UPSC CDS 2017 is held by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Combined Defence Services (CDS) (1) 2017 notification has been published on November 09, 2016. Candidates who have completed graduation and wish to get admission in Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy can get here complete details of UPSC CDS (1) 2017.
- UPSC CDS (1) Answer Key 2017 can be checked after exam.
Online application form of CDS (1) 2017 can be filled and submitted by eligible candidates. Commission will issue CDS Admit Card for registered candidates who can carry it to appear for written exam. Selection will be on basis of written exam, and interview. Result of CDS (1) 2017 will be announced once for exam and then after interview. Get here complete details of UPSC CDS (1) 2017 including notification, dates, application form, admit card, result.
|Notification||Click Here (View / Download)|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Result||CDS I | CDS II|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
|Previous Year Question Paper||Click Here|
|Exam Preparation||Click Here|
UPSC CDS (1) 2017
Name of organization – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Vacancy Details
- Total vacancies – 463
- IMA – 150
- INA – 45
- AFA – 32
- OTA (Men) – 225 (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders to NCC Spl. Entry)
- OTA (Women) – 11
- For IMA and INA, candidate should be born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 1999.
- For AFA, candidate should be 20 to 24 years old as on 01 Jan 2018, born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 1998.
- For OTA Men and Women, candidate should be born between 02 Jan 1993 and 01 Jan 1999.
- For IMA and OTA, candidate should have Degree of recognised University or equivalent.
- For INA, candidate should have Degree in Engineering.
- For AFA, candidate should have Degree of recognised University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level, or Bachelor of Engineering.
Selection process – Written exam, interview consisting of intelligence and personality test.
Application fee – Rs 200 for all candidates except Female / SC / ST candidates who have to pay nil fee.
|Commencement of UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Apply Online||November 09,2016|
|Last date to register||December 02, 2016|
|Availability of CDS (1) Admit Card||January 06, 2017|
|Date of exam of UPSC CDS (1) 2017||February 05, 2017|
|Date of exam of UPSC CDS (2) 2016||October 23, 2016|
|CDS 2 2016 Result declaration at upsc.gov.in (expected)||February 2017|
CDS 2017 Apply Online
Candidates can apply online for Combined Defence Services Examination (I) 2017 from 09 Nov to 02 December. Complete process starting from registering to entering details in form and making payment, is online. Application form of UPSC CDS (1) 2017 is issued at upsconline.nic.in.
How to apply / Instructions to apply
- Go to UPSC CDS Online Application Form.
- Start registration by completing Part I registration. Enter basic details asked in form. It is advised that candidate refers to official documents while applying.
- After completing first part, do Part II registration.
- If applicable on gender and category, pay application fee for UPSC CDS (1) 2017.
- Check that all details in form are correct and submit it. Note registration ID and password as it will be used later to download admit card of CDS.
CDS 2017 Admit Card
Candidates who have applied for Combined Defence Services are able to download CDS Admit Card. It is important to note that admit card of CDS (1) 2017 will be will only be released online. It is responsibility of candidates to search for, and download hall ticket at least three weeks before exam.
- Enter registration ID (RID) and date of birth, or Roll Number and date of birth to download CDS Admit Card.
- Print and read instructions given in hall ticket.
- Admit card of CDS (1) 2017 will contain important details such as roll number of candidate, examination center allotted, and other information.
- In case of any issue related to call letter availability, such as not being able to download it, contact UPSC office in person or over at 011-23381125, 011-23385271, 011- 23098543.
CDS 2017 Answer Key
Combined Defence Service Examination or CDSE 2017 is a pen and paper based exam. All questions in it are multiple choice type. Answer key of UPSC CDS (1) 2017 will be released by several coaching centers and individual education experts after exam.
Candidates can refer to CDS Answer Key to know about correct answers. Moreover this will be helpful in estimating marks obtained in exam. Knowing answers and approximate marks, candidates can refer to past year cut offs and know whether they have chances of getting admission.
UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Answer Key can be viewed after exam for all sets of question papers.
UPSC CDS Cut Offs
Last CDS exam cut offs are given below for reference.
|Academy||Written exam||Final exam|
Cut off for each subject is 20%.
CDS 2017 Result
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), organizing body of CDS (1) 2017, will prepare a list of candidates who have obtained marks equal to mo more than qualifying cut off. Cut off is also decided by UPSC based on several factors like difficulty level of exam and number of vacancies. Candidates who qualify written exam are called for interview and involving intelligence and personality test.
- Services Selection Board or SSB organizes two stage selection procedure after declaration of written exam results of UPSC CDS.
- Candidate must qualify both stages, written exam and interview, to get offered admission in IMA, INA, AFA, OTA.
Merit obtained in UPSC CDS (1) 2017 Result will lead to admission in Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 144th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2018; Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Course commencing in January, 2018 Executive (General Service); Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in February, 2018; Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai 107th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in April, 2018; Officers Training Academy, Chennai 21st SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April, 2018.
Combined Defence Services Examination Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Written exam for IMA, INA, AFA
Written exam for OTA
Time for each subject paper is 2 hours. Hence, candidates who have applied for admission to Indian Military Academy or Indian Naval Academy or Air Force Academy will attempt papers for six hours. Candidates who have applied for Officers Training Academy will attempt papers for four hours.
- The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.
- The standard of papers in General Knowledge, and English will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
- Detailed CDS Syllabus is given in syllabus page. Candidates can prepare for UPSC CDS (1) 2017 by going through complete syllabus.
Most often looked after information on Combined Defence Services Examination are related to UPSC CDS result, UPSC CDS syllabus, UPSC CDS admit card, UPSC Online, UPSC CDS online application form, UPSC CDS 2017, UPSC CDS registration. Get here all details on UPSC CDS (1) 2017 including these information here. In case of any other queries, ask at discussion forum.