USET Syllabus 2020: The USET 2020 is conducted for 27 subjects. The complete USET Syllabus 2020 is released at the official University website i.e. kunainital.nic.in. It contains the details of the subjects and topics from which the question paper is set. USET 2020 has three papers where the syllabus of the first paper is common while the second and third paper is subject-specific. Candidates are able to choose the subject of choice while filling the application form of USET 2020. Read this article to get the complete details of USET Syllabus 2020.
USET Syllabus 2020
There are three papers in the USET 2020 exam. Paper-1 is based on generic questions intended to test the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. Whereas the syllabus of Paper-2 & 3 is subject-specific and hence the question paper is based on the preferred subject selected by the candidate. USET syllabus 2020 for all papers is uploaded on the official websites i.e. usetonline.com and kunainital.ac.in. Direct download links for all subjects can also be found on this page as per schedule.
USET Syllabus 2020 of Paper-1
Paper-1 is common in nature and the syllabus apply to all candidates regardless of subject selection. The entire paper is based on teaching and research capabilities. Check out the indicative syllabus below.
I. Teaching Aptitude
- Nature, objectives, characteristics and basic requirements of teaching
- Learners characteristics
- Factors affecting teaching
- Methods of teaching & teaching aids
- Evaluation systems
II. Research Aptitude
- Meaning, characteristics and types of research
- Steps of research
- Methods of research
- Research ethics
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference and symposium
- Thesis writing
III. Reading Comprehension
- Questions asked from a single passage in the question paper
- Effective classroom communication
V. Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Number series
- Letter series
VI. Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
- Verbal analogies
- Verbal classification
- Reasoning logical diagrams
VII. Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data
- Quantitative and qualitative data
- Graphical representation and mapping of data
VIII. Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages and uses
- General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
IX. People and Environment
- People and environment interaction
- Sources of pollution
- Pollutants and their impact on human life
- Exploitation of natural and energy resources
- Natural hazards and mitigation
X. Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
- Structure of institutions for higher learning and research in India
- Formal and distance education
- Professional/technical and general education
- Value education
- Polity and administration
- Institutions and their interactions.
USET Syllabus 2020 of Paper-2 & 3
Paper 2 and 3 of the USET 2020 exam are based on the preferred subject of selection by the candidate. The University conducts the exam in 27 different subjects.
Subject List for USET 2020
The candidates are allowed to apply for only one subject from the list provided here. The questions asked in the paper is in English or Hindi. Candidates can answer in one of these languages. However, in respect of Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Life Science, Earth & Atmospheric Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science, and Applications question papers are available in English only.
|01||Hindi||15||Earth and |
|06||Political Science||20||Life science|
|08||History||22||Computer Science |
|11||Physical Education||25||Visual Art|
|13||Defence and Strategic studies||27||Library and |
Suggested Books For USET 2020
Candidates can refer to the following important books available online to prepare for the USET 2020 exam.
|UGC Net Digest for Paper – 1 (General) – |
Teaching and Research Aptitude
|Uttarakhand Rajya Patrata Pariksha |
(U-SET) Paper-I 2015
|SET (State Eligibility Test) |
Teaching & Research Aptitude 2019
|Teaching Aptitude & Teaching Attitude: |
For All Teachers Recruitment Examinations 2020
|NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF PAPER 1 |
SOLVED PAPERS (JUN 2010 -DEC 2019)
The Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test or USET is teacher eligibility test conducted by the Kumaun University, Nainital. The exam is conducted to qualify eligible candidates for recruitment into the post of Assistant Professor in the state of Uttarakhand. There are three papers in the Uttarakhand State Eligibility Test. Candidates must qualify by securing the minimum qualifying marks to get the USET certificate.