Combined Defence Service (CDS) examination is conducted twice by UPSC. Lakhs of candidates appear for this examination from all over the country. UPSC CDS is a national level examination, candidates who get selected in the examination are further called for Interview for Intelligence and Personality Test (SSB). Candidates who qualify all the stages are recruited to Army, Naval and Air Headquarters. Interested candidates can submit application form of UPSC CDS (2) 2017.
UPSC will conduct CDS 2 exam 2017 on November 19, 2017. The examination will be held in pen and paper based mode and the candidates can will have to mark the answers on an OMR sheet. The official website of the exam is www.upsc.gov.in However, all the details about the UPSC CDS 2 2017 exam can be cehcked from below.
Latest – Fictitious Fee: Applications rejected due to non-payment of the fee has been announced.
Schedule for UPSC CDS (II) 2017
|Release of Notification and application form||August 08 2017|
|Last date to submit the Application form||September 08, 2017|
|The candidates can submit the application fee by Cash||September 07, 2017|
|Fee amount can be paid until Online Payment Gatway||September 08, 2017|
|Date of Examination||November 19, 2017|
UPSC CDS (2) 2017 Notification
The Application Form for UPSC CDS 2 are available until September 08, 2017
|Notification||Click Here (View / Download)|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Admit Card||Click Here|
|Answer Key||Click Here|
|Result||CDS I | CDS II|
|Cut Off||Click Here|
|Previous Year Question Paper||Click Here|
|Exam Preparation||Click Here|
Eligibility for UPSC CDS (II) Examination
There are some eligibility norms which are set by UPSC for CDS examination. To apply for the examination candidate must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the same. The admission to all the stages of the examination will be decided on the basis eligibility. For this verification of the documents will be done by the UPSC. Eligibility for the examination is as follows:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India, Bhutan, Nepal or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1963.
- A person who was a Indian citizen but migrated to Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age limit, Gender and Marital Status
- For Indian Military Academy- Candidate should be a unmarried male, not born earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 are eligible
- For Indian Naval Academy- Unmarried male candidates, not born earlier than 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 are eligible
- For Air Force Academy- Candidates from age 20-24 as on 1st July 2018, should be born earlier 2nd July, 1994 and not later than 1st July 1998 are only eligible
- For Indian Military Academy- For IMA candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.
- For Indian Naval Academy- Candidate should have a degree in Engineering from a recognised university or institution.
- For Air Force Academy- For AFA candidate must have a degree of a recognised university with mathematics and Physics as main subjects in 10+2 level. or Bachelor of Engineering.
UPSC CDS 2 Application Form 2017
The application form for UPSC CDS has been released. The candidates may fill it by clicking the appropriate link above. The candidates will first have to finish the Part 1 of the registration and then move on to the Part 2. In the Patrt 1, the candidates will be required to enter basic details. Whereas, in the Part 2, the candidates will have to pay the application fee.
Application Fee– Fee for the examination for different categories along with the modes of payment is as follows:
- General and OBC candidates – Rs. 200
- Female/SC/ST Candidates – Need not pay any fee amount.
The application fee for CDS 2 can be paid online and offline. The offline mode to pay the fee is via Pay by Cash, whereas, the online mode include Net Banking, Debit Card, and Credit Card. Through whichever medium the candidates will pay the application fee, they must keep the payment slip safely.
Examination Pattern for UPSC CDS II 2017
The CDS II 2017 entrance examination comprises of a written examination. Candidates who qualify the written examination will be selected for the interview and personality test conducted by Services Selection Board (SSB) commonly known as SSB. The scheme for the examination is given below in the table.
For Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hours|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hours|
The papers in all the subject will be of MCQ type (objective questions). Candidates are not allowed to use the calculators during examination.
UPSC CDS II 2017 Examination Centers
List of the examination centers in which the examination will be held at:
UPSC CDS II 2017 Admit Card
The candidates who will be registered successfully and have paid the application fee shall receive an e- admit card three weeks before the entrance examination. Admit card will be release in the 1st week of November 2017. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in No admit card will be send through posts. Candidate must download it from the website and take a printout of it. Applicants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card, therefore candidates are advised to bring the admit card safely on the day of examination.
Result of UPSC CDS II 2017 Examination
To be selected for Defence services candidate must obtain minimum qualifying marks that are fixed by the Union Public Service Commission both in written as well as in the SSB Interview/ Personality Test. A merit list will be prepared of the qualified candidates which will be announced on the official website of UPSC. Firstly the results for written examination will be released by UPSC, the candidate who qualify the examination will be selected for the SSB (interview for intelligence and personality test). This exam will be conducted by Services Selection Board, a list of qualified/ shortlisted candidates will be released by SSB.