Vizag Steel Recruitment is notified on the official website of VIZAG steel i.e. vizagsteel.com. The company recruits candidates in 2 ways, one is through a scorecard of competitive exams and the other is through a computer-based test. After the shortlist of candidates is released, the candidate has to appear for document verification and personal interview. The computer-based test is divided into 2 sections which are General Aptitude (including knowledge in English and Telugu) and Domain (Mechanical / Electrical / Metallurgy). The candidates must clear the exam to appear in the personal interview round.
Vizag Steel Recruitment
Vizag Steel formally known as the Vishakapatnam Steel plant had its corporate identity as SAIL till 1982. After then, the plant-incorporated its own separate corporate identity of RINL (Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited). Till today, the company has 2 joint ventures namely RPTPL and RINMOIL in which the company has 50% share each. Following is the schedule of vacancies with a relevant link for VIZAG Steel Recruitment:
|Advt. No.||Name of Posts||Link|
|02/2020||Dermatologist (Female) on contract/tenure based||Click Here|
|02/2020||Medical Professional (General Surgery)||Click Here|
|02/2020||Chief General Manager(Medical & Health Services)||Click Here|
|02/2020||Management Trainee (HR, Marketing & Corporate Comn.)|
Through UGC Net
|01/2020||Management Trainee||Click here|
|Rectt. 02/2019||Management Trainees (HR) & (Marketing) through UGC-NET|
Examination of June-2019
|04/2019||Radiologist on Contract||Click Here|
|Rectt. 04/2019||Junior Trainees and OCM Trainees||Click Here|
|03/2019||Manpower for Captive Mines on Tenure||Click Here|
|02/2019||Medical Officers on Contract||Click Here|
Vizag Steel Management Trainee Recruitment
In view of the outbreak of new Corona Virus COVID-19, the Online test for Management Trainee (Tech) – 2020 scheduled on 22.03.2020, has been postponed and revised date will be intimated soon at the official website.
VIZAG Steel: The Pride of Steel
VIZAG steel has its corporate identity as Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) and is governed by the Ministry of Steel of Government of India. The Vishakapatnam Steel plant was is formally called Vizag Steel. Its first plant was set up in the year 2008. It was built using German and Soviet technology. Currently, the corporation had completed its expansion to 6.3 MT with a total investment of Rs.12,300 crore. The industry was built and has grown from a loss-making industry.
History Of VIZAG Steel
The former prime minister of India, Smt. Indra Gandhi announced the decision of having a steel plant in vishakapatnam on April 17, 1970. It was built using German and Soviet technology. In 1970, Kurupam Zamindars donated 6,000 acres of land for Vizag Steel Plant. In 1981, the blast furnace foundation was laid with first mass concrete.
Till 1982, Vishakapatnam steel had its corporate identity from SAIL. But, after that year, VIZAG created its own corporate identity which was known as RINL. On November 17, 2010, VIZAG got its status of Navartna from Government of India.
Infrastructure of VIZAG Steel
The infrastructure of VIZAG Steel consists of following types of plants and mills:
- Coke Ovens and Coal Chemical Plant
- Sinter plant
- Blast furnace
- Calcining and Refractory Material Plant
- Steel Melt Shop and Continuous Casting
- Light and Medium Merchant Mill
- Medium Merchant and Structural Mill
- Wire rod mill
- Steel melt shop
- THERMAL power plant
Joint Ventures of VIZAG Steel
Following are the joint ventures of VIZAG Steel:
- RPTPL: Rashtriya POWERGRID TLT Pvt. Ltd. is a joint venture of POWERGRID and RINL with a 50:50 ownership of both the companies. It was established on August 19, 2013.
- RINMOIL Ferro Alloys Private Limited: It is a joint venture of RINL with MOIL Ltd wit 50:50 partnership. It was the first joint venture of RINL incorporated on July, 2009.
VIZAG Steel Awards
Following are the awards entitled to VIZAG Steel:
- “Steelies India 2018 Award” for his Operational and Leadership Excellence at RINL-VSP
- “National Sustainability Award – Second Prize” for the year 2018 (Integrated Steel Plants Category) in recognition of Quality Control aspects in the Steel Sector.
- “Country’s Best – Star Award” at the International Convention on Quality Control Circles (ICQCC-2018) held at Singapore, during 22nd – 25th Oct, 2018.
- “Rajbhasha Keerti Puraskar (Gruha Patrika)” 1st Prize for the year 2017-18 to RINL-VSP
- “Excellent Energy Efficient Award” by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Godrej Green Business Centre
- Rajbhasha Prize of Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India for the year 2017-18.
- Best Enterprise Award-First prize in the “Navratna” category for 2017
- “National Sustainability Award – 2nd prize” for the year 2017
- “India Seatrade Award-2017” for foraying into Coastal shipping in the country.
- “Rajbhasha Keerti Puraskar– 1st Prize” for the year 2016-17
- “Star Performer Award” for the year 2015-16
- Corporate Vigilance Excellence Award for the year 2016-17 under “Steel Sector”
About Technical Training Institute (TTI)
TTI is the core department for Industrial /Project Based Training for students. The students who bear at least 3(Three) years of study in Engg. or 1 (one) year of study in M.Sc./MCA, etc are eligible for admission in the institute. On the completion of the training, the students receive their Training / Project Completion Certificate from TTI. The important features of TTI are:
- Courses designed in consultations with line managers.
- Three-tier evaluation of training effectiveness.
- Unit Training (on- the-job) Training.
- Constant review and improvements based on feedback.
- Focus on internal faculty development.
How To get selected in VIZAG Steel?
The selection procedure for VIZAG Steel has 2 way:
- Through Competitive Examination: The VIZAG Steel recruits people through competitive examination. The score card of national level exam is used as a parameter to shortlist candidates for next level. The shortlisted cnadidates then go through personal interview round for the final selection.
- Written Test: Written test is conducted for recruitment process of other posts. Written Test will be conducted on General Aptitude (including knowledge in English and Telugu) and Domain (Mechanical / Electrical / Metallurgy). Test papers will be set in bilingual in English and Telugu. Candidates shortlisted based on performance in written test will be called for Certificate Verification. Merit list will be prepared separately for each branch and candidates will be selected as per the vacancies in each branch. Selection will be through Written Test and Certificate Verification.