedure below:
- Candidates must qualify for the CDS exam to attend the SSB interview process.
- The interview process includes two phases-phase I and phase II.
- The candidates who cleared their phase I interview successfully are only permitted for phase II interview phase- I includes Officer Intelligence rating((OIR) tests that are picture perception test (PP&DT).
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance in the OIR, PP&DT test, and the phase-II interview goes with group testing officers task, psychology tests, and ends with the conference, the period for all these tests is 4 days.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a premier recruitment body that conducts national level examinations across the nation. It was set up on October 01, 1926, for appointments to the services of the Union and All India services. Some of the famous exams that UPSC holds are Indian Administrative Services, Combined Medical Services, Indian Forest Services, National Defence Services.
A- Yes, the UPSC authority provides a facility to withdraw the application after submitting it. But your application fee is not refundable.
A- No, only women who are unmarried, divorced, and widowed are eligible to write the CDS exam.
A – No, only unmarried men are eligible for the IMA.